Who paid for the clone army in episode 2?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

supercybergeek
I mean they spend time explaining sipher diaz or some dude ordering an clone army, but who the hell paid of it? 2ndly don't they need a reciept to pick them up at least. I mean a few days ago they didn't know about the army, not all the sudden yoda goes to pick them up, seems kinda weird.

And the way they threw in the death star at the end of episode 2 was so out of left feild, they didn't spend any time at all explaining it.

Also I think they went a little overboard with the creatures in episode 2, theres just too many of them it gets to be a bit much after a while.

Please comment if you have some answers of opinions about these issues.

thanks

Ushgarak
1. Presumably either Dooku or Sidious funded it

2. It was just an in-reference; it didn't need explaining

3. Well, that's your opinion!

Darth_Janus
I'm surprised such small details like "Who is Sifo-Dyas?" and "Whoa re all the clones in the OT?" are raised when there are better questions to ask; ones whose answers aren't as clean-cut or as boring.

supercybergeek
Well don't you think the purchaser of the clone army is a vital point? And explaining who this diaz character is vital to the development of the plot. Or would you rather have more scenes with jar jar of c3peo?

tpaquin
Originally posted by supercybergeek
Well don't you think the purchaser of the clone army is a vital point? And explaining who this diaz character is vital to the development of the plot. Or would you rather have more scenes with jar jar of c3peo? I googles "diaz", as you said, to figure you who he really is...

http://www.portalgrafologico.com.ar/Firmas/Cameron%20Diaz.jpg
Mystery solved.

Darth_Janus
Well don't you think the purchaser of the clone army is a vital point? And explaining who this diaz character is vital to the development of the plot. Or would you rather have more scenes with jar jar of c3peo?

It's just that Syfo Dias and the Clone Army is a point that's been beaten into the ground. And we are no closer to the truth.

Otaku_Sith
There is this novel the Shattering or something it explains some things about Sifo Dias and why he bought the Clone Army

Otaku_Sith
Not much though...

Darth_Janus
I just bought that novel. Maybe I'll find something interesting...

Otaku_Sith
Well i never finished it i borrowed it from a friend.I can remember it said that on the back and on some of the beginning pages.

Ushgarak

Vital? Errr, no, not even vaguely., Of some curious interest, perhaps. Nowhere near vital.

kanis
alien If you read the star wars jango fett comic you will find out that it was dooku under the name Tyrannus paid jango to do some jobs for him and then to become the basis for the clone army which has a secret code implanted in them for when the time is right.

jedi2187
This guy paid for the Clone army:
http://www.ldv.uni-trier.de/ldvpage/naumann/DAF/USA/bill%20gates.jpg

C'mon, he IS the Dark Side! Who else ships f**ked up software on purpose?

Grand Moff Gav
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
I'm surprised such small details like "Who is Sifo-Dyas?" and "Whoa re all the clones in the OT?" are raised when there are better questions to ask; ones whose answers aren't as clean-cut or as boring.

just so it's known Dooko killed Sifo Dyas

Darth_Janus
But who cares?

supercybergeek
jedi 2187 that pic in return of the jedi brings up a good point. Why with the old anakin look like that when he turns into Darth before he gets that old?

Darth_Janus
You must be confused. The picture is off the original footage of the ending of ROTJ, where the ghosts of Anakin, Yoda, and Obi-Wan are shown watching Luke. The person pictured is Sebastian something or other, the man who played Vader without the helmet (Note that David Prowse was Vader in suit and masked.) I've heard that the new DVD version has Haydensen or what's his face edited in. Personally, I think that's a sin because A) it makes no sense why Anakin would be a young ghost and Obi still old. B) It's disprespecting Sebastian. That was probably his biggest role and that cut and pasted over him. And C) if they do this, they'll eventually start messing with the whole OT.

jedi2187
That's my big gripe with the ROTJ DVD. Why revert to pre-FireSale Anakin? When he was dying on the Death Star, he was no longer Vader and was Anakin again, so when he transcended to the spiritual plane of the Force, he should have retained his present aged features.

Fishy
Thats your big problem?

My big problem is that there are only 1.2 million clones and somehow thats enough to fight a huge galactic war, how the hell will 1.2 million clones be able to conquer destroy, save, or defend the galaxy?

But with the RotJ thing i completly agree, why the hell did they do that. I was really pissed when i saw Episode III style Anakin at the end of ROTJ it just doesn't make any sense

Darth_Janus
Fishy, in answer to your question, the clones are really really fast. They are so fast they're like everywhere at once.

Darth_Janus
Cuz GL said so. Thus it is gospel and truth.

Halleluja.

Grand Moff Gav
I bought the clone army or i will hahaha

Otaku_Sith
Originally posted by kanis
alien If you read the star wars jango fett comic you will find out that it was dooku under the name Tyrannus paid jango to do some jobs for him and then to become the basis for the clone army which has a secret code implanted in them for when the time is right.
You can even see that in the movie.But Tyranus hired Jango to be the original he didn't pay for the army.

SithKiller
Dooku spent part of his family fortune on the clones......cant believe noone figured that out...lol...

Grand Moff Gav
i cant belive noone figured ot who sidious was i mean he covererd half HALF his face

Fishy
Thats because he missed an ear...

Grand Moff Gav
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh the ear

kanis
alien The reason why anakin is like the way he was when he returned as a force ghost because that was the way he was when he first became darth vader in episode three, and the reason why obi wan is still old maybe its because he was getting old when he had mastered it that technique and that's how he wanted to appear. You can say the same thing about yoda then why isn't he younger when he appears if obiwan can do it why can't he.

Grand Moff Gav
errrrrrr wat is this about

kanis
starwars I've just found out from the star wars labrinth of evil book I'm reading that they had found out that the jedi master syifo dias actually did pay for the clone army and obi wan suspects that he did it with dooku who actually is darth tyrannus

kanis
starwars And afterwards he was killed by dooku as dooku's final ascension to the darkside

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.