Best Hand-to-Hand Fighter Contest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
Who's the best Hand-to-Hand fighter in Marvel?
Were gonna find out in this battle royale.
(The fighters can use their powers also though.)

The Fighters:
Spiderman
Daredevil
Moon Knight
Black Panther
Wolverine
Deadpool
Lady Deathstrike
Gambit
Scarlet Spider
Captain America
Luke Cage
Black Widow
Hawkeye (not allowed to use mini-nukes)
U.S. Agent
Falcon
Silver Samurai
Punisher
Kazar
Sabretooth
Rough-House
Black Cat
Kraven
Tombstone
Kingpin
Bullseye
Elektra
Nick Fury
Wong (Dr.Strange's Sidekick)
Psylocke (not allowed to use telepathy except to make her hand-sword)
Cable (not allowed to use telepathy)

(I didnt include people like Thanos, Hercules, Thor, etc because they are too strong and powerful)

So who's the Best Fighter in Marvel?

long pig
h2h involves no weapons, and no use of other powers.
So 98% of those aren't worth mentioning.

Wong and Elektra are the only ones that should even count.
The rest have augmented skills due to their power or just really bad h2h fighters.

jrodslam
How come Omega Red isnt there? Hes always whooping on Wolverine even without using the fermones, hes even beat Sabertooth's a$$.

Why is it that hes never mentioned as a top fighter in Marvel? I think hes underrated.

long pig
because he isn't very skilled without his powers.
h2h means skill wise, OR isn't very skilled when compaired to other high level fighters.

Champion of the Universe of kill all of their asses anyways.

whirlysplat
Shang Chi is completely human, no powers no gimmicks he is the "master of kung fu"Originally posted by long pig
h2h involves no weapons, and no use of other powers.
So 98% of those aren't worth mentioning.

Wong and Elektra are the only ones that should even count.
The rest have augmented skills due to their power or just really bad h2h fighters.

Wickerman
Dude.....you already made a thread just like this here: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t342119.html O_o

~wickerman~

long pig
Well, Shang too. smile
Wong gets no love here, he knows every earth based martial arts, Dr Strange taught him(or vice versa idk).
Strange used to beat the hell out of people if his magic didn't do the job.
He is considered a master of all earth based M.As.

armandovalles
no by hand to hand i mean just fighting normally but using skills like being a ninja or whatever and they can use weapons, but only the ones they come with, such as wolverine can use his claws but if he finds a sword on the ground he cannot use it cuz it isnt his. And everyone CAN use their specific power such as iron fist CAN charge up his fists.

whirlysplat
he is, my favoourite though was when he faced that guy (who wasn't a villian) who had a spirit scream bak in the early 80's, remember that. In Strange it shows him learning his arts, martial includedbig grinlOriginally posted by long pig
Well, Shang too. smile
Wong gets no love here, he knows every earth based martial arts, Dr Strange taught him(or vice versa idk).
Strange used to beat the hell out of people if his magic didn't do the job.
He is considered a master of all earth based M.As.

Wickerman
Deadpool. Why? Because he outclasses most, and when he doesn't, he doesn't CARE. The guy can't die and has near instant regeneration. You slice off his head, a new one grows in a matter of minutes tops.

~wickerman~

whirlysplat
but does that make him more skilfullOriginally posted by Wickerman
Deadpool. Why? Because he outclasses most, and when he doesn't, he doesn't CARE. The guy can't die and has near instant regeneration. You slice off his head, a new one grows in a matter of minutes tops.

~wickerman~

armandovalles
yea, but he can still be knocked out.

Cosmic Cube
Anyone remember the Champion of the friggin Universe? What the f**k?

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by long pig
because he isn't very skilled without his powers.
h2h means skill wise, OR isn't very skilled when compaired to other high level fighters.

Champion of the Universe of kill all of their asses anyways.

Oh. You did.

Wickerman
armando: yes, he can be. but in the end he'll come out winning...standing above the grave of those others.

Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Anyone remember the Champion of the friggin Universe? What the f**k?

what is this cham-pee-own you speak of? What the f**k? (just kiddin man)

~wickerman~

armandovalles
I didnt put guys like Champion and thor in, even though their great fighters, because their physically oo strong and would knock out each guy in one shot.

Wickerman
Oh wait a minute, you said H2H so no extra supercool guns for deadpool -_-

~wickerman~

armandovalles
nope, no guns, but he can use his swords. only H2H weapons are allowed, except for Hawkeye.

Wickerman
Originally posted by armandovalles
nope, no guns, but he can use his swords. only H2H weapons are allowed, except for Hawkeye.

