Batman versus the Ninja Turles

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkAge
I'm basing this thread on a dream I had (I guess that gives you an insight on what sort of dreams I have). Would Batman overcome the 4 versus 1 disadvantage?

colossus17
dude u should see my psychologist Dr. freedman..he helped me with my multiple personality disorder....

jinzin
i don't think so....one ninja turtle alone would be pretty difficult for batman to overcome...

JRW
i agree with jinzin

BENITO
Originally posted by DarkAge
I'm basing this thread on a dream I had (I guess that gives you an insight on what sort of dreams I have). Would Batman overcome the 4 versus 1 disadvantage?
the turtles could so win

grey fox
The turtles would get their asses kicked what do they know ninjitsu , know what ninjitsu is it's a martial arts one of the hundreds that bats knows , he owns the turtles so bad their nothing more then soup to him

BENITO
Turtles have increased strength they can lift a 8 wheeler truck

illadelph12
I'd take the Turtles. Knowing a style and knowing what any given individual will do using that style are two different things. Bats would have a hard time with Leo or Raph 1 on 1, regardless of whether he knows ninjitsu, he doesn't know Leo's or Raph's use of ninjitsu, they can adapt as well.

4 on 1 I take the Turtles. I don't see what Batman brings that Shredder doesn't.

grey fox
what a crock of shit the shredder is a NINJITSU master and batman has mastered ninjitsu as well as a hundred and something or other martial arts and about the whole strengh thing , like strengh honestly matters a skilled fighter can overcome someone with superior strengh the turtles are killed and their shells sold at auction. http://hollywoodcostumesandparty.com/Batman/6104-Batman.jpg

dawsey28
batman takes this. Batman has fought a group of ninjas before and he has fought a group a fighters who had powers.

batman knows and is a master of EVERY martial arts known to man. As far as Turtles being strong, Bats takes on Bane. And batman has a utility belt full of gadgets. Turtles may give him a good fight but Bats wins in the end.

And that's W/O prep time. With prep time. G'night turtles in no time.

illadelph12
I highly dought that. Just because Batman knows ninjitsu doesn't mean he knows what each Turtle is going to do in a fight. It's not like Bats hasn't lost to someone who had mastered a specific style he already knew. He's lost to Shiva using the style which he knows and has 'mastered'. You fight the individual, not the style. Every practicioner of a martial art still has their own style if they are truly a master. They mold the style to themselves, they aren't a bunch of ninjitsu drones that fight identically, they can adapt.

And I think Shredder would take Batman.

Splinter too.

illadelph12
Oh, and with prep, it's not a guaranteed win for Bats. Donatello is no idiot.

Mainstream
True...but you don't think Batman could be some midget turtles who were trained by a midget rat?

illadelph12
laughing

Their story is a little more involved than that Mainstream.

The Turtles have multiversal Battle Nexus championships under their belts, they are no slouches in combat. They aren't a bunch of pizza eating cartoon characters as people may think.

The comic Turtles are a force to be reckoned with.

Metalmanx
Batman's gadgets might as well be useless to the Turtles. Have you seen the things they can do with their own weapons? It's amazing.

First, Bat's gas bombs and such would have no affect, seeing as the Turtles don't have a nose and can hold their breath for long periods of time. Donatello could bat his batarangs back at him, or just deflect. Hell, even their shells could deflect them. They can instantly pull their heads inside their body, which could be used for either defense or offense. They could ram him, or just dodge some attack. They are masters and specialize in ninjitsu. I know Batman knows over one hundred different martial arts, but when you specialize in one certain art for your whole life, you learn more things than you would if you just mastered it than moved one. They've been using ninjitsu their whole life, they know how to adapt. And Batman could not touch the Turtles at all in a battle using their own weapons. Leo would rule Batman with a sword. Raph would school Bats with his sai. Donnie would outclass Batty with his quarter staff (bo). And Mikey would dominate Batty-boy with his nunchuku.

Plus they have the tutelage of Splinter.

You must remember these important facts.

TMNT wins.

Mainstream
"Alfred, their turtles....teenage mutant ninja turtles..I might have to use the bat gun and bust a cap in thier green a$$es!"

dawsey28
batman doesn't just know all those martial arts. He is a master of each one of them. Every martail art known to man.

Mainstream
and woman and some alien too I might add

radioboy121
In the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle universe, Ninjitsu is a higher technique than displayed in Marvel (except GI Joe universe) or DC where those who primarily use it is often the cannon fodder. Based on their representation, even if Batman can handle one, he should not be able to take all four (at least not without some of his gadgets if he's not quick enough).

