Not Mace Windu!!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shoodowopwop
why why why does mace have to die by falling out a window. i tohught he desered an honorable death, not a shove by a 60 year old man

Lazerlike42
Maybe not the real reason, but in my opinion, because he exemplifies what is wrong with the Jedi and what leads to their downfall. I talked about this in the Ode to Qui-Gon thread.... He is basically very agressive, and not in tune with the force. He is more a politician than a Jedi, as are too many of the Jedi, or at least in some ways. His being the first Jedi to go (more or less) certainly is a wonderful symbol of this, because he is probably the worst offender when it comes to this sort of thing.

thejeditraitor
where's dumki when you need him?

DenKi
OMGOMGOMG!!!!!1111oneoneoneseven

HE DIES BY THE SWORD GET IT RIGHT.

Mist
omgomgomg....no he doesnt...you havent seen the movie....only game cinematics...get it right.

Jedi Priestess
OK shoodowopwop, theres being new and not knowing better, and then there is this type of crap. Knock it off. mad

Gollum1956
The only reason Mace Windu duels Anakin in the game is for a fun duel as too make the player have more action.

HateWork
he's an expendable character and has been since the moment he was introduced.

but seriously, try to come up with a better way for him to go. if he takes it from a saber, thats too predictable and as 'the second strongest' jedi, pretty lame.

plus I think its a nice mirror between the OT & PT. anakin watched as Mace fell, covered in lightning & that was more or less, his turn to the dark side. then anakin was the one who finished the emperor, who fell, covered in lightning and that was anakins turn back to the light.

SithLord24
Originally posted by Mist
omgomgomg....no he doesnt...you havent seen the movie....only game cinematics...get it right.

ya he does die by the sword, the game cinematics is actual photage from the movie.

Grand Moff Gav
windu could die plo koon even rune hakko but not nute gunray he's been throgh so much why did he die

SithKiller
Since they from what i hear just show him falling not his actual "death" I think it was left open for some novelist to make a few bucks by writing a book in bewtween 3rd and 4th episodes showing maces return and demise again...lol....probably tries to take on an apprentice in hopes of defeating the sith since he cant do it himself all crippled up what not and then he tries to teach em vapaad and they become a fallen jedi dark jedi what ever....then stick it to mace for an even less honorable death...lol....yes yes yes MACE DIES AGAIN! oh yeah also I think Obi or Yoda shoulda went back and graverobbed that amethyst lightsaber!! That was the coolest saber I thought...Maybe in this future book I mentioned Maces apprentice will have it....and use that one to stick it to mace....lol

Batman316
hmm...... is Samual L Jackson too big a star to be in the TV series? I'm pretty sure he would love to do it... Mace and that Twilek chick. How cool would that be

Grand Moff Gav
she died

Batman316
um.... nope... well maybe.....

there's a thread about her somewhere. She mentioned GL had spoken to her about doing the TV series.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=338281&highlight=Aayla+Secura

Grand Moff Gav
here sh eis for those who are confusedhttp://www.planetquake.com/polycount/info/jk2/aayla/aaylascreenshot.jpg

Grand Moff Gav
lots of twellick jedi but no men

macgeek2005
Mace is a special jedi. He had to die in a speical way. Would you like him to have gotten killed in Order Sixty-Six? Would you like him to have been killed by clone troopers in the Jedi Temple?

His death is as odd as his life. He is an extremely cool jedi though.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by SithLord24
ya he does die by the sword, the game cinematics is actual photage from the movie.

What message boards have you been going to before this?

Mace doesn't die by the sword. That's ONLY for the game.

Darth Subjekt
But Lance, er uh...Ken......you forget that he was THERE and he's the one who told GL to put movie scence in the game....god, where have YOU been? Didnt you know that Sithlord24 and Denki helped write, produce, direct and star in ROTS? Jeesh, they also created the game, so what they say goes.

Ken Kenobi
Oh sorry. embarrasment

vader519
For the last time, Mace does not die by the lightsaber, he is thrown out the window by force lighting from Palpatine. If you don't believe us, read the book, read the comic book, and watch the movie. He falls to his death.

kezm
yep falls just read book

Batman316
ok he falls but do we see him go splat on the pavement? or his corpse afterwards?

