Qui-Gon NOT IN EPISODE III !!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EjkoUSC
It is Sundaythe 15th and I just got out of the digital screening of Episode III at USC and was dissapointed to see that despite all the scripts, books, and reviews Ive read there is NO QUI-GON/YODA scene. Is this an old confirmation I overlooked? Is it because it was the digital screening that the scene was cut? Thescene as is just shows Yoda thinking to himself in the observation room until Bail Organa enters. In between wassupposed to be Qui-Gons appearance (or at least his voice) but nothing happened. And at the end Yoda tells Obi-Wan he needs training from Qui-Gon. Twas very sudden, very out of place and completely half assed. Have any of you seen a printof the film WITH the scene?

Ken Kenobi
It was announced a bit ago that the scene was cut.

ctsketch
yeah this is the most disapointing cut of the movie, hopefully it will be on the DVD

TheAnimal
that pisses me off also cause lucas said the force ghost thing will be explained.

GreatJediKnight
does plo koon speak before he dies?!? and how does koar and tiin specifically die? but yea i was hopig qui-gon was in it still...

Knowone
old new sad sorry to let you know

EHmasterJedi
That was a VERY stupid cut VERY, time would NOT of been a issue with that becasue it probably wouldnt of lasted a minute

Mist
is this from the digital version or normal? would the digital still have it?

worse.cut.ever....shame on you lucasmad

yodafan
I agree I really wanted to see that scene. I 2nd worse cut ever!

kremzike
Both versions have been seen and neither has Qui-Gon's scene. It was confirmed as cut a while back. Hopefully, this will be one of the 5-6 scenes re-edited in for the DVD release.

EHmasterJedi
Will they re-edit them back into the movie, or just put them in the extra features DVD, or will they edit them in, and have 5-6 OTHER scenes on the specail features DVD

Mist
i seriously feel like kicking lucas in the nads right now....i was hoping hed leave that scene alone....(yeah, i know you all said it was old news, but i didnt know til nowsad )

maybe he thought little kiddies would be scared of seeing a ghost.....ooo...scary.....that wouldve pushed it into an M rating....

(heh....its M over here already big grin , our ratings are different)

macgeek2005
Originally posted by EjkoUSC
It is Sundaythe 15th and I just got out of the digital screening of Episode III at USC and was dissapointed to see that despite all the scripts, books, and reviews Ive read there is NO QUI-GON/YODA scene. Is this an old confirmation I overlooked? Is it because it was the digital screening that the scene was cut? Thescene as is just shows Yoda thinking to himself in the observation room until Bail Organa enters. In between wassupposed to be Qui-Gons appearance (or at least his voice) but nothing happened. And at the end Yoda tells Obi-Wan he needs training from Qui-Gon. Twas very sudden, very out of place and completely half assed. Have any of you seen a printof the film WITH the scene?

Hey, you've seen it. What's your favorite Star Wars movie?

Envious Eyes
OH man, this is a dissapointment to me. I was looking forward to this scene. I wonder what the reason for this being cut was?

Anakin2Vader
wow that sucks..... i was reeeeally looking forward to that

El_NINO
Why does GL have to cut most of the good scenes just so they can be on the DVD, I was looking forward to this scene

bill9d9
Aghh...stupid Lucas!

mtryder
Wow, count on Lucas to cut one of the five or six most consequential scenes of the entire PT.

kremzike
Originally posted by EHmasterJedi
Will they re-edit them back into the movie, or just put them in the extra features DVD, or will they edit them in, and have 5-6 OTHER scenes on the specail features DVD

They are re-editing in 5-6 scenes into the movie itself for the DVD release. They've already been working on it. God, I wish I could remember exactly where I read it, but it was a quote from someone who actually worked on Ep 3. Maybe Roger Barton. Can't recall.

LandoSpeeder2
Originally posted by kremzike
They are re-editing in 5-6 scenes into the movie itself for the DVD release. They've already been working on it. God, I wish I could remember exactly where I read it, but it was a quote from someone who actually worked on Ep 3. Maybe Roger Barton. Can't recall. Are you F***ing seriouse! I can't wait for the DVD relase now!

macgeek2005
What is your favorite Star Wars movie now?