Mainstream
or is he?

DarkCrawler
No...

dawsey28
There is a reason why the entire JLA save one or two are scared of batman. They bow down to him like crazy.

DarkCrawler
They voted him out from the JLA one time...

jinzin
no argument there...but that's because bat has had years of prep and experience to know them and their weaknesses.....they SHOULD be scared of him...I would....
but in a no prep time battle the ninja turtles are simply too much....they're not drones as stated before.....they have feats even more amzing than the like of snakeeyes and stormshadow....some of their outwordly opponents make batman look like a girlscout with a fancy belt......Batman has a chance at taking down at least three if he evades them and uses his weapons to the best of his ability but all four.....no way.

seaapple
It's so fake to say that Batman is a master of every single martial art known to mankind. To really learn a martial art you need time, training, and guidance of a master of that art. So how did Batman find a master of every art form to train him, and how does he keep up his practice of all of them? Mestre Pastinha a great master of the martial art capoeira angola said that even in his 70s he was still learning capoeira.

Anyway, knowing a martial art and fighting someone using it are two different things. Knowing a martial art doesn't make someone an infallible perfect fighter. Probably especially not if they dilute their time by practicing "every martial art known to mankind."

jinzin
exactly....but you're talking to comic book fans here...I doubt they'll understand....lol....no offense...but it's true...

radioboy121
Originally posted by seaapple
It's so fake to say that Batman is a master of every single martial art known to mankind. To really learn a martial art you need time, training, and guidance of a master of that art. So how did Batman find a master of every art form to train him, and how does he keep up his practice of all of them? Mestre Pastinha a great master of the martial art capoeira angola said that even in his 70s he was still learning capoeira.

Anyway, knowing a martial art and fighting someone using it are two different things. Knowing a martial art doesn't make someone an infallible perfect fighter. Probably especially not if they dilute their time by practicing "every martial art known to mankind."

Yes, I mentioned this before through another thread. He probably had experience in a number of them, but certainly couldn't have mastered all forms. Regardless, he has never been one to be untouchable. He often comes back from fights with bruises.

Kento
Originally posted by dawsey28
batman takes this. Batman has fought a group of ninjas before and he has fought a group a fighters who had powers.

batman knows and is a master of EVERY martial arts known to man. As far as Turtles being strong, Bats takes on Bane. And batman has a utility belt full of gadgets. Turtles may give him a good fight but Bats wins in the end.

And that's W/O prep time. With prep time. G'night turtles in no time. Turtles have fought groups of Ninja before, and Bane's strength has nothing on the power of a Triceraton or possibly even Leatherhead.

Batman knows 126 martial arts. Never says everyone.

I'm not sure if Shredder (Comic one anyway) could take down Batman but Splinter, and each turtle by themself could do it.

jinzin
the new toon shredder most definitely could.....he can take down the turtles and splinter at the same time....he's hella bad.

Wickerman
no expression I mean.....come on........ all 4 vs. 1 ?
Sure, if he could prep and find some way to immobilize them and take em out one by one......MAYBE.....as has been stated, the NT have each mastered their style of combat. And though Bats may be more diverse it would be anything BUT a fair fight to toss all 4 of em at him.

~wickerman~

dawsey28
Originally posted by Kento

Batman knows 126 martial arts. Never says everyone.

That is straight from JLA Secret Files.

seaapple
How so how many months has put into each of those 126 styles? Certainly not even six months into each. That is unless he practices each for a few minutes each day. Do the JLA Secret Files clarify this point? At least Hawkman has a reasonable explanation for knowing many modes of combat, Batman isn't so long-lived like that!

dawsey28
JLA secret Files says that Batman is a master of every martial art known to man. I don't know about this 126 martial arts.

jinzin
he may have unmentioned or unassumed photographic reflexes like taskmaster only on a farrrrr lower level....this would be my only explination

dawsey28
I won't say that is concrete eveidence, but that it what I went by.

illadelph12
How old is Batman?

Kento
Originally posted by dawsey28
JLA secret Files says that Batman is a master of every martial art known to man. I don't know about this 126 martial arts. And a book about Batman says he knows 126 martial arts.

kgkg
Are we talking about "The Ninja Turtles?"

Batman is in trouble. LMAO

Wickerman
Maybe Batman secretly was transported to the Marvel Universe and went through the Weapon X program and had those 126 martial arts styles implanted within a chip inside his mind O_o dum de duuuum....

