ghost rider vs venom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

black wolverine
who wins discuss

BENITO
Ghost rider venoms too physical

Darth Trinew
ghost rider...um this is way too obvious

jinzin
obviously....it's not....physically venom schooled ghostrider...and ghostrider can't use the penance stare on venom or he'll knock himself out....aside from that GR's hellfire doesn't burn venom...it just pains him and pisses him off to boot..... venom physically manhandled ghostrider in their first fight...I think that given his upgrades since then venoms way to versitile agile and lethile (opps sorry lethal, or strong) for GR to take on in a straight up fight......it would just be venom pounding away on GR till the cows came home....BUT....if venom doesn't suceed in knocking GR out while he has the chance...(and he better pray he does) GR can just wait for eddie to tire out and then well......kill him.....so it goes to venom if he can KO gr .....if he can't.....he'll die by default....

long pig
Venom isn't effected mentally by hellfire or the penance stare? why not?

jinzin
the symbiote......it never really explained but the symbiote did something weird to the stare and it caused a psychic backlash that rendered GR unconsious...... he blasted venom with hell fire and venom claimed that it didn't burn but it hurt...the made fun of GR for his troubles.... my theory is because the symbiote doesn't have a sould and acted as a human (i mean symbotic) sheild for eddie that rendered GR's weapons useless....

MERCILOUS
Well it seems like Venom would win but it seems like crap to me. Now symbiotes are immune to magic? Who's next on their list Strange?

jinzin
lol.....well his powers are mystical in origin...but I think mystic and magic are different all together....

MERCILOUS
I use the terms interchangeably, I really don't understand what the difference is and honestly don't beleive there is one. Is hellfire mystic or magic? Does it matter?

Wickerman
What Dr. Strange does = Magic

The power of Cytorrak that powers the Juggernaut = Mystical

~wickerman~

MERCILOUS
You mean like when doctor strange uses the bands of cytorak?

long pig

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by long pig
It's the same damned thing.

Thank you.

Maestro
Its because the symbiote doesnt have a soul.

MERCILOUS
Yeah I guess that's one explanation. But that wouldn't stop GR's chain.

long pig
The only difference i really can find is that mystical CAN mean "godly forces" or from a deity, while magic CAN mean "unnatural" but seriously, they are totally interchangable.

jinzin
yeah...... i figure mystical has to do more with spiritual and godly aspects while magic is just an alternation of reality....

Wickerman
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
You mean like when doctor strange uses the bands of cytorak?

Yes. he's being mystagic. Seriously, i thought i knew but have been proven an idiot.

~wickerman~

black wolverine
to much mystical and magic shiznit its confusing me any way i think venom wins just cause i saw him win in my comic

MERCILOUS
What would happen if GR just up and stabbed venom in the brain with his chain.

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by jinzin
yeah...... i figure mystical has to do more with spiritual and godly aspects while magic is just an alternation of reality....

According to doctor strange all magic is "borrowed." It all comes from some "mystical" force. Very often some god. Constantine would agree.

jinzin
i don't know then....... confused

MERCILOUS
I've been chewed out several times for using one word in place of the other.

Anyway, I don't see how any living organism, soul or not, can just ignore magical effects. Especially ones like unextinguishable hellfire.

jinzin
hmmmm....he's badass

Next Venom_girl
EDIT

Next Venom_girl
EDIT

Next Venom_girl
I found this pic of Venom vs. Ghostrider (or maybe Vengeance? meh, something like that):

MERCILOUS
i have that comic and totally forgot about it. I think it's spirits of vengeance #5. But both blaze and GR were hunting him. Either way, he sure as hell wasn't immune to Hellfire.

long pig
Is that Blaze or Nomad?
Nomad is so bad ass.

Anyways, I would understand GR penance stare not working, Venom is insane, and he actually tries to do good deeds.....the stare wouldn't work on him.
But the damn hellfire should'a rocked his ass.