TheAnimal
actually anakin stabs mace in the torso and palpatine force pushes mace out the window

Echuu
Originally posted by TheAnimal
actually anakin stabs mace in the torso and palpatine force pushes mace out the window

Uh, no; he chops off his hand, no stabbing in the torso.

Altar[1stONE]
When anakin goes "NOOO!!" swing of the saber, mace arm fly s off. palpatine rises from his feet and shoots him out the window, really far into the abyss of coruscant.

Lazerlike42
I just can't see Mace actually dying that way. The guy is one of the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy. He can't use his reflexes to grab onto something on the way down, or use the force to draw something to himself to grab or to make someone fly under him or something?

Batman316
if we don't see him hitting the pavement then it will be very easy to write him into surviving (to be killed at a later date in the TV series)

Mist
i dont think anyone would survive a fall like that....

SithKiller
force cushion...lol

ShadowKing
On one of the threads with behind the scenes footage, there is green screen footage of Samuel L. Jackson being wire pulled up and out of the window with a look of pain and fear...

If this were like the Clone Wars series, he would hitch a ride on one of the many passing air ships going by...

I assume GL's version is he's thrown from a great height with nothing to latch onto and splat's along the deep caverns of Coruscant

too sad

DARTH DADDY
I'm still a little confused. Did we not see Mace jump, fall, from a very high peak in AOTC, and land perfectly well. We have also seen other Jedi jump down very large depths and be OK. What makes us think that Mace or any other Jedi, could not survive a fall like this. The only explanation is he is out of commission before he is sent out the window. I don't know about hands being cut off or being run through with a saber, but something else has to happen to him before him going out the window. That is the only way to explain his death IMHO.

Grand Moff Gav
he was just electrocted maby he was slightly stunned

chilled monkey
Maybe he doesn't die. Maybe he goes into hiding, organises a few other Jedi together and they escape.

SPOILERS

Supposedly, Yoda gets blasted out of a window too. He survives.

But look at it this way. Mace kicked Sidious' arse. Anakin's treachery is the only reason the Sith prevailed. Sounds like a pretty good send-off to me.

Lord S
I just want to know...does he yell out "mother****er" at any time in the movie?

I would pay double just to see that. laughing out loud

TheAnimal
well if this is true then he dies like a b*tch.it wouldve been kool if anakin fought mace for 10 seconds and stabing him. being thrown out of a window is stupid if you ask me

Lord S
Originally posted by TheAnimal
well if this is true then he dies like a b*tch.it wouldve been kool if anakin fought mace for 10 seconds and stabing him. being thrown out of a window is stupid if you ask me Plunging to your death has always been the standard and traditional Hollywood way for a villain to go out with a bang.

Look at:

TPM
Die Hard
GoldenEye
TMNT (first one)

Just to name a few...

Never heard of a hero dying that way.

Mandos
Some points must be considered here.
1. Mace is not the most powerful JEDI
2. Anakin cuts his arm holdin gthe sword, and doesn't stab him.
3. The lightning killed him before he even reached the floor, which he would probably have survived if he wasn't dead before.

Any other question, shoot them, I have read all the script.

kiadimundijedi
Come on guys, the movie is not out yet... and the book and video game might not be play by play to the movie... well see how mace dies on may 19th

yodafan
MAYBE mace jumps on a ship like Anikin did in AOTC. Then goes into hiding or gets hunted down and killed by vader later on.

Mist
maybe he dieseek! there wouldnt be all this talk of SMJ talking about his cool DEATH scene if mace survived.

yodafan
But hes so cool, he can't die!!!! no

Wouldn't it be cool if palps pushes him out the window, then looks over the edge and you cant even see the bottom through the fog. He snarls and decides he must have died. Then you see Mace laying unconscious on a ship flying around.

DenKi
Yeah somthing like that or he looks down and hes not even there

Mandos
It says in the movie script that he does die. With the letters D, I and E

DenKi
yeah we know, read the thread please.

Mandos
Do you?

