Looks like XBox 360 may be tied for GameCube Revolution

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JToTheP
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/13/news_6124449.html

Backwards compatibility, the size of 3 standard DVD cases & a little bigger, wireless internet, plays DVDs. Looks like the 2nd most advanced of the new consoles has been revealed.

Regardless of what they put in the XBox 360, I say the most advanced is:

1. Ps3
2. GameCube Revolution
3. XBox 360

but that's until the companies reveal more info. I still say all 3 NEED wireless internet at this point, but Nintendo having it is a huge step up. I'm sure Sony will be retaliating on this soon though, with XBox 360 being launched on the 4 year anniversary of XBox in November, and GCR being 2006.

Smasandian
Is thier any mention of the PS3?

I havent seen anything official, so you cant say PS3 will be the most powerful. Also, you cant say Nintendo's will be also, because they havnt released anything either except saying its backward, blah, blah and blah.

JToTheP
Originally posted by Smasandian
Is thier any mention of the PS3?

I havent seen anything official, so you cant say PS3 will be the most powerful. Also, you cant say Nintendo's will be also, because they havnt released anything either except saying its backward, blah, blah and blah.

EVERYONE is already confirming Ps3 to be the most powerful, most likely due to it not being released until 2006-2007, pretty much the obvious there.

Smasandian
Actually, people have speculated that it will be the most powerful, but no official releases have actually stated that it is the most powerful piece of hardware.
I liked to see system spec's. All I've seen thats official is that its going to have the cell processor. Everything thing else is rumors.

Doctor Strange
I want to note that power is not a reason to buy a console. X-box is obviously the most powerful of the systems on the market and has all of four games I actually want to play.

JToTheP
This isn't about the CURRENT consoles at all, did you bother to read the site?

Doctor Strange
I know. I was just using that as an example to cite my point.

cal31
Don't listen to this JtotheP. He's just a Playstation fan boy going off because the PS3 is supposed to be the most powerful system and he thinks that automatically makes it the better system and neglecting the fact that the Xbox was more powerful than the PS2, yet the PS2 has outtsold the Xbox.

Smasandian
I dont like the fact that everything be mentioned about the PS3 is rumors.
He says everybody is confirming that the PS3 will be the most powerful but Gamespot, a major online site for games, has no mention of any specs.

JToTheP
COMPANIES are saying it will be the most powerful of the 3, not just regular game players. It isn't like someone is just throwing rumors around, companies are confirming it, and Sony is keeping the technology under wraps on purpose for this to happen.

The current consoles don't matter by this point, we already know:

XBox>>GC>>Ps2

That's been known since GC & XBox came out 4 years ago on the same day. The new consoles is what is keeping it interesting, Microsoft has explained the 360 technology, Nintendo has said a few features for the Revolution, and Sony is keeping tight lip right now for rumors to fly in the mean time.

JToTheP
Originally posted by Smasandian
I dont like the fact that everything be mentioned about the PS3 is rumors.
He says everybody is confirming that the PS3 will be the most powerful but Gamespot, a major online site for games, has no mention of any specs.

GameSpot doesn't even have pre-E3 info like most sites do, and they hardly update each E3 day until the end of the day anyway.

TheAnimal
xbox-360 will kill nintendo. if anything ps3 and xb360 will be neck to neck.

JToTheP
Are you out of your mind? Get it through your head, Microsoft should stick to computers, they f***ed it all up by releasing XBox period. Stop kissing Bill Gates' ass, he doesn't need anymore money. Look at reality, Microsoft will lose with the new consoles & that's the end of it.

Draco69
Maybe. Maybe not. I hope they don't lose. Competition in the video game market is what makes the consoles and video games good. Without it we would constantly have lackluster games.

cal31
Originally posted by JToTheP
Are you out of your mind? Get it through your head, Microsoft should stick to computers, they f***ed it all up by releasing XBox period. Stop kissing Bill Gates' ass, he doesn't need anymore money. Look at reality, Microsoft will lose with the new consoles & that's the end of it. Thanks for telling me what's going to happen Oracle, I don't need to live now since you told me the future.

