Sidious Vader's father?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
http://www.juicycerebellum.com/200511.htm

"In one fell swoop, Lucas reveals to us that he had a plan all along. No, Anakin isn't the sci-fi version of Christ. It turns out his mother was essentially raped, through the manipulation of Midicholorians by Darth Sidious"

Okay, this is from a review of the movie.

So......What the hell??? Anybody have dirt on this?

mephistodesigns
well, he apparently tells Anakin that the Sith know how to create life and stop people from dying through manipulation of the force, but if he did in fact create Anakin, why on earth would he create something that full fills an old Jedi prophecy about destroying the Sith? Unless taking control of that situation early on, to stop it from accidentally happening during his rule was part of his plan, to elimate ALL contingecies the jedi could possibly have. But how would he know the Jedi would find him? Or even train him? It seems to raise more questions than it answers.

macgeek2005
Darth Sidious: Dark Lord of the Sith knows all. He created anakin, in one way or another. He was controling the Jedi, that went to the Trade Federation Ship. He disrupted the comunications, so that they'd have to take a transport to coruscant, and he was the troops that damaged the hyperdrive generator on they're ship.

mephistodesigns
but how can he know they'd go to tatooine? and again, why create something that's destined to destroy you? There are a lot of very risky factors to control in that situation. and why tatooine? why not a planet in the core worlds? there are, again, a lot of questions that this raises. It will be interesting to see if Lucas addresses this in either an interview after the films release or on the DVD commentary...

OB1-adobe
Who knows. One thing though the other reviews did not really mention this at all, so it could be assumed by the ones who read that.

Also in the script, Sids told Anikan he did not how to do it (the power to create life), and that they would work together to find out.

Part of me is feeling that this is an assumption, but another part of me is scared to death.

Darth_Janus
The Sith had their own ideal Chosen One.

mephistodesigns
I'm kinda of the mind that Palps made that whole thing up, knowing its what Anakin wants to hear, he's been lying and telling him what he wants to hear for 10yrs basically, so its not like I'd put it past him.

Darth_Janus
Or perhaps it was Sidious who spawned the prophecy, thinking to have his progeny raised by the Jedi, only to betray them. A fitting revenge.

Lazerlike42
I think it's a wild assumption by somebody who doesn't quite know what they are talking about

Mist
"Either that, or Palpatine is just making the whole thing up to bring Anakin over to the Dark Side."

im thinking along these lines too....

Jedi Priestess
No, no, OH HELL NO. Sidious LIES, he is not Anakins father, nor did he use the force to create Anakin.

Anakin was created by the will of the force on its own. No Sith involvement.

mephistodesigns
agreed!

and happy anniversary JP, saw yer post over in the Bar...

where'd you get that pic of mara? or is that even mara?

astrofan428
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
No, no, OH HELL NO. Sidious LIES, he is not Anakins father, nor did he use the force to create Anakin.

Anakin was created by the will of the force on its own. No Sith involvement.

Exactly, he is evil, he only tells Anakin exactly what he want to hear. Just like Anakin, he can probably since what happens to Padme, so he knows that whether his story is true or not, he wont need it.

Dart Saber
Originally posted by OB1-adobe

"In one fell swoop, Lucas reveals to us that he had a plan all along. No, Anakin isn't the sci-fi version of Christ. It turns out his mother was essentially raped, through the manipulation of Midicholorians by Darth Sidious"

You want to go home and rethink your life...

Darth Plagueis
IF (and I stress IF) Anakin were created by a Sith, I think it would more likely have been Darth Plagueis than Sidious, as Palpatine credits him with the abality to create life through the force in Ep.3, and how would he know this unless it had been done, and why would it be in the script if it weren't relevant in some way?
IF.

Mist
yeah...its so lame...its just from that frikn line 'i need your help son'
people need to stop taking it literally.....

and why would palpatine zap his own grandkid in rotj? stupid idea really.

New_Born_Pyro
Hmmmm. Meditate on this, I will.

