Revenge Of The Sith's Oscar Chances

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Texansfan05
I think Revenge Of The Sith could win 4 Oscars visual effects, sound, sound editing and Best original score. I was wondering how well do you guys think episode 3 can do at the oscars.

astrofan428
I dont know about original score, too much reused music.

Texansfan05
True I looked Original Score up and episode 4,5, and 6 all got nominated so I still think it's possible

acedanger
I think ROTS has no chance at all!!! Because it appeals to to narraw of an audience. The acting and dialogue will probably suck!!! If the oscar's gave out awards for magic and the greatest sci fi epic of all time ROTS would be a shoe in but let's face it the Oscar's nominate more main stream type stuff!! Not a cult saga like Star Wars...

astrofan428
That is why he asked about sound and visual effects.

HAROLD
ROTS will be nominated for visual effects, and maybe sound and sound editing, but not original score. The Academy is still disgusted with TPM's score like everyone else.

wozzy_the_dark
by sounds of things, palpatines performance is gonna be good, and anakin's is much, much improved over AOTC, so there mite b a chance for actor or supportin role, we will just have to wait and see

Darth Bong
Hey, we all know that the Academy has it out for Lucas. The only reason that the OT was allowed to get the nominations it deserved is because Lucas was successful but he wasnt bigger than the movie industry like he is now. Its unfair but I dont expect any nominations to go to ROTS. smokin'

bILLYgOAT
here's a Q for ya

how many Oscars has SW won since 1977??????????

Texansfan05
2 one for Episode 5 and one for episode 6

Eleonora
I'm going to say Best Director, you never know.
BTW SW actually won 5 Oscars for epIV.

Lord Yoda
i don't think lucas has a chance because the oscars hate GL for some reason. But i agree with wozzy. Palps acting is gonna be pretty wild. I think he has a shot. And it will definetly get visual effects. wink thumb up

bILLYgOAT
Originally posted by Texansfan05
2 one for Episode 5 and one for episode 6
really?

what categories?

tis a poor show for a ground breaking cinema

astrofan428
Didnt it when a few for ANH, I think it said that on the OT DVD documentary. The original was nominated for best picture.

Matafaka
Originally posted by Eleonora
I'm going to say Best Director, you never know.
BTW SW actually won 5 Oscars for epIV.

ep IV won 7 Oscars wink
ep V 2
ep VI 1

JKozzy
I'm not thinking that RoTS will win any. I'd like to see it win for CG and the score, though.

Texansfan05
Originally posted by astrofan428
Didnt it when a few for ANH, I think it said that on the OT DVD documentary. The original was nominated for best picture.

The Original Won 7 Oscars: editing,score,art,costume,visual effects, and sound. It was also nominated for Best Picture, and Best Director etc

Episode 5 won : Best Sound, Visual Effects

Episode 6 won : Visual Effects

Mandos
I think we should wait until we see the movie before commenting, no?

Lord Yoda
Ya. will have a better perspective after the movie.

OB1-adobe
It will win for visual effects and thats it, it s really the only SFX heavy movie this year besides a few others

acedanger
I think that Lucas will never win an oscar because he is not in any of the guilds!!

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by acedanger
I think that Lucas will never win an oscar because he is not in any of the guilds!!

I was thinking about this as well, just the other day.

Maybe this is why the academy hasn't been real appreciative of the Star Wars films.

Pogel
I think the film could have a shot at VFX, but I doubt it'll win, NOT because it's bad, but because of politics.
Lucas trouble with and farewell to Hollywood after the original film is the reason I believe.

But there are more important things then oscars anyway.

vader519
I think they have a great chance for costume designs, musical score for John Williams, sfx, and maybe an supporting actor for Ian McDiarmid.

tlbauerle
I think the previous Oscar discussion was much better....

Search is your friend.

Texansfan05
Originally posted by tlbauerle
I think the previous Oscar discussion was much better....

Search is your friend.

Your talking about the Visual effects discussion this one cover's more than that one at least. I posted in that one I like this one better.

moviejunkie23
at the highest star wars may get bread crumbs. Look what type of movies hollywood nominates for oscors, not the star wars types

Lord Yoda
I agree with Texansfan, this thread has a lot more to talk aboutgossip

NoFate007
POSSIBILITIES (not definites, don't start bashing already)

Best Actor - Ewan McGregor
Best Supporting Actor - Ian McDiarmid
Best Visual Effects
Best Sound
Best Sound Editing
Best Original Score
Best Original Screenplay
Best Editing
Best Director
Best Picture

Now, the chances of the first one and the last three are very slim, but there is still a possibility, seeing as this is the last one, and the academy does like to wait until the last of things to give everything out. Ian McDiarmid does have a pretty good shot, as does all the technical awards. I wouldn't be surprised if ROTS didn't even receive any nominations, but its not a complete 100% no right now.

