Tony Hawks American Wasteland

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

splintercell
THIS IS THE NEWEST GAME IN THE TONY HAWK FRANCHISE
For the first time ever, Tony Hawk's American Wasteland gives players the freedom to experience continuous skating and BMX biking action without leaving the game or waiting for load times as they explore and choose missions in a massive, living Los Angeles skate world.

this sounds awsome
Happy Dance

splintercell
Activision has taken the wraps off of the latest game in the Tony Hawk universe, Tony Hawk's American Wasteland. The game, presumably being developed by series creator Neversoft, is planned to hit all three current generation consoles, but an Xbox 360 version of the game is also in the works. This version was briefly shown on Microsoft's MTV special, along with some very brief words from Tony Hawk himself.

The big twist for American Wasteland is that the game will take place in one large, seamless world. The world, said to be a version of Los Angeles, won't stop for loading time. The physical gameplay looks largely the same, with plenty of grinding, kick and grab tricks, the ever-popular natas spin that was introduced in THUG2, and manuals. However, the game will also allow players to ride BMX bikes. No word on if this means that the Tony Hawk and Mat Hoffman series of games are finally merging, or if this means that professional BMX riders will be in the game. Additionally, this will mark the first time that the series has had online support on a home console outside of the PS2, as the game will have Xbox Live support. No clarification was given on whether this means that just the Xbox 360 version will be online, or if the Xbox version will also contain online support.

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland is scheduled for release on multiple current-generation game consoles during the fourth quarter of this year, though it's currently unknown if, specifically, the Xbox 360 will also be released this year.

this is from the words of tony hawk and the people at E3

DracotheDragon
one word...

SWEET

splintercell
lol about time some one frekin sees this post god thaks for being the first jiggyjiggyjiggyjiggyjiggyjiggy

jaden101
mmm

is this an attempt to cash in on the GTA style?

i for one will reserve judgement until we see whether the game with be chock full of stupid missions like pushing a guy around on a hospital trolley

splintercell
there will be none of that it will be like life u need to make a living it looks intense

RoyMC
heard it was good its on xbox 360

splintercell
i say it shouldcome out on the next gen and this gen consoles

Smasandian
Oh great, the same damn skating engine but with a big world.

Whoopie Dooo Da.

tomatoes
it will be available on xbox, playstation 2, gamecube, and xbox 360. it can be online for the ps2 and xbox live.

WAF3001
all games are turning GTA style
And personaly, I think it's great!

ChickinMeat
I think its bad there all going GTA style, mainly because GTA bored me senseless.

WAF3001
GTA is awesome. You can go anywhere!

stingray005
This game's gonna kick ass.... the only thing I don't like is that they seem to be focusing less on skateboarding and more on other stuff (running, biking and stuff like that) but either way it should be awesome.

splintercell
yea it will be awsome but im just lookin forward to playin it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.