Who can Black Manta beat?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

seaapple
Ok, I like Black Manta. I like the whole 60's attempt at social consciousness, and his ruthlessness makes him an interesting charcter (murdered Aquaman's son).

But despite the submarine, devices, and minions, it is not easy to get a clear picture for how tough a character he really is. Somehow he was tough enough to be an arch-enemy of Aquaman and do Aquaman some real damage.

So my question is who can a well-written Black Manta beat? And who is about equal in power? I don't think he is the pushover that some imagine who never read the comics with him in them. But I have trouble thinking of a foe on his level.

Thanks in advance for the input!

Darth Trinew
i forgot his powers. He has something related to water

seaapple
Black Manta is an undersea villain of the "mastermind" archetype. I mean he has minions, dangerous inventions, a submarine, deadly plans, etc.. He has a special suit that provides oxygen and withstands oceanic pressures, but his main weapons are his mind and diabolical nature. Maybe an Aquaman fan can shed more light on different things Black Manta can do. Anyone have some thoughts or something to add?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.