Was Darth Bane Sidious' master? (spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DaRtH_mCnAztY
i herd that the force power to keep someone from dying was taught by Bane and him and him only was the one who could use such a power. But Sidious as an apprentice killed his master and took the force power for himself. And in e3 he tells Anakin this story and trys to teach him this "power" to save padme from dying but fails to save her and she dies. Does anyone know anything about this???

star22
That is what Palp said, except that his master is Darth Plaugius. He ways lying at least about the ability to keep one from dying thing.

Darth Bane was the first sith.

DaRtH_mCnAztY
oh my mistake, thakz for the correction

DaRtH_mCnAztY
i got the 2names mixed up, because there was a rumor that before Sid and Vader take over the sith council(consisting of the recently diseased Darth Tyrannus, Jedi turned Darth Jade or Xio Jade, Cloned Darth Maul and a few other new ones) to become an Emporor ruled universe when they come in to kill the sith, the oldest of all the sith emerges from the back of the room and everyone is shocked, even Sid. What they saw before them was (not a clone but the real) Darth Bane "the first sith". He who was in hidding until he saw the destruction of the jedi order. Bane already knew vader and sidious were going to kill every1.

And i kno its alot but i thought u would want to know

star22
No problem. Welcome to the forums. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

DaRtH_mCnAztY
thad be so cool if it was in the movie

DaRtH_mCnAztY
thank you, big grin

star22
That rumor isn't true. It may be from some comic or something, but it isn't really canon.

DaRtH_mCnAztY
ya, ur probaly right becasue we all know maul inst in ep3 right?

star22
Nope. He is not.
There are quite a few of AU comics out there. It might be one of those.

DaRtH_mCnAztY
and even that, this sounds too farfetched to be true..... although it would be very interesting to see Bane after 10,000+ years, and we thought yoda was old. But what if bane was in ROTS, hes like the alter Yoda, Yoda: light side of the force
Bane: Equal in Dark side knowledge

who knows, but if that were so there wouldnt be a fight scene in the end of ROTS with Yoda vs. Sid, it would be Yoda vs. Bane. Thad be sick.

star22
Ya. Yoda vs. Sid is going to be great.

DaRtH_mCnAztY
be when u think about and about the whole star wars universe, Yoda's story is very simular to Bane's. After the jedi were overthrown by the sith yoda hid in secrecy where he met Luke Sky in that Jugle in Empire stikes Back. And in the story that i told u Bane is in hiding because his Sith were overthrown by the jedi and at one point they both come out of hiding to accomplish their unresulved deeds

DaRtH_mCnAztY
ya that fight is going to be grat but i hope that yodas' fight sequesce is more drematic than it was in Aot.....were in that case it was rather funny, watching the little green grmlin attack the old Dooku.

star22
That's called no one is as creative as Lucus.

DaRtH_mCnAztY
id rather it be Bane rather than Sidious, tho it would just be so much more meaningful with the way their stories fll into place, u know

DaRtH_mCnAztY
ya watever, i know a lot of people that are creative in their own certain ways and lucas has his own aswell

star22
I suppose. I just love Sidious. He is my alltime favorite SW character. I think that he is much more brilliant than Bane.

Besides, Bane isn't really canon, since he isn't in the movies.

Torik_Shai
Originally posted by star22
That is what Palp said, except that his master is Darth Plaugius. He ways lying at least about the ability to keep one from dying thing.

Not quite. By Bane's time, the Sith had already been in existence for a few millennia. Bane was just the first Sith Lord to establish the "Rule of Two" precedent.

Batman316
wacko

doctor

thejeditraitor
sorry but that crap you posted was from SUPERSHADOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HE IS THE BIGGEST SACK OF CRAP! NEVER SPEAK OF THAT AGAIN.

DaRtH_mCnAztY
oh really?

StaR_WarS_4LiFE

Batman316

lourock
Originally posted by star22

Bane wasnt the first Sith Lord. He was the first to start the rule about there can only be two Sith at a time.

Torik_Shai
Originally posted by lourock
Bane wasnt the first Sith Lord. He was the first to start the rule about there can only be two Sith at a time.

Yep, that's what I said.

Captain REX
This is extra special.

Darth Bane was the first Sith Lord to establish the Rule of Two, but not the first Sith Lord ever. We don't even know who that is, though we know the first Dark Jedi was Xendor, a fallen Knight.

Bane is not Sidious' master. Sidious' master was Darth Plagueis, or so we've heard from the spoilers.

umraan
"Darth Bane was the first sith."

no he wasnt!!!! there were sith like thousands of years before him. marka ragnos for one!

Lazerlike42
Originally posted by Captain REX
This is extra special.

Darth Bane was the first Sith Lord to establish the Rule of Two, but not the first Sith Lord ever. We don't even know who that is, though we know the first Dark Jedi was Xendor, a fallen Knight.