RedAlertv2
Even though I am not a huge fan of the Gamecube, I am still a big fan of Nintendo. They always seem to have more originality and creativity than Microsoft and Sony. They usually march to the beat of their own drum when it comes to following any sort of trends, and I hope this will make the Revolution more unique than its competitors

JToTheP
I agree, Nintendo makes me glad I own their consoles, I can't wait for their next line of heavy hitters. I hope they make a 2D metroid that looks as good as Prime maybe.

Thael
Are you out of your mind? Get it through your head, Microsoft should stick to computers, they f***ed it all up by releasing XBox period. Stop kissing Bill Gates' ass, he doesn't need anymore money. Look at reality, Microsoft will lose with the new consoles & that's the end of it.

Dude, you're getting far too caressive over consoles here.... Just because someone believes (and so do I) that the X-box 360 will be the most powerful of the 3, doesn't mean you can rip them to pieces about it.

And untill I see some solid specs for the PS3 I'm not going to listen to all the hype and rumor, I , myself hope to eventually own all 3 machines, but if I was to choose which one I'd get first, I'd get the new X-Box, not because its more powerful (because at the end of the day graphics aren't everything) but because I've enjoyed the current 'Box more than my GameCube or my (dying) PS2.

You'd get on your high horse if you got bitched at for being the PlayStation fanboy you clearly are.

sai12
The Xbox 360 sounds awesome in this article.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/05/12/technology/personaltech/xbox360/index.htm

And the Revolution doesn't sound half bad either. Hopefully it'll be a better success than the Gamecube.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/05/16/technology/personaltech/nintendo.reut/index.htm

But I'm gonna have to go with the Xbox 360 just because I am biased towards Xbox :P If Sega couldn't stand, then I'll go for the next "underdog". *giggle*

sai12
Originally posted by Draco69
Maybe. Maybe not. I hope they don't lose. Competition in the video game market is what makes the consoles and video games good. Without it we would constantly have lackluster games.

*claps* Well, said!

Mainstream
PS3 will be more powerful than our feeble minds could possible imagine.

sai12
OI! This thread isn't even about PS3. Take your ramblings elsewhere. :P

Thael
Originally posted by Mainstream
PS3 will be more powerful than our feeble minds could possible imagine.

Possibly, but just like previous machines, it will be more fragile than we can possibly imagine. blink

st41k3r
i'v been a fan for both x-box and ps2 so its goona be hard to choose wich on to buy!
*damn!*

Delta 62
I'll be getting the Revolution and 360..which is still an idiotic name for the new Xbox. I was tired of the ps2 a few months after I bought it, so no matter how "powerful" ps3 is..I won't be getting it.

Mainstream
not a PS3 man huh....that's cool...I love the PS2...I never had the orginal PS...I think that made me love my PS2 even more.

Thael
Don't get me wrong, PS3 will rock! But 360 and Revolution will rock harder! rock

Mainstream
Originally posted by Thael
Don't get me wrong, PS3 will rock! But 360 and Revolution will rock harder! rock

we shall see Grasshopper....I think they'll all roughly rock about the same.victory

WindDancer
I'm buying me an Xbox 360 and PS3 can't lick dirty shoes. no expression

DanZeke25
Im getting 360 and Ps3... come on... Nintendo? It does look pretty good.. but Playstation is great for sports games, and thats basically all i play... and i think Xbox has better games that Nintendo. So ill get those 2. And Thael.. you said Ps2 was more fragile.. yet i've had it since it camee out, and i've had not one problem. Maybe im lucky.

