Why Prayers Aren't Answered.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

debbiejo
Been reading a new book, The Isaiah Effect. It discusses how the changes in editing the scriptures in the 4th century changed much of the meanings of what should of been conveyed. There were so many changes that whole ideas were lost, and until the Dead Sea Scrolls, historian and theologians were not aware of much of it. They knew they had been edited because the "whole" was found in the jars and scrolls.

One interesting thing that was found was about prayer...

The phrase: Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it to you.
Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask and ye shall receive, That your joy my be full.

Now..How times have we asked in prayer and we have not gotten it?
It seems that God does NOT answer most prayers...WHY?

The original re translation in Aramaic version:

All things that you ask straightly, directly...from inside my name, you will be given. So far you have not done this. Ask without hidden motive and be SURROUNDED BY YOUR ANSWER. Be enveloped by what you desire, that your gladness be full.

What the authors of the book has found doing much research is that the reason that our prayers aren't answered is because we are only speaking words that have no power..Looking at the original sources we are missing some aspects of prayer....in short, we need to speak it, feel its outcome with as many of our 5 senses as we can and accept that it has happened... For example, if you were going to pray for rain..You'd imagine what the rain feels like on your skin, what it smells like, what it feels like to walk in the muddy road, how the crops would grow with the rain, how the air would taste, and then thanks God for the opportunity of asking and believing it to be so....BTW, the rain story was confirmed and later that day, they did get rain in a long drought area...

And you never say things like. Please give me...You say instead...Thank you that I have...You state it as a fact and in the present that you already have it, and give thanks for it...

It's funny cause in metaphyicics it's called "The law of attraction"..You attract what you believe...If you believe you "don't have" then you'll attract the same...

finti
Why Prayers Aren't Answered Because it is a one way comunication

FeceMan
Sometimes the answer is just 'no'.

gp christ loves
some of the things we pray for one can be garantied that it would not be good
some of gods gratest gifts are unanswered prayers

PrinceofBlades
Prayers are answered, ALWAYS. But sometimes we don't get the answer we want, or hear the answer we recieve.

debbiejo
Originally posted by FeceMan
Sometimes the answer is just 'no'.

Then it seems that the answer is no alot! OR, we just aren't getting our questions through...And if so, we're not hearing the answers..It's not always a voice you no.

Echuu
Originally posted by finti
Why Prayers Aren't Answered Because it is a one way comunication

Plug in your phone

FeceMan
Originally posted by debbiejo
Then it seems that the answer is no alot! OR, we just aren't getting our questions through...And if so, we're not hearing the answers..It's not always a voice you no.
You forgot 'wait'.

debbiejo
And OK..wait, but you usually don't have to wait long...It's more important to LISTEN...It may be a conversation you over heard, something on the radio, something you've read, a dream, a friends words, a fragrance that brings back a memory, the thoughts that go through your head as you watch the trees sway...all are Gods words.

finti
laughing out loud laughing out loud yeah right no one at the receiving end

DarkCrawler
Because there is no one to hear them...

Jackie Malfoy
Been reading a new book, The Isaiah Effect. It discusses how the changes in editing the scriptures in the 4th century changed much of the meanings of what should of been conveyed. There were so many changes that whole ideas were lost, and until the Dead Sea Scrolls, historian and theologians were not aware of much of it. They knew they had been edited because the "whole" was found in the jars and scrolls.

One interesting thing that was found was about prayer...

The phrase: Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it to you.
Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask and ye shall receive, That your joy my be full.

Now..How times have we asked in prayer and we have not gotten it?
It seems that God does NOT answer most prayers...WHY?

The original re translation in Aramaic version:

All things that you ask straightly, directly...from inside my name, you will be given. So far you have not done this. Ask without hidden motive and be SURROUNDED BY YOUR ANSWER. Be enveloped by what you desire, that your gladness be full.

What the authors of the book has found doing much research is that the reason that our prayers aren't answered is because we are only speaking words that have no power..Looking at the original sources we are missing some aspects of prayer....in short, we need to speak it, feel its outcome with as many of our 5 senses as we can and accept that it has happened... For example, if you were going to pray for rain..You'd imagine what the rain feels like on your skin, what it smells like, what it feels like to walk in the muddy road, how the crops would grow with the rain, how the air would taste, and then thanks God for the opportunity of asking and believing it to be so....BTW, the rain story was confirmed and later that day, they did get rain in a long drought area...

