Zelda vs Halo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkAnakin226
What do you guys think is better, Zelda or Halo games?

shadow12
i like them both i can't decide

TrAnCeDuO
halo is fun but zelda has alot more depth.

General Kaliero
Okay, pitting Halo against Metroid I can understand. But THIS?

The two are just about as opposite sides of the spectrum as you can get! Sci-fi/Fantasy FPS/Third-person adventure-platformer-puzzle.

Seriously, c'mon! There is no way the two can be compared.

TrAnCeDuO
no if you have the imagination i believe you can compare the two. besides they aernt really fighting each other this is just a thread that asks about preference.

DarkAnakin226
Okay in that case, who do you think would win, Samus Aran, or Spartan 117 ie Master Chief? or what game do you thinks better, Halo, or Metroid?

Dizzle
Check the 41 page thread. Called Caster Chief vs. Samus Aran. Honestly people.

Blue Dragon
ZELDA!!!

dark1365
Halo is good at multiplayer. Zelda HAS no multiplayer. Halo wins.

Morgoths_Wrath
Zelda wins

Bobafetty
Halo wins. No compition

Dizzle
ZELDA!!! One of the best games for the best system ever... Link to the Past baby! Ocarina was quite good too, as was Wind Waker. Oh, and all the rest of them too. Cuz Zelda's freaking awesome. It's a dynasty man. And it hasn't gotten nearly as old as other game dynasties.

Halo's got 2 games.

Ultimately, it comes down to genre though, which is a matter of personal taste. Puzzles, swords, and magic vs. guns, and lots of em.

Smasandian
So Halo has MP.

Zelda has a much better singleplayer game and the replaybility factor as does Halo.

And in terms of games, Halo is not even close to the Legend of Zelda: Orcina Of Time (yes i know I spelt in wrong).

dark1365
Single Player
---------------

Zelda beats Halo, but not but a long shot. They are two different genre games: One with mythical adventure and the other a hardcore FPS. Zelda's huge single player campaign beats Halo's out by a few good hours.

EDGE: Zelda

Multiplayer
------------
Halo has multiplayer, which is it's strongest factor. Zelda(frachise) is good with the Four Swords, but lacked online play.

EDGE: Halo

Sound
-------
It's hard to tell, because both the games have great SFX and theme music.

EDGE: Tie.

Replayability Factor
----------------------
Halo wins on this one, since you could break it out anytime at a party with friends. Zelda's replayability is good(especially Four Swords) but it lacks depth.

EDGE: Halo

Want me to get more?

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Okay, pitting Halo against Metroid I can understand. But THIS?

The two are just about as opposite sides of the spectrum as you can get! Sci-fi/Fantasy FPS/Third-person adventure-platformer-puzzle.

Seriously, c'mon! There is no way the two can be compared. lol... ugh.. there are no words for a thread like this

Originally posted by DarkAnakin226
Okay in that case, who do you think would win, Samus Aran, or Spartan 117 ie Master Chief? or what game do you thinks better, Halo, or Metroid? oh my god.. you did not just go there... no expression

dark1365
Originally posted by DarkAnakin226
Okay in that case, who do you think would win, Samus Aran, or Spartan 117 ie Master Chief? or what game do you thinks better, Halo, or Metroid?
Umm......why did you just compare Halo to Metroid in "Zelda vs Halo"?

Zen2nd
Halo has got multiplayer which is alot better than playing on your own. Plus the whole online aspect blows Zelda out of the water.

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by Dizzle
ZELDA!!! One of the best games for the best system ever... Link to the Past baby! Ocarina was quite good too, as was Wind Waker. Oh, and all the rest of them too. Cuz Zelda's freaking awesome. It's a dynasty man. And it hasn't gotten nearly as old as other game dynasties.

Halo's got 2 games.

Ultimately, it comes down to genre though, which is a matter of personal taste. Puzzles, swords, and magic vs. guns, and lots of em.
yes 2 WHOLE GAMES...WOW! *smacks cheeks & gob smacked* How many does Zelda have...*counts* I'll be here a while...duh duh duh duh duh... stick out tongue

Some older games seem better than newer ones, Zelda hands down! No one likes the Xbox anyway, it's pants!

Zen2nd
How can a game be better because there is more sequels? Then the Final Fantasy games must be the best ever plus the numerous Dragon Ball Z games. Not the stongest point now is it?

dark1365
Quality over quantity.

Blue Dragon
Yeah yeah I know, it's not all on age. True, quality over quantity is very true...but...I hear no one likes Halo. No one talks about it anywhere, yeah they all play it at Burger Night (cafe I go to on Friday nights every month) but that's it.

Everyone I see, everywhere I go, Zelda Zelda Zelda! Fantasy is good, it's not real, it's fun, mysterious & in this case legendary. My friend today tells me he's finished Wind Waker but then...he did talk about Halo too & I was like "Oh yeah..."

