The Return of Martin Campbell

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lau_timmy
Hmmm, looks like the producers are taking the same direction as in 1977 when they rehired Lewis Gilbert to do TSWLM 10 years after he did YOLT.

I loved Goldeneye when it first came out. Campbell was excellent in bringing in a new era of Bond and presenting a new Bond. And I see no reason he couldn't do it again. I think Campbell would be a decent choice to direct bond 21 despite his two disappointments of Vertical Limits and Beyond Borders. The most important along with the script is who is playing James Bond, that will make anything in the script look better, and anything the director does better.

I heard that Campbell's top choice for bond is Clive Owens: "Clive would make a great James Bond. He goes back to the Connery version of Bond. There's a duality in both Connery and Clive. These are guys who onscreen love you one minute and then can kill you in the next. Plus, with Clive, like with Connery, when he hits you, you stay down."

yerssot
I absolutely love the idea of Campbell returning. As you said, he introduced the new bond and can do it again now.

Only problem I see is that the scriptwriters said that they wrote the first draft with Pierce in mind, so there might be some problems with the script. Though I'm sure they can get around that and hopefully deliver a good movie this time

silver_tears
Well we might not have a problem if Pierce is back big grin

yerssot
do you know more? eek!

silver_tears
nope sad

yerssot
you've destroyed my hopes... you... you ... destroyer! cry

silver_tears
Shiva eek!

Umm sorry, yea, I did no worse for you then you for me stick out tongue

yerssot
but I always let people down

silver_tears
thats not true stick out tongue

yerssot
you just say that cause you don't wink

silver_tears
i let myself down stick out tongue

yerssot
we could get down together wink

silver_tears
and move it all around? eek!

sorry backstreet boys song embarrasment

yerssot
I sure hope we'll be moving yes wink

silver_tears
as much as I love you darling laughing out loud i must run, kisses winkiss

yerssot
I hate to see you go, but I love to see you leave *checks out your bum* wink

silver_tears
I think the same about you ninja

yerssot
oh, I see... Hmphf, I'll leave already stick out tongue

silver_tears
I meant the buns droolio

yerssot
the buns? I'm fat?

silver_tears
If you say so stick out tongue

yerssot
you're far too trusting wink

silver_tears
sometimes ninja

yerssot
I see it as a good thing wink

silver_tears
Me too, it gives me an angelic appearance ninja

yerssot
we all know that you're not, you can drop the act wink

silver_tears
But it's fun to pretend wink

yerssot
a sort of role playing? well, there are quite some roles that some people like to do stick out tongue

silver_tears
Oh there's many yes

yerssot
have any in mind? wink

silver_tears
I could be a cop eek!

yerssot
I'll bring the handcuffs wink

silver_tears
I already have a set bag

yerssot
two sets are better than one wink

silver_tears
You do have a point hmm

yerssot
nice and sharp even wink

lordofwar
He should of chose Clive Owens. They did work together in Beyord Borders.

Clovie
Dear Irene, I would like to ask how is having convo about bring cuffs more on topic in the Campbell thread than having a convo about possibilities of seeing the newest and probable the best Batman movie in Bond vs. Batman thread?

Would appreciate the real and honest answer.
and the one that you're a mod and you can is not acceptable erm

yerssot
Originally posted by lordofwar
He should of chose Clive Owens. They did work together in Beyord Borders.
I was fully behind his support to select Goran Visjnic as Bond but I'm glad that they got Campbell back: he already did it with Goldeneye.
And then that Haggis will polish up the script (Crash & Million Dollar Baby) so it's all set up to be good IF they do it well

lordofwar
Well, the Legend of Zorro isn't getting too many good reviews by critics. Campbell better not screw up CR.

yerssot
yeah but what is Zorro? You can't compare that with Bond, better think of GE, he did that one and it was dark and introduced a new bond just like CR will do the same

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.