Bane is not Sidious' master. Sidious' master was Darth Plagueis, or so we've heard from the spoilers.

absolutely correct

ChristianRocker
Can someone plz tell me who exaclty is Darth Bane is? Is he the one who palpitine was explaining to Anakin about he was the srongest sith and could prevent death?

mephistodesigns
No. Bane was an idea that Lucas toyed around with to throw in as Sith backstory but he hasn't actually used it on film. it is in all of the novelizations except AOTC as far as I know. Its covered in detail in the Dark Horse comic mini-series "Jedi vs. Sith". In the comic, which takes place a thousand years B4 the PT/OT, there are as many Sith as Jedi and they are in an all out war for supremecy. During the course of the war, one especially evil Sith, Darth Bane (the first Sith with the Darth title because its actually his first name: think Caesar the person which becomes Caesar the position to honor the original's greatness) figures out why the Sith can't win, they just can not work together when there are so many vying for power at once. So he does what must be done: Eliminates every single Sith. He wipes them all out. Then he takes a young jedi girl (really young, like 6 or 7yrs old) as his new Sith apprentice. Bane then creates the rule of "only two" sith at a time to cut down on in-fighting. Every Sith since then has taken the name "Darth" as a title, in tribute to Bane's greatness. Many believe that "they" (those who control the overall SW time line with books/games/comics/etc) should set the comic back a couple thousand years to after the KOTOR comics and before the KOTOR games, as the Sith in the KOTOR comics don't use the Darth title and the KOTOR game Sith DO use the title since they are post Bane.

lourock
Originally posted by umraan
"Darth Bane was the first sith."

no he wasnt!!!! there were sith like thousands of years before him. marka ragnos for one!

marka ragnos, exar kun, freedon nadd, malak, revan, naga sadow, ulic-qel droma, etc. those are all the ones i remember...

mephistodesigns
yep, they all came from the original 6 volumes of the Knights of the Old Republic comics put out by dark horse comics in the early to late 90's. They are:
The Freedon Nadd Uprising
Dark Lords of the Sith
The Golden Age of the Sith
The Fall of the Sith Empire
Redemption

these contain the sith lourock mentioned. Back in those comics, the Sith were not always the name for Dark Jedi. Originally there were Jedi, some dark jedi broke off. They eventually settled on a planet whose main population was a race called "Sith". This group of Dark Jedi took over the planet and used it as there new "home planet". Thus, Dark Jedi became known as the Sith. There were many Sith in the time described in these comics. They constantly battle the Jedi for supremecy until Darth Bane destroyed the Sith, started the only two rule, which led up to the Revenge enacted by Darth Sidious against the Jedi. A thousand years of planning passed from generation to generation, Sith Lord to Sith apprentice, until finally it was perfect and completed by Darth Sidious who "destroyed" the jedi only to be betrayed by his own apprentice, Darth Vader who kills Sidious, and ends the Sith forever.

Of course, the only part of this that is "canon" is what's in the films, but that is the EU history of the Sith, pretty much the only history of the Sith too since Lucas doesn't really go into all that much detail.

StaR_WarS_4LiFE
NO!!!! dude's i work for Lucas, I cut all the scenes together... you might have seen me in some making of's I Sure that Bane is Plagueis... wich is confusing I know.. the little girl two rule stuff is tru though... I actually don't know how Bane aka Plagueis died?? anyone??

StaR_WarS_4LiFE
I had like a book of exar kun... I looked it up... even he isn't the first sith

*-=Fat sacK=-*
i'm just wondering if the sith are so bad why the hell dosen't one of them break the god dam two rule and have like a hundred other sith and wipe all the Jedi out i mean if the "loyal" sith that stick with the rule attack them they just wipe them out i mean they have much more numbers a hundred against two?
please somone tell me

DeadStar
Originally posted by StaR_WarS_4LiFE
NO!!!! dude's i work for Lucas, I cut all the scenes together... you might have seen me in some making of's I Sure that Bane is Plagueis... wich is confusing I know.. the little girl two rule stuff is tru though... I actually don't know how Bane aka Plagueis died?? anyone??

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA laughing

lourock
Originally posted by *-=Fat sacK=-*
i'm just wondering if the sith are so bad why the hell dosen't one of them break the god dam two rule and have like a hundred other sith and wipe all the Jedi out i mean if the "loyal" sith that stick with the rule attack them they just wipe them out i mean they have much more numbers a hundred against two?
please somone tell me

thats why the sith always failed to defeat the jedi. their inability to work together. they all were so greedy for power that they eventually defeat themselves. when the sith were destroyed by the jedi 1000 yrs b4 TPM, Bane was the only survivor of the Sith Order. Thats when he enacted the "2 Rule".

whitewookie
Originally posted by StaR_WarS_4LiFE

here we go again roll eyes (sarcastic)

DaRtH_mCnAztY
Originally posted by whitewookie
here we go again roll eyes (sarcastic)

ya man are u serious?! thats pretty funny, why don't u answer this for me: HOW THE HELL CAN YOU PROVE IT!....if u can thats awesome but we've all herd this before....actually in another star wars message board from awhile back a punk kid said he was Lucas himself. sry man but thats BULLSH*T!!! mad

Captain REX
This is the infamous Darth Bane himself, by the way. Quite a chilling figure.

EDIT: Stupid link...

Captain REX
http://thunder.prohosting.com/~spiff/Bane.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.