And you never say things like. Please give me...You say instead...Thank you that I have...You state it as a fact and in the present that you already have it, and give thanks for it...

It's funny cause in metaphyicics it's called "The law of attraction"..You attract what you believe...If you believe you "don't have" then you'll attract the same...

And your point is?jm confused

debbiejo
My point is I just explained how to pray to get answers.. reading

big gay kirk
The main reason prayers aren't answered is, I believe, this.... the Judaeo-Christian god, far from being all powerful, is simply one of many palestinian deities.... as such, he has more power in his homeland than anywhere else.... a god's power is based on the number of believers, and the amount of actual belief each believer has in him/her.... as such, we find the Judaeo -Christian god stretched very thinly over a lot of half hearted "believers..." is it any wonder prayers aren't answered.... he even gave himself a get-out clause, when he promised Noah that he wouldn't interfere anymore.... our gods have never promised to anwser our prayers... they only do so if they think it in their best interest.... and they tend to favour people who don't ask them to sort stuff out, but try to do it themselves... but then our gods have never tried to claim omnipotence....

PrinceofBlades
laughing out loud laughing out loud yeah right

Yes, I am right. wink

Tex
God doesn't assume an active role in the daily mill of universal occurrences.

Laws and forces were designed and created to keep an evolving order and balance. So genius and intelligent god is that it created something that would live and adapt without any further personal interaction or input required of its creator.

Our minds cannot possibly fathom the actuality of that which is "god". I dont really think such an inhuman entity has any interest in our trivial human lives.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Tex
God doesn't assume an active role in the daily mill of universal occurrences.

Laws and forces were designed and created to keep an evolving order and balance. So genius and intelligent god is that it created something that would live and adapt without any further personal interaction or input required of its creator.

Our minds cannot possibly fathom the actuality of that which is "god". I dont really think such an inhuman entity has any interest in our trivial human lives.
Then what would be the point in creating us?

finti
who said we were created?

debbiejo
OK, then we evolved from a cosmic thought!

Tex
Then what would be the point in creating us?

You want to know what the meaning of life is. Dont we all.

finti
yeah cause the idea of evolving from a religious thought hold so much more ground roll eyes (sarcastic)

debbiejo
yeah

I knew you'd agree with me..

FeceMan
Originally posted by Tex
You want to know what the meaning of life is. Dont we all.
Forty-two, you dumbass.

Jedi_KnightAlly
lol... no 42 is the answer lol.

sonnet

I do agree with most you said. By thanking God for what you have asked and then visualising and speaking as if you have already received it you are honouring Gods promises by showing faith in his Word. God will honour you. The Scriptures also say " You do not receive because you pray incorrectly. When we ask something of God we must expect it to happen and not hope it will happen.

joeykangaroo
because there is nothing to answer your prayers, its a false hope.

sonnet
laughing out loud laughing out loud yeah right no one at the receiving end
You have to be plugged into God before you can receive anything!!!
Your phone is not the tool, prayer is and a sincere relationship with God.!!!

gp christ loves
good answer sonnet
the meaning of life is to find out the meaning of life
great know we really got a problem

sonnet
Originally posted by gp christ loves
good answer sonnet
the meaning of life is to find out the meaning of life
great know we really got a problem
Actually there is no problem. Once you have accepted Jesus as you saviour and start to study the word of God (Bible) and pray on a daily basis you will soon find the meaning of life and what God wants you to do with it. You need to have faith and trust God. smile

PrinceofBlades
Originally posted by sonnet
Actually there is no problem. Once you have accepted Jesus as you saviour and start to study the word of God (Bible) and pray on a daily basis you will soon find the meaning of life and what God wants you to do with it. You need to have faith and trust God. smile

So few people ever realize this concept, and even fewer people understand it.

"If yee be wise, than thou would seem to know thy God. But if thou are ignorant, would thou say God abandoned thee?"

Magee
Of course you are better than everyone because you worship "God" roll eyes (sarcastic)

FeceMan
Originally posted by Magee
Of course you are better than everyone because you worship "God" roll eyes (sarcastic)
Not better, but better OFF in the afterlife.

mr.smiley
imo,prayer always works better in groups.

lil bitchiness
Forty-two, you dumbass.