It's strange, those were the only 2 games he spoke about..then I'm at this thread...

shadow12
Originally posted by Blue Dragon
Yeah yeah I know, it's not all on age. True, quality over quantity is very true...but...I hear no one likes Halo. No one talks about it anywhere, yeah they all play it at Burger Night (cafe I go to on Friday nights every month) but that's it.

Everyone I see, everywhere I go, Zelda Zelda Zelda! Fantasy is good, it's not real, it's fun, mysterious & in this case legendary. My friend today tells me he's finished Wind Waker but then...he did talk about Halo too & I was like "Oh yeah..."

It's strange, those were the only 2 games he spoke about..then I'm at this thread...
alot of ppl by me love it the alway want me to play it

Zen2nd
Sorry to poke fun at you but do you follow everyone around and listen to what they are talking about?

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by Zen2nd
Sorry to poke fun at you but do you follow everyone around and listen to what they are talking about?
People I know... roll eyes (sarcastic) or I may over hear (don't know if that as happened though but it could.)
Originally posted by shadow12
alot of ppl by me love it the alway want me to play it
Which game?

Dizzle
It's all preference of genre... I have a friend who buys video games solely to blast the crap out of other things. I personally enjoy the puzzles as much as the action... So I'd go for Zelda where my friend would go for Halo. Zelda is made to be a single player adventure game, where Halo is made as a multiplayer 1st person shooter game. Don't even try to compare em...

Blue Dragon
I perfer to play on my own, I pefer myself to be on my own too, if you know what I mean? When I play a game I have no one interfering, if it's someone who can't play it it annoys me, if someone who can play well then OK.

shadow12
i like zelda game because it makes you think outside the box

Blue Dragon
I don't know what that meaning means...well I think I did but forgot...I dunno! sad

shadow12
thinking out side the box it mean think in ways you normally wouldn't

Blue Dragon
Ah yes that's it. OK then back to topic! Zelda!

Primitive Screwhead
How can a game be better because there is more sequels? Then the Final Fantasy games must be the best ever plus the numerous Dragon Ball Z games. Not the stongest point now is it?

Sequels designate commercial success, something Zelda has definitely demonstrated over the years. Given time, Halo may (and most likely will) establish itself to fall into the same vein, but I think it is still too soon to say that it is a well established series. Let's see what they come up with in their next one or two sequels in order to determine if the formula gets stale or not. Zelda has always continued to raise the bar in its accomplishments: ranging from hidden second quests all the way back in the original Legend of Zelda to the transition from 2D to 3D in more recent years.

So, because of its innovation and varying styles throughout the years, I have to go with the Zelda series as the better of the two. However, if you want to look at a single game that best immerses you into a world and makes you feel like part of it, THEN I might give the slight nod to the original Halo. Series goes to Zelda, however.

Zen2nd
*In Zim's voice* No they don't you fool! If that was the case the Army Men games would be dead and gone! Just look at his annoying face!

Primitive Screwhead
*In Zim's voice* No they don't you fool! If that was the case the Army Men games would be dead and gone! Just look at his annoying face!

I said commercial success, not whether or not they were any good.

Zen2nd
But Army Men wasn't successful in any mediam

Primitive Screwhead
You're confusing whether or not a game actually sold with whether or not the game was any good. Having over six sequels equates to some form of financial profits, especially when that was the core of 3DO's business model. They depended on it way too heavily, which is partially what led to 3DO's demise. But early on the series did sell well, which is why they considered putting more out after that.

Zen2nd
Your joking right?

Primitive Screwhead
No, I'm not. Check the sales figures if you can find them, or any history on 3DO.

Check the last paragraph on the following article:
http://www.elecplay.com/reviews_article.php?article=4458

Also, a history of 3DO's corporate releases have some financial indicators buried in here, some with reference to how Army Men contributed to one of 3DO's few quarterly earnings reports that actually were positive.
http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/sigdev.asp?Symbol=US%3ATHDOQ

And June 1999 sales figures... back when Army Men was still in single digits in terms of versions released:
http://psx.ign.com/articles/068/068467p1.html

There's more scattered around, but just realize that Army Men didn't start off poorly from a sales standpoint at the very start.

Blue Dragon
What an ugly mug! sick sick sick At least Link is handsome... embarrasment eek! wink

Dizzle
Oh, he's more than handsome...

Blue Dragon
eek! You naughty person you... stick out tongue Wait that makes me naughty too... sad ...oh well..

dark1365
Link is cool.

Hooverman
hey TrAnCeDuO where did u go to get that squall icon thing?

Hit_and_Miss
I like zelda alot however i got to say halo is the more challenging game! zelda boss's are all the same in the different games! e.g. one you got to shoot in the eye! plus all the games start and end in the same way ! zelda gets capturing! lol how many times has she ever escaped? does link have to help her do everything?? Agreed halo is just more of the same shooting shooting shooting but it never gets old! i dont know how many times i have stormed the silent cartographer!

xxxpoppunker182
well you're camparing 2 totlly different games IMO zelda is better and the zelda series was rate dthe best game of the last 1000 years in 2004.

bartdude
halo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.