Do you agree with this article?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WindDancer
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/7803983/

What do you guys think? Will Episode III answer all this questions?

astrofan428
Not all of them.

Anakin's ambitions will be though.

Jedi Priestess
We need an I dont care option cause...well...I dont care, Imma love it anyway. laughing out loud

smoker4
I dont think many of them will be answered sad

Knowone
Originally posted by smoker4
I dont think many of them will be answered sad

thats every true ^^^^

Alliance
most of his questions come from fundamental misunderstandings of the movies...liek the whol Queen Naboo thing....The Quen is in change of the planet, the Senator is the diplomat to the Republic. The Senator can infer the wishes of the Republic to the Queen and can represent her, but the senator is not in control of the planet. Simple. Just like countries and the UN, although the UN is not a strong politically as the Republic.

WindDancer
I do think that #2 will most likely be answer. And I kinda agree with the "The timeline of the twins' birth, separation and concealment is essential." comment.

LightSaber_Part
Originally posted by WindDancer
I do think that #2 will most likely be answer. And I kinda agree with the "The timeline of the twins' birth, separation and concealment is essential." comment.
I know what you mean.

I think that some/most of these questions will be answered

smoker4
Not according to the novel smokin'

mossman
Well, I read about this far:

1) Leia. Yes, she kicked butt, but you get the sense George Lucas never quite knew what he wanted to do with her.

... and realised this was a diabolically ignorant article, mercifully untouched by the ravages of the facts.

The Princess originally had a far larger role in early drafts of the script.
At one stage, she was described as "a beautiful young girl of 16, with untapped psychic powers of Godess-like force."
In fact, at the end of that particular treatment, she revealled herself to, literally, be a "goddess" during the end ceremony, leaving the band of "teenage rebels" realising that they had been "adventuring with demigods."

The sad fact is, Lucas was far to trusting of the opinions of his friends and mentors.
Francis Ford Coppola almost convinced Lucas to reduce Leia's role to mere sexual interest, while, at one stage, Lucas dropped the Princess altogether after feedback to his early drafts.
Ultimately, the importance of the Princess was reduced with each script revision.

So to suggest that Lucas simply didn't know what to do with her is short-sighted - at one point she was the focus of the entire script.

I'm with our very own Princess there - bring on the "I don't care" option...

smile

LightSaber_Part
OK, Fine!!!
stick out tongue

mossman
But, since you ask - IMO, everything will be answered...

Unless you are actively looking for problems.
Look for something hard enough, and you will see it.

1) That's just dumb, for the reasons given above.
2) Above the first Death Star.
3) The shroud of the Dark Side has fallen. Evil is everywhere, as the opening crawl states.
4) Vader's intentions are revealled in ROTS, along with why they are put on ice for 20 years.
5) The trials are explained in ROTJ - they are personal goals.
6) The Council does not know Jedi can turn bad. They still attribute Jedi sensibilities to Dooku - that is made clear in AOTC.
7) Yoda - "My failure, this was." The Jedi have a new agenda after ROTS thanks to QGJ.
8) See above.
9) We know all we need to know about Yoda. This is the fall and rise of Anakin Skywalker, not Yoda's Excellent Adventure.
10) It is an energy filed created by all living things. That'll do for me.

Lord Tyrant
hmmmm.

bill9d9
I agree with some points, disagree with others. It is pretty obvious the author of this article has not read the novel, though.

darthmaul1
Vader finds out about Luke in ANH when he is about to shoot him, The Force is strong with this one.
Then he is going to use luke to overthrow the emperor so Vader can be incharge, he just plays stupid when the emperor questions him in ESB cause he is already looking for him at the begining of ESB as the scroll indicates

WindDancer
Originally posted by mossman
But, since you ask - IMO, everything will be answered...

Unless you are actively looking for problems.
Look for something hard enough, and you will see it.

1) That's just dumb, for the reasons given above.
2) Above the first Death Star.
3) The shroud of the Dark Side has fallen. Evil is everywhere, as the opening crawl states.
4) Vader's intentions are revealled in ROTS, along with why they are put on ice for 20 years.
5) The trials are explained in ROTJ - they are personal goals.
6) The Council does not know Jedi can turn bad. They still attribute Jedi sensibilities to Dooku - that is made clear in AOTC.
7) Yoda - "My failure, this was." The Jedi have a new agenda after ROTS thanks to QGJ.
8) See above.
9) We know all we need to know about Yoda. This is the fall and rise of Anakin Skywalker, not Yoda's Excellent Adventure.
10) It is an energy filed created by all living things. That'll do for me.

I like your answers and the way you explain them. But don't you feel that #10 needs to be a little more detail? I've always have consider The force to be very important in the SW Universe. So important that it becomes a character itself. And just like any other SW character it deserves to have an origin and explanation....of course not trying to dig too deep into it.

Jedi Priestess
Now see tho, doesnt analyzing the movie this much ruin it for you guys? Seriously? I just watch them for the "fun" and hell with all the plot holes etc etc.

And why do people keep calling me "princess"? confused

yodafan
We should call you Jade, that is Mara Jade in your Avatar right?

mossman
Originally posted by WindDancer
I like your answers and the way you explain them. But don't you feel that #10 needs to be a little more detail? I've always have consider The force to be very important in the SW Universe. So important that it becomes a character itself. And just like any other SW character it deserves to have an origin and explanation....of course not trying to dig too deep into it.

Hmm...
But how do you explain any faith?
Do you believe you have a soul, and if you do, could you explain what it is and where you keep it?