ZomBiE_HunTER
GameSpot doesn't even have pre-E3 info like most sites do, and they hardly update each E3 day until the end of the day anyway.
Go to the site and you'll see. and its not called Gamecube Revolution stop calling it that.

jaden101
i see a lot of sad fanboy guff on here...will it ever end....it was going on back in the speccy vs commodore era and its still going on now

its totally pathetic... all your doing is depriving yourselves of brilliant games on other formats

maybe its because you can only afford one and need to feel secure in your desicion..i dont know

i know that i worked hard to save a bit of money...sacrificed nights out with mates in order to get a bit of cash in the bank...and i'll be buying all three when they hit the shelves

Thael
Originally posted by WindDancer
I'm buying me an Xbox 360 and PS3 can't lick dirty shoes. no expression

The power of 3 PCs, no more shoddy PC ports, time for shoddy '360 ports for PC! big grin

ZomBiE_HunTER
Im buying all three to.

Thael
Originally posted by DanZeke25
Im getting 360 and Ps3... come on... Nintendo? It does look pretty good.. but Playstation is great for sports games, and thats basically all i play... and i think Xbox has better games that Nintendo. So ill get those 2. And Thael.. you said Ps2 was more fragile.. yet i've had it since it camee out, and i've had not one problem. Maybe im lucky.

Must be. Because I've had 3 PSOnes and I'm on my 4th PS2 (Slimline, eek, don't wanna snap the lil' fella!), they just die "Disc Read Error" mostly.

I know very few Sony owners who were as lucky as you. big grin

Thael
Originally posted by ZomBiE_HunTER
Im buying all three to.

Me too, eventually. stick out tongue

JToTheP
Originally posted by ZomBiE_HunTER
Go to the site and you'll see. and its not called Gamecube Revolution stop calling it that.

I know it isn't called GameCube Revolution, that was the code name AFTER GameCube 2. Right now Nintendo has just announced it as Revolution, so STOP arguing over the damn name. I'm well aware Gamespot made the site update for E3 also, I was just there today.

WindDancer
The power of 3 PCs, no more shoddy PC ports, time for shoddy '360 ports for PC! big grin

Oh yeah! cool

Xbox 360 is gonna own!

JToTheP
Dude, you're getting far too caressive over consoles here.... Just because someone believes (and so do I) that the X-box 360 will be the most powerful of the 3, doesn't mean you can rip them to pieces about it.

And untill I see some solid specs for the PS3 I'm not going to listen to all the hype and rumor, I , myself hope to eventually own all 3 machines, but if I was to choose which one I'd get first, I'd get the new X-Box, not because its more powerful (because at the end of the day graphics aren't everything) but because I've enjoyed the current 'Box more than my GameCube or my (dying) PS2.

You'd get on your high horse if you got bitched at for being the PlayStation fanboy you clearly are.

Do you know the definition of a fanboy? That's someone who owns ONE console by a company, not MULTIPLE consoles. It isn't my fault Microsoft puts half it's games out on the PC & the Box, as if it made a difference anyway.

It isn't just rumors when official companies are admiting it, magazines & fanboys/gamers, yes, that is rumors without proof. If Graphics weren't everything nowadays, we'd have better quality games like from the Super Nintendo & Genesis era.

I'm a fanboy, I think that's hilarious, when I've owned NES, SNES, Genesis, Dreamcast, Ps1, Ps2, and GameCube. I find it ironic that I'm such a Playstation fanboy when I admit the Playstation 2 is the weakest of the 3 current consoles in terms of ability to produce graphics & console power itself. I'm being called a fanboy based off the fact that no one can tolerate the fact that Sony is going to most likely have the most powerful console this time around.

ZomBiE_HunTER
Dude, Even if its tru that the Ps3 is going to be the most powerful out of the 3 which is probaly true but we still need straight FACTS.

ZomBiE_HunTER
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/16/news_6124681.html

AdventChild
EVERYONE is already confirming Ps3 to be the most powerful, most likely due to it not being released until 2006-2007, pretty much the obvious there.

