How old is Count Dooku?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Ninja
How old is Count Dooku?

LanceWindu
I'd say it's safely in the 50's.

yerssot
nah, older

Ushgarak
I guess 80-ish, like Lee himself.

Darth Ninja
Count Dooku has to be in his 90's to support his stement that he's QGJ's master. QGJ was in 60's in TPM and AOTC is 10 years later. That would put him in his 70's . . . had he lived. Dooku would have to been at least 20 years older than QGJ to be his teacher, which would put him in his 90's. If Count Dooku is in his 90's, he doesn't look like it.

Ushgarak
He doens't HAVE to be 20 years older. We don;t know how much older you have to be.

In any case, are we sure QGJ was in his 60s?

Darth Ninja
Well, I don't think the Jedi council would let 20 year old Dooku teach 13 year old QGJ. laughing out loud

LanceWindu
Why is that?

jedi fernando
count dooku was born around 75BY (before yavin).
but not before 85 by and not after 70 BY

Julie
old enough to be distinguished......

finti
and this info is from?????????????

Darth Ninja
So Dooku IS younger than Qui-Gon Jinn . . . laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Hmm, I don't think Fernando is exactly spot on on that... I'm sure you didn't MEAN to say that Dooku is in his 50s in AOTC, did you?

Emperor Helmet
He's in his mid to late 70's.

Captain REX
He's more likely to be in his late 70s or early 80s in Ep. II. I never believed that Qui-Gon was 60 anyway. It'd say late 40s or early 50s for Qui-Gon in Ep. I.

Ronch_Jedi
Ok, they say he's been training jedi for over 400 years. I know I don't believe it either but someone told me they read that in the ep.1 novel and that he trained Qui-Gon

LanceWindu
It wasn't in the Episode 1 novel. I know this because I have read it.

Ronch_Jedi
I don't know. They something about p.283 towards the beginning of the final lightsaber fight, I think they were talking about the book before ep.1

LanceWindu
Cloak of Deception???

Uh-uh. Not in there either.

Darth Ninja
Okay. We'll assume both statements are true. That means Count Dooku is in at least his late eighties, which would make him in his late twenties as QGJ's master. Dooku's master was Yoda himself. Evidently, Yoda must have also trained QGJ (at least in the lightsaber). Who else (in the movies) has trained Jedi for more than 400 years? It looks like that QJG had two Jedi masters, after all.

Emperor Helmet
Dooku is not in his 80's

Captain REX
Yaddle? Yoda has been training Jedi for over 400 years, and Yaddle is the same species.

jedi212guy
Okay, let's just say that Dooku is as old as Lee, and I think that's 78 in AOTC. I thought I read that Qui-Gon was 60 when he died. That would make Dooku 8 years older than Qui-Gon. So, is it that difficult to believe that Dooku could have been 21 and Qui-Gon 13 when he began being a Padawan. I don't think so. That's not terribly different from OB1, 25, and Anakin, almost 10, at the end of TPM.

Darth Ninja
That's a little odd, but possible. As far as QGJ's other master, I read somewhere that Yaddle is less than four hundered years old. Perhaps, QGJ's first master's identity will always be a mystery, just as his first padawan's identity is.

Emperor Helmet
Qui-Gon wasn't 60 years old. He wasn't even in his 50's

Ronch_Jedi
Okay, maybe I was wrong about my sources.......but it wasn't my fault sad

yerssot
we won't deactivate you wink

jedi212guy
I guess you could always call up George and ask him how old he wanted Qui-gon to be.

yerssot
[email protected]

Darth Ninja
Personally, I don't think Dooku is QGJ's teacher. GL said that everything that Dooku was telling Obi-Wan in that scene was a lie and that Obi-Wan knew it and stated "I don't believe you." Although, I like when Dooku says quietly "I wish he were still alive. I could use his help."

