Ebert and Roeper's review of ROTS...includes SOME new footage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prod
Here it is:

http://dl2.rapidshare.de/files/1764154/14140173/E_R_REVIEW.wmv

some new footage big grin...good review...

(bad quality)

LandoSpeeder2
thx prod!

TheForceSupreme
Cool stuff Prod.

Prod
LOL...no prob...it only has a couple seconds that were new to me...anakin talking to bail...and one small obi scene in starfighter...

one thing that was cool was PADME...after she says"ur breaking my heart" there is some enw stuff...well acted out big grin

umraan
its on tfn also

mephistodesigns
for some reason Rapid share hates me, my downloads never start...don't suppose some one has a "yousendit" for this one do they?

mephistodesigns
never mind, i'm an IDIOT.... laughing

LightSaber_Part
wink

adamrubin
cool thanks

Prod
Seeing it again...I see they both had a problem with the dialogue...but they still liked the movie...

that's good to hear...

the guy said it was third best...

IMHO...it is first or seconds...probably first...will decide after I see the movie big grin

adamrubin
how long is the space battle anyways???

PVS
ebert and roper gave it 2 thumbs up!
just thought i would add that. but ebert seemed a bit reluctant,
criticising the flat dialogue....but thats star wars fat boy!!! deal with it stick out tongue

LightSaber_Part
Originally posted by PVS
ebert and roper gave it 2 thumbs up!
just thought i would add that. but ebert seemed a bit reluctant,
criticising the flat dialogue....but thats star wars fat boy!!! deal with it stick out tongue

laughing out loud

jedi2187
Two thumbs up?
Lucas, you release two so-so prequel episodes. Then you go ahead and make this one....

AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!!!Happy Dance

star22
It looks great!!!! eek!

HAROLD
What a pleasant surprise. I was so sure Ebert and Roeper would have hate the film (especially Ebert).

DarkYoda
It won't air until 12:30 AM Sunday Night/Monday Morning here. sad So it will be monday before I can upload the review. Oh well. More time to relax tonight and sunday. Happy Dance

LightSaber_Part
Originally posted by DarkYoda
It won't air until 12:30 AM Sunday Night/Monday Morning here. sad So it will be monday before I can upload the review. Oh well. More time to relax tonight and sunday. Happy Dance

same here they only have it on Sunday

jedi2187
Um, DY and LP.... are you looking to download the review? Or just to see it for yourselves on TV?

Morning_Glory
how many thumbs up or down did they give it????

thumbs_up

astrofan428
2 thumbs UP!!

LightSaber_Part
Originally posted by jedi2187
Um, DY and LP.... are you looking to download the review? Or just to see it for yourselves on TV?

Um..............er.................. good point. big grin

I already downloaded it (terrible quality) and watched it, so I guess I could watch it on TV just for kicks.

jedi2187
Originally posted by LightSaber_Part
Um..............er.................. good point. big grin

I already downloaded it (terrible quality) and watched it, so I guess I could watch it on TV just for kicks.

I was just nosey; wasn't sure if you were able to download it or not.
But I was jazzed they gave it two thumbs up! rolling on floor laughing

hunchy
If you go to Roger Ebert's site, search for Revenge of the Sith, you'll find his star rating of the movie which is:

***1/2

and which he proclaimed the best of the prequels.

Ken Kenobi
Already posted stick out tongue

macgeek2005
Say, Hunchy. I haven't asked you this in a while.

Since all this new footage, and all the new TV ads, do you still believe that ESB has a chance of staying ahead of ROTS?

hunchy
Sorry about that....

MacGeek, you think I'm THAT easily swayed? I am very excited for Revenge of the Sith, but you have no idea how highly the original Star Wars, and Empire Strikes Back rank in my book. I think Revenge of the Sith will be arounda ***1/2 movie, and while I'd give the first two originals ****, they'd be like a comparison to a ***** movie. Great movies. Revenge of the Sith I think will be highly entertaining and the best of the prequels, and yes probably better than Return of the Jedi as it has some weak points such as Ewoks and a few other minor complaints.

Now aside from the fact that Revenge of the Sith wont come close to touching the first two originals, I have to say I'd have a hell of a fun time watching a prequel film with a fan of the prequels like yourself....Because geeking out occasionally over something is always great...but nothing to me will beat, watching the originals with my friends and realizing how great they are, and just how...good...the new ones are.

