Batman vs Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Feeble Force
Both get one week prep time.

I have Iron man in this one. Iron man has just as much if not more money and resources than bruce wayne. He has just as much big fight experience with the avengers as bats with jla. If you take the mask off wayne he's just a guy with advanced martial art skills. Oh and yea im new so dont insult me too much or I might cry.

kgkg
Iron Man lot more Guns

Cosmic Cube
Even if Batman could come up with a battle suit in one week, it would still pale in comparison what Tony has in his arsenal. No matter how much prep-time you give him, Batman loses.

DarkCrawler
And genius level intelligence...and array of different skills that would make Iron Man pale in comparison.

Feeble Force
Tony stark is also a genius and has demonstrated that buy building his armor.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
And genius level intelligence...and array of different skills that would make Iron Man pale in comparison.

Actually, Stark is smarter than Batman. Wayne is a genius, a far superior fighter, and he may be more clever, but Tony is on the same level as Reed, Doom, Banner, Thanos, and Pym. Batman's probably on Xavier's level.

Mainstream
Batman properly a super genius..but just bearly.

Wickerman
Batman is a STRATEGIC genius. He's also very witty and such. When comparing his intelligence to that of Tony Stark it's like comparing two kids that need some info on something.
Batman = kid that goes on google and finds what he's looking for.

Tony Stark = kid that has no life, reads an entire book on the subject....and doesn't forget it

~wickerman~

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Wickerman
Batman is a STRATEGIC genius. He's also very witty and such. When comparing his intelligence to that of Tony Stark it's like comparing two kids that need some info on something.

Tony Stark = kid that has no life, reads an entire book on the subject....and doesn't forget it

~wickerman~

Batman is a genius.

Tony Stark is a superhuman genius.

He does have a life. Tony Stark is an alcoholic whoremonger. The wealthiest alcoholic whoremonger there is. If that isn't a life, I don't know what is.

Mainstream
Batman is only a Genius okay I'll buy.

nigel45

~wickerman~

I wouldn't say that. Bruce doesn't search for answers only when there are questions, he usually knows enough to HAVE the answers already. But I have no idea which one's smarter.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Batman is a genius.

Tony Stark is a superhuman genius.

He does have a life. Tony Stark is an alcoholic whoremonger. The wealthiest alcoholic whoremonger there is. If that isn't a life, I don't know what is.

he's my hero then thumb up

~wickerman~

Cosmic Cube
lol

Mainstream
Tony smarter...like when it comes to inventing

but Bruce is more cunning able to think on his feet.

Wickerman
I'm forced to rewrite that little parable about the difference between intelligence and cleverness:

A proffessor was once asked of the difference between cleverness and intelligence. To answer his students he said: When man reached space, he realized he could not use a pen to write down on paper, because there was no force to push the ink through. Thusly, the Americans told their best engineers to work hard, toiled for a while and created a special pen that could write on any surface, upside down, without needing gravity. The Russians used a pencil.

~wickerman~

ps: batman is clever = russians, stark is intelligent - americans

Cosmic Cube
I'm forced to rewrite that little parable about the difference between intelligence and cleverness:

A proffessor was once asked of the difference between cleverness and intelligence. To answer his students he said: When man reached space, he realized he could not use a pen to write down on paper, because there was no force to push the ink through. Thusly, the Americans told their best engineers to work hard, toiled for a while and created a special pen that could write on any surface, upside down, without needing gravity. The Russians used a pencil.

~wickerman~

Russians aren't better than Americans.

Batman's russian?

whirlysplat

Batman's russian?

DarkCrawler
Hmm...will Iron Man build an Batbuster armor? laughing out loud

WindDancer
Batman builds a large magnetic field and captures Iron Man. Then overcharges the field and fries Iron Man. Thus Batman wins and Iron Man loses. Tony Stark maybe a great industrialist, but he doesn't have the genius of Bruce Wayne. Batman wins no contest.

Mainstream
Originally posted by WindDancer
Batman builds a large magnetic field and captures Iron Man. Then overcharges the field and fries Iron Man. Thus Batman wins and Iron Man loses. Tony Stark maybe a great industrialist, but he doesn't have the genius of Bruce Wayne. Batman wins no contest.

Iron man Iron suit working against him so much for the "genius" of Tony Stark laughing

Wickerman

Batman's russian?

Can we all stop to say Metaphore? stick out tongue

"Batman builds a large magnetic field and captures Iron Man. Then overcharges the field and fries Iron Man. Thus Batman wins and Iron Man loses. Tony Stark maybe a great industrialist, but he doesn't have the genius of Bruce Wayne. Batman wins no contest."

Nice idea, i like it. thumb up

~wickerman~

Wanderer259
Tony's armor is probably incapable of being magnetized. And let's not forget that Tony also has a week to prepare.

