Episode III Video Editing Discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkYoda
I hope this thread is okay. Since I've become a large provider of videos on here, I thought I'd take a moment to ask what everyone's thoughts are on the videos I've done so far. (yeah yeah I know... I'm an attention whore... eek! )

I'm always trying to improve my methods and do a better job all of the time.

So I want suggestions, critiques, ideas, nitpicks, etc.

With all of the star wars related videos out there and the constant onslaught that will continue, we need to make sure we get this right.

But really...

The purpose of this thread is for the star wars fans that frequent this forum, especially for videos related to Episode III (there have been a lot of them for sure) to discuss the nature of uploading these...

how tos, questions, suggestions, troubleshooting, converting, capturing, uploading, etc.

It belongs here! But make sure that this is for the purpose of improving and adding to the huge assortment of Episode III videos.

Happy Dance

jedi2187
Very good thread, DY!
Including you, there are a lot of talented fans out there, and a lot of generous people that have contributed footage that they've scrounged for online, captured via camera or VCR, etc...
Maybe someone can lay out different methods of saved formats, and which ones are more optimal for connectivity sake (e.g. MP4 format for people on dial-up, etc)...?

TheForceSupreme
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your amazing edeting work you've done with most of the footage I have seen from you. Also thank you for sharing them with us. The time and energy you've put into this is appreciated. Thank you for all the cool stuff, DarkYoda. wink

jedi2187
Yes, kudos to you DY for giving all of us some visual eye-candy before the 19th to keep us alive and kicking (and pumped!)

DarkYoda
Seriously though... be cruel... how could I improve? I want perfection. evil face

LightSaber_Part
Well done DarkYodanotworthy..........
............well done.

astrofan428
The quality of your vids are great. As far as getting them out faster, what can you really do?

All we have are these stupid upload sites, but hey, whenever I am online I am willing to help.

LightSaber_Part
Same here^^^

TheForceSupreme
Originally posted by DarkYoda
Seriously though... be cruel... how could I improve? I want perfection. evil face

Uhh..find us more cool stuff? angel

No serieusly....I have no idea how/what you should improve. All is well. wink

jedi2187
One option that I can think of ( and it's usually a rule of thumb when it came to dealing with clients)...
have alternate formats for one file or product.
Example: you get a 5 minute shot of Yoda vs. Sidious, and you want to post it. Make different links for different formats. One in .wmv, one in .mov, one in .avi and one in .mp4 for to help those with slower connections. Post the size of each and the links, of course.
My two cents.

Texansfan05
Your doing great Dark Yoda thumb up

DarkYoda
Thanks for all your kind words. Converting to multiple formats is one thing I cannot do. That would be like triple or quadruple the amount of work. I'm already having troubles just getting one format on the web.

Fortunately it is high enough quality that it shouldn't be too hard for the video editors among us to convert to different formats if need be. wink

But seriously... as far as actual video/sound quality, what would you like to see improved? I need suggestions damnit!!! LOL laughing

Darth MoonPIE
*Begins asskissing session* darkyoda we all appreciate what you've done for the starwars community as a whole and I would love it if you would be my lover. *Ends session*

Phew that was quite painful..

jedi2187
Originally posted by Darth MoonPIE
*Begins asskissing session* darkyoda we all appreciate what you've done for the starwars community as a whole and I would love it if you would be my lover. *Ends session*

blink That's no moon...

LightSaber_Part

But seriously... as far as actual video/sound quality, what would you like to see improved? I need suggestions damnit!!! LOL laughing

um............... 5.1 surround sound and widescreen big grin

DarkYoda
Originally posted by LightSaber_Part
um............... 5.1 surround sound and widescreen big grin

Also not possible, unless my source is widescreen. 5.1 is also not possible. It's hard enough compressing the sound for 2 speakers so that the final size isn't huge. stick out tongue

DarkYoda
Originally posted by Darth MoonPIE

What the f**k?

LightSaber_Part
Also not possible, unless my source is widescreen. 5.1 is also not possible. It's hard enough compressing the sound for 2 speakers so that the final size isn't huge. stick out tongue
Oh well fine then stick out tongue

LightSaber_Part
What the f**k?

know what you mean.

jedi2187
Offer this to people....
For those with Macs, if you have an .avi file and they don't have anything to play it back on, direct them to links to download Divx plug-ins for their Quicktime or have them download MPlayer.
And do something similar for PC people.

DarkYoda
So while we wait on the TRL to finally get uploaded, does anyone have any video related questions?

DarkYoda
Let DarkYoda know about videos that are coming on so DarkYoda can record them. wink

Ken Kenobi
Let DarkYoda know about videos that are coming on so DarkYoda can record them. wink

Ken Kenobi think's you're weird.

DarkYoda
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Ken Kenobi think's you're weird.

Ken Kenobi doesn't like when DarkYoda speaks in 3rd person. DarkYoda will try to do better. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.