Dont call Tex a dumbass!

PrinceofBlades
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Dont call Tex a dumbass!

I know where this is going *goes and starts to warm up popcorn*

debbiejo

debbiejo
perhaps hiding within a chance remark heard while one is moving through the rushing people traffic walking along . .or crossing a street

...voices discussing an unrelated subject, into into the ear, in a familiar restaurant..from customers conversing in a nearby booth, bearing for the aware - and for the truly listening some unsuspected truth

sometimes, words dropped by a clerk, a waiter, a waitress - occasionaly a friend, a relative...an enmy..or a stranger.

These having no idea they are playing a cosmic part in the Synchronicity drama, never guessing they're being employed as channels for a message, symbolically relayed messages which, if no one is there, or sufficinetly aware to receive them remain as pieces of themselves, in the larger puzzle

let those whi have eyes - see
and let those who have ears - hear

if one opens the eyes, to truly see, and opens the ears, to truly hear, the messages coming through will be startingly clear.

Asking for signs:

If you have a question, or problem - say it out a few time in your head. I need to know about... or what is the meaning of . . . .. . ., Who Am I?

this is often enough to apparently 'set off' a series of events.

Ask angels, Spirit Guides, Ascended Masters, Nature Spirits, Animals to show you signs or clues of what step to take next.

big grin TRY IT.
You might overhear a conversation, or a key word, or key phrase as your doing your shopping, or sitting in a food / drink outlet.
Number plates
Billboard Posters
Stickers in Windows
Tunes on the radio - lyrics symbolize
You say a word or phrase and at exactly the same time here it the TV
The TV can answer questions for you..,often Ali askes me a question and I answer, making perfect sense, using the words that came up on TV in that instant.
Dreams
People ringing as thinking of them
Bumping into people
keep a journal
do meditation exercises

sonnet

The Bible says that it is fools who search for signs to to hear God's voice. Our Spirit nows when God is speaking. If you are unsure then you do not know how to listen yet. You learn to listen and be sure when it is God who has spoken or not by studying the Word of God so that you can know the will of God. God does not act contrary to his Word or His will.

debbiejo
God works in mysterious ways...And can speak in anyway He choses..

finti
god sure cant speak my way

FeceMan
It's difficult to hear when one's ears are closed.

debbiejo

He/It..Whatever, is already speaking, you just chose not to listen, or figure He only speaks the way the church says He does.

Infact the way the church has it, it seems like He never answers like that. No wonder people don't/can't hear!

Bill Gates
man you guys are retards

finti
it is dificult to hear when nothing is said

would be the perfect company for you then

nonsense in other words

mr.smiley
where you born not knowing who your dad was or something?

finti
refering to whom?

sonnet
Originally posted by Bill Gates

Bill,

If you don't like us pleas leave us alone.

debbiejo
Bill...medication does wonders...did you forget yours?

PrinceofBlades
Bill...medication does wonders...did you forget yours?

*The sound of applaudes echo in the distance*

FeceMan
And yet speech is only one form of communication.

ushomefree
God is NOT a genie, and does not live in a bottle or lamp. Most prayer directed towards God is unnecessary. People can help themselves, and life goes on. Despite everything I've stated, God does answer prayer that meets specific criteria. For example (and this is extreme) an Atheist may have a difficult time having prayer answered. And, even the nature of your prayer dictates the outcome and so on. If God answered ALL prayer, nobody would have to work, people would drive their favorite sports car, nobody would die and the list goes on. It's important to pray daily, but when it comes to favors (for lack of a better word) chose them wisely. God is NOT a genie.

finti
whatever

Storm
I see prayer as a personal moment between man and god. An attempt to communicate with your spiritual source. God should not be alerted to the needs of people, or begged, coaxed and pleaded with. What sort of god would only condescend to interfere if and when enough people asked hard enough...
I don' t belief prayer is intended to affect reality itself. I don' t see it as a first aid kit.

debbiejo
I believe God has set into motion provisions for our needs that is ever changing...Prayers are always being answered. I just had one answered today. It came in the form of a neighbor which confirmed words on a broacher I saw yesterday...Same message. Different source. You need to listen....

