The JLA vs The JSA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Malo
The JLA
Batman
superman
GL. Kyle
Wonder Woman
Manhunter
Flash
Aquaman

vs

The JSA
Hawkman
Cap.Marvel
Sentinel
Power Girl
Black Adam
Flash
Hawkgirl

What team wins. No prep.

Draco69
The JLA. Why? Telepaths.

nigel45
Well, mostly just Telepath, singular. J'onn could do this on his own.

Draco69
Not really. Aquaman too.

nigel45
You don't think MM could do it by himself? Sure Aquaman could help, but that would seem almost redundant.

Draco69
MM? By himself? Sentinel and Black Adam would be a problem because of their strong will. Maybe though...

jrodslam
Cant Sentinel protect the team from all mental asttacks just like GL? If thats the case, JSA wins. Why?

Sentinel > Kyle & Manhunter.

Black Adam, Captain Marvel & Power Girl > Superman & Wonder Woman imo.

Everyone else is pretty much small change. Dont get me wrong, i love Flash to death, but his speed wont play a factor at all in this battle. Its all up to the big guns, and the JSA has more.

All opinion of course.

Draco69
Flash could just steal the speed of the JSA reducing them to snail's pace and impart Speed Force Energy to the Big Guns.

Lightspeed attacks from every single JLAer. Ouch.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Draco69
Flash could just steal the speed of the JSA reducing them to snail's pace and impart Speed Force Energy to the Big Guns.

Lightspeed attacks from every single JLAer. Ouch.

I dont think Flash would even get close to the big guns of the JSA. With their experience, they'd be counting on that most likely. Thank goodness for flight.

Everyone on the team flies but Jay. Wally's in trouble.

If he could pull it off, which i doubt, then JLA wins no question. I just dont see it happening.

Draco69
Wally just has to look or be near his teammates/opponents to impart/take the Speed Force energy/speed

Cosmic Cube
Does Flash really give people super speed? Every time I've seen him do it, it looks like he's just dragging them along with him with some form of quirky telekinesis.

Also, from what I've seen, stealing speed doesn't freeze the target. It sorta trips them.

Draco69
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Does Flash really give people super speed? Every time I've seen him do it, it looks like he's just dragging them along with him with some form of quirky telekinesis.

Also, from what I've seen, stealing speed doesn't freeze the target. It sorta trips them.

He does. He gave it to Superman once to outrun a Zeta lightbeam and to his teammates to heal their injuries faster after the assault from Fernus.

Cosmic Cube
He does. He gave it to Superman once to outrun a Zeta lightbeam and to his teammates to heal their injuries faster after the assault from Fernus.

What ish#? Was Flash running with Superman? I've only seen Flash do it twice, and both times it looked like he was just dragging the person along with him with some sort of TK.

jrodslam
Wally just has to look or be near his teammates/opponents to impart/take the Speed Force energy/speed

Wally would be nowhere near his opponents or teammates cause they will all be in the air. At least all the powerhouses.

Plus I think he'd be to busy trying not to get knocked out by either Jay or Hawkman. Les not forget that Carter(Hawkman) can see all of Wally's movements. To him Wally isnt a blur.

Draco69
I forgot. It was during the Adam Strange storyline. The Zeta Beam was practically light and Superman isn't faster than light so Flash imparted him with the speed force in order for him to outrace the Zeta Beam before it it the spaceship.

He also gave it to Hipployta, MM and Barda in order to escape their telepathic opponents.

He look's like he's dragging the person because he's still faster than them regardless.

jrodslam
I know after fighting Grod, Wally offereed to give Nightwing some speed so that he could heal himself.

That was Falsh #211

Draco69
Originally posted by jrodslam
Wally would be nowhere near his opponents or teammates cause they will all be in the air. At least all the powerhouses.

Plus I think he'd be to busy trying not to get knocked out by either Jay or Hawkman. Les not forget that Carter(Hawkman) can see all of Wally's movements. To him Wally isnt a blur.

Dude. He just has to look at them. It's called teamwork. The JLA stays on the ground and the Flash gives them the Speed Force.

Jay is nowhere near Flash's speed. Hawkman isn't gonna give Wally trouble. If you're referring to the Crisis issue where Hawkman saw a vibrating Wally that's not really credible. Wally would just create a tornado and blow him away.

Draco69
Originally posted by jrodslam
I know after fighting Grod, Wally offereed to give Nightwing some speed so that he could heal himself.

That was Falsh #211

You know the Bat-Family. They have a fetish for pain.

Cosmic Cube
Oh.

When he steals someone's super speed, he takes their kinetic energy, so they stop moving for a nanosecond and then fall. Isn't that how it works?

Draco69
Yep. Like Bishop does it.

Cosmic Cube
Sort of. Bishop has be attacked to absorb energy, he can't just take it.

Does Flash have to touch someone to steal thier speed?

Draco69
No. He just has to either look at them or just concentrate and draw it. It's like a lightening rod drawing lightening.

Fanboy
Well here they come with the Telepath thing how often does Martian Manhunter use his telepath like powers everytime I see him freakin use it he always reads minds or looks for people through there minds. Speed why does it really matter I saw Flash# 3 or Wally West get scratched up by some cheetah lady some of these speed telepath strength or knowledge skill or magic does not matter because the hero finds there way around it. So let me put it to you guys like this I am gonna go with JLA on this because I like them better I do not care about Telepath speed or magic and I will not come up with a big extraordinary theory on how this person can beat that person. JLA wins because they are my favorite Superhero team.

DigiMark007
Both teams have a Flash. Why is it that only the JLA gets the speed boost? I thought the JSA's Flash was the better of the two.

In any case, Alan and some others would make this hard for the JLA, but since the JSA is missing Dr. Fate and Hourman and have the only telepath, I'd give this fight to the JLA with or without any Flash-ness even though I like the JSA better.

Also, question...are the Flash's immune to telepathy? Or would it affect them too??

-DM

Blair Wind
isnt flash (wally) the only flash that knows how to impart speed? just like bart is the only one with the mega memory.....they all have different quirks that add to just their speed....idk about the fight ill think about it

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Fanboy
Well here they come with the Telepath thing how often does Martian Manhunter use his telepath like powers everytime I see him freakin use it he always reads minds or looks for people through there minds. Speed why does it really matter I saw Flash# 3 or Wally West get scratched up by some cheetah lady some of these speed telepath strength or knowledge skill or magic does not matter because the hero finds there way around it. So let me put it to you guys like this I am gonna go with JLA on this because I like them better I do not care about Telepath speed or magic and I will not come up with a big extraordinary theory on how this person can beat that person. JLA wins because they are my favorite Superhero team.

they win because theyre your favorite superhero team? confused

logic....error... does not compute..... add commas...

nigel45
Just to clear this up: Jay is not nearly as good as Wally. Jay doesn't even use the speed force, meaning he has no abilities other than, well, running fast. And he cant even run as fast as Wally. So the JLA has them in that respect.

nigel45
Well here they come with the Telepath thing how often does Martian Manhunter use his telepath like powers everytime I see him freakin use it he always reads minds or looks for people through there minds.

He uses his telepathy all the time. You're right, he doesn't mindwipe people very often, but he absolutely can and has.

Speed why does it really matter I saw Flash# 3 or Wally West get scratched up by some cheetah lady

I'm pretty sure at that time she was being given speed by Zoom. Of course Flash is going to get caught off guard sometimes, but that doesn't mean it's easy to do so.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.