Grand Moff Gav
perhaps he will land on Jar Jar squishing him

Ultimatespider
Heres What happens to my understanding (Source: The Novel and rumours)

Mace and the Jedi council move to aresst palpitine of the charges of being a sith lord! Palpitine attacks leaving only Mace and Kit Fisto standing then he decapitates Fisto leaving only Mace standing. What follows is a duel between Sith Lord and Jedi Master after some impressive swordplay Palpitines eyes beome yellow . his face diterierates! Anikain comes in and studies the chaos in disbelief Mace vows to kill the sith lord. But anikain ( Who belives palpitine holds the keys to saving padme) Cuts off his hand and a blast of force lighting from Sidious sends him hurtling out the window ByE

Grand Moff Gav
that failed

Mandos
Originally posted by Grand Moff Gav
perhaps he will land on Jar Jar squishing him

I wish. JarJar must die.

keYa
Die electrocuted ? How is it possible , Luke survives to Palp's attack , why not Windu ? Anakin survives to the lightning attack of the count dooku even if his arm is cut ...
But it's the shock of the lightning which make him not able to use the force ... Yes it's a bad death , but it's to show how even one the most stronger jedi can die in this conflict and to show how anakin falls into the dark side , it's a tragic moment , cause anakin wouldn't be here , the war could be over ...

yodafan
Originally posted by keYa
Die electrocuted ? How is it possible , Luke survives to Palp's attack , why not Windu ? Anakin survives to the lightning attack of the count dooku even if his arm is cut ...
But it's the shock of the lightning which make him not able to use the force ... Yes it's a bad death , but it's to show how even one the most stronger jedi can die in this conflict and to show how anakin falls into the dark side , it's a tragic moment , cause anakin wouldn't be here , the war could be over ...

The lightning didn't kill him, it pushed him out a window. From what Ive heard anyway...

Unknown Jedi
He first got a had cut off by Anakin and then the sith used the force followed by electricity to push windu off a windo.

CobraKaiDojo
I knew Anakin's turn to the darkside would involve a Jedi taking a fall even before the script was written. This is the only way it could have happened. Lucas is writing a paralell play.

In ROTJ, the Emperor had Luke down with force lightning begging for Anakin's help. He had a choice to make, and it was for Luke, so he threw the Emperor down the long fall into the pit of the Death Star.

In ROTS, it will be the same thing, except Anakin's choice will be to send Windu down his proverbial "pit." It makes that single moment in "Jedi" all the more relevant. He finds himself pit in the exact same scenario as he did all those years ago, except this time he makes the right choice. His redemption is alot more clear.

yodafan
Hmm interesting point...

Grand Moff Gav
Originally posted by keYa

perhaps when the emperor was zapping luke he wanted vader to know who was boss and find out if vader was fully behind him or not,although that doesnt make much sence because he would have been on his guard..and luke had an electonic arm so how did he survive requires meditation this does.

thejeditraitor
sidious uses the lightning to thrust mace out th window and then mace falls far.

he's dead.

Grand Moff Gav
perhaps

Batman316
Originally posted by Ultimatespider
Heres What happens to my understanding (Source: The Novel and rumours)

Mace and the Jedi council move to aresst palpitine of the charges of being a sith lord! Palpitine attacks leaving only Mace and Kit Fisto standing then he decapitates Fisto leaving only Mace standing. What follows is a duel between Sith Lord and Jedi Master after some impressive swordplay Palpitines eyes beome yellow . his face diterierates! Anikain comes in and studies the chaos in disbelief Mace vows to kill the sith lord. But anikain ( Who belives palpitine holds the keys to saving padme) Cuts off his hand and a blast of force lighting from Sidious sends him hurtling out the window ByE

There is no body....

The whole point is that it would be very easy to write him into a television series. To come up with a plausable (remembering it's Star Wars) way for a Jedi Master to have saved himself. He made that huge fall in AOTC so we know he can control his descent. Or atleast enough to grab a hand on a passing speeder.

Grand Moff Gav
IT DOENT MATTER IF YOUR BLACK OR WHITE..............

sorry i dont know what brought that on anyhooo mace dies but do we know that GL could change his mind and bring him back in the EU

yodafan
BRING BACK MACE! BRING BACK MACE!