Meditation is a wonderful way to connect to the source of all creating. Nature also..

darktim1
God does answer prayers when you say a prayer it just does'nt go and disappear it goes into golden vials in gods thrown room and when he gets to them he does I'm not lying so if think I don't know what I'm talking about your wrong .And when jesus comes back all viles will be open because they will all be in heaven.Plus a lady died and said lord please make my sons come to you well she died and they came to the lord one year after they died.

PrinceofBlades
God answers all prayer in congruency to hie will. Prayers such as "Can I live forever?" "Can I have..." "I want..." are sometimes answered, but on God's time.

"Unanswered prayers are themselves answered."

finti
god answers nothing

XxoooxX
Prayers are answered, ALWAYS. But sometimes we don't get the answer we want, or hear the answer we recieve.

THAT IS JUST A STUPID EXCUSE. ALONG WITH ALL THE OTHER EXCUSES THE CRISTANS MAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaggy2dope
easiest question ever God isn't real

sonnet
god answers nothing

Maybe not for you yet. God has answered many peoples prayers but you need to believe in God first. Yes there are prayers that are not answered and mostly it is not due to some unexplained circumstance or excuse. In the Bible God teaches us how to pray and also tells us that we can ask for anything according to His will. This we also have knowledge of thanks to the Bible. Paul a apostle also wrote to the Christians telling them that they do not receive when they ask of the Father because they don't know how to pray. But you also have to have faith.

sonnet
Originally posted by Shaggy2dope
easiest question ever God isn't real

So what you are telling us is that you are omnipresent and have total knowledge of the whole universe to make that statement that God does not exist. Sorry but there are no one who can make such a claim.

sonnet
Originally posted by PrinceofBlades
God answers all prayer in congruency to hie will. Prayers such as "Can I live forever?" "Can I have..." "I want..." are sometimes answered, but on God's time.

"Unanswered prayers are themselves answered."

You have probably mentioned the most important aspect of prayer and that is that all happens on God's time.

Storm
So what you are telling us is that you are omnipresent and have total knowledge of the whole universe to make that statement that God does not exist. Sorry but there are no one who can make such a claim.
Just like there is no one who can make the claim that god does exist.

finti
indeed

PrinceofBlades
Originally posted by Storm

If God doesn't exsist, then where did we come from?

Adam_PoE
If God doesn't exsist, then where did we come from?

Natural processes.

PrinceofBlades
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Natural processes.

What started these natural processes?

finti
natural processes

where did god come form

PrinceofBlades
natural processes

What started those natural processes?

It is easier to believe through faith, that God has no beginning and thus no end, than logically trying to prove a beginning to science.

finti
natural processes, it has always been there. Just using the same lame argument as a god that has no begining and no end

easier doesnt make it correct , and the way to escape the logical aspects of it just show how shaky that faith really is

PrinceofBlades
natural processes, it has always been there. Just using the same lame argument as a god that has no begining and no end

Logically it's lame, but religiously it is acceptable. Because with religion, "leaps of faith" are made to believe a truth.

it only shakes if your rocking it.

Storm
It is easier to believe through faith, that God has no beginning and thus no end, than logically trying to prove a beginning to science.
Easier it is indeed. Faith is belief in something in the absence of supporting evidence.

PrinceofBlades
Easier it is indeed. Faith is belief in something in the absence of supporting evidence.

Yes, that means I was right! Sweet victory...
(I know I shouldn't start rejoicing because finiti is going to come in an crash my party. But that should be all the reason to party, right?)

debbiejo
Why does eveything have to be so cut and dry? Natural processes and God can go together. Naturally. cool

Storm
Yes, that means I was right! Sweet victory...
(I know I shouldn't start rejoicing because finiti is going to come in an crash my party. But that should be all the reason to party, right?)
Then how can you state as a fact that god, if he/she/it already exists, has no beginnnig and no end?

PrinceofBlades
Then how can you state as a fact that god, if he/she/it already exists, has no beginnnig and no end?

What I meant is enjoying the fact that some one here actually agrees than fight about the smallest detail. The enjoyment will end when finiti will come back and start debating again.

Storm
I perfectly understood what you were saying.

