vader suit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shoodowopwop
How is vader able to "hunt down and kille the jedi" in that suit of his. we have seen in the ot how incredibly slow he is and he seems to have no movement or prowess with a lightsaber. it seems to me that some kid with a lightsaber could stick it in his oxygen tank or somehting

Lazerlike42
in ROTS he seems to do it mostly before he is confined to the suit

Jedi Priestess
No actually the Jedi purge takes 3 months.

Lazerlike42
I have no doubt that's true but what's the source just out my own uneducated curiosity?

And if that's the case.... he's got millions of stormtroopers at his side, bounty hunters all over the place, and if I remember correctly he seems to do a decent job fighting Obi-wan with the suit and Luke twice, not to mention killing the (admittedly decrepid lol) emperor.

shoodowopwop
decent job wth obi wan and luke? did u see the pace of those battles?

Lazerlike42
I don't think they were that slow.... the one in empire is pretty decent speed. Sure it's no duel of the fates but then again remember that was made 20 years after the original when GL and the bunch wanted to make something more action packed.

Jedi Priestess
Source is from the OS I believe and there is actually an EU book coming out later this fall called Dark Lord that covers this very topic. smile

shoodowopwop
i kno i kno im just reluctant to admit that the chosen one has less abilities than say darth maul when it comes to deuling becuse in my opinion, darth maul v obi was the best duel yet

forumcrew
Originally posted by shoodowopwop
How is vader able to "hunt down and kille the jedi" in that suit of his. we have seen in the ot how incredibly slow he is and he seems to have no movement or prowess with a lightsaber. it seems to me that some kid with a lightsaber could stick it in his oxygen tank or somehting

he was so much older in the OT plus im sure his condition just got worse and worse

Jedi Priestess
Hmmmm so are you the guy from mf.com that has that av or did you steal his?

Torik_Shai
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Source is from the OS I believe and there is actually an EU book coming out later this fall called Dark Lord that covers this very topic. smile

I thought you didn't like EU, JP.

Jedi Priestess
I dont dear, just the movie novelizations and the books right before and after. smile

AND that doesnt make these things canon either I might add. wink

Lazerlike42
hmmmm.... I am just getting into the "reading to much into things" area, but.... Vader is very bulky in OT. Seeing as Hayden wears the Vader costume in ROTS, he is much slimmer. Perhaps he is more agile before he bulks up, though being a machine it is curious how he'd do this.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jedi Priestess
Dont EVEN start the bloody "Hayden" argument. We've all been there and done that a hundred times over.

shoodowopwop
yea i guess with the absence of a real jedi threat vader decided he could stock up on some extra burgers

Lazerlike42
Originally posted by shoodowopwop
yea i guess with the absence of a real jedi threat vader decided he could stock up on some extra burgers

lol... I believe there is currently a discussion over whether Vader eats in the "does anakin burn his tadger thread" laughing out loud

shoodowopwop
yea i saw that. i firmly believe he did burn his tadger and can not eat
that thread was funny as crap

Torik_Shai
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
I dont dear, just the movie novelizations and the books right before and after. smile

AND that doesnt make these things canon either I might add. wink

Fair enough. big grin

I AM JEDI
he did look rather slow in the movies filmed in the 70s one he was old too back in the 70s the training they made the actors do to battle with a lightsaber was very simple. But now that they spend about 3-4 months on battle training i think he will have no problem i think we still think of him fighting it out with luke. and how choppy and slow those moves were.

ayjay
he's slow because he concentrates on precision, rather than speed, and doesnt need to expend that much energy ^__^.....well..that's my lame excuse wink

Captain REX
I support that. True experts don't need to waste their time with the flashy moves. What's easier, killing with single fast jabs or killing with tons of spins and slashes?

J-Unit
We can wait and see what the tv series will do about it....Vader Will Continue Slaughter Jedi's Then

Batman316
have to be careful not to over use Vader though.... it would be a shame to turn him into a TV Villian

kiadimundijedi
Its said we will se a view from the inside of Lord Vaders mask, what ever that means

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.