Timothy Zahn Trilogy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthRunixia
I don't remember what the name of the trilogy is officially, but I'm talking about "Heir To The Empire", "Dark Force Rising", and "The Last Command". I'm almost done with the second one now. I was just wondering who else has read these. I think they are freaking awesome!

Darth_Janus
I haven't read them yet, but I have read other works. Thus far I like Foster's works and Barnes. Both are excellent, althought Barnes is more technical in his descriptions and such.

Darth_Glentract
The Thrawn Triliogy is the best books. Janus, you should definately read them.

§pearhead
I loved these books--well, up to a certain point. I'm sick of the New Republic bias all these authors have, and it's downright ridiculous at times. But whatever. This trilogy was awesome, and I believe introduced Interdictor Cruisers...which in itself makes it awesome.

Darth_Janus
New Republic bias? You mean they concentrate too much on post ROTJ?

kezm
by far and away the best books available

exanda kane
definetly, should be made into a film. only if you can get luke, han and leia looking 20 years younger . . .

star22
I love Zhan's Trilogy. I am a huge Zhan fan. I have a lot of his other books. His Cobra trilogy is excellent too.

Mara is great as is Thrawn. Garm Bel Iblis is cool too.

Yes, it would be cool if these were made into movies.

RogueGambitdare
I read them. And I won't ever do it again. Boring... way too much detail.

star22
Boring? Wow, I'm shocked. I found them very fast moving despite the amazing discription.

exanda kane
Rogue, that's quite a silly comment. Go and watch triple X!

Delta 62
The Thrawn trilogy was brilliant. Zahn introduced some incredible characters.. Thrawn, Mara, Karrde, Bel Iblis, the Noghri. In my opinion NO ONE has compared to Thrawn.

I've read this trilogy probably..12 times. Maybe even 15.

§pearhead
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
New Republic bias? You mean they concentrate too much on post ROTJ?

No, the authors favor the Rebellion way too much. To the point of absolute absurdity...it bugs me.

Darth_Janus
I can imagine that. Meh.

exanda kane
Thrawn is one of the best characters in the whole SW galaxy. If only he could be in one of the films . . .

I wonder (If he was, or will be) could play him andthe other char's in Thrawn trilogy!

star22
Zhan had less of a NR bias than many of the other authors. He showed the Imperials a lot, and Thrawn was awesome.

Reborn Again
They are simply called "The Heir to the Empire Trilogy" which introduced Luuke, Luke Skywalker's clone, the very first Dark Lord of the Sith 1000 yrs ago, and Leia and Han's twin kids.

Doctor Strange
Quite simply put, the best Star Wars books are Timothy Zahn's. PERIOD.

star22
The first lord of the sith? I don't remember that part. Who was that?

Grd Adm. Thrawn
I think Thrawn should have won

star22
Of course you do. I like Thrawn a lot, but he was not going to win. The Empire was never going to win.

exanda kane
I actaully wanted him to win, he's so a clever chappy . . .

star22
I know. Sometimes I want bad characters to win. Thrawn was clever, honorable, and just great.

Grd Adm. Thrawn
I agree I mean the Villians Have to think of a plan to defeat the good guys and all they have to do is defeat the bad guys It's not fair.

For once I would like to see the bad guys win permanently not just once but ultimatly

Jedi7115
I agree Zahns books were by far the best put out. Even better than the 3 original books SWANH,SWESB, & SWROTJ.

Grd Adm. Thrawn
Good to see some is one my side in this matter

Gen. Grevious
Hey thrawn dog,which series are these?

Grd Adm. Thrawn
The thrawn trilogy

Gen. Grevious
Oh thankyou

star22
These are definately the best series. Sidious does win for a while. The Vong do win for a while. It does happen.

exanda kane
Thrawn Trilogy is definetly the best, havent read the OT novels but I can see your logic.

What is Dark Empire about, is it worth getting?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.