I' ll repeat my question. You agreed that faith is belief in something in the absence of supporting evidence. Then how can you state as a fact that god, if he/she/it already exists, has no beginning and no end?

finti
because they limited their ways to acknowledge the simple way out

PrinceofBlades
because they limited their ways to acknowledge the simple way out

As opposed to killing yourself making an idea more complicated than it already is.

debbiejo
If God is truly all powerful and indescribable and all in all, then He is in no need of anything. He is complete, so we don't need to make him happy, or feel loved, or feel worthy, or boost his ego with worship really, cause he is already complete as is. That's what a God is. The church has made god less then what he is by saying he needs this or that or else. The church gave him human qualities and emotions..God is a thing...a really big all encompassing thing...It/He doesn't have negative human emotions.

God is like an invisible fog that's everywhere and inbetween everywhere

finti
and this is contributing to the debate how?

Storm
God is like an invisible fog that's everywhere and inbetween everywhere
A being who has no body and is not in any way constructed from matter or energy, incorporeal?

sonnet

God does exist, thats for sure. We can see it in the creation and the Grand Design of all things. And most importantly Gods existence is confirmed in one's spirit.

finti
prove it then, and dont use this sorry excuse of a book called tha bible as proof. Cause the bible is as valuable source as a hooker with a bad conscience

and hen there is la la land

debbiejo
A being who has no body and is not in any way constructed from matter or energy, incorporeal?

He/It has no body, but is full of conscious thought and energy. Some type of Entity that is apart of everything including ourselves and apart of the invisible....Quantum scientists have been discussing this theory and working with it.

Storm
How can immaterial mind affect or change matter in any way?

debbiejo
It comes down to what everything is made of. Scientists have found that the sub atomic particles act in an intelligent way, not random. They have been able to measure these particles in thoughts, which are invisible. They have found that solid objects are just a denser form of these particles, but that everything is made of them including the invisible space between everything. Everything is connected.There have been many experiments recorded in this new field. IT is apart of everything and everything is apart of IT. We and everything else are really ONE huge organism...

Storm
Thoughts, objects, ... are related to matter.

debbiejo
Yes, at a sub atomic level. All equals energy.

sonnet
prove it then, and dont use this sorry excuse of a book called tha bible as proof. Cause the bible is as valuable source as a hooker with a bad conscience

and hen there is la la land

You are being a absolute *******. I guess even you should be aloud to share your OPINION.

Storm
The burden of proof always lies with the person who is making a claim, not the person who is hearing the claim and who may not initially believe it. In practice, then, this means that the initial burden of proof lies with the theist, not with the atheist. Both the atheist and the theist probably agree on a great many things, but it is the theist who asserts the further belief in the existence of a god.
If a claimant cannot provide that support, then the default position of disbelief is justified.

Though finti could have expressed himself in less colourful terms.

PrinceofBlades
You are being a absolute *******. I guess even you should be aloud to share your OPINION.

Do not reduce yourself to such manner of discussion. It does not move finiti, and it further proves his point. You must always remain calm in conversations with finiti, for such manners of weakness are quickly exploited in his game...

finti
now where is the fun in that cool

Storm
I take pleasure/fun in other things swank stick out tongue

Adam_PoE

Interestingly, this principle is common to Wicca as well. When one casts a spell, he must state his petition and then affirm that it has been granted. If one was to state, "I want money," he would only increase his desire for money. Instead, he should state, "I want money and I have money now."

PrinceofBlades
Interestingly, this principle is common to Wicca as well. When one casts a spell, he must state his petition and then affirm that it has been granted. If one was to state, "I want money," he would only increase his desire for money. Instead, he should state, "I want money and I have money now."

Not exactly what we do. We ask, "Lord if it be your will, could I have this...", and when we give thanks it, "We give you thanks..." or "thank you God for...". And that's it...

debbiejo

Well if it works, go for it I say. Nothing wrong with believing that it will be.

darktim1
Yeah I've seen someone who sowed 100 dollars in church service and then year they recieved a check for 10000 dollars.

Adam_PoE
Not exactly what we do. We ask, "Lord if it be your will, could I have this...", and when we give thanks it, "We give you thanks..." or "thank you God for...". And that's it...

My post is in response to the initial post by debbiejo, hence why it was quoted. I was not necessarily referring to the practices of your particular faith. smile

sonnet
Do not reduce yourself to such manner of discussion. It does not move finiti, and it further proves his point. You must always remain calm in conversations with finiti, for such manners of weakness are quickly exploited in his game...