Hybris
my opinion it that if Anakin was created by a Sith, he would already have been in training to become a Sith himself. Do you really think a Sith would let a kid with the highest level of midi-chlorians become a Jedi? I don't think so...

jaden101
i put this forward months ago as a theory and was hounded out of town by all the fan boys for being an idiot

Xam
Originally posted by Mist
yeah...its so lame...its just from that frikn line 'i need your help son'
people need to stop taking it literally.....

and why would palpatine zap his own grandkid in rotj? stupid idea really.

i live in a black neibourhoo...and everysingle black guy calls me "son" n they aint my dad!

mephistodesigns
Say word son! laughing

Yeah, its gotta be more Sidious bs. More telling Anakin exactly what he needs to hear to turn. Palps knows that if Anakin is to turn to the darkside, he will need to hear something that he doesn't just want, but thinks he needs. And Anakin really thinks its desperately important to learn to stop people from dying after his new dream. Palps also told Anakin he'd become more powerful than Yoda some day when he was still not all that powerful, so I don't think anything he tells Anakin is meant to be taken as fact.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by mephistodesigns
Say word son! laughing

Yeah, its gotta be more Sidious bs. More telling Anakin exactly what he needs to hear to turn. Palps knows that if Anakin is to turn to the darkside, he will need to hear something that he doesn't just want, but thinks he needs. And Anakin really thinks its desperately important to learn to stop people from dying after his new dream. Palps also told Anakin he'd become more powerful than Yoda some day when he was still not all that powerful, so I don't think anything he tells Anakin is meant to be taken as fact.

I have not really heard anyone else talk about it so who knows. I am thinking it is assumed, its not even in the script

palpy_666
Listen...

I believe Sidious did create Anakin, a perfect apprentice with such high abilities. It was asked by mephistodesigns exactly why Tatooine would be the planet for Anakin to be born upon instead of a core planet... Here's why. If Anakin were born upon a core planet, the Jedi would've recognized him and have taken him in early!!! That's exactly what Qui Gon said in TPM.

I believe Sidious wanted Anakin to grow up and have attachments but later become a Jedi at an age much to old to begin the training. His training would at least put his "foot in the water" when it comes to using the Force. The early attachments of Anakin's would serve as his undoing and his lack of Jedi ideals. The seed of attachment was already within Anakin, all Sidious had to do was play upon that and Anakin could become his apprentice.

Someone asked why Sidious would zap his own grand kid... HELLO!!! This is Darth Sidious we're talking about here. The Dark Lord of the Sith! He killed his own master as many Sith do. Get a grip.

Besides, I think Lucas adding in lines about the ability to create life though the Force, and Anakin having no father is pretty obvious of what he wanted to imply.

star22
This did not happen in the movie. It is not canon. It is an intriguing possibility, but it just isn't accurate.

palpy_666
Originally posted by star22
This did not happen in the movie. It is not canon. It is an intriguing possibility, but it just isn't accurate.

What do you mean "This did not happen in the movie?". Which movie are you talking about? And yes, Sidious tells Anakin about the Sith having the ability to create and sustain life-- that IS canon. Anakin having no father and being born of the Force alone is also canon.

Go back and watch TPM if you're confused and then reread the script to III.

star22
That is canon. Sidious was lying, though. Yoda says this at the end. The Sith have never and can never have this ability.

astrofan428
This may answer a question I have had. This from a review of the movie I think done by a guy at TFN.

I have wondered what the first bit of information is? Maybe this is it.

star22
The one at the end is what I just said.

I'm not sure what the first one is.

keYa
Sidious is a looser , make that clear in your head, he's near to death when he combats Windu , the dark side is more impressive but more crapy...

star22
He is not a looser.
He allows himself to be hurt by Mace in order go get Anakin to go dark. It was an act. He could have easily won.

keYa
you don't understand , we've talked of that before, Windu could kill Sidious , if anakin wasn't there , it's that which make the event tragic ...
It demonstrates that it due to anakin that the Sith won ...

star22
I don't agree. Anakin was the only one who could have killed Sidious. What is tragic is that he could have done it then and ended it but he didn't. Mace could never have killed Palpatine.

keYa
so explain me why when anakin wasn't there windu kicks palpy's ass ?
You think that palp fake the combat against saesse , kit ..etc ?
Palps knows only how hurt a person with a strike of lightning ...
And if you say to me " So why Yoda doesn't kick the palp's ass ? " I"ll answer you that Windu is a better sabermaster than yoda , knowing that he controls the Vapad art of combat

star22
Palp knew that Anakin would not be able to stay away.
Palp killed the other jedi easily.
If you read the novel, this is made fairly clear.

keYa
is it wrote in the book that palp is simulating ?

star22
It's very heavily implied, though not said outright.

palpy_666
Fellas, we're getting off topic here... but for the record, I agree with you, Star22. Sidious could easily beat Mace.