~wickerman~

MERCILOUS
I'm pretty sure it's 127, and it doesn't make sense to me but until DC takes it back that's the way it is, It really doesn't sound more unrealistic to me than controlling the weather because you're born with an X-gene.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
I'm pretty sure it's 127, and it doesn't make sense to me but until DC takes it back that's the way it is, It really doesn't sound more unrealistic to me than controlling the weather because you're born with an X-gene.
It depends on how you look at it. "X-gene" is like "comic magic" *jazz fingers*. As long as no one's playing the "he's a hero and a 'normal' human" card, I don't have any gripes with a dude knowing anything and everything and being the perfect human and knowing every martial art and having insane detective skills.

MERCILOUS
I wasn't trying to rag on the "X-gene" I was trying to defend them both. There's all this whining about it, but it's just the damn truth.

seaapple
I think it is not so much about realism but about consistency within the comic book world. I think the Batman character does play the "normal human" card to some degree. This is the first I heard anyone say that he knows every martial art. In the older comics I have seen I don't remember Batman doing fancy monkey style kung-fu or capoeira moves (ok, he knows them but doesn't use them right?) Anyway, I think just a bada** with a vendetta, detective skills, money, devices, and a secret lair is enough.

That's what I was saying about Hawkman, than found a way to make that character's fighting ability consistent with the story world.

I like Moon Knight better. He got beat down by a Vietnmam vet in a black knight costume in Moon Knight #25. An almost regular guy in a mysterious costume getting beat down by another regular guy in a mysterious costume.

Someone mentioned this as being a difference between Marvel and D.C., Marvel tries to have explanations for everything, even if the are hokey comic book explanations. Not necessarily a worse thing about D.C., you just have to suspend disbelief that much more. Star Trek vs. Star Wars.

WindDancer
The ninja turtles are lame. All Batman has to do is toss them a pizza and all four will go bonkers. The only character worth Batman's time is shredder. And yes Batman can beat all the ninja turtles one on one. All 4 would be a challengin task. Besides all 4 of those brainless turtles can say is " Dude, pizza time" Oh the humanity!

brainchild81
They'd kick Batman's A$$ for him together, and most could do it alone. (Not Raph)

brainchild81
I doubt they'd win everytime they fought though. I think most could take him in a 1st encounter

dawsey28
To clear up some confusion. I was going by Morrison era, so things may have changed sinse then. Unless there is only 126 or 127 forms of martial arts.

JLA Secret Files and origins.

BENITO
Originally posted by WindDancer
The ninja turtles are lame. All Batman has to do is toss them a pizza and all four will go bonkers. The only character worth Batman's time is shredder. And yes Batman can beat all the ninja turtles one on one. All 4 would be a challengin task. Besides all 4 of those brainless turtles can say is " Dude, pizza time" Oh the humanity!
only mikey Batman would expect all 4 to chase after then leo slashes Bruce to bits.

OtterVomit
This is silly. I would really like to see how the turtles react to things like sonics, and specifically how their SHELLS react to sonics at certain frequencies.

Metalmanx
Not really like he'd get much of a chance. Not like they really have external ears anyway.

In my personal opinion, any of the turtles could take him. I'm not saying it would be easy, but I think each one of them could do it. Even Mikey.

The feats they perform are always incredible, as are Batman's. But I just think that they have more of an advantage here, being masters of their very own style of ninjitsu. Masters because they've been studying and practicing it their entire lives.

It is humanly impossible for Batman to be a master in 126/127 different martial arts. To become a master takes many many years and constant training of that certain martial art. And you very well could not attempt to practice them all at once. He may "dabble" in all of those martial arts, taking bits and pieces from each and maybe mastering a couple, but there is absolutely no way for him to be able to be a master in all of those.

MERCILOUS
Sorry you're wrong. This isn't real life, you want to talk about how it's impossible for for Bats to know 127 martial arts, then it's impossible for turtles to turn into humanoids because of ooze. If that's the way you wanna argue fine, 1 highly trained human beats the hell out of 4 turtles. I guess he could just use a hammer.

Metalmanx
So now you're going to take my words like that?

Explain to me how he could be a master of that many fighting styles? Even in terms of comic books. There is no way that he would be able to do that, even if one thought only in terms of the comic universe.

And yes, I know that is clearly impossible for the Ninja Turtles to actually exist, but since they are kind of the basis for this vs. match in the first place, I think they deserve to have an excuse in that department.

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by Metalmanx
So now you're going to take my words like that?

Explain to me how he could be a master of that many fighting styles? Even in terms of comic books. There is no way that he would be able to do that, even if one thought only in terms of the comic universe.

