Vargas vs. Iron Fist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wickerman
I'm not sure about this one, but i'd LOVE to see a fight between the two. Iron Fist is ma' main man, but even so, remember that Vargas beat Beast to a bloody pulp, gutted psylocke with his sword, captured Gambit (even beat him at a card game O_o), defeated Shaitan the chief lieutenant of the Khan invasion and then proceeded to impale rogue and gambit on his sword.

He's considered "stronger and faster than most mutants, and posessing a great intellect".

So....what do you say?
Can Iron Fist shatter his sword and then proceed to breaking Vargas into pieces? or does he get gutted?

ps: Vargas also has excellent reflexes.

~wickerman~

armandovalles
Iron Fist wins, there are not many people, in fact, the only ones that can survive a fully powered Chi-Punch from iron Fist are the super heavyweights like Thing, Hulk, Juggy, etc so one fully charged punch from iron fist and Vargas is dead.

Wickerman
Originally posted by armandovalles
Iron Fist wins, there are not many people, in fact, the only ones that can survive a fully powered Chi-Punch from iron Fist are the super heavyweights like Thing, Hulk, Juggy, etc so one fully charged punch from iron fist and Vargas is dead.

I have no doubt about the fact that one single punch would knock him out. Now, i didn't say kill him, because he put up quite a fight against rogue, not to mention beast which he beat to a bloody pulp. However, seeing as how we decided in another thread that Iron Fist's chi can dent even colossus's organic steel skin, i doubt of the ones you listed Thing wouldn't get knocked out.

~wickerman~

armandovalles
Here's a list of people that in my opinion would not get knocked out by his fully charged punch:
Savage Hulk
Professor Hulk
Abomination
Juggernaut
Colossus
Thing
Thor
Beta Ray Bill
Morg
Terrax
Gladiator
Silver Surfer
Rhino
Current She-Hulk
Drax the Destroyer
Thanos
Galactus
Celestials
High Fathers
Hercules
Eternity, LT, etc.

Most of those guys would be hurt a little, but not knocked out.

Wickerman
Here's a list of people that in my opinion would not get knocked out by his fully charged punch:
Savage Hulk
Professor Hulk
Abomination
Juggernaut
Colossus
Thing
Thor
Beta Ray Bill
Morg
Terrax
Gladiator
Silver Surfer
Rhino
Current She-Hulk
Drax the Destroyer
Thanos
Galactus
Celestials
High Fathers
Hercules
Eternity, LT, etc.

Most of those guys would be hurt a little, but not knocked out.

Armando, this isn't an "Iron Fist" vs. the world thread so please please edit your post.

also, to get back on topic, i'm not saying a punch wouldn't knock vargas out (a kick would also work since i believe Iron Fist can focus his chi in his feet as well), btu the question is: "Can Iron Fist land a punch on Vargas before Vargas manages to impale him?"

~wickerman~

armandovalles
yea, Iron Fist can easily land a punch, the guys a trained ninja for god's sake!

Wickerman
yea, Iron Fist can easily land a punch, the guys a trained ninja for god's sake!

laughing Yes, so was psylocke, a trained Ninja (extremely well trained ninja) AND a telepath as well. And she got gutted easily by Vargas.

~wickerman~

GalacticStorm
I believe Vargas would take this

Piedmon
When Psylocke directs her telekenisis into an attack at Vargas, it takes the form of a red laser-like beam that Vargas almost dodges, and still manages to turn into only a glancing hit.

To repeat: Vargas evades Psylocke's brain waves.

If he can dodge brain waves, he can dodge Rand's punch. Iron Fist gets gutted before he has the chance to make a second punch.

Mider
Who is Vargas and what can He do?

Wickerman
Originally posted by Mider
Who is Vargas and what can He do?

Vargas is a mutant that claims to be in a new race of mutants, superior to regular ones. He's superstrong and fast, wicked with a sword and has a great deal of brain power to boot. Like i said in the first post, he beat beast to a bloody pulp, and right after, gutted psylocke (thank you vargas big grin ). Later on, he beat gambit at a card game O_o, then he impaled both gambit and rogue (with her superstrength and all) on his sword.

~wickerman~

Wynndar
its a hard one...but i think its generally accepted that Iron-Fist's fighting skills r of a differnt level than X-Men ninjas like Psylocke or Wolverine. It would either be a good fight, or IF would use him...I know i have the issue but i havent read it in a long time...how did the x-men beat Vargas?

Wickerman
Originally posted by Wynndar
its a hard one...but i think its generally accepted that Iron-Fist's fighting skills r of a differnt level than X-Men ninjas like Psylocke or Wolverine. It would either be a good fight, or IF would use him...I know i have the issue but i havent read it in a long time...how did the x-men beat Vargas?

they didn't. Or rather couldn't. In the end Rogue goes crazy and goes after Vargas and absorbs his powers. She starts fighting a weakened Vargas with his own powers and sword (which is a normal sword) and nearly kills him, but then comes out of her bloodlust and doesn;t. However, that was a bit of a stretch since he had already beaten her once. And i don't think it'd be that easy on IF either. Not saying he wouldn't win, but it would be a really cool fight to watch IMO.

~wickerman~

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.