Master Replicas Force FX Ep3 / Alienware's Star Wars Computer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HOBBE5
Does anyone have any of those Master Replica lightsabers, especially the new ones from Ep3? They look really cool. Just wondering about the quality of them, and what the lightbar is made of, where it's a hard clear plastic or some other composite.

I'd like to get an Obi saber from Ep1. I think of all the sabers he had the best.

Also did anyone see the sweet ass computer Alienware was putting out for Ep3. Those are kick ass. I'd get the Obi/Lightside one.

http://www.alienware.com/Starwars_Pages/awswaurora.aspx?from=WorldMedia:AW-728x90-GA-Star-Wars-gif

LightSaber_Part
Yeah, those Computers looks sweet yes

The Codefinder
I just got the new Darth Vader Force FX Lightsaber. It's really detailed in design, almost as good as Master Replica's $500 actual replica lightsaber hilts. The blade is nonremovable, and it is made of some sort of durable plastic or other material. The sound is pretty cool, as well as the blade's lights that actually power up and power down, with their respective sound effects. If you hit something with the blade, it also makes the cool clash sound effect. I think it's worth its $120 price (or $100 at Gamestop...that's where I got mine!).

astrofan428
Is it sturdy enough to do a lttle dueling?

HOBBE5
But the handle or hilt is made of steel right?

Sucks about it not being detachable. I thought the blade might have been a screw in or something.

Hopefully they'll make an obi ep1 saber. I really want one of those bad boys.

By the way how long is the blade itself?

The Codefinder
The instructions say it's not supposed to be used for dueling...but I suppose you could anyway wink However, I probably won't use mine for any real dueling, just in case the blade cracks or breaks. The hilt is made with steel and hard plastic, and the blade is about four feet long...about the length as the lightsabers in the movie. There is also the Anakin Skywalker Force FX Lightsaber that recently came out. It has a different hilt, and it's blue. It's supposed to be from RotS (Vader's is from ESB), but I believe it should be just like Luke Skywalker's Force FX Lightsaber from ESB, which is also available at Master Replica's website.

The Codefinder
Oh yeah, it also needs three AA batteries (not included), and the sound effects come from the hilt, as opposed to the actual blade (kind of a let down). The sound effects range from powering up, different variations of humming/buzzing depending on how you swing it, clashing if you hit the blade on something (I guess the blade has some sort of sensors in it), and power down. Now I just need to get that Darth Vader voice-changer mask, then I can walk around saying random Vader quotes. Does anyone know about the quality of those masks?

LightSaber_Part
oh man don't get the mask if your looking for something to change our voice no

there is a little microphone in the helmet that goes to the box,
so there is a delay from your voice to go to the box,
which you can hear your voice and then hear the Vader voice (which doesn't really sound like vader)

its cool for to ware but the voice part is not that great.

Torik_Shai
I have three pieces from Master Replicas. Yoda's saber from Ep II, Luke's FX saber from Ep V, and I just recently got Obi-Wan's from Ep III. Believe me when I say that the quality of their work is amazing. Totally worth the money.

Ken Kenobi
Too much money IMO, but I want that Vader Alienware.

Darth MoonPIE
sexy boxes..

kremzike
I have the Luke Ep VI saber, and the Anakin Force FX sabers from Episodes II & III. The new one is a GREAT improvement over the original. Better light on the blade (as mentioned above, it powers up & down the blade length, where the old one just came on & faded out) and it's brighter. The hilt is almost the perfect, actual size, where the old one was much larger. The sound is better & louder on this one, and it runs on half the battery power! Plus the batteries are even easier to change. It's really fun. I recommend them to anyone.

jango fatt
Man i would like to have one of these!!!!!!!!

ChristianRocker
It says your not supposed to duel but on the commercial you see ppl dueling with them so its weird. I have the FX Darthvader but what was weird was the other day it had only 4 batteries when it need 6 and it came on and stayed on and so I turned it off and then turned it back on it it still worked.

Sesse
It all depends how those batteries are put inside...
As long as it gets high enough voltage and decent current, it works.

I would guess that it runs with 3V DC?

The Codefinder
The Darth Vader EpV lightsaber runs on three AA batteries. BTW, thanks for the heads-up on that Vader voice-changer mask. I wasn't really thinking of buying it, I was just interested in how good (or bad) it was, seeing as it's only about $20, or something like that.

PVS
Originally posted by The Codefinder
I think it's worth its $120 price (or $100 at Gamestop...that's where I got mine!).

i got my vader force fx at gamestop as wellsmile
106$(tax included) vs. 120$ +tax and shipping....cant go wrong there

Delta 62
I'd absolutely love to have either the Anakin or Sidious saber replicas. I wish I could put them on layaway. Some way that I could pay payments to ensure I'd get one anyway..

palpy_666
I'm really hoping the MR comes out with a Sidious Force FX Saber... I really wished that they had made a toy of his for Episode III, but instead we get a repackaged Mace Windu saber from Episode I which looks nothing like his from III. And then we get another Yoda one, and another Dooku one. They should honestly have made Sidious' since he's pretty much a major character in this new movie.

LightSaber_Part
Originally posted by palpy_666
I'm really hoping the MR comes out with a Sidious Force FX Saber... I really wished that they had made a toy of his for Episode III, but instead we get a repackaged Mace Windu saber from Episode I which looks nothing like his from III. And then we get another Yoda one, and another Dooku one. They should honestly have made Sidious' since he's pretty much a major character in this new movie.

that would have been really sweet yes

((The_Anomaly))
i agree, i want a sidious saber sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.