DarkYoda
sad Sigh sad

My area had a power outage at some point last night when I was gone. The timer set on my recorder got cancelled so I didn't get a recording of this. What a letdown. I was really looking forward to this. I don't think my area repeats it. Why did they have to show it at 12:30 in the morning? Maybe someone else out there will have a recording of it.

jango fatt
Originally posted by mephistodesigns
never mind, i'm an IDIOT.... laughing
U know it

Anakin2Vader
you have a link to the review?

jon84
Originally posted by Anakin2Vader
you have a link to the review?

Here ya go!
Roger Ebert review

HAROLD
Hey Hunchy, how's it going? Haven't seen you around these parts in a while...

Anakin2Vader
thanks jon84

i usually agree with most of his reviews...should be a good read

PVS
I KNEW IT!!!!

ebert just HAD to knock a 1/2 star off, just to be a prick.

ickeris2003
yeah i saw their review yesturday. they liked the movie but they said it needed more dialogue, thats the part they didnt like . needs more dialogue.

ShadowKing
Yeah....he said the two things that were the problem with the other prequels still plague ROTS; GL has no real interest in writing dialogue or wringing emotional performances from his actors...from what he and Roeper said, Sam Jackson, Ewan McGregor, and Natalie Portman are not given the kind of dialogue to work with that would have pushed this into the 5 star territory...particularly Jackson, who they felt was under utilized...

ickeris2003
Yep I Saw this yesturday.It was pretty intresting seeing new things and hearing their comments about the movie. they liked everything except with the dialogue which I agree with them.

hunchy
Originally posted by HAROLD
Hey Hunchy, how's it going? Haven't seen you around these parts in a while...

Hey Harold. Thanks for the comment. Glad someone missed me. I've just been pretty busy, so haven't been on here too much. God, I can't wait, think of how far we've come and now its suddenly the week that Star Wars Episode 3 arrives in theaters......

As far as some of the comments made about Ebert's review (most notably PVS) I love how some people think that he gives a movie a certain rating just be a "prick". His reviews are called his opinions, thats why some people don't like him. He doesn't care what's not popular, if he likes it a lot, then he'll give it a great review, if he doesn't, he doesn't. Point is, any critic or friend, or ANYONE you know will disagree with you majorly on a movie eventually (I think he highly underrated the Lord of the Rings movies myself, but that's just me). I still think that I agree with him overall. And who ever said that Revenge of the Sith was **** worthy? I think it'll be around a ***1/2 movie as well. He didn't say it didn't have "enough" dialouge. He said a lot of the dialouge was bad (which it usually is especially with Anakin and Padme).

BrianWilsonJedi
cool

neo313
wow... if Roger Ebert gave the movie 3 and 1/2 stars, then it must be pretty effing amazing

umraan
roger is a fat ass lard piece of shit with diabetes.

Darth_Sidious01
I second that

jedi2187
Roger is a person who appreciates fine acting, which is what Star Wars lacks, but Roger fails to understand that this is intentional. Lucas wanted them to act this way because if you ever watch the old Flash Gorden serials, the acting was horrendous compared to Casablanca or Gone With The Wind.
But Roger is a fan of the OT...
"The series is essentially human mythology, set in space, but not occupying it. If Stanley Kubrick gave us man humbled by the universe, Lucas gives us the universe domesticated by man."
-from the Star Wars Celebration II guide.

hunchy
It's funny how some people truly hate Roger Ebert like he's the devil. I can understand not liking him, but as a side note....he is no longer fat...i think he lost a ton of weight after he had cancer I think or some sort of surgery...he's actually sort of on the thin side now....not that that matters...

but also yes roger ebert likes good acting, I would hope any good critic would...And I don't think Star Wars has intentionally bad "acting". You've missed the point. If you wanted intentionally bad acting, you've got to be quite the twit. Point is supposed to be that the dialogue from the OT was "campy"...it wasn't realistic, it was corny, but in a good way. A classic, quotable way. Now can you really quote any lines from the new ones? The new ones have some terribly bad dialouge....such as Anakin's line about sand and Padme in Attack of the Clones. Because the dialouge tries to take itself too seriously, it comes out ridicioulous. Just like Padme dies of a "broken heart". Give me a break....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.