Anyways though, getting back to the topic, I feel that Lucas is implying that Sidious is Anakin's father by setting up the fact that he had no human dad and then have Sidious saying in III about the Sith's ability to create life-- story wise, this makes a lot of sense.

star22
At the end, Yoda says that Sidious was lying. He really can't do what he said he could do. Actually, he never says that he can. He says that his master could, which wasn't true.

TheElectricFox
NICE JOB USING SPOILER TAGS ADOBE!!! NOW THATS ALL IM GOING TO BE THINKING ABOUT FOR THE NEXT FREAKIN WEEK

palpy_666
Originally posted by star22
At the end, Yoda says that Sidious was lying. He really can't do what he said he could do. Actually, he never says that he can. He says that his master could, which wasn't true.

In all seriousness (or should I say "Sidiousness", lol), what if Palps wasn't lying? How does Yoda know for sure that Plagueis didn't discover the ability to create and sustain life?

star22
Because he was told by Qui-Gon who is one with the force and thus knows.

thejeditraitor
because he would still be alive.
and the sith are all liars.

star22
Of course they are. That is what I tell them to be. I value deception.

Gangularis
thanks for putting that spoiler in the topic title..

i really wanted to read that...

star22
It isn't true anyways.

moviejunkie23
You guys are giving sids too much credit. He made a diabolical plan, yes, but allot of what favored him was just good fortune. The force made anikin and anikin was found, by a jedi! Through the force Qui Gon knew intinclivley of his importance. Unfortunatley he died before he could raise anikin as a jedi and the results of the future altered greatly. Sids was able to manipulate anikin through his weakness and convert him to the darkside, just like he was able to convert Dooku under his wing. If your a powerfull jedi and your wavering sids is not the guy to be around! Sids saw the weakness in this young powerfull jedi and he took advantage of the oppurtunity to convert such someone so gifted. When the time came, just like he forgot about Dooku for anikin, he forgot about anikin for luke, though he underestimated both Luke AND anikin and he parached for it.
A brilliant mastermind that underestimated a family that was spawned by the force itself. No matter how you slice it the force succeeded in killing the lone lord of the sith, if not through father alone, fast forward a few years and it would be by the son showing mercy to the father, and then the father turning his back on sids that never would have suspected there was still good waiting to come out of anikin.

star22
I agree with you mostly. One of the best things about Sidious is his ability to use what he is given, though. He is able to use whatever situation he is given to his advantage.

EHmasterJedi
stupidest thing ive ever herd

EHmasterJedi
the hole point about how Vader turned back good again and became the chosen one was based on family and love, LUKE LEIA, if palpi is his father it kind of defeats the hole reason why luke and leia are so important. simple lol

star22
Agreed. rock

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by EHmasterJedi
the hole point about how Vader turned back good again and became the chosen one was based on family and love, LUKE LEIA, if palpi is his father it kind of defeats the hole reason why luke and leia are so important. simple lol

Yeah I was thinking about this.

I think this is ploy in GL's story telling to throw off the audience, future newbies I mean.

In the movie, 2 scenes bring light that there is doubt to Anikan being the chosen. The opera scene, and the Jedi/clone gunship scene w/ yoda, OB, and mace.

Basically I think he is trying to throw off the audience trying to get them believe that Anikan is not the chosen one, and that he was ment to be a bad guy.

Until of course, he fulfills the prophecy in ROTJ.

Milosz006
Utter bullshite, how could Sidious create a being with a higher midi-chlorian count than himself? Especially with a woman who had no power in the force? If Sidious could do that it would be done under his strict supervision and the child would be his apprentice from birth, he wouldn't leave him on some backwater planet for the Jedi to find him.

Darth Jello
wow, that's a stretch...

star22
I agree with Milosz006 too. There are so many reasons why it can't be true, though it is an interesting thought.

Batman316
on a personal note.......

My Chosen one = Luke

*dons a flamage prevention suit...

Isn't it's Lukes actions that bring about the balancing of the force? he is the one who throws down his lightsaber and faces the Emperor unarmed.

I know Anakin is meant to be 'the chosen one' but sorry.... it will always be that farm boy from Tat that brought light back into the galaxy

star22
Anakin was still the Chosen One. George Lucus said so. However, he needed the help of his children because he didn't make the right choice to begin with when he could.

mephistodesigns
Yep, the role of the Chosen One is to DESTROY the Sith, Luke got his @$$ beat by the Sith, and Anakin then killed the Sith and thus full filled the prophecy. So Luke was an integral part of the process, but then again so way Yoda and Ben for training Luke and hiding the twins, and Bail for hiding Leia, and the Lars for harboring Luke...but there is only one Chosen One: the one who could destroy the Sith which is clearly Anakin.