Unless there is a body, I say Windu may have lived.

keYa
Originally posted by Grand Moff Gav
IT DOENT MATTER IF YOUR BLACK OR WHITE..............

sorry i dont know what brought that on anyhooo mace dies but do we know that GL could change his mind and bring him back in the EU

GL is able to do that , he could do anything to get more money for him , I thinks that the history could have been better if he've wrote it during the first trilogy , whatever... sad

star22
I like Mace, but he isn't my favorite. I'm glad that Palpatine was the one to kill him, though.

sneeky_ninja
im soo glade mace will die, there is just something about him i dont like.......oh i know why cause he beheaded on of the coolest starwars characters.

yodafan
Jango was just a bounty hunter, whats so cool about him? He got owned by a Jedi, Mace didn't even try hard.

sneeky_ninja
cause he wasnt just any bounty hunter he was a mandolorian and he killed quite a few jedi in his day. read the graphic novel jango fett: Open seasons.

DaRtH_mCnAztY
A day will come when the age of making movies dies.

A day will come when no director has the courage to produce a film anymore.

A day will come when every single director on earth, will give up his/her work in helpless grief, overwhelmed by the greatest movie on earth.

That day......... is May 19 2005

I LOVE THAT!

sneeky_ninja
what does that have to do with mace windu

DaRtH_mCnAztY
BY THE WAY JANGO WAS NAZTY AND WOULD HAVE MESSED UP WINDU IF HIS JET PACK WASN'T BROKEN

DaRtH_mCnAztY
I DONT NO IM JUST GLAD HE DIES........INFACT I WISH DARTH MAUL KILLED WINDU AND IT ONLY MAKES SENCE THAT WINDU FALLS OUT A WINDOW

astrofan428
Holy Caps Lock Batman!!!

It just doesnt make any "sence"

Lord Vader Xjgo
Anakin... kills... Mace Windu...

Unless you can explain the cutscene that is actual footage from Episode III, the clip of Anakin in the Chancellor's office (lightsaber on), yelling "NOO!", or all the pictures and clips showing Mace preparing to kill Palpatine, then I stand by my theory.

This is what happens:

1. Jedi go in the office to arrest Palpatine
2. Palpatine attacks them with his lightsaber
3. The other three Jedi with Mace are killed somehow
4. Palpatine fakes being tired, stunned, or losing his lightsaber (something like that).
5. Mace Windu prepares to kill him
6. Anakin senses it, runs in, fights Mace
7. Anakin cuts Mace and he is now vulnerable, so he kicks him out the window
8. Anakin is angry, he's on the Dark Side, and is officially Darth Vader.

Sounds like the kind of trap/trick Sidious would pull off.

Lazerlike42
Why is everyone so desperate for Mace to survive?

Mist
Originally posted by Lord Vader Xjgo

palps does.... cool

star22
Yes. Anakin cuts of his hand with his saber and then Palpatine throws him out the window with his lightning.

Batman316
Originally posted by Lazerlike42
Why is everyone so desperate for Mace to survive?

To be honest I never really liked him. My only point was that without a body there is no 'guarentee' that he actually dies.

Mandos
Originally posted by Batman316
To be honest I never really liked him. My only point was that without a body there is no 'guarentee' that he actually dies.

YES there is. It says the word DIE in the script. mad

Plus at the end of all star wars, when the dark side is no more, we can see Mace Windu with Anakin, Obi-Wan and Yoda with Gi-Cong( all spirits who have come back to see the new age of the JEDI)

Mist
youve never really watched star wars, have you? stick out tongue

Mandos
The end of star Wars = the end of the expanded universe.

Grand Moff Gav
Originally posted by Lord Vader Xjgo
Anakin... kills... Mace Windu...

Unless you can explain the cutscene that is actual footage from Episode III, the clip of Anakin in the Chancellor's office (lightsaber on), yelling "NOO!", or all the pictures and clips showing Mace preparing to kill Palpatine, then I stand by my theory.