Reborn Again
Have Sci-Fi movies ever had a chance? Has one ever one?

moviejunkie23
your living in a fantasy world if you think Sith will get top honors of anything for oscars

hunchy
I think it could win all those mentioned possibly, with the exception of "original score". That's a definate no. Scores of sequels, with relatively the same music, don't really seem to win, and rightly so as it is original score, and as episode 3 will have some new stuff, but a lot of recycled stuff as well...

As for these:

"Best Actor - Ewan McGregor
Best Visual Effects
Best Sound
Best Sound Editing
Best Original Score
Best Original Screenplay
Best Editing
Best Director
Best Picture"

Best actor, supporting actor, original score, original screenplay, best editing, best director, and best picture....it'll never even be nominated in these categories, or win. Best Pic, not a chance, same goes for best director and editing. Original screenplay, highly, highly doubtful. Best actor for Ewan a definite no. And POSSIBLY, but doubtful as well, Ian McDiarmid for supporting actor altho that would be cool.

Knowone
my list is short:

Best Visual Effects
Best Sound
Best Sound Editing
Best Original Score
Best Original Screenplay
Best Editing
Best Picture

simply put thoughs are My nominations

Batman316
Best Visual Effects
Best Original Score

Realistically I'd stick with these three options. The sound is bound to be screwy in some parts, editing will be a little dodgy as well. No chance for best original screenplay cause that would imply 'good dialogue'

star22
I hope Ian gets nominated. He is one of my favorite actors and I hear he is going to be just great.

I hope it gets nominated for visual effects too and possibly sound as well.

Lord Yoda
Pray for Ian, we must. Ask for his victory, i will for christmas.MMMmmmmsanta

star22
Yup. I'll ask for it for my B-day, since Christmas is so far away.

astrofan428
Usually when someone gets all ugly in a movie they win an oscar, so Ian has a very good chance.

hunchy
Haha, no, its when someone "cries". Get it right..... stick out tongue

Lord Yoda
Ya i like his chances

astrofan428
Originally posted by hunchy
No, its when someone "cries". Get it right.

Nicole Kidman and Charlize Theron. It takes so much skill for them to play ugly people, you know because they arent used to that.

star22
Then maybe Natalie will get nominated.

Argh, I hope not. Ian is going to be so good. I would go see the movie even if I wasn't a fan, just to see him. He's the reason I love ROTJ so much.

Texansfan05
If Ian won that would be Cool rock

star22
It would be way cool!!! He is awesome!!!!

Lord Yoda
Originally posted by star22
Then maybe Natalie will get nominated.

Argh, I hope not. Ian is going to be so good. I would go see the movie even if I wasn't a fan, just to see him. He's the reason I love ROTJ so much.

I agree he is the best part of ROTJ

star22
Oh, totally. I love his cackle. I love his lines. I love how twisted he looks. I love his lightning. I love everything about Palpatine. Everything.

Lord Yoda
I can't wait till he says "Are you threatning me master jedi?"

hunchy
Originally posted by astrofan428
Nicole Kidman and Charlize Theron. It takes so much skill for them to play ugly people, you know because they arent used to that.

Its true though dude. Both are good looking, but both put on great performances. Especially Charlize Theron in Monster. Wow. A great movie and a great acting performance by her. Have you seen it?

And Palptaine was definately the one who made ROTJ, all the way.

astrofan428
Originally posted by hunchy
Especially Charlize Theron in Monster. Wow. A great movie and a great acting performance by her.

Yeah I know, this has just always been a little joke between me and my friends from my job. I used to work at a videostore, so most conversations revolved around movies.

hunchy
Yeah I know what ya mean. I've made that joke before many times as well.

Lord Yoda
What do yall think about ROTS getting a nomination for original screenplay? shifty

star22
That is probably going to be my favorite line in the whole movie. The scene in the book is even cooler, though. It is my favorite scene in the whole book.

I doubt that ROTS will get nominated for original screanplay.

hunchy
no way possible. not the slighest chance. sorry.

Darth Jello
Ian McDiarmid for best supporting actor

star22
Yay!!! I really, really hope so. He deserves some recognition.

jaden101
episode 3 will have the same monumental and glittering oscar success as the matrix reloaded and revolutions...absolutely bugger all in other words

why?

cause the people who decide these things are ****ing snobs of the highest order...

if the effects oscars go to anyone next year then it'll be speilberg for war of the worlds

Lord Yoda
I just got back from seeing ROTS and i believe that Ian will get nominated maybe Ewan(Big Maybe). It will win visual, sound& sound editing. best score. and there has been rumor that it might be eligible for best animated feature because more than half of the movie is animated.

