What would happen If a lightsaber hit a mirror?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi_KnightAlly
Would the saber cut through the mirror? Or would it be reflected because its light???

Sesse
Just as an assault rifle doesn't shoot assaults, and deck guns don't fire decks, lightsaber beams aren't made of light.

Jedi_KnightAlly
Ehhh... Its a laser.... Its light....

Bardock42
Yeah i think it is light too....but maybe its soo strong and hot that it will just destroy the mirror ......maybe I don't kn0ow.....no one should point a lightsabre at a mirror thats my opinion

Jedi_KnightAlly
Yeah that sounds like a plan lol.

Sesse
http://www.exn.ca/starwars/lightsaber.cfm

At least it doesn't act like light.

Reborn Again
Judging by the 411 provided and witnessing that it does to human flesh, I'd say it would cut through a mirror like a hot knife through butter. Curious that that there aren't any mirrors in Star wars though.

Otaku_Sith
There are mirrors in StarWars,but why the f*** would GL shoot a scene where somebody hits a mirror with a lightsaber?

Jedi_KnightAlly
I think your missing the point....would the beam reflect and act like light does? Or would it burn through the glass.

Fishy
It would burn threw the glass, there is no reason to assume the beam would reflect on something that gives a reflection. Besides if it would reflect why would troops still wear armour? Just put a mirror around them and send them up against a Jedi army... They can't lose anymore stick out tongue

Otaku_Sith
It would probably burn through.And if not the jedi or Sith in question would have a big problem.

Jedi_KnightAlly
A modern laser would reflect off a mirror though...

Jedi_KnightAlly
Yeah mebby the heat would do it....

exanda kane
I thought it was more a beam of energy that stays at a certain length, not a laser or light sword.

Jedi_KnightAlly
George lucas uses the term "laser sword" implying it uses light.

exanda kane
Yeh, but he had that in mind when lasers were hardly invented, not releasing that they were puny little red beams

Jedi_KnightAlly
Lol. All righty then.

Darth Ridah
lets see...... the mirror would brake.... seriously if you think about it, if a lightsaber couldn't put in work on a mirror, don't you think that just mabye we'd have heard somthing about mirrored armor for people that don't feel like a lighsaber enema? What the f**k?

Darth Ridah
I meant break...... geez I gotta quit stayin up all night

JediHDM
considering lasers are being tested to bring down missiles in a missile defence sheild, and they are working nominally well, ripping a hole in the missile skin, then no, a lightsaber would not reflect off a mirror.

Ushgarak
Lightsabres do not act remotely like Light. The mirror would be destroyed, and that is that.

Skkouth
dude, the lightsaber doesnt emit heat nopr light, the lights sabers are made with a diferent material, the force crystals. the saber will cut the mirror like any other thing.

SithKiller
Man I saw this in spaceballs it will reflect.... laughing out loud

Jedi_KnightAlly
Lol, kk, i suppose star wars laws are totally different to physics laws.

jackstain
it would go through it.

SithKiller
tellin ya it will bounce back and hit ya in the nads...lol

Naga Sadow
LoooooooL, omfg.
I just read a PC magazine today, and since this month is ROTS premiere, the whole damn mag is dedicated to star wars or something that is close to SW.

so there was an article about this deflection thingy.
So listen up: Lighsaber would be deflected, but only if the mirror is without even a microscopic mistake. If only a micrometer is damaged, the mirror is destroyed. Why dont they have mirror armors? well, they dont only fight against jedi, and besides a single molecule of dust would destroy the ability of reflections. and also, ever thought how easily mirrors are broken?

joeykangaroo
Originally posted by Jedi_KnightAlly
Would the saber cut through the mirror? Or would it be reflected because its light???
wouldnt it break it
not that i would know,

Jedi_KnightAlly
Originally posted by Naga Sadow
LoooooooL, omfg.
I just read a PC magazine today, and since this month is ROTS premiere, the whole damn mag is dedicated to star wars or something that is close to SW.

so there was an article about this deflection thingy.
So listen up: Lighsaber would be deflected, but only if the mirror is without even a microscopic mistake. If only a micrometer is damaged, the mirror is destroyed. Why dont they have mirror armors? well, they dont only fight against jedi, and besides a single molecule of dust would destroy the ability of reflections. and also, ever thought how easily mirrors are broken?

Naga Sadow.... You kick ass big grin thumb up

Darth Ridah
thank you for clearing that one up................ ON TO THE NEXT THREAD!!! zorro

Naga Sadow
big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin

lol

SithKiller
see it can bounce back in hit ya in the nads...told ya

Draykid
I always thought that lightsabres were made out of plasma. xD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.