Can he use grenades and such? From point blank i mean...not like he cares or anything...

~wickerman~

armandovalles
these are the rules:

1) Allowed use long range weapons such as arrows, cap's shield, webbing, boomerangs, etc, but not allowed to use things such as explosives, grenades, automatic guns, etc. (they are allowed to use hand-guns though, but they have to be single-shot, not automatic)

2) Can use any hand-to-hand weapon. These include Swords, claws, shields, daggers, knives, etc.

3) Can use special powers such as Iron Fist can charge his fists, Silver Samurai can charge his sword, etc. But Gambit can only charge cards, nothing else. Psylocke can only use telepathy to make her psychic-sword, nothing else. Cable cannot use telepathy.

4) Hawkeye is not allowed to use mini-nukes and Cable is not allowed to use his special sonic-grenades. The only things that are not legal in this Battle are explosives, telepathy, and automatic guns.

5) This takes place in a suburban type of environment (city-like, but with lots of trees and foliage). CAN use the environment such as cutting down a brach and throwing it as a weapon, or throwing a boulder or a car, etc. Carving a branch or something into a weapon, its all legal.

seaapple
You left her off the list but (ignoring power level and just talking about hand-to-hand combat ability) I say Mantis. She isn't just the peak of human physique like Captain America, she has perfect control over her body, which is more important.

From a profile of Mantis (note the part about her being able to stun a being as powerful as Thor):
"Powers: Thanks to her training by the Priests of Pama, Mantis had "complete control" over her body. Her agility was as great as any woman without superpowers could achieve. She was also capable of willing herself to recuperate quickly after being injured. Mantis had extraordinary ability in the martial arts that have been developed and perfected over thousands of years by the Priests of Pama. These fighting methods place particular emphasis on the manipulation of pressure points and nerve endings on the bodies of one's opponents. Thus, by knowing the right areas of the body to strike, Mantis could stun even a being as powerful a Thor even though she herself had no superhuman strength. Mantis had an empathetic ability which enabled her to sense the emotions of others, which she felt as psychic vibrations. After her transformation into the Celestial Madonna she had the ability to communicate with all plant life. She could also transform herself into pure energy and "beam" herself to another planet and then recreate her body from the indigenous plant life. This ability was limited to only planets with plant life. Its range is unknown but believed to be limited."

whirlysplat
Originally posted by seaapple
You left her off the list but (ignoring power level and just talking about hand-to-hand combat ability) I say Mantis. She isn't just the peak of human physique like Captain America, she has perfect control over her body, which is more important.

From a profile of Mantis (note the part about her being able to stun a being as powerful as Thor):
"Powers: Thanks to her training by the Priests of Pama, Mantis had "complete control" over her body. Her agility was as great as any woman without superpowers could achieve. She was also capable of willing herself to recuperate quickly after being injured. Mantis had extraordinary ability in the martial arts that have been developed and perfected over thousands of years by the Priests of Pama. These fighting methods place particular emphasis on the manipulation of pressure points and nerve endings on the bodies of one's opponents. Thus, by knowing the right areas of the body to strike, Mantis could stun even a being as powerful a Thor even though she herself had no superhuman strength. Mantis had an empathetic ability which enabled her to sense the emotions of others, which she felt as psychic vibrations. After her transformation into the Celestial Madonna she had the ability to communicate with all plant life. She could also transform herself into pure energy and "beam" herself to another planet and then recreate her body from the indigenous plant life. This ability was limited to only planets with plant life. Its range is unknown but believed to be limited."

Nataku8188
Deadpool beat C.A. once. It was pretty sweet.
He roshamboed him before too. That also, was sweet.

Wynndar
The best Marvel fighters...no order

Karnak
Mantis
Black Panther
Captain America
Taskmaster

long pig
Hell yes, Wyn!

Karnak owns most of these people.

Wynndar
Karnak would still be subordinate to Mantis though...she is a regular humanoid and could probably put a hurting on her beloved Silver Surfer.

Ketchuptome
Spiderman is also good to smile

Wynndar
Spiderman is great but he is no where near these guys...Karnak and Mantis have complete control of all their bodily functions...Karnak can sense the weaknes of any object...

Wickerman
Originally posted by Wynndar
The best Marvel fighters...no order

Karnak
Mantis
Black Panther
Captain America
Taskmaster

My problem with this is that i don't see Iron Fist in there.