Texansfan05
I was shocked by how well the movie was edited I really thought they did a good job of putting the scenes together. After seeing ROTS Ian Mcdiarmid was exceptional I hope he recieves a Best Supporting Actor Nomination. I still think Revenge Of The Sith will do well with the technical awards. I hope it get's nominations in major categories but only time will tell.

tlbauerle
There will be NO performance nominations. Although Ian was great...and Ewan was awesome...

Texansfan05
There will be NO performance nominations. Although Ian was great...and Ewan was awesome...

I think your probably right about no ROTS actor is going to be nominated but it would be pretty cool if it happened.

mtryder
As far as nominations go, I think sound, visual effects, costume, original screenplay, best supporting actor (ian mcdiarmid) and best actor (ewan mcgregor) are all possible. realistically, I bet it only gets one or two of those, though. And of them, it might win one.

DeVi| D0do
original screenplay?!? you're dreaming dude...

it wont get any acting nominations either. The only one's it has a chance at winning are the technical ones...

ragesRemorse
the only plausible category that ROTS could possibly win is best visual effects. Was there an original score written for ROTS? Or did they just recycle williams' score from the other two? there cant be anything else that this movie could seriously be considered for. The acting was par, and the writing was horrid. The editing was ok, but nothing special, maybe if the flick had been presented better, the editing would have appeared better for me.

DeVi| D0do
I hated some of the editing... Ben Burtt should stick to sound...

I don't know if it can win for score... I know all three originals were nominated, but none of the prequels...

Texansfan05
I still think it has a shot at winning score, sound, sound editing, and visual effects. I think it can get nominated for editing, and Costume design, and although I doubt this will happen a outside shot at an Ian Mcdiarmid nomination.

tlbauerle
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
I hated some of the editing... Ben Burtt should stick to sound...B]

Damn it!! I know! And Lucas was an editor first!!! The editing has sucked on these prequels.

andres31
Ian mcdiarmid should be nominated, special effects and sound must be winning without a doubt.

Robin Darkside
I would give Ian McDiarmid(Palpatine) best actor
Will definetly get best visuals and sound, All the episodes of starwars gets those

DeVi| D0do
no they don't... neither of the other prequels won any oscars...

don't be surprised if this one doesn't either...

Texansfan05
I was dissapointed episode's 1 and 2 didn't win any awards. I hope ROTS will at least win something I thought it was great and it should win an oscar.

mtryder
Whether you liked it or not (the movie), Ian McDiarmid did an amazing job. And really, in this down year, who has done a better job in a supporting role? I really think he has a good shot.

HAROLD
The visual effects were incredible. Yoda was pretty much equivalent to Gollum in this film.

Bardock42
Now I don't have a clue how the hell the oscars work ...but Ewan Mc Gregor is just great....and the music is too...although a lot of it was done in the previous movies.

fini
OMG, ROTS to get acting nominations?? OMG people are SUCH IDIOTS. that kind of acting isn't even worthly of oscar nods. THey were OK, but not worth of a nomination.

Its gonna get Effects noms, but dont see much more than that.

Texansfan05
theoscarigloo.com has ROTS on it's don't count out list for Best Picture on it's predictions. Now I no It's almost impossible that this will happen but it's nice to see a Oscar prediction site having ROTS listed as a Best Picture possibility.

Morning_Glory
the movie might get nominated for something but doubt it would win anything

tlbauerle
theoscarigloo.com has ROTS on it's don't count out list for Best Picture on it's predictions. Now I no It's almost impossible that this will happen but it's nice to see a Oscar prediction site having ROTS listed as a Best Picture possibility.

w00t?

Best picture....excuse me....I'll sell my left nut on eBay before that happens.

astrofan428
w00t?

Best picture....excuse me....I'll sell my left nut on eBay before that happens.

What is the starting bid? I am a collector. stick out tongue

tlbauerle
$0.00

But it will have a high reserve!!

Texansfan05
Hey man I'm not predicting it will happen I'm just reporting something I found. I'd bet money ROTS won't get nominated for Best Picture.

tlbauerle
Hey man I'm not predicting it will happen I'm just reporting something I found. I'd bet money ROTS won't get nominated for Best Picture.

I know...

but I'm just saying that site sounds about as reliable as supershadow.

(g00ns.com f-ing owns him.)

Robin Darkside
The more people talk about Oscar chances, the less likely it will happen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.