Parents Guide To Ep3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mandalorian_war

moviejunkie23
WOW GREAT SPOILERS!!!!

tlbauerle
I actually thought this was a great update for TFN...but spoiler tags are in order.

Batman316
hmm so we have toilet breaks here and here.....

cool post, nice to here a parents persepctive

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by moviejunkie23
WOW GREAT SPOILERS!!!!

yeah considering the lack of the word SPOILER in the title combined with the lack of spoiler tags, Id say you are gonna hear about this. Thanks for posting it tho.

astrofan428
Funny that it said spoilers will follow highlight to read.

But good info, thanks for posting it.

moviejunkie23
it would have helped if they had spoilers in the title , but they still said spoilers before theyw ent on to the descriptions
(just tryin to cut em some slack)

JKozzy
Probably didn't pay attention when posting. Nice sig moviejunkie smile

moviejunkie23
Originally posted by JKozzy
Probably didn't pay attention when posting. Nice sig moviejunkie smile

oh thanks man! I didn't put much work into it or anything. I like yours better. You custom it yourself?

terd40
you should be thankful that your children only see this on a movie screen. people all over the world deal with far greater gorry events on a daily basis such as iraq, or sudan. how about being honest with your kids for a change instead of being an overly protective, and selfish parent. lies and decieption are the ways of the dark side. may the force be with you

dAngEr_Is_gO!
Thanks for posting this! My partner and I were unsure of whether to take our 5 year old to see this movie because he loves all of the Star Wars movies to date and is excited about this one. This info helps us make a more informed decision.

star22
I had already read this on theforce.net. It isn't as bad as I thought it would be. To me, for a PG-13, they would have shown the younglings being killed and such. I think that it barely makes the PG-13. Its just over the line or something.

Darth_Janus
There's no harm in seeing if you put it in perspective for your children. My mother was very thorough and always talked things over with me, and I don't have any urges to be emotionally scarred or shoot up a school. Parents need to be parents and not raise a child in a house of pillows. You raise your children to mature, learn, adapt, and survive outside of your protective reaches. Any parent that coddles their child and shelters them from the real world is hurting more than helping.

star22
I agree. My parents were really strict for a while. They got wise after a while and took me to see things that they had screaned first and talked things over afterwards.

koolruningz
My six year old's favourite movie at the moment is Hellboy (along with the Star Wars movies) so i think that earns him a seat next to me in the theatre.

Cintre
I'm going without my youngest to see it first. He's three, and the biggest 'little' Star Wars fan I know. I think he could handle it, as at the moment his favorite movie to watch is Starship Troopers, or 'The Bugs' as he calls it. I'm sure he can handle RotS, but to be safe, I'll go first. I can handle seeing the movie twice if I decide to take him afterwards.

Darth_Janus
If he can sit through Starship Troopers, unless you have some special PG rated edited edition, ROTS shouldn't be anything to flinch at.

ShadowKing
too much violence is no good for any kid without proper perspective...

good vs evil
it's only a movie...no one got hurt, etc
I think a mature 9 or 10 year old will be fine...younger, you should probably see it first and make good parental judgement

yes terd40, there is real evil, gory, and unwarranted violence in the world. the job of a parent is to shield a youngling from it until they are old enough to process and understand that everything is not butterflies and flowers...let them enjoy their innocence while they can; I'm sure the parents of children in areas where day to day living doesn't allow time to post opinions on forums would appreciate if their children could live in innocence also ...IMHO

Darth_Janus
Very true. Each parent would want their child to enjoy the innocence of childhood if possible. Perhaps then a wise goal for a society is to create an environment where that is possible, instead of one where children are abused and mistreated regularly, where their thoughts are being bombarded with images and sounds from media and whatnot, from interaction with kids who aren't raised properly who may introduce bad behavior...

Bah. It's all just a mess. You could say that in a perfect world, we would not need to fear taking our kids to the movies we enjoy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.