Thank you for understanding. although I have not been here long I should know his tactics by now. My reply was in a moment of absolute weakness. embarrasment

sonnet
now where is the fun in that cool

Hi Finti,

Live is great in Lala land! How are you doing over there. big grin

PrinceofBlades
My post is in response to the initial post by debbiejo, hence why it was quoted. I was not necessarily referring to the practices of your particular faith. smile

Sorry "my bad"...

PrinceofBlades
Thank you for understanding. although I have not been here long I should know his tactics by now. My reply was in a moment of absolute weakness. embarrasment

Such signs are signs of a healthy mind. I would worry if you didn't have some explosions no and then...

PrinceofBlades
Hi Finti,

Live is great in Lala land! How are you doing over there. big grin

Reality is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

finti
Live or Life? cause Live (pronounced Liveh) is the name of my daughter so this kind of got me a bit confused, and I am doing swell over here

fruits
prayers are answered. they just take a long time. and some prayers cant be answered. like if you pray you could the president, or that backstabbing friend of yours would die, god isnt gonna answer these kind of prayers. but tings like i hope i do good in my play, or i hope i get the part, hell answer those. that doesnt necessarily mean they'll come true, it means that he'll answer them, that could be you dont get the part cuz you werent meant to, there's bigger and better things out there for you. and another thing, its so stupid when people think they didnt do good in their dance because they forgot to pray for it, but your always praying. whether your kneeling in church head bowed and hands clasped, or your just standing their 5 seconds before you do something and you say god, please let me do good, same thing.

debbiejo
My prayers are answered more now then when I was waiting the conventional way. Prayer for me is mainly just getting a good connection and listening.

finti
yeah right roll eyes (sarcastic)

debbiejo
Healings from all over the world from different beliefs can be immediate. It's the connection that counts and the belief.

sonnet
Live or Life? cause Live (pronounced Liveh) is the name of my daughter so this kind of got me a bit confused, and I am doing swell over here
I meant life... Beautiful name your daughter have, does it have a meaning? My daughter's name is Natasja.

finti
Live is the norse version of Liv and it means life or guarded

PrinceofBlades
Right, and they are related to the topic....how?

finti
how is this realted to the topic?

PrinceofBlades
It's trying to find the dead bodies in the debris...

finti
goonie go goo

PrinceofBlades
Pacifier...

debbiejo
blink

finti
only at night time

debbiejo
Well, back to the topic...Prayers are answered if you listen...It may come from symbols, coincidences, overheard conversations...nature...

finti
so if one pray and thunder are heard, is that god farting

debbiejo
Maybe.....But God doesn't have a butt.

sonnet
Right, and they are related to the topic....how?

Not related at all but we are just having a bit of conversation here. angel

finti
good for him, i kick him in the nuts then

debbiejo
Errr....Sorry, doesn't have them either..

Oh...Just admit it thunder is just God having sex....But..no,...he can't do that either.. big grin

That is why he made people....He lives through our experiences.

finti
yes he does, where do you think they got the idea for church bells from

debbiejo
yes he does, where do you think they got the idea for church bells from

laughing

You're killin me...Stop...NO...don't

PrinceofBlades
Wait, I don't get the church bells....

blackhat
Interesting story.
Thinking about the rain part, I would imagine that everyday someone was praying for rain, so when it did, who ever prayed felt the prayer was answered.
What happens if a person is praying for rain the way described, and at the same time, someone else is praying for sun the same way, and it was suny all day. The sun prayer was answered and the rain prayer not? Or was it just a sunny day.

I'm not saying prayers aren't answered, but it's really quite dificult to show that they are.

I know many people that pray every day, praying for others more than themselves. When they are not answered, well God has a different plan.
When what they prayed for comes true, God answered the prayer.
To believe that to be true takes some strong faith. You can hardly blame some for not believing though.

To believe or not to believe...

maham

exactly

n even if it doesn't it mite just b good fr us like u'v missed a very imp fite n then the next thin u kno is that the plane crashes n even if that doesn't happen well just try to find out the good thin in it n move on

Mindship
As Doug Heffernen so eloquently put it (or something to this effect): "God isn't your personal genie."

debbiejo
Prayer don't work that way.....Not the begging, and pleading thing. If you're gonna be in the state of "Wanting" then you'll always want. The universe will give you just that...