This is what happens:

1. Jedi go in the office to arrest Palpatine
2. Palpatine attacks them with his lightsaber
3. The other three Jedi with Mace are killed somehow
4. Palpatine fakes being tired, stunned, or losing his lightsaber (something like that).
5. Mace Windu prepares to kill him
6. Anakin senses it, runs in, fights Mace
8. Anakin is angry, he's on the Dark Side, and is officially Darth Vader.

Sounds like the kind of trap/trick Sidious would pull off.

worst member ever!!!!!!!!!!! Anikan doesnt kick him out the window you fool laughing

Lazerlike42
Originally posted by Mandos

has this occured in any material???

Grand Moff Gav
the EU will grow stronger we will unite and crush americia opps wrong EU sorry

smoker4

Er no, the EU stuff will go on for ages, there is more to write about now, also the t.v stuff will add fuel to this as well smokin'

Grand Moff Gav
i heard that there will be lots of after ROTS stories

Mandos
SuperShadow told me.

Grand Moff Gav
supershadow ha he's a good source of info

yodafan
OK don't turn this into a SS thread, we have at least 4 of those already. But yeah the EU will have to talk about how Vader hunted down all the Jedi and killed them after EP3. I mean most but not all died in ROTS. Wait what was this thread about...

Grand Moff Gav
dont worry ill save it

Mace is a cool guy but his death is instruumental and well deserved

yodafan
What?! Devserved? What did he do besides kill a bounty hunter?

Grand Moff Gav
he provoked anikan for so long

BrianWilsonJedi
SuperShadow told me.

Thats to funny. are you for real, or are you kidding ? Please say kidding.

Mandos
Originally posted by BrianWilsonJedi
Thats to funny. are you for real, or are you kidding ? Please say kidding.
I'm sorry, it was too tempting roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarthLazious
Its only a movie you guys.

keYa
supershdows' bullshits aren't good for newbies of the Universe of SW like you

Grand Moff Gav
that was a bit harsh

Ben-Kenobi
OMG Supershadow is a complete retard, the man never leaves his basement.

Grand Moff Gav
ehhhhhhhh living in a baesment

Gollum1956
Supershadow has been proved too be fake i would laugh my ass off if he gets sued by Lucasarts.

*-=Fat sacK=-*
how dose Mace die

Grand Moff Gav
anikan cuts off his hand and palpy uses force lightning to blast him out the window

obi one kenobi
i thought papls killed windu with a saber

Ultimatespider
Originally posted by Batman316
There is no body....

The whole point is that it would be very easy to write him into a television series. To come up with a plausable (remembering it's Star Wars) way for a Jedi Master to have saved himself. He made that huge fall in AOTC so we know he can control his descent. Or atleast enough to grab a hand on a passing speeder.

Sorry i menat out the window into oncomming traffic. Plus hes barbacued and weakend by the lighting he wouldnt have the stregth to save himself!!!!

Kenpokarate 2
Originally posted by sneeky_ninja
im soo glade mace will die, there is just something about him i dont like.......oh i know why cause he beheaded on of the coolest starwars characters.

Hmmm ... Lets see ... Lightsabre in hand, bounty hunter shooting at me? What do I do oh what do I do? Oh! I kill the mother ****** who is shooting at me. No one made Jango Fett fly down there to take on Mace Windu. Jango got cocky and got what he deserved. Nuff said ...

Ultimatespider
Plus Jango was horribably dun in ep II and his son gose on 2 b eaten alive by a Big Pit Deweling creture!!! WHO CARES ABOUT THE FETTS?!!

Grand Moff Gav
Originally posted by Ultimatespider
Plus Jango was horribably dun in ep II and his son gose on 2 b eaten alive by a Big Pit Deweling creture!!! WHO CARES ABOUT THE FETTS?!!

not trying to be smart but Boba survived that encouter and went on to fight the Yuzahn Vong

Originally posted by obi one kenobi
i thought papls killed windu with a saber

well now you know how

yodafan
Yeah Fett lived and eventualy even sided with the Jedi for a while during the Vong wars.

Grand Moff Gav
good for him

Ugly Jim
o mace windu is definitely alive. he probably was still falling by the end of return of the jedi.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.