El_NINO
I got flamed for posting this earlier

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=334139&highlight=Could+Anikin+been+born

El_NINO
I deserve an apology wink

mephistodesigns
why?

grieverr
Actually, Sids creating Anakin is not that far of a stretch. I bought the Making of Ep3 book, and one of the earlier drafts of the script had Palpatine telling Anakin that he influenced the midichlorians to form Anakin. There was even a line that had Palps saying "You can think of me as a sort of father". (or something like that)
I'm at work now, but if you guys want clarification, when I get home tonight I can grab the book and write down specifically what it said.

In something unrelated, Han Solo was in those early drafts as well.

DCLXVI
God I hope this isn't going to be seriously considered....roll eyes (sarcastic)

grieverr
Oh, I guess I should've mentioned that scene was changed in the final script, so it's a good bet that it's not in the film.

DCLXVI
grieverr> It's been confirmed that it is not in the Final Draft of the Script, and not in the Final Cut of the movie . wink

mephistodesigns
well if it ain't in the final draft...I guess it ain't true.
It's like saying could Luke be a girl because one draft had that in the OT.

DCLXVI
mephisto> He possibly was a girl....shifty

mephistodesigns
with that haircut who know? damn hippies! laughing

and yoda is really David the Gnome....3PO is a used car salesman...Han and Obi are the same character... eek!

keYa
yes , of course , you'll say nearly that palp ordon to the Tuskens to bring and kill the only piece of evidence that he's come down of Tatoine to create Anakin ... hopeless

BrianWilsonJedi
Palps vaders father, lame! Hey then maybe Lucas could use the "I am your father" line again.

TheFool
If Sidious was Anakin's father, in my opinion would weaken the whole story. It is only a tragedy that Anakin falls because he was once good, if he was born to be evil, no tragedy.
On a side note, it seems assumed by some that Anakin was born to wipe out the Sith. I don't have any idea where that is ever said. What is said is that he would restore balance to the force, and it is said that the Jedi really don't know what 'bringing balance to the force' means. For a thousand years the Jedi ruled while the sith stayed hidden, after Anakin's turn there were two Sith and two Jedi left...balance.

mephistodesigns
"You were the Chosen One, you were meant to destroy the Sith, not join them!"--Obi-wan Kenobi in ROTS

mephistodesigns
and the "Balaning of the Force" means the destruction of the Sith because the Sith unbalance the Force by manipulating it's natural flow, instead of living with IN its flow as the Jedi do....as Lucas has said many times.

TheFool
"You were the Chosen One, you were meant to destroy the Sith, not join them!"--Obi-wan Kenobi in ROTS

Yet Yoda clearly states that it is completely unknown what "bringing balance to the force" means. Obi-wan may have thought he knew, but I'm sure you'd agree that Yoda would be the one who would have a handle on the prophesy if anyone did. I also don't believe the Sith manipulate the force any more than the Jedi. I don't believe there is a morality in the force. For instance, the Jedi were doing the Sith's bidding during the entire clone wars, therefore furthering the cause of evil, if the force was inherently good, rather than neutral, could this happen?

mephistodesigns
Well...then Anakin did destroy the Sith in ROTJ, and brought balance to the Force, fullfilling his destiny as the Chosen One...Lucas has said this himself. I'm pretty sure that makes it right... Lucas was also the one that said the Sith manipulate the Force and bend it to their will while Jedi live in peace with its natural flow. So again, with this coming out of Lucas' moouth....I'm gonna have to say he's right on this one.

mephistodesigns
and the Force IS neutral, which is why forcing the Force to do something outside of its nature of being a source of life and creation and vitality, like kill someone with lightening or force it to show you the future instead of simply waiting to find out its will in time...makes the act bad, not the force. The force has its powers, how you use or make use of them is what makes it good or evil.

