Shazam Vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil player007
i say thor wins but shazam stands a chance

DigiMark007
Good fight. I'd give the win to either of these guys over Superman because they have magic on their side, but against each other it would be good.

Marvel is powered by gods. Thor IS a god. Not the greatest argument, but for lack of a better reason I'll side with Thor, even though I like Cpt. Marvel a little better than Thor.

-DM

dawsey28
Is this a fight btwn the Wizard Shazam (in which Cap'n Marvel gets his powers from) or Cap'n Marvel himself?

Stupid question, I know? But you never know what people mean these days.

Draco69
Captain Marvel. People call him Shazam because there's like a dozen different Captain Marvels out there.

armandovalles
in DC/Marvel Thor beat Shazam one on one.

Draco69
Crossovers are bull. Storm beat WW. And Wolverine beat Lobo. With BONE claws no less. Fan voting is never to be done again.

And yes Thor would own CM.

dawsey28
In that case, I say Thor wins. (That it is Cap'n Marvel and not the wizard.)

Thor has way more experiance as a fighter than a young Billy Batson could handle.

Cpt. Marvel may have "The wisdom of Soloman" but the wisdom of a mortal Biblical character isn't enough to counter the countless battles of gods, devils and cosmic beings that Thor has put in their place.

Thor can go in and out of dimensions, keep Marvel away with many different tornados and lightning bolts.

Marvel may get a lucky shot or two using the speed of Mercury and the strength of Hercules, but Thor is nigh invulnerable and those shots won't defeat him.

marvel vs DC comic shouldn't count in an argument sinse the winners were voted in and the writers made each charcter "equal to their opponent."

juggernaut74
Originally posted by armandovalles
in DC/Marvel Thor beat Shazam one on one. I may have already stated this in another thread but Thor beat Billy Batson in a fight. Thor admitted that he was not proud of the way of the victory or something on those lines. I think they are very similar characters but in some ways I think CM outclasses Thor.

Captain Marvel actually has superspeed as a weapon. I dont recall Thor having superfootspeed.

Captain Marvel has the ability of true flight while Thor has to carry around a Hammer during flight.

Tough call could go either way......

dawsey28
But DC vs Marvel fights should not count anyway. The wins were voted in by fans.

While Marvel has the edge in speed and flight, that won't stop Hurricanes, tornadoes and lightning bolts, dimensional portals AND being pounded by a very powerful hammer.

The captain may get a lucky shot or two, but Thor is near invulnerable and has enough powers to stop Marvel from getting a bunch of punches in.

juggernaut74
How are Hurricances & Tornadoes gonna do in CM? Magical Lightning? Interesting.......

dawsey28
I'm not saying those are going to "do him in," but they can keep CM from speed blitzing Thor.

More or less they'll keep CM busy while Thor goes in and out of dimensions and pounds away with his hammer.

It won't be an easy fight, but Thor has the edge in battle experience and powers.

EDIT: Before you get in a heavy argument with me let me go ahead and say that I haven't read comics in quite some time, so I'm not up-to-speed with all the new powers and everything. It seems many characters have lost weaknesses and have gotten major upgrades.

So I'm not an expert here. I'm just going by what I know from a couple years back.

juggernaut74
I dont know for sure but Draco said something about CM being able to open dimensions or portals or whatever. I am still learning the true powers of Captain Marvel.

kgkg
Originally posted by Draco69
Crossovers are bull. Storm beat WW. And Wolverine beat Lobo. With BONE claws no less. Fan voting is never to be done again.

And yes Thor would own CM.
ditto.

Thor >= Superman >CM

K3VIL
Tough fight, Thor would win anyway.
He has mastered his powers, and he can emit magical lightning far more powerful than that of CM, plus he can control the lightning of CM and even turn back him into human form.

Galan777
*cough*

Supreme being
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Good fight. I'd give the win to either of these guys over Superman because they have magic on their side, but against each other it would be good.

Marvel is powered by gods. Thor IS a god. Not the greatest argument, but for lack of a better reason I'll side with Thor, even though I like Cpt. Marvel a little better than Thor.

