Cartridges or disks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkAge
I am probably part of a minority that likes carts better. They aren't as fragile, and don't have any loading times. I have always HATED loading times. What about you, which do you prefer?

SaTsuJiN
discs can also cut tremendously on the load time depending upon the lens reader speed and the motor.. games that take too long to load usually havent optimized their libraries

Draco69
However, cartridges, while lacking the loading times, are largely incompatible with most of the hardware gaming corporations use to make their games. Cartridges usually lack in graphics, sound (enormously; voices are nonexistant) and FMV sequences. Also they are much more costly to use for production.

gls
the cube has cut down on disc loading time..
carts are much too expensive, thus that is why the N64 didn't have much third party support. it jus cost too much to produce the games.

i prefer discs.

Draco69
Wish they would make them scratch-proof though.

WindDancer
I prefer discs. Much more thinner and easy to store.

StinkFist462
cartridges .

knight
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/hot_knight/images.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/hot_knight/bigcountry_banner.jpg

DarkAge
That seemed unnecessary.

Cid
disks are smaller aren't they??

hotsauce6548
Plus, discs can hold a lot more information.

sai12
I just wish that disks wouldn't scratch up as easily. Really irritates me, and I'm one of those people that goes from case to system and back without the disk touching anything else.

Scratch proof our disks!!

Draco69
Agreed. Although believe it or not peanut butter can cure scratchs on CDs. I used to fix my PS1 discs. Never tried them on next-gen console discs though. Try it at your own risk.

sai12
Peanut butter?!

I also heard that flushing your disk in the toilet once would cure scratches. Never tried it, sounded....iffy.

Weird things people try on disks. How do they come up with this stuff? Do they really risk ruining a disk by smearing peanut butter on them and flushing them down toilets?!

Draco69
I tried on a Crash Bandicoot disc. It worked. I didn't care either way if it messed up the disc. It was already beyond repair.

radioboy121
I'm waiting for the disc to start go blue light (was it 40 GB?). Think of the CG they can fit on those suckers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.