~wickerman~

Wynndar
oh sorry...he is up there too...Iron Fist and Shang Chi belong up there...I just wanted to put five good ones up there

Wickerman
oh sorry...he is up there too...Iron Fist and Shang Chi belong up there...I just wanted to put five good ones up there

big grin no problem ma man, just thought that he deserved to be up there, as does Shang Chi

~wickerman~

Wynndar
Bulls eye also needs some dues...his "fighting ability" is kinda unique...but if he has his choice in weapons ie ink pens, throwing blades, toothpicks, etc. he can do a lot of damage too...Deadpool doesnt really belong up there. He's great at what he does, but his fighting technique is nowhere near as refined as these guys. If Deadpool didnt have a healing ability and were in the same position as Black Panther, he would be dead...The Panther does it all and cant make any mistakes, cuz if he is mortally wounded he dies.

Wickerman
mortally wounded

Deadpool: What is this Mor-tah-lee woun-deed thing you speak of? I wish to learn more.

~wickerman~

Wynndar
with a healing ability like that he is allowed to be sloppy...

seaapple
I am glad that some people agreed with my suggestion of Mantis! I think she is probably tops, but I agree with Wynndar's list for the most part. I think I would probably drop Captain America off the list, he is a peak human but no way he could put a hurting on Thor and the like as Mantis could. I am loathe to say it (because I like him so much), but the same is true of Black Panther (though I rate him higher than Captain America, and perhaps Taskmaster whom I just researched but don't know much about).

Karnak seems more reasonable to include since he has perfect control over his body and can sense weak/stress points. I think that Mantis's ability to read emotions would end the end lead her to best Karnak, since their fighting abilities are probably equal. This is debatable though. Karnak and Mantis seem to have "cosmic level martial arts" in the sense that their training and abilities are tops not just on Earth but much more broadly.

long pig
Mantis is awesome no doubt....
Karnak is my favorite inhuman, he gets no respect.

The guy BROKE Thing's arm with one chop!
Thats gotta count for something.
He also found the weakness in celestial armor, he just wasn't strong enough to do anything about it.

Karnak>>Blackpanther and Iron Fist

Wynndar
he kinda serves his own purpose...idk if i would say he is superior to either panther or fist. when did he break thing's arm?

long pig
Fantastic Four # 45-46 I believe, either his very first or one of his very first appearances.
1965'sh
Long time ago.

Wynndar
hmm I will find and read it..he "broke" his arm?

long pig
Showed Karnak elbow chip and knee his arm at the same time smashing Things joint int the middle of the two and the sound effect said "KRRRACCKK!!", and thing screamed.

Not exactly sure what happend before or after it, but to me krack=broke, don't you think?
I took it as Karnak seeing Things joint's weakness and using it, which is well inside his ability to do, especially backed by a 1-2 ton punch.

I'm looking for the scans, theyre on comicbookrescourceforums.

Wynndar
I dont think he broke his arm...if he damages Thing's skin its still just Skin...the Thing has a skelaton. He broke his arm in a different issue and explicitely said it was the first time he had broken a bone.

long pig
What issue was that?
Still, why would it say "KRACK!" and before then, show karnaks ability to see weaknesses in objects.
And Thing screaming didn't make it look any less painful either.

What issue did he say was the first time he broke his bone?
This was back in 1965-66' they did a lot of things to the characters and revamp them in the late 70's.

Wynndar
If Thing broke his arm he would be done for a while...he has to heal from a broken bone just like anyone else...He broke his arm when he crashed a super jet he was testing for Shield...he then ended up having to fight off the Man-Thing...I wont be back with my collection for at least another week so idk the actual number...

long pig
maybe it just broke the outer hard skin, it'd explain the cracking noise.

but I must admit, I'm bias when it comes to Karnak, the coolest of the inhumans IMO.

Wynndar
Oh i have much respect for Karnak...I just know if Thing broke his arm, he'd be out of it...So it sounds out of character...I think they were just trying to put emphasis on the "rockiness" of Thing's skin.

long pig
That works for me. big grin

No need for comic numbers on the Thing issue, I'll take your word for it.
You haven't given me a reason not to trust ya, even IF you don't think Hulk starts out at below class 100 evil facecool

whirlysplat
hng on it might have been in a sling after, only have that story in the old eithies marvel uk pocketbook reprints. I will hunt it outbig grin Karnak is cool thoughOriginally posted by long pig
Showed Karnak elbow chip and knee his arm at the same time smashing Things joint int the middle of the two and the sound effect said "KRRRACCKK!!", and thing screamed.

Not exactly sure what happend before or after it, but to me krack=broke, don't you think?
I took it as Karnak seeing Things joint's weakness and using it, which is well inside his ability to do, especially backed by a 1-2 ton punch.

I'm looking for the scans, theyre on comicbookrescourceforums.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.