Mindship
If you're gonna be in the state of "Wanting" then you'll always want. The universe will give you just that...

Also eloquently put. angel

Shakyamunison
Prayer don't work that way.....Not the begging, and pleading thing. If you're gonna be in the state of "Wanting" then you'll always want. The universe will give you just that...

The universe waits for you. wink

mysterio69
well, when i was a little kid, i used to pray that my arch-nemesis in 3rd grade was killed in a car accident. i don't think that if god is sitting up there taking requests, that he's gonna take that one. the little bastard ended up drowning a few years later, but i don't think i had anything to do with it.

debbiejo
You didn't..........Though I have found if you truly focus yourself on having your desire, chances are higher that it may happen...Though there is that free will thing that comes into play....You cannot truly manipulate anybody else..

JacopeX
The answer will probably be right infront of ya, or youll get youre answer from wuts goin on in life. Thats how it is. You cant see god becuz if you do, you die. In the bible, god had to be a bush to talk to moses so he wont die. Anyways, when ever i pray for somethin to happen, things end up good for me becuz i belive alot. Jackasses are all tryin to prove that wrong by bein retards and sayin "oh lord, give me an answer" and in a couple of mins there like "Ooops no answer, no god HAHAHAHA". You need to be patient becuz what god wants you to have is patience.

leonheartmm
ur just lookin for answers that dont exist jacopex

JacopeX
No, im sayin wut i belive accordin to my catholic religion.

Shakyamunison
All of us are filled with dilution. We cannot see or understand the true reality of nature and God. If we pray for good, good will come, but if we pray for poison will we receive poison? Some do, but when you chant Nam Myoho Renge Kyo you vibrate with the true nature of reality, or when you pray to God you open yourself up to the quiet voice within us all. If your intentions are good and free of evil, but you pray for poison do to the dilution of your life, you will not receive poison; you will receive something even greater, clarity. So, if your prayer is not answered, perhaps you have missed the answer. If you pray for that new car, but you never receive it, perhaps the new car would have been poison in your life.

debbiejo
I believe if you align yourself with good, you draw that to you, just as if you align yourself with the negative or evil, you will also draw that you yourself......Like the old saying "What goes around, comes around."...Or "Sowing and Reaping."
To access either brings it to you.

Shakyamunison
I believe if you align yourself with good, you draw that to you, just as if you align yourself with the negative or evil, you will also draw that you yourself......Like the old saying "What goes around, comes around."...Or "Sowing and Reaping."
To access either brings it to you.

But what if your prayer is not answered?

debbiejo
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
But what if your prayer is not answered? Depends what you are praying for. If you're attempting to manipulate an individuals free will, then I believe it's not really in your hands. Though I believe there are bigger paths that we must travel, that we may not be conscious of, if that makes since. I believe a person can create their destiny to some point, but not always choice the players, though we may like to.

leonheartmm
prayers arent answered because god HATES you.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by leonheartmm
prayers arent answered because god HATES you.

And saying so makes it true.

debbiejo
prayers arent answered because god HATES you. No...god said I was his fav... cool

leonheartmm
well he certainly hates me.

waiting4trotk
God answers his prayer I believe. Sometimes its YES, other times its NO and other times its WAIT. But really.. if u dont have a relationship with him and r used to hearing his voice.. you dont really hear the answers.
u cant (well.. you can literaly) just randomly go and say "God... help me pass this test" when you wouldnt speak 2 him otherwise... anyways. thats my take.

debbiejo
well he certainly hates me. Yeah, well we all think that, but it's not an entity that hates us, it would beyond that. I believe it's generally us condemning/judging ourselves, or listening tooo much to others.........putting ourselves in hell.

leonheartmm
Yeah, well we all think that, but it's not an entity that hates us, it would beyond that. I believe it's generally us condemning/judging ourselves, or listening tooo much to others.........putting ourselves in hell.

trust me, he HATES me. specially right now.

debbiejo
trust me, he HATES me. specially right now. blink

But I don't hate you.......

OK, lets say as an example I want to sell my car....I can put out intentions of it being sold, and get many people interested in it, BUT, if I want a certain individual to buy it, then it is going to run up against their freewill, if it is not their intention to buy it...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>