-DM

I am actually glad you stated this, ladies and gentlemen may i gather your attention and state something a lot of you may be lost on. Now in the latest issue of trails of shazam its stated that the marvel family get their powers from a much higher higher higher form of gods. The gods of magic so its like this Zeus<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Zeus god of magic, you see the only similarities between the gods known to us and the gods of magic is their names. So the argument when cap is fighting gods cant be used anymore you know the usal "oh his fighting a god and his powered by one".

Soljer
Originally posted by Supreme being
I am actually glad you stated this, ladies and gentlemen may i gather your attention and state something a lot of you may be lost on. Now in the latest issue of trails of shazam its stated that the marvel family get their powers from a much higher higher higher form of gods. The gods of magic so its like this Zeus<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Zeus god of magic, you see the only similarities between the gods known to us and the gods of magic is their names. So the argument when cap is fighting gods cant be used anymore that oh his fighting a god and his powered by one.

Wait, did they actually say that the lords of magic were incredibly superior to the standard gods? I thought it was just pointed out that it was a different pantheon? Not necessarily a SUPERIOR one.

Just that Diana's strength greater than hercules isn't greater than SHAZAM's hercules?

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Supreme being
I am actually glad you stated this, ladies and gentlemen may i gather your attention and state something a lot of you may be lost on. Now in the latest issue of trails of shazam its stated that the marvel family get their powers from a much higher higher higher form of gods. The gods of magic so its like this Zeus<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Zeus god of magic, you see the only similarities between the gods known to us and the gods of magic is their names. So the argument when cap is fighting gods cant be used anymore you know the usal "oh his fighting a god and his powered by one".

?

D-Block
It didn't state if they were superior or not

Deathstroke
Since the thread was bumped does that make it current Shazamified Captain Marvel? If so I'd say he wins.

Milkie
Originally posted by D-Block

They kinda did in a way.

Wonder Woman gets her Power from Terra-Based gods, a different realm of power while The Marvel Family gets theirs from the actual big guns the "Lords of Magic"

There are millions of the same gods but there is actually a Zeus a Mercury a Solomon a Zephyrus a Minerva a Hippolyta etc. that is above them all.

At least that is what I got from that Issue.

Some people may see it differently due to lack of knowledge about the Marvel Family or their opinions

Supreme being
Originally posted by D-Block

That guy that Freddy was talking to as good as said it he said that there were millions with similar names of the gods but only the six that Freddy was going to do a trial for were important perhaps i am reading to much into nothing but he as good as said it. Besides the title gods of magic leaves a lot open for speculation that perhaps they are the gods of the gods, who knows where DC is taking this but we can only wait and watch.

Milkie
I still don't like a few things that has happened in TOS.

ti1blada
CM might win,he have more chance of winning than Thor.
Powers
The wizard's name, SHAZAM, is an acronym with each letter standing for an Elder who grants his power to Shazam's champion.

When Freddy Freeman speaks the wizard's name, a magical lightning bolt from Zeus charged with the power of the Shazam Elders transforms Freddy from an adolescent boy into the adult hero, Captain Marvel, empowered by the gods. As Captain Marvel, he is granted powers from these Elders:

S for Solomon

S is for the wisdom of Solomon. The wisdom of Solomon gives Freddy great knowledge as well as a photographic memory. Solomon is actually able to speak to Freddy during his times of need. The wisdom of Solomon also makes Freddy omni-lingual and makes him a very skilled war tactician. Superhuman Knowledge- Captain Marvel posses a vast amount of knowledge about facts that he had no encountered previously. Freddy is able to make guesses about subjects that he had no prior knowledge to but is able to answer with incredible accuracy.

Clairvoyance - Freddy Freeman is able to change disadvantages to advantages even though he is not fully aware of the situation at hand.

Hypnosis- Freddy Freeman is able to hypnotize his opponents but this does not work on people who are of a very strong mind.

Omni-Lingual- Freddy has the ability to speak any language and can even communicate with aliens.

