Marvel Universe (regular) v continuity

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

whirlysplat
Who wins? Sorry if anyone sees this ironic thread as stealing there bandwith. big grin

jinzin
continuity for sure....marvel just can't keep up.........at all.

whirlysplat
I think continuity loses all the time to marvelsmile

jinzin
oh you mean like that.....yeah marvel owns continuity.....in the sense that they don't even need it.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by jinzin
oh you mean like that.....yeah marvel owns continuity.....in the sense that they don't even need it.

Thats what I thought big grin

Scoobless
continuity is almost completely irrelevant to the all powerful Marvel machine...... you only have to look at all the "villains" character developments they go through in the large storylines only to appear in a one off Avengers book (or whatever) completely reverted back to their personalities and behaviour from their first appearance

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Scoobless
continuity is almost completely irrelevant to the all powerful Marvel machine...... you only have to look at all the "villains" character developments they go through in the large storylines only to appear in a one off Avengers book (or whatever) completely reverted back to their personalities and behaviour from their first appearance

I think Magneto is the best example off this, Leader of the Xmen then he turns up in west coast avengers as Magneto from 5 years earlier, its sad really.

Laminator_X
It boggles my mind that they don't just have the editors sit down around a coffee table once a month to keep stuff like that from happenning. Or have a file cabinet or database or something to keep track of character development.
What was up with Molecule Man being on the Raft in New Avengers? Did noone remember that he had gone straight and settled down in Colorado in the 80s, and then ceased to exist in the 90s?

whirlysplat
So basically marvel is full or poor continuity guys! Strange the fanboys don't see it. It really needs a crisis.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.