Is Star Wars racist?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

williamdefalco
Hi gang. First off I don't believe in anything that this website states. I just wanted to present some of the bizarre stuff people come up with, and figured this'll tie into Episode III once people see what happens to Mace Windu. Take a look.

.screamingpickle
.com/members/SW/
detroit_racist_panel_episode_II.htm

Sorry for the funny looking linkage but the website won't allow me to properly post it.

forumcrew
im not reading any of that.. but lets see Mace Windu one of the greatest Jedi's ever and pretty much #2 in command is black not to mention the vast number of blue, green, purple or other colored jedis.. this is the dumbest damn thread ever

mephistodesigns
that article is such complete crap. Jango looks latino so the latino's are pissed? c'mon! he LOOK MAORI BECAUSE HE IS MAORI NOT MEXICAN. God people are so stupid. This is right up there with gay teletubies and Spongebob promoting obesity. Its a f***ing kids movie. Jar-Jar's walk and demeanor were invented by the actor, who happens to be black, so maybe we out to ask him if he feels HIS character is discriminatory. And the whole Jango thing being offensive to Latinos isn't even worth air, obviously the people who came up with that theory need to go back to school and realize that not every "tan" person on film is a dig at them. Retarded article written by people with retarded theories.

Mist
Originally posted by williamdefalco
Hi gang. First off I don't believe in anything that this website states.

embarrasment i thought you meant kmc there for a sec...

NoFate007
I hate people even more now

jaden101
classic...racist against mexicans even though the guys from new zealand...where do they dig these idiots up from?

actually it kind of reminded me of the "lost hope" spoof...mace windu

"he gone to the bleaky blackness of the darkside"

"why is everything gotta be black wit you?...and why am i the only black person on the jedi council?"

Jedi Priestess
no good can come of this I fear... confused

HAROLD
Originally posted by mephistodesigns
that article is such complete crap. Jango looks latino so the latino's are pissed? c'mon! he LOOK MAORI BECAUSE HE IS MAORI NOT MEXICAN. God people are so stupid. This is right up there with gay teletubies and Spongebob promoting obesity. Its a f***ing kids movie. Jar-Jar's walk and demeanor were invented by the actor, who happens to be black, so maybe we out to ask him if he feels HIS character is discriminatory. And the whole Jango thing being offensive to Latinos isn't even worth air, obviously the people who came up with that theory need to go back to school and realize that not every "tan" person on film is a dig at them. Retarded article written by people with retarded theories. Trudat yes

darthvader_fan
Star Wars aint racist. If you think its racist then i think that you......................... o never mind

Alliance
My mother always told me not to eat s**t in the morning....my favoirte is the whole Kamino-"camino" thing. Yes...ha ha ha. It just cracks me up. Vader magically turned "black" when he was bad....oh wait...black has always meant bad since the founding of history. No one cared to mention about the whole "Empire as the Third Reich" thing...

I just love how the whole article goes on about how the clones are a metaphor for mexican immigrants....blah blah blah (they're a frickin army they are supposed to march) and then they mention that oh wait, hes actually Maori and then they continue to blah blah blah.

New best line>>> "Like almost everybody who commented on Lucas, Anderson doubts there's anything malicious going on." But we are still going to write a stupid article that will do nothing but inflame people...even though everyone agrees.

jaden101
*puts on southern accent*

y'all think starwars be racist?

WHY YOU COTTON PICKIN SON' A *****...ITS HIGH TIME WE HAD US A LYNCHIN ROUND THESE PARTS

stick out tongue

darthmaul1
Totally dumb, its a frigin moive, the same thing happened with LOTR, people were saying what is this teaching our kids with white men of the west going agianst the darker skinned men of the east.
Unless you are a racist bastard your kids will not think anything different of the people, they just see it as good and bad, they do not distinguish between the 2, and I have to say neither did I till someone pointed it out
I thought they just look evil or good.

Darth_Vader05
What a stupid thread someone please close!

Bubbapilot
Some people are only happy when they are bringing other people down.

There is always going to be some idiot who will cry racist, womanizer, etc. whenever something is popular. I think I'll start a movement that Star Wars should be banned because it condones satanism.

Lord S
I don't think it's racist...just don't like that Indian and Arab names seem to be reserved only for the most grotesque and bizarre looking beings. Even if they are powerful Jedis.

GCG
We have:

(race) Abyssian
(race) Anx
(race) Aqualish
(race) Barada
(race) Bimm
(race) Bith
(race) Bothan
(race) Chiss
(race) Clawdite
(race) Defel
(race) Dug
(race) Elom
(race) Ewok
(race) Gungan
(race) Human
(race) Hutt
(race) Ishi Tib
(race) Jawa
(race) Kaminoan
(race) Klatoonians
(race) Mon Calamari
(race) Myneyrsh
(race) Neimoidian
(race) Nikto
(race) Noghri
(race) Paonidd
(race) Psadan
(race) Rodian
(race) Saffa
(race) Ssi-Ruuk
(race) Thennqora
(race) Toydarian
(race) Twi'lek
(race) Vaathkree
(race) Vodrans
(race) Wookie
(race) Wraith
(race) Yuuzhan Vong
(race) Yuzzumi
(race) Zanibar

With so many races in Star wars how can it be racist ?

Ben-Kenobi
FREAKING JAWAS I HATE EM IMA START A MASSIVE JAWA HATE GROUP N CALL IT THE JWS JAWA HATERS SOCIETY!

J/k

I swear this is the stupid freaking thread ever star wars raceism pssshhh

jango fatt
cool can i join

Disgusting creatures

New_Born_Pyro
Death to the Jawas! Kill them! Burn them and throw them in a bottomless pit!