Here, let me clarify....
the Force is like a pond. If you just float in the pond, allowing whatever current their may or may not be to take you where it takes you is the Jedi way. its respectful of the pond, and it doesn't disturb its tranquil surface. The Sith however, are basically flapping their arms through the pond, pushing waves at their enemies (envision a big spiritual wave fight from your days in the pool). They push against the current and cause waves and affect currents in the way they see fit. Now, was the current originally going to go where the Sith have now pushed it? who knows, but it most likely is not, as the Sith have changed the gentle current with their forceful waves they create. That is why they are evil, the Jedi are good, and the Force is neutral...but essentially a force for good, as it is a "life force", thus its very nature is creative and positive, not destructive and negative.

jshirtoff
I have always believed that Anakin was Palpatine's son. Here is how I think Lucas views it:

Starwars is meant to be a generational conflict. Palpatine is the grandfather, Vader the father, and Luke the grandson. Hopefully it will never be completely explained and it is only left for the true fan to realize and interpret. But I think the closest thing to an explanation is given in Revenge of the Sith when Palpatine explains to Anakin it it pretty obvious that he is explaining his origin. So yes, Palpatine created Anakin likely through a Sith incantation and Anakin is essentially an abomination. I have been saying that Palpatine is Anakin's father for years even before parts II and III came out, it is amazing to gauge people's reaction to this, it generates a lot of anger as well as astonishment. I believe Lucas intended what I have written here and he is afterall God of the Star Wars galaxy.

dadudemon
Well, we know that Darth Plagueis messed with the "life" creating portions of the force. Right now, the best we have to go on, as an assumption that Darth Plagueis created Anakin with the force, in Shmi.

So, no, it wasn't Palps, it was most likely Darth Plagueis. That's the generally consensus among EU fans, of course. I believe GL will not allow the writers to say that Darth Plagueis actually did it, though. It's possible that he has something in store for Anakin that he doesn't want revealed, yet. Which is kind of interesting.

queeq
So long ago was it that Darth Plagueis was killed? How old is Palpy?

~JP~
Im going with The Force created Anakin. Not Sideous and not Plagueis.

BruceSkywalker
you guys and gals have it all wrong.. I am Anakin's father big grin stick out tongue

dadudemon
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
you guys and gals have it all wrong.. I am Anakin's father big grin stick out tongue

You got it on with Schmi? laughing laughing laughing

queeq
I hear she's great in bed.

Robtard

Which would explain why Anakin is a whiny sissy-boy.

Darth Angel

You? And she accepted it? Oh, I got it, that's why she said Anakin was made "by the force" Happy Dance

dadudemon
Originally posted by Darth Angel
Oh, I got it, that's why she said Anakin was made "by the force" Happy Dance

AHA! laughing

queeq
By force?

~JP~
slam

queeq
JP is liking it... a lot!

Jack Daniels
I been gone for awhile but I notice JP is still in Queeqs bed or rather hes in her bed is that by force?

queeq
The force that binds us together... wink

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by OB1-adobe

Wow I don't remember making this thread at all

Sith Master X
The whole Coruscant theater scene with Anakin and Palps has so many things written all over it.

For one, pretty obvious that Palpatine was the one who killed Plagueis in his sleep. You can tell this by the close up of his face after he says it....his eyes, the thing he does with his tounge....the line he says afterward "Ironic, isn't it." Maybe all of this was confirmed or expanded upon in the books or something....but I don't read any of that garbage. I just stay true to the movies.

So if Plagueis learned how to influence midi-chilorians, and taught his apprentice everything he knew....that means Palpatine knew how to do it. To me this make Episode 1 really cool, because Qui-Gon says "There are no accidents" and Palpatine at the end tells Anakin "We'll watch your career with great interest." So everything was sort of "fate."

So many beautiful things that Lucas set up that were either just plained bashed for the saking of having something to complain about, or overlooked.

Having said that, after the theater scene, my interpretation was always that Palpatine was the one responsible for Anakin's birth....so in a way, that makes him Anakin's father, or father figure. And when you watch the prequels, Palpatine was in the background guiding Anakin. It was his master-plan all along, so it makes sense.

queeq
There are indeed many subtleties in these scenes. But since they never come to full fruition, nor do they have any effect on the outcome of the story, they seem rather irrelevant.

I like all these angles, but my complaint is more along the lines of Lucas not really using what he sows in these scenes. And if he doesn't use them, why sow them?

KaziQaleph
It was actually Plagueis who is believe to have influenced the creation of Anakin because it states in several sources that Sidious never learned how to manipulate midi-chlorians. When Plagueis discovered midi-chlorian manipulation, he informed Sidious, who became fearful that he was going to be cast aside and Plagueis would create a new, perfect apprentice, so Sidious killed Plagueis before he learned the skill.

Hybris
Originally posted by KaziQaleph
It was actually Plagueis who is believe to have influenced the creation of Anakin because it states in several sources that Sidious never learned how to manipulate midi-chlorians. When Plagueis discovered midi-chlorian manipulation, he informed Sidious, who became fearful that he was going to be cast aside and Plagueis would create a new, perfect apprentice, so Sidious killed Plagueis before he learned the skill.