H for Hercules

H is for the strength of Hercules, strongest of the gods. Freddy is empowered with Hercules' nearly limitless superhuman-strength which is often compared to and rivals that of Superman. As such, Captain Marvel's strength is of the highest level and is sufficiently vast enough that it enables him to lift/move unbelievably massive and/or heavy objects possibly on a planetary scale or higher with little effort. Freddy Freeman often attempts to use only as much force as is necessary so is not often seen moving objects of a planetary scale accomplishing such tasks are well within his abilities

Superhuman Strength- Captain Marvel has the ability to lift well over 100 tons with minimal effort and has battled top tier beings such as Wonder Woman and also Superman. The limits of Captain Marvels strength are unknown.

A for Atlas

A is for the stamina of Atlas, Titan who bears the heavens on his shoulders. This means he doesn't need to sleep or eat as Captain Marvel and has virtually limitless superhuman endurance. Due to Atlas' stamina, Captain Marvel doesn't fatigue during or after any exertion; no matter how strenuous or how long in duration. This also makes him near-invulnerable.

Self-sustenance- While in the form of Captain Marvel, Freddy Freeman does not need to eat. sleep or breathe. The godly energies that transform his body into Earth's Mightiest Hero are enough to sustain his body. From Black Adam, who also shares the same powers as Freddy Freeman (but from different sources) we have seen that he was able to survive crossing the universe in his return to Earth which took him 5,000 years to accomplish.

Super-human Stamina- Captain Marvel's godly energies do not require him to rest and prevent any kind of fatigue toxins from building in his body granting virtually inexhaustible amounts of endurance no matter how strenuous the physical activity he is engaged in.

Z for Zeus

Z is for the power of Zeus, most powerful of the gods. This grants Captain Marvel magic resistance and the lightning that changes Freddy. He has used the lightning as a weapon before, when he dodges it - allowing it to strike an enemy. Captain Marvel has also stated that with this power also comes the "Wrath of Zeus."

Magical Resistance- The power of Zeus gives Captain Marvel a resistance against magic and only magic of the highest order is able to harm him.

Corporal Enhancement - When Freddy Freeman transforms into Shazam he gains added muscle as well as height to that of a full grown "God".

Teleportation- With the power of Zeus, Captain Marvel has the ability to transport to the Rock of Eternity wherever he is at.

Sorcery- Captain Marvel is a being of pure and ancient magic. This gives him the ability to resist the negative effects of magic.

Healing- Although Captain Marvel has the power of the Gods it is possible to harm him. Captain Marvel is able to call down the lightning that gives him his powers in order to heal his body if he is injured. Captain Marvel's healing factor is also of a godly level and is able to heal himself from almost all injuries in an incredible amount of time.

A for Achilles

A is for the courage of Achilles, greatest hero of the Trojan War. This grants him an inner strength and confidence.

Invulnerability- Captain Marvel is virtually invulnerable to all forms of harm. His resistance to harm is equal to that of Superman's but he does not share his weaknesses to Kryptonite or magic.

Optimism- Captain Marvel is a combination of the Wisdom of Solomon as well as the child personality of Freddy Freeman which create a fairly optimistic character in the DC Universe. He is able to keep his cool in even the most dire of situations.

M for Mercury

M is for the speed of Mercury, swiftest of the gods. This grants Marvel his god-like speed and his power to fly. This power is also responsible for his sorcery skills.

Superhuman Speed- Captain Marvel is able to move at incredible speeds and is able to move so fast that he can seem invisible to the eye of the human being. Captain Marvels speeds is said to surpass that of even Superman.

Flight- The power of Mercury grants Captain Marvel the ability to defy gravity. With this, he is able to travel through space and through the atmosphere of the Earth at incredible speeds.
laughing stick out tongue Happy Dance

ti1blada
Powers
The wizard's name, SHAZAM, is an acronym with each letter standing for an Elder who grants his power to Shazam's champion.