GR would win over time, you can't kill him or hurt him, and he's got that rad hook. Plus hes the freaking vengance of god....that's gotta count for something.

MERCILOUS
It's Blaze, and every time he used his shot gun, Venom went running like mad.

Have ya'll ever seen the cover to that book? I swear it's the sweatest Venom pic ever.

jinzin
but what about the actual fight? he took out GR first and then took it to blaze.......

MERCILOUS
Which fight?

jinzin
the one from that story arch.....i might post pics a lil later...I'm just too lazy right now...

MERCILOUS
Yeah, GR looked like a chump, although I theorize it was just to make Venom not look like a chump (but your point still stands.) But what damage did Venom do? Anything GR just couldn't get up from? I noticed that while I was reading that story (and go ahead and correct me if i'm wrong) That Venom never attacked Blaze. Very interesting don't you think? Way I figure it was cause GR could take anything he could dish out, while Blaze obviously couldn't. Isn't just a matter of time till GR gets the best of him? Especially if we're assumming that Hellfire can actually hurt Venom.

jinzin
it can hurt him....but it's not like fire can hurt him....it isn't quite as disabling for venom.

MERCILOUS
What, he's not week to that anymore?

jinzin
well he wasn't in that comic to begin with...but since you asked....no he's not....he's got a strength upgrade....and is now more immune to his weaknesses than before...

MERCILOUS
I still don't know that he can actually hurt GR.

jinzin
he most likely can't but since GR can't take him down via penance stare... he's limited to chain shards that won't work, h2h where he's outclasses, and hell fire which only puts minimal damage on the vman.... Like I said before....he'll just have to keep reforming until eddie gets tired and drops from exhaustion before he can declare victory.

MERCILOUS
I can see everything you say except the part about the chain. Only because it's magically enhanced. Plus, have you seen some of the cool things he's done with that chain, It just might be my favorite comic weapon ever.

jinzin
well the chain is hella cool.....but it couldn't even take down a pathetic zombie...I think venom sybiote is more than sufficient for protecting him.

MERCILOUS
Man that's screwed up, especially when he's used it to take down were wolves and hurt some pretty powerful demons. A zombie? Guess I'm glad I stopped reading when I did.

jinzin
lol...if you stopped reading before the whole seige of darkness debacle...I can't blame you....damn that was a possibly the worse waste of time in my life! even moreso than the spidey vs. trio thread.....ya know.....I almost just skipped the spiderman trio thread because I thought it was a joke....it was so heavily mismatched against him...but when it reached like 40 or 50 pages I had to see who was seriously attempting an argument in spidermans favor.....oy....so much headache...

MERCILOUS
Seige of darkness, yeah, that's about exactly where I stopped. I remember when that trio thread came on though, I went on and agreed with a few guys that it was ludicrous, and I thought that would be the end of it, who would of guessed spider-man has more devoted followers than the freakin' pope?

jinzin
pfffft seige of darkness.....they aren't even in order despite the numbering on the comics.....it's horrible...on top of that they all talk on and on and on about things that the reader has no idea about.....man i hate that story....

yeah....those spidey fans are starting to make wolvie fans look good by comparison.

long pig
GR is TOAA's homie, that should count for something.

I'm not sure anyone could make the Wolvie fans look bad, they sometimes get re-goddamned-diculous.

I like the guy just as much as anyone, but him fighting people like the Hulk, and actually HURTING Thanos is just.....stupid.

blind faith
cool thread, as far as I know this is Ghost Rider's powers right?

1.He is immun to must forms of conventional injury.

2.Can create some sort of "hellfire" that can harm or traumatize a human soul.

3.Has a tough motorcycle from hell.

Anyway, Ghost Rider has his hellfire which he can use as an advantage to harm Venom but Venom is one helluva guy to catch. And Venom will have a tough time harming GR. Does GR have any weakness? If he has then Venom could pull the win since he is stronger, faster, durable and more agile.

I say Venom 7/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.