Will GL remake the OT?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soda
I just have this feeling that GL is not going to be happy with the way the new trilogy blend into the OT, and maybe alter them again, possibly even remake them with new actors etc...? What do u reckon are the chances?

PVS
-already a thread made on this http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=403486&highlight=remake#post403486

-has nothing to do with ep3

-hell no

OB1-adobe
He said at C3 that he is extremely proud of all of the movies.

So no, and stop going to Supershadow

The Ones
laughing out loud

NoMeN
yeah, he will remake the OT wink and he will remake the PT after he is done with the OT. wink

wozzy_the_dark
why on earth wud he want to remake them? there is nothing wrong with them, are you just complaining beacuse one looks new the other looks old? its what happens, and the effects in OT are good enough

DARTH DADDY
The only thing that he has stated is that he is going to make them 3D starting in 2007, one each year. That is going to be cool!

Darth_Vader05
Use the search button please and no George Lucas will not remake the original trilogy it didnt even need to come out on DVD i was happy with the VHS version.

Ogami Itto
GET A GRIP!!!! laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Soda
Originally posted by wozzy_the_dark
why on earth wud he want to remake them? there is nothing wrong with them, are you just complaining beacuse one looks new the other looks old?

yes pretty much, watch 1,2,3 and then 4 and 4 just looks outdated, i mean u got obiwan vs anakin on mustafar fight and then the vader vs obiwan on the death star which looks ridiculous in comparison

mephistodesigns
yeah, he needs to fix that up a bit, at least make it a little more intense. GL even says that one he still considers ANH the most flawed. I'm sure they'll get a tiny bit more retooling when they all come out in one HUGE boxed set. ESB and ROTJ are perfectly fine though. he doesn't need to mess with those EVER AGAIN!! Unless its to take out that horrid new music in jabba's palace .

Jedi Priestess
Oh Soda, YOU are ridiculous..............stop making stupid threads

Soda
^i'm trying i really am...cant change what i am tho

Delta 62
Of course they wouldn't be remade..extremely stupid of you to say. They are nearly perfect as they are, although I do think a few things could be cleaned up. Redo the fight between Anakin and Obi on the Death Star..that would be easy enough. I was also thinking replace the Anakin at the end of Episode VI, when Luke takes his mask off, with Hayden's dad or something. He has to at least look a little like him. And perhaps redo some of the space battle scenes, such as the Battle of Endor with new effects, but keep them exactly the same. No new shots etc..

Those are just suggestions, and won't really matter at all if they don't happen.

LandoSpeeder2
Hey, as long as the next time the OT is released on DVD they won't have little boxes around the space ships. The vhs's didn't have those.

yodafan
People love the old star wars, people don't like the new star wars. Why the heck would GL redo them? I agree with OB1-adobe, stay away from supershadow.

JKozzy
Originally posted by PVS
-already a thread made on this http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=403486&highlight=remake#post403486

-has nothing to do with ep3

-hell no

Dart Saber
Originally posted by Soda
I just have this feeling that GL is not going to be happy with the way the new trilogy blend into the OT, and maybe alter them again, possibly even remake them with new actors etc...? What do u reckon are the chances?

You want to go home and rethink your life.

smoker4
You want to get a new catch phrase stick out tongue

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by LandoSpeeder2
Hey, as long as the next time the OT is released on DVD they won't have little boxes around the space ships. The vhs's didn't have those.

Only god knows why the most glaring bad special effects were left in the film, and time was taken to remove Earth lettering from the tractor beam.

TheAnimal
if gl was gona remake the ot. the only film that needs fixing is the vader vs kenobi duel on the death star. and maybe making the cantina scene better.

NinthSith
The Cantina scene is one of the best scenes in all of starwars?

TheAnimal
i never said that scene was the best in sw. learn how to read.

Luetchyboy
Originally posted by Dart Saber
You want to go home and rethink your life.
I wanat to go home and rethink my life.

hunchy
I love how some fans wont give up the simple fact that George Lucas is now done with Star Wars. Yes, perhaps there will be many more versions of the films, but there are not going to be any more films, nor any remakes.

I also like how new fanboys who praise the new films, but find many "faults" with the old films, such as Animal above, continually think that the Obi Wan/Vader duel needs to be "fixed up"...It is a great scene, and you need to realize that it is not supposed to be a fast fight, but about two OLD friends, now enemies, going at it while talking as well. This is kind of old classic movie style, like Erroyl Flynn, like fencing, while the action is a basis for the dialouge to take place.

As for the Catina scene, also another great scene that should not be tampered with.

TheAnimal
lucas said on mtv that sw ends at 6 and only 6. if there was 9 films i think the franchise would be dead

NinthSith
Originally posted by TheAnimal
i never said that scene was the best in sw. learn how to read.

Learn how to read? Whats with the attitude.All I was saying is that the cantina seen is perfect and doesnt have to be changed.You make no sense?

Delta 62
Yes..making 7-9 (I'd use roman numerals but don't know them for 7-9) would not be a good thing. There's only two storylines they could use: KOTOR, or the New Jedi Order, which would NOT be a good thing at all seeing as how they'd have skipped 20 years after Episode VI.

TheAnimal
or if the new trilogy was made they could do the thrawn trilogy

Captain REX
VII, VIII, and IX, Delta. Not too difficult. wink

He's not making any more Star Wars movies, and he's not going to remake the Original Trilogy. no expression

NinthSith
Another starwars trilogy would more than likely fail.The public is hardly interested in episode 3 as it is,the main reason it has any interest is because Darth Vader returns.

TheAnimal
im just saying. even if it was possible the thrawn trilogy would be the best way to go

Delta 62
Yes, I'd be all for another trilogy if it was possible to do the Thrawn trilogy.

Public hardly interested in Episode III? Give me a break.

Sith Master X
GL remaking the OT would be the worst mistake in cinema histroy. Thankfully we won't have to worry about this.

Delta 62
This stupid thread needs to be deleted. I'm tired of it even as I type this.

Ken Kenobi
Use the other thread mentioned.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.