Originally posted by Jedi Priestess

And why do people keep calling me "princess"? confused

I'm from the UK.
And you're a lady.
Alright, darlin'.
'Owdo, Princess.
Just a term of address...
stick out tongue
Okay, maybe we're just dyslexic...

macgeek2005
Princess Leia is Stupid. She is the worst character ever created in filmes.

Yes, Jar-Jar is stupid too, but at least he's not human, so it makes some sense.

For a human to be as weird, and bizarre is Princess leia is just Wrong.

She's snobby, and arrogant, and stupid, and insulting, and as the daughter of Padme, and Anakin, George lucas will have to digitally put someone else in her place, and change her voice.

AHHHH, I scream, just imagining her saying "I don't know what your talking about" to vader at the beginning of ANH.

****, IS SO RETARDED.

yodafan
Originally posted by macgeek2005

Yes, Jar-Jar is stupid too, but at least he's not human, so it makes some sense.

She's snobby, and arrogant, and stupid, and insulting, and as the daughter of Padme, and Anakin, George lucas will have to digitally put someone else in her place, and change her voice.

AHHHH, I scream, just imagining her saying "I don't know what your talking about" to vader at the beginning of ANH.

****, IS SO RETARDED.

WHAT!? Your crazy... Leia is great in the movies mad

kiadimundijedi
This article blows

((The_Anomaly))
i think that these questions are for the most part, just dumb...
again, people thinking too much about stuff
1) who cares, it just worked out that Luke was the one they trained..
2) WHO CARES! vader when he meets luke would know for sure he's his son if he didnt know already...and not to mention this is not even that important a question.
3) This is just a retarded notion...im sorry, the politics work just fine, naboo elects queens rather then a president or whatever, not important are the titles given to a planets leaders. and in order to be in the republic u must appoint a senator to the senate, pretty self explanatory. as for the wise cracks at the "democracy" stuff, lucas is telling a rendition of Hitlers move to power since him and palpatine do it almost the same, the people are scared nd believe that palpatine can save them and are willing to give up democracy to be saved and feel secure.
4) the sith are just evil, the jedi are not, they dont like the jedi because...there opposites. and if you want to include EU then its all there, but as for the movies, sure a little explanation on what the jedi did would be good, but i dont think its THAT necessary to the story.
5) im sorry, is this guy an idiot, u'd think after watching the films he'd get the general idea that the sith apprentice ALWAYS wants to overthrow his master to become the master, this is exactly what vader is trying to do.
6) Not important whatsoever. the trials are best left a mystery. but as someone said, it would be best to think of them as overcoming ur fears or personal trials.
7) this is also dumb, jedi are not gods, they dont know everything. yes, they were clouded by the darkside, and no sifo dyas did not make the order for the clone army, its obvious that dooku did. "call all the jedi and dress them down?" is this guy a moron, if it were that easy then obi wan could have just said to anakin "i dont like how ur arrogant and whatnot, so please stop" people dont just lose thier arrogance by talking to them...
8) human emotion is a part of jedi's life, the point of being a jedi is not to be like a vulcan on star trek, its to understand these emotions and take them and deal with them in a "jedi" way, meaning not to go around and kill stuff...jedi who fail to understand emotions often turn to the darkside. yet another stupid question by a stupid person if u ask me.
9) this is just dumb, i agree, we dont need to know any more about yoda, this is just the most useless point in the entire article. as said "this is not the adventures of yoda"
10) the force is an energy field created by all living things, it surrounds and binds the galaxy together. people are able to feel the force through mediclorians....i think this question is almost as dumb as the yoda one, it requires a little IMAGINATION....lucas dosent want to explain everything about the force...its better to have a little mystery to it, its what makes the force special.

yet again this is just a stupid idiot wanting answers to every conceivable thing he can think of, something thats not possible to do...

he needs to get out of his basement and go get a girlfriend...or at least a life, star wars is not real and everything dosent have to be explained, case closed.

BrianWilsonJedi
Did someone pay that guy to write that crap ?

smoker4

****, IS SO RETARDED.

I love you laughing out loud

mossman
Good to see another Wilson fan on the boards, BrianWilsonJedi.

Nice sig too.
I once heard a bootleg of Dennis Wilson singing a cover version of The Beatle's You've Got to Hide Your Love Away.... of course he sand "You've Got to Hide MIKE Love Away".

Pet Sounds - best album ever...

bILLYgOAT

I bet her spelling is better than yours embarrasment

WindDancer
Originally posted by mossman
Hmm...
But how do you explain any faith?
Do you believe you have a soul, and if you do, could you explain what it is and where you keep it?

Faith is hard to explain yes I'll give you that one. But in the case of the force is rather different. The force (from my point of view) is rather spiritual energy like Chi and can be learn only through hard training and discipline. This of course is obvious in the all the films thanks to the Jedi learning. But the trivial problem here is how can dark powers have manipulate the force? And how have the Sith come to understand the powers of the force. Again, I don't want to make this a more harder and deeper philosophical discussion. But I would like the film to touch on that subject of the Sith and the Force.

koolruningz
Im not sure how Vader would know Leia is his daughter if she doesnt know herself. I know it happens with Luke but i always thought that this has more to do with the fact that Luke goes by the name Skywalker and would be easily linked to Anakin by someone of Vaders intelligence, especially when he senses his power with the force. Thats always been my theory, but i dont mind being corrected if thats the case.

mossman

El_NINO
I dont think everything will be answered, For instance Anikin knows Padme is pregnant and when she dies he knows through the force but he cant sense the force bond with his children until Empire Strikes Back

DarthLazious
Not sure

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.