Ben-Kenobi
YES YOU CAN JOIN JWS TODAY!

New_Born_Pyro
Join now and get your free blaster or lightsaber: the best way to kill a Jawa! Enjoy!

jango fatt
I want a lightsaber!!!!!

New_Born_Pyro
Here you are, little one.
Now who else wants to join?
Now with a special offer: a free wookie!
No, not Chewie. He's mine!

yodafan
JOIN ME And we can kill the Gungans together! The Anti-Gungan society needs you!

Ben-Kenobi
No thank you their is more jawas than gungans plus the gungans dont go "ooo tini!"

Naredhel
Meh, people are too sensitive. It's probably more racist that the only HUMAN jedis on the council up to ep3 were black haha. Nah, people are too sensitive. They should all shuttup. When people call me a paki, I laugh at them, because I'm not. Sure, I've got Asian blood, but from India not Pakistan. That makes them ignorant and stupid... so I just laugh.

People need to actually think about Political Correctness. I mean what's wrong with saying "people in wheelchairs"? Apparently that's offensive... but it's what they ARE for hell sake. Besides, you can't change someone's mentality. Ask the people who have to deal with this ever-changing lexicon... I can't be bothered with it. People should just cram it, before the whole system backfires.

Ben-Kenobi
"Join The JWA And Kick Jawa Ass!" all JWA i advise you to add that to your signatures lol

DCLXVI
laughing out loud
That's funny....

GCG
One of the Jawas escaped to Eternia and hides under the disguise of Orko !

TheAnimal
i thought the guy who played jango was from new zeland?

anyway. if sw was racist there would be no mace windu.

people just wanna b*tch and moan for the dumbest shit.

Alliance
Originally posted by TheAnimal
i thought the guy who played jango was from new zeland?

anyway. if sw was racist there would be no mace windu.

people just wanna b*tch and moan for the dumbest shit.

he is from New Zeland, but his race is Maori.

imperial troop
see? the guy who made this thread hasnt even posted back yet out of fear. the thing we need least is another person blaming their suckyness on racism. this happens everday, a guy doesnt get what he wants, he says its racist.

hunchy
I love how people nowadays are a: offended so easily or b: find anything to be racist. Star Wars is not racist. George Lucas is not racist. I am not racist. Racism is stupid, but people nowadays tend to find "racism" with anything.

jaden101
maybe this is in bad taste

GCG
Obi-wan did take a cup of Jawa Jus at Dexx's though.......cant be that bad

Captain REX
laughing out loud

This thread is ridiculous. Those people are ridiculous.

Nazis, KKK members, and Sith Lords who run the Galactic Empire are the racist ones, you damned fools!

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by jaden101
maybe this is in bad taste

lol... Nice!

williamdefalco
Actually as I've stated earlier, I don't believe anything that that website promoted about Star Wars being racist. In my opinion Star Wars is 100% non-racist. I just posted it to bring some perspective on how ridiculous some people perceive certain characters and situations, about how they're so warped on racism that they'll poke and prod anything until it resembles what they want to see.

Captain REX
Well, the only racist thing in Star Wars is the fact that the Empire has no alien officers or troops...

mephistodesigns
and that's because THEY'RE racist! thats why everyone but the Empire hangs with aliens. People are so dumb, star wars promotes tollerance. This is just like when Joseph Conrad wrote Heart of Darkness, a novella saterizing the whole diamond mining/raping of the country of Africa which happened in the late 1800's, the book showed how bad what the Europeans were doing through the eyes of a diamond miner who questions what's going on. he wrote the book based on his own experience and then a guy named Chinua Achebe wrote a book explaining what a racist Conrad was, it was hilarious, full of miss quotes. Same thing here, people miss the bigger picture because they're too blinded by THEIR OWN predjudices.

TheAnimal
lol that jawa sighn is kool. just imagine all the midgets protesting.

jango fatt
Join the JWA today
We give 5 bucks for every jawa foot

jango fatt
the foot is the proof that you actually killed the jawa

Hybris
I'm in. Any weapon restrictions? :P

Darth Kai
Sorry to inform you guys but having a black person in a movie doesn't mean you're not racist. In my opinion, George Lucas is racist(just like about 80% of white people in this America). He may not be "Southern" racist, but racist still. Just my opinion.

bILLYgOAT
Originally posted by Darth Kai
Sorry to inform you guys but having a black person in a movie doesn't mean you're not racist. In my opinion, George Lucas is racist(just like about 80% of white people in this America). He may not be "Southern" racist, but racist still. Just my opinion.

fuc off noob

report me if u wish

jaden101
Originally posted by Darth Kai

you would have a point if the article was even about black people...but its not...so you dont...please leave...and shut the door behind you when you go...thank you

NoFate007
I say Star Wars is racist when Yoda says to Mace Windu "Take the Emperor, you cannot. Best fitted, you will be, at KFC." or when Obi-Wan is looking at the security footage, cringes to all the white people, and then you see an Asian decapitated and he goes "YEAAAAH!! WOO WOO!!"

People seriously need to rip these monkeys out of their asses. I hate these people that complain about everything nowadays, like assuming that every child out there has such a terrible sense of judgment that they'll repeat anything they see on a screen.

Ken Kenobi
Star Wars is not racist. I mean come on, who comes up with this crap?

Like already mentioned, the only racist thing about Star Wars is the Empire's hatred for non-humans.

The movies promote equality for all.

Seeing as how this thread has people bashing each other and it is such a sensitive topic obviously.

I'm closing this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.