Anakin2Vader
i wish i had that smilie that is slamming its head down over and over again because that is how i feel about this cut

williamdefalco
Unfortunately it seems that this is the new wave of thinking regarding studios and movies. They purposefully leave out certain scenes that fans want, knowing full well that if they package them into a special-edition, multi-disc DVD, and charge a higher than usual price for these inclusions, the fans will pay the higher price in order to see something they never saw in the theater. This is basically the same marketing ploy that happened with the Saruman scenes on the Return of the King DVD, or Ben Affleck's scene from the Elektra DVD.

The Ones
or because lucas never got to finish it on time

PVS
SPOILER IN THE TITLE!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks alot DICK

BrianWilsonJedi
WOW news to me... 3 weeks ago

kremzike
Originally posted by PVS
SPOILER IN THE TITLE!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks alot DICK

To me, this is not really a spoiler. Spoilers are plot points & such in the movie that you're learning about before you see it. This is kinda the opposite. A lot of people were thinking that Qui-Gon would be in ROTS. They would've left the theater pissed. Now, they might still be pissed at the fact that he's been cut, but i'm sure it's to a lesser degree, and they won't be waiting for a scene that's not in the final cut. I was really looking forward to this scene but then I found out before I saw it that this scene had been cut, so when that part of the film came on, I didn't destroy the theater in a fit of rage like I would've if I was expecting it & didn't get it. This is old news, but still news that I was glad to get when I heard it. Helped me go in with a more proper expectation level.

neo313
why the effing hell would GL cut out qui-gon, seriously. I stand behind his decisions 95% of the time, but this just doesn't make any sense at all. mad mad mad mad What the f**k? What the f**k? What the f**k?

kungfubamboo
This is very very disappointing news. Does anyone have the dialog transcript from the scene? And more importantly, can anyone shed any serious light on WHY Qui-Gon was cut?? confused sad mad

BrianWilsonJedi
Originally posted by williamdefalco
Unfortunately it seems that this is the new wave of thinking regarding studios and movies. They purposefully leave out certain scenes that fans want, knowing full well that if they package them into a special-edition, multi-disc DVD, and charge a higher than usual price for these inclusions, the fans will pay the higher price in order to see something they never saw in the theater. This is basically the same marketing ploy that happened with the Saruman scenes on the Return of the King DVD, or Ben Affleck's scene from the Elektra DVD.

Someone bought the Electra DVD, how long was that in theaters anyway?

darthvader_fan
i really dont care. Qui-Gon f***ing annoys me anywho so i really dont think that it is a big deal so to bad

mysterio69
YODA: Failed to stop the Sith Lord, I have. Still much to learn, there is ...

QUI -GON: (V.O.) Patience. You will have time. I did not. When I became one with the Force I made a great discovery. With my training, you will be able to merge with the Force at will. Your physical self will fade away, but you will still retain your consciousness. You will become more powerful than any Sith.

YODA: Eternal consciousness.

QUI-GON: (V.O.) The ability to defy oblivion can be achieved, but only for oneself. It was accomplished by a Shaman of the Whills. It is a state acquired through compassion, not greed.

YODA: . . . to become one with the Force, and influence still have . . . A power greater than all, it is.

QUI-GON: (V.O.) You will learn to let go of everything. No attachment, no thought of self. No physical self.

YODA: A great Jedi Master, you have become, Qui-Gon Jinn. Your apprentice I gratefully become.

Mist
and now we're left STILL with no explanation of force ghosts theories coz of this cut. damn damn damn you GL.

Darth Jello
well, I had high expectations for this movie, especially after kevin smith and nearly every british paper said this was the best out of all six star wars movies. But now this, along with Grievous being turned from a cybernetic demon in the clone wars toon, to a metal asthmatic velociraptor has me less than thrilled. This movie desparately needs Marcia Lucas.

leowyatt
QUI-GON is dead darth maul killed him

kremzike
Originally posted by Darth Jello
well, I had high expectations for this movie, especially after kevin smith and nearly every british paper said this was the best out of all six star wars movies. But now this, along with Grievous being turned from a cybernetic demon in the clone wars toon, to a metal asthmatic velociraptor has me less than thrilled. This movie desparately needs Marcia Lucas.

Even without this one scene, this movie was awesome. Don't knock it 'til you've seen it yourself. Then knock it all you want if you still feel the same.

As for Grievous, blame the cartoon. The movies are canon, so their characterization is what I believe to be correct.

Maybe it's good that your expectations are lowered. You'll probably like it that much more.

Darth Jello
the difference so far at i've seen is that in the movie (from the clips in the game), grievous looks and acts like a simple enforcer or thug. In the cartoon he actually holds an aura of fear around him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.