"This bickering is pointless." - Grand Moff Whiluf Tarkin

finti
Obi Wan didnt question if Dooku had been Qui Gon`s master or not. He questioned Dookus story about the Siths.
I am sure Dooku was QGJ master

Ushgarak
Yes, of course he was. That would be such a glaring and pointless lie otherwise.

Alphamale
NO way that QGJ was in his 60's in ESP I , more like mid to late 40's! ANd I say the Count was in his 70's! I for one have been unimpressed with GL attention to detailsl like this. THere are too many other mess ups with peoples age like this: in ESP II we meet Anakins half brother Owen, but wasnt it suppose to be about 10 years later(after ESP 1) that Anakin comes back to Tantoonie? Owen is obviously older than 10 or 11 , he looks the same age as anakin to me?? Also OB1' s age in ESP 4 is much older than he will be if ESP. 3 is suppose to tie into ESP 4?? Because Im going to guess that in ESP 3 OB1 will be about 35 or so, and if we are going to see Luke and Lei as babies in ESP 3 , then Im guessing that Luke is about 18 in ESP 4 ,so it wont work! To me , OB1 looks to be in his 70's in ESP 4 but it will only be about 18 yrs after ESP 3( 35 + 18= 53) no way OB1 is 53 in ESP 4!! Anybody else agree or have other mess ups??

Ushgarak
Nope, I am afraid you have made the mess-up there. Owen IS Anakin's half-brother, in that he is the son of his mother's husband. There is no BLOOD relation between the two. So no need for Owen to be of any age that you point out, he probably IS Anakin's age.

If Obi-Wan was in his mid twenties in TPM, he was in his mid thirties in AOTC, will be not much older in episode III, and hence in his late fifties by A New Hope, very close indeed to Alec Guiness' age as he portrayed him- regardless of how old you thought he looked, he was not!

And QGJ was at least in his 50s in TPM, I believe

finti
I would say Owen is Anakins step brother not half brother, half brothers have one parent in common, father or mother. Owen and Anakin have no father/mother in common.
I agree with Ush on the Obi`s age and I would say Qui gon is very close to the Age Obi has in EPIV. mid 50'`s - late 50`s

Ushgarak
Sorry, yes, you are right about the step-brother thing.

finti
well you more or less got it right though, just wrote half brother. Innocent misstake

Captain REX
Plus there's like about 30 years between III and ANH.

GordonSkywalker
I believe Qui Gon was in his late fourties or early fifties,but no older than that,in THe Phantom Menace. Obi-Wan is supposed to be in his mid-twenties in that film.At least that is according to information included in the Jedi Apprentice series,which featured both in adventures prior to The Phantom Menace.

Member.
Count Dooku is definetly older 20-some years older than Qui-Gon was.

Darth Ninja
GL stated QGJ is in his 60's (far older than Liam Neeson). That would make him in his 70's in AOTC (had he lived). Dooku would have be at least in his eighties (Christopher Lee was 79 at the time) to be old enough to be QGJ's teacher. Also, Obi-Wan does tell Dooku at the end of the conversation, "I don't believe you." In the commentary, GL was stating that Obi-Wan knew that Dooku was lying to him during the whole conversation.

GordonSkywalker
In The Phantom Menace novelisation,there IS a referance near the back of the book(during the final duel between Qui GOn,Obi Wan,and Maul),where it is said Qui Gon was taught lightsaber from an unnamed Jedi Master,who said he (Qui Gon) was the best swordsman he had ever taught. Whether or not,this was supposed to be the Dooku character from Attack of the Clones is debateable.

Ushgarak
No, Obi-Wan knows Dooku is lying about his good intentions. Of course Dooku was not lying about being Qui-Gon's teacher! What a pointless lie that would be! Obi-Wan would have KNOWN it anyway.

Darth Ninja
I can really say about Dooku being (one of) Qui-Gon's teachers is . . . it remains to be seen. Dooku made a claim, now where's some actual proof that he was?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.