When Freddy Freeman speaks the wizard's name, a magical lightning bolt from Zeus charged with the power of the Shazam Elders transforms Freddy from an adolescent boy into the adult hero, Captain Marvel, empowered by the gods. As Captain Marvel, he is granted powers from these Elders:

S for Solomon

S is for the wisdom of Solomon. The wisdom of Solomon gives Freddy great knowledge as well as a photographic memory. Solomon is actually able to speak to Freddy during his times of need. The wisdom of Solomon also makes Freddy omni-lingual and makes him a very skilled war tactician. Superhuman Knowledge- Captain Marvel posses a vast amount of knowledge about facts that he had no encountered previously. Freddy is able to make guesses about subjects that he had no prior knowledge to but is able to answer with incredible accuracy.

Clairvoyance - Freddy Freeman is able to change disadvantages to advantages even though he is not fully aware of the situation at hand.

Hypnosis- Freddy Freeman is able to hypnotize his opponents but this does not work on people who are of a very strong mind.

Omni-Lingual- Freddy has the ability to speak any language and can even communicate with aliens.

H for Hercules

H is for the strength of Hercules, strongest of the gods. Freddy is empowered with Hercules' nearly limitless superhuman-strength which is often compared to and rivals that of Superman. As such, Captain Marvel's strength is of the highest level and is sufficiently vast enough that it enables him to lift/move unbelievably massive and/or heavy objects possibly on a planetary scale or higher with little effort. Freddy Freeman often attempts to use only as much force as is necessary so is not often seen moving objects of a planetary scale accomplishing such tasks are well within his abilities

Superhuman Strength- Captain Marvel has the ability to lift well over 100 tons with minimal effort and has battled top tier beings such as Wonder Woman and also Superman. The limits of Captain Marvels strength are unknown.

A for Atlas

A is for the stamina of Atlas, Titan who bears the heavens on his shoulders. This means he doesn't need to sleep or eat as Captain Marvel and has virtually limitless superhuman endurance. Due to Atlas' stamina, Captain Marvel doesn't fatigue during or after any exertion; no matter how strenuous or how long in duration. This also makes him near-invulnerable.

Self-sustenance- While in the form of Captain Marvel, Freddy Freeman does not need to eat. sleep or breathe. The godly energies that transform his body into Earth's Mightiest Hero are enough to sustain his body. From Black Adam, who also shares the same powers as Freddy Freeman (but from different sources) we have seen that he was able to survive crossing the universe in his return to Earth which took him 5,000 years to accomplish.

Super-human Stamina- Captain Marvel's godly energies do not require him to rest and prevent any kind of fatigue toxins from building in his body granting virtually inexhaustible amounts of endurance no matter how strenuous the physical activity he is engaged in.

Z for Zeus

Z is for the power of Zeus, most powerful of the gods. This grants Captain Marvel magic resistance and the lightning that changes Freddy. He has used the lightning as a weapon before, when he dodges it - allowing it to strike an enemy. Captain Marvel has also stated that with this power also comes the "Wrath of Zeus."

Magical Resistance- The power of Zeus gives Captain Marvel a resistance against magic and only magic of the highest order is able to harm him.

Corporal Enhancement - When Freddy Freeman transforms into Shazam he gains added muscle as well as height to that of a full grown "God".

Teleportation- With the power of Zeus, Captain Marvel has the ability to transport to the Rock of Eternity wherever he is at.

Sorcery- Captain Marvel is a being of pure and ancient magic. This gives him the ability to resist the negative effects of magic.

Healing- Although Captain Marvel has the power of the Gods it is possible to harm him. Captain Marvel is able to call down the lightning that gives him his powers in order to heal his body if he is injured. Captain Marvel's healing factor is also of a godly level and is able to heal himself from almost all injuries in an incredible amount of time.

A for Achilles

A is for the courage of Achilles, greatest hero of the Trojan War. This grants him an inner strength and confidence.

Invulnerability- Captain Marvel is virtually invulnerable to all forms of harm. His resistance to harm is equal to that of Superman's but he does not share his weaknesses to Kryptonite or magic.