2006-2007 is 1-2 years from now and Xbox360 is now this year in fall.. Meaning that PS has about 4-7 months left to finsish before mass production... Xbox is already done and probably has begun the mass production process and I'd really like to know what your information source is because as far as i know PS3 has nothing compared to Xbox360 and the Revolution doesn't have any information on it so yea... There's a saying that goes "To the fool that assumes"... Don't assume that the Revolution is goin to be that great...

dAngEr_Is_gO!
I think the "big" factor that most people are neglecting is user base. Only the fanboys car about what console is more powerful, a lot hinges on the track record and success of the last console. The Dreamcast was more powerful, and in my opinion better, than the PS2 but Sega's appauling track record with console support (Genesis being the exception) spelt doom for the poor DC. Nintendo are starting to slip into the same catagory. A lot of people don't care if the Revolution can cook your breakfast and wash your clothes while you play games in the next room cos the GC is fairly lacklustre in comparison to the other consoles on the market. Backward compatibility is overrated when there isn't that many good games to play in the first place and in most cases the newer stuff is better anyway.
Before the PS3 even hits the shelves it will have a huge head start due to the PS2 user base and proven track record of quality. The Xbox is a solid first effort that has a lot going for it, so the Xbox 360 should be quick out the blocks too. Nintendo are slowly sliding down the scale of quality (NES was excellent, SNES even better, N64 was alright and GC is a bit ho hum) so they really need to pull the rabbit out of the hat with the Revolution or else they will be swept aside like Sega.

dAngEr_Is_gO!
... and before people start carrying on about the GC having a decent following, please note I live in Australia and most game stores either don't sell GC games anymore or only have one shelf dedicated to them. Most of the reports I've read from OS would indicate similar trends but perhaps not as extreme.

JToTheP
Originally posted by AdventChild
2006-2007 is 1-2 years from now and Xbox360 is now this year in fall.. Meaning that PS has about 4-7 months left to finsish before mass production... Xbox is already done and probably has begun the mass production process and I'd really like to know what your information source is because as far as i know PS3 has nothing compared to Xbox360 and the Revolution doesn't have any information on it so yea... There's a saying that goes "To the fool that assumes"... Don't assume that the Revolution is goin to be that great...

Okay once I saw your last comment, I saw no reason at all to reply to you at all. Your a fanboy period, I'm giving each console the shot to impress me, right now Ps3 has, since it will have MGS4, DMC4, and Resident Evil 5. I'm going to decide with what Revolution & XBox 360 get as signed games, like Grand Theft Auto before I buy my 2nd console. Your out of your mind to assume SONY (not PS, that is the CONSOLE not the COMPANY name) that Sony has already set a release date for Playstation 3. Just because it says 2006 now, that could mean WINTER 2006.

Smasandian
Nintendo is releasing some stuff now.

The look of out it is much better than the GC, and its bloody small. The thing that will probably not get many people to buy it is that its about 2-3 times as powerful as the GC. People like power, and unless they do some crazy shit with the console, people wont like it.
Titles with the console are still the big three, Metriod, Zelda and Mario. If they are the launch titles, it could do wonders for it.

AdventChild
Okay once I saw your last comment, I saw no reason at all to reply to you at all. Your a fanboy period, I'm giving each console the shot to impress me, right now Ps3 has, since it will have MGS4, DMC4, and Resident Evil 5. I'm going to decide with what Revolution & XBox 360 get as signed games, like Grand Theft Auto before I buy my 2nd console. Your out of your mind to assume SONY (not PS, that is the CONSOLE not the COMPANY name) that Sony has already set a release date for Playstation 3. Just because it says 2006 now, that could mean WINTER 2006.

ok any way you're done... any way as of now xbox is the best right now and untill we have more facts fanboy xbox360 is going to continue to be the best... and don't try to give me the title of fanboy.... i'm simply stating facts....

JToTheP
I don't give a damn about your facts aside from that we all know XBox is the CURRENT most powerful console. Everything else your saying is just pushing you further into the black hole that is Microsoft's XBox anyway.

sai12
Such harsh words my friends. Lets just wait and see what happens. I'm sure we'll know what's what when we actually play the systems.

Xbox 360 is still my first pick though smile

And since when were we talking about the CURRENT systems anyhow? I thought this was about Xbox 360 and the Nintendo Revolution?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.