And yes, I know that is clearly impossible for the Ninja Turtles to actually exist, but since they are kind of the basis for this vs. match in the first place, I think they deserve to have an excuse in that department.

So you're arguement is that some people have to be realistic while it's ok for others not to be?

I don't know how the hell you master 127 martial arts style, it sounds like crap to me, but this is a COMIC BOOK. Where guys ride around the universe on surf boards, have unlimited strength, cheat death, trick gods, defeat uber-powerful beings.

The turtles get all of there advantages, but Bats doesn't cause it's not realistic. Does that make any sense to you?

jinzin
lol....agreed....but i still think the turtles take him down with minimal loss.

MERCILOUS
I never said anyone would win.

jinzin
oh...my bad...I was too lazy to look back...just read the last few posts or so.

Kento
Originally posted by WindDancer
The ninja turtles are lame. All Batman has to do is toss them a pizza and all four will go bonkers. The only character worth Batman's time is shredder. And yes Batman can beat all the ninja turtles one on one. All 4 would be a challengin task. Besides all 4 of those brainless turtles can say is " Dude, pizza time" Oh the humanity! roll eyes (sarcastic) Yes, the original cartoon really showed how great they can be.

They are not like that in the comic books or the new cartoon, and either from either one of those Batman goes down one on one no way he beats all four at once.

grey fox
new cartoon they kick bats ass

old cartoon they get sold on the black market and turned into ash trays

Nightstick
The Ninja Turtles win. Individualy he would beat them soundly, but Splinter, Shredder, and even Casy Jones have a good chance of pulling off a victory over Batman on their own.

Kento
Casey is going a little to far...He's psycho not much else. He'd be beat by Batman. And it depends on what Shredder on if he could win.

MERCILOUS
Hey. If splinters so bad ass, how come he's always getting kidnapped and stuff? I say bats soundly beats him.

grey fox
whoever said casey can beat batman is on crack I mean .....come on casey is just a guy with a serious temper problem , hell he gets his ass kicked by some of the lower foot , you know the ones that the turtles beat in their tens or hundreds

Kento
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
Hey. If splinters so bad ass, how come he's always getting kidnapped and stuff? I say bats soundly beats him. PIS? I mean he's kicked Shredder's butt before, and he's kicked Bishop's butt before in the cartoon. And Bishop beat all four turtles, Karai, and Hun at once. By all rights even the cartoon version shouldn't be able to be taken but he has been.

BENITO
Originally posted by grey fox
whoever said casey can beat batman is on crack I mean .....come on casey is just a guy with a serious temper problem , hell he gets his ass kicked by some of the lower foot , you know the ones that the turtles beat in their tens or hundreds

yep Casey and Raph could beat Batman but casey couldn't.

Casey is an Ex hockey player who played through injuries originally and then the purple dragons attacked him (ending his career) and then he started seeking revenge

But his new mirage origin kinda sucks

Kento
Originally posted by BENITO
yep Casey and Raph could beat Batman but casey couldn't.

Casey is an Ex hockey player who played through injuries originally and then the purple dragons attacked him (ending his career) and then he started seeking revenge

But his new mirage origin kinda sucks

The first part of that sentence is weird..

And what's his new origin? Or is that his new origin?

Ketchuptome
I say the Ninja turtles would win. If each turtle fought Bats one on one he would most likely win, but in a team Batman is outnumbered, outpowered and outwitted messed

BENITO
Originally posted by Kento
The first part of that sentence is weird..

And what's his new origin? Or is that his new origin?

His new origin is that his fathers shop was burned down when he 6

spidermonkey
bump

diabloman
super shredder knocks out batman

capt it up
blood lusted miky is a very dangerous thing

diabloman
amato yoshi beats batman

Kool-Aid
Ninja Turtles win

I was planning a Turtle respect thread for a while, but I'm to lazy to do it.

superman41082
With prep-time, Bats destroys them. 4 on 1 random fight, he's smart enough to win, but it'd be very difficult. I'll give him 2/10.

illadelph12
If both sides have prep, I'd say draw. Donatello is no slouch.

The Turtles need a respect thread. That old cartoon and the movies do them no justice, and that's what most people base their opinions on. All that "Cowabunga" crap was used to sell lunchboxes in the 80s and 90s. The real Turtles were a satirical interpretation of the Daredevil story (using turtles).

Splinter = Stick.

Do some research.

Kool-Aid
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

Leo dominated Shredder in battle, then cut that foo's head off.

Thats not lame.

spidermonkey
I'd go with bats.

capt it up
if this was the ninja tribunal turtles then batman would lose to any of them horriably

dawsey28
confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.