I agree with most of that.

Sith Master X
Originally posted by KaziQaleph

And that's the issue, "it states in several sources."

But the only source I go by is the context of the actual scene that we saw in the movie...in my opinion, and although I know this isn't necessarily true, the movie is the official thing...and what you take from what you saw on the movie is what you get.

In the context of the scene from the "official" movie, and not all the other written books or video games and all that stuff, my individual interpretation at least, was that Plagueis learned to influence midi-chilorians, he told Palps how to do it, (hence why Palpatine says "He told his apprentice everything he knew"wink then Palps killed Sidious...like most Sith apprentice's do to become the ultimate power...and created Anakin to become the ultimate apprentice....the puppet that he could manipulate and control to do most of his dirty work.

But I guess that's the beauty of this scene. We only get just enough information out of it that the audience can form their own opinions on the creation of Anakin. I really love that, because from my viewpoint, it allows me to believe that Palpatine was the one who created him based on what we see from the movie, and not all the books and video game add ons.

queeq
Yeah, it's pretty open. But canonwise I think it's too bad Lucas doesn't use it more... Subtleties to seduce a very unsubtle Anakin... hmm....

Anakin_the_Hutt
Okay, using only scenes from the "official" movie:

"To cheat death is a power only one has achieved, but if we work together...I know we can discover the secret."

Basically, that translates to: "You know all that stuff I told you about my Master teaching me everything he knew? Well, I lied...I'm evil."

I don't think there's any other way to interpret Palpatine's disclaimer.

At that point, Anakin could've just cut off Palpatine's head since he knew he was lied to or play along - hoping Palpatine really knew a way to keep Padme alive. He played along and was corrupted by the Dark Side - just as Palpatine planned. Palpatine could sell ketchup popsicles to a woman in white gloves.

"For once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny." Very true for Anakin.

queeq
I still odn't get why Anakin was so submissive all of a sudden... Palpy the Liar

Sith Master X
Originally posted by Anakin_the_Hutt

"To cheat death is a power only one has achieved, but if we work together...I know we can discover the secret."

Basically, that translates to: "You know all that stuff I told you about my Master teaching me everything he knew? Well, I lied...I'm evil."

I don't think there's any other way to interpret Palpatine's disclaimer.

At that point, Anakin could've just cut off Palpatine's head since he knew he was lied to or play along - hoping Palpatine really knew a way to keep Padme alive. He played along and was corrupted by the Dark Side - just as Palpatine planned. Palpatine could sell ketchup popsicles to a woman in white gloves.

You know what, that's a great point actually.

I remember at one point thinking the same thing to myself, but I wasn't thinking about that as of recent. Good point, you're right.

Anakin_the_Hutt
Anakin wasn't all submissive all of a sudden. It was thought out, he made his decision when he left the Council Chambers. He would rather watch his friends die than ever lose Padme. He solidified his decision when he protected Palpatine from Mace.

"I will do whatever you ask, just help me save Padme's life."

"Uh...yeah, listen - we COULD save Padme, but first we JUUUST gotta figure out how. In the meantime, kill all the Jedi in the Temple...only then will you be strong enough to save Padme."

Anakin's mind was made up when he walked out of that Council Chamber to save Palpatine. Whatever it takes, I'll do it.

queeq
And then he got screwed.

Anakin_the_Hutt
And in the end, he blamed everyone for the position they put him in.

It's the Jedi's fault his mother is dead. It's the Jedi's fault he's had to hide his love for Padme. Had the Jedi have never gotten involved in his life, none of this would've ever happened. When he yelled, "I hate you!" at Obi-Wan - that was from the soul. "I'M the victim in all of this, you bastard!"

With Padme dead, the only reason he had left to live was to kill Palpatine for manipulating him. Except he was just a fraction of what he once was. There was no way he could kill Palpatine by himself.

"Join me and together, we will rule the galaxy as father and son!"

"...no!"

"Your momma turned against me, don't you turn against me!"

queeq
What a well designed character he is, our Anakin.

Sith Master X
The execution of his character was certainly flawed, but I still enjoyed them for what they were.

queeq
We know you did... and we still wonder why... laughing out loud

ares834
Originally posted by Anakin_the_Hutt

I fully agree. As awesome as it is to think that some "super-Sith" created Anakin it seems far more likley that all f his supposed powers were the manipulations of Sidious.

Actually, it was not true at all...

queeq
Indeed.

Anakin_the_Hutt
Right, the Chosen One.

queeq
Unfortunately.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.