Optimism- Captain Marvel is a combination of the Wisdom of Solomon as well as the child personality of Freddy Freeman which create a fairly optimistic character in the DC Universe. He is able to keep his cool in even the most dire of situations.

M for Mercury

M is for the speed of Mercury, swiftest of the gods. This grants Marvel his god-like speed and his power to fly. This power is also responsible for his sorcery skills.

Superhuman Speed- Captain Marvel is able to move at incredible speeds and is able to move so fast that he can seem invisible to the eye of the human being. Captain Marvels speeds is said to surpass that of even Superman.

Flight- The power of Mercury grants Captain Marvel the ability to defy gravity. With this, he is able to travel through space and through the atmosphere of the Earth at incredible speeds.
Thor might lose

JakeTheBank
Thor for the majority. Great fight, though.

ozz81
yeah thor easy..i think also there was a non cannon comic thor vs shazam thor ended up winning..

JakeTheBank
They fought in Marvel vs. DC, in which the fights' winners were fan voted. Thor vs. Captain Marvel was one of the seldom ones that wasn't outright PIS.

Stoic
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thor for the majority. Great fight, though.

You enjoyed one lining it after that heroic post didn't you?

DARTH POWER
Actually the Thor vs Shazam fight was one of the few which were not fan voted in that crossover. Another one was Surfer vs GL.

Anyway great fight. Edge to Thor.

KJ Stewart
If they both actually used their powers, Captain Marvel would stomp. You know, given that he is multiple, multiple, multiple times faster than Thor.

iceman24567
Originally posted by KJ Stewart
If they both actually used their powers, Captain Marvel would stomp. You know, given that he is multiple, multiple, multiple times faster than Thor. Yeah and Thor has exotic attacks that would completely shut Billy down.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by KJ Stewart
If they both actually used their powers, Captain Marvel would stomp. You know, given that he is multiple, multiple, multiple times faster than Thor.

Same old argument.. That reasoning might work with the Hulk, but Thor has more up his sleeve than just raw strength.

abhilegend
LOL, I think that Darth would kill someone the next time anyone would talk about Thor's "imaginary" speed weakness.

DARTH POWER
^ Il try to stay calm lol

cdtm
Cap!

He's actually beaten down Adam in the past, and I'd give Adam a majority over Thor too.

It helps that he has pretty heavy resistance to magic. I doubt Thor's lightning would do much more than tickle, and his fight ending attacks aren't something I can see him pulling out before Billy's on him, given the significant speed difference.

JakeTheBank
Powerful enough magic still hurts Cap, just like powerful enough magic still hurts Wonder Woman, Black Adam, or Thor. Thor's got the physical strength to definitely compete with Billy and Teth, and that coupled with Mjolnir is going to hurt. In spite of its magical properties, I don't see it being shrugged off or no sold by Cap. Cap doesn't shrug off Adam's magically amped fists or vice versa.

I see Cap being able to endure Thor's purely mystical based attacks better than say, Superman, or someone without explicit magic defenses, but not enough to where it registers barely as a inconvenience.

cdtm
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Powerful enough magic still hurts Cap, just like powerful enough magic still hurts Wonder Woman, Black Adam, or Thor. Thor's got the physical strength to definitely compete with Billy and Teth, and that coupled with Mjolnir is going to hurt. In spite of its magical properties, I don't see it being shrugged off or no sold by Cap. Cap doesn't shrug off Adam's magically amped fists or vice versa.

I see Cap being able to endure Thor's purely mystical based attacks better than say, Superman, or someone without explicit magic defenses, but not enough to where it registers barely as a inconvenience.

But magic lightning? Fate tried that, and Adam basically called him dumb for using that kind of attack on him.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by cdtm
But magic lightning? Fate tried that, and Adam basically called him dumb for using that kind of attack on him.

Conventionally, I'd say Thor's magic lightning is about as high end as you can get barring Zeus.

That being said, I sure as hell don't think Thor can forcibly depower Cap or Black Adam (CM3 is another story) with lightning, which seems to be a popular line of thought I've seen around the internetz concerning these two fighting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.