Swanky-Tuna
We need lifeisaglich here to boast about Batman's crappy apokaliptian tech.

lifeisaglich
haha swanky-tuna you where paying attention. Anyways BOOM TUBE... anyone. AND BYE BYE Iron Man. To a planet far far away. Or into the sun...what ever rocks your boat.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by whirlysplat

No, seriously?
shifty

Cosmic Cube
Can we all stop to say Metaphore? stick out tongue

"Batman builds a large magnetic field and captures Iron Man. Then overcharges the field and fries Iron Man. Thus Batman wins and Iron Man loses. Tony Stark maybe a great industrialist, but he doesn't have the genius of Bruce Wayne. Batman wins no contest."

Nice idea, i like it. thumb up

~wickerman~

I was joking. I thought I made that obvious. Guess I'm not all that funny. sad

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by WindDancer

Actually, yeah he is.

Tony Stark has every bit of Bruce Waynes genius, plus more. Iron Man's armor is completely demagnetized, and it's composed of a Vibranium alloy. Magnetism isn't going to work.

Originally posted by lifeisaglich
haha swanky-tuna you where paying attention. Anyways BOOM TUBE... anyone. AND BYE BYE Iron Man. To a planet far far away. Or into the sun...what ever rocks your boat.

...Floats your boat.

Anyone remember a little gadget called the Ultimate Nullifier? I think were undercutting Iron Man a little. Iron Man won't be sitting on his ass during the entirety of the prep-time period.

Transporting him into the sun might help him. His armor could absorb some of it's energy. If the gravity doesn't harm him too much, he could rocket out of there more powerful than ever.

Superherovandal
what is the point of the Ultimate N. Ironman would lose too. Plus no way in a week prep that Iron Man can get the UN. But Batman can easily get the New God technology which is millions times greater than any Earth tech. I would say overall Batman is smarter by the way of he is a better strategist, better at solving things, and can do everything Iron man can.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Superherovandal
New God technology which is millions times greater than any Earth tech
But it can't do a thing against Superman? Either they're really unimaginative or it sucks.

WindDancer
Actually, yeah he is.

Tony Stark has every bit of Bruce Waynes genius, plus more. Iron Man's armor is completely demagnetized, and it's composed of a Vibranium alloy. Magnetism isn't going to work.

I was basing my argument from the old Iron Man battle armor. Electrecity won't work. Okay, I guess Batman could resort to hacking. I'm sure the batcomputer would come in handy.

lifeisaglich
You know Cosmic Cube you got me. Well Iron coming back from the sun more stronger, that is as you said if the gravity of the sun does not make ironman a permanent resident. Well then lets say that Ironman escape the gravity of the sun and he is coming back even stronger than before, well how about now batman uses the boom tube and send Ironman to a different dimension.

And by the way the Ironman using the Ultimate Nullifier, he is going to end up committing suicide. While batman can use the Boom Tube and transport himself to a planet far far away. or a different dimension.

Boom Tube great offensive capabilities and even greater defensive attributes. Any way you look at it Boom Tube great for batman but very bad for Ironman.

Come now Swanky-Tuna is it not possible that they do not know how to release the full potential of their craft?

OtterVomit
Anybody ever tried using nanites on Iron Man?

Swanky-Tuna
Come now Swanky-Tuna is it not possible that they do not know how to release the full potential of their craft?
It could be possible they're apes with handguns.

lifeisaglich
Who am I to disagree.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Superherovandal
what is the point of the Ultimate N. Ironman would lose too. Plus no way in a week prep that Iron Man can get the UN. But Batman can easily get the New God technology which is millions times greater than any Earth tech. I would say overall Batman is smarter by the way of he is a better strategist, better at solving things, and can do everything Iron man can.

Why wouldn't he be able to get the Ultimate Nullifier? It's in his arsenal.

Batman loses. Iron Man is already more powerful, and he could put the Prep-time to use just as well as Batman could.

lifeisaglich
What happens when you use the ultimate Nullifier?

Swanky-Tuna
What happens when you use the ultimate Nullifier?
IM would die, but he wouldn't get beaten by Batman, haha.

Rand McCorrmic
There's only one problem with the magnetic field, Iron Mans primary weapon is his replusers. Basicly a reverse magnetic field emitter, and Iron Man is a misnomer, the Armor is more composit material than metal.
Now if it was a drinking contest, Tony would win easily.

Rand McCorrmic
You know I really should have read the second page before I wrote such a stupid reply.

But Tony would still win that drinking contest

mdbull73
If Batman had preptime and he is a genius, then he would definitely create a suit and arsenal to match Iron Man's arsenal.

However, without prep, Batman can't directly beat Iron Man.

But since you said preptime, Batman wins.

SnakeEyes
Batman COULD win, but Iron Man most likely has this in the bag.

DarkCrawler
Batman is the master of preptime.

MrHeavySilence
Tony Stark isn't as innovative when it comes to combat. It's mainly developing the gadgets whereas Bruce focuses more on vitality and harnessing the gadgets.

Batman > Iron Man

jinzin
with a week of prep? batman......he can work on iron mans mental/phsycological state as much as he can the physical one.....and with all the guilt/baggage iron man carries around....that's a lot to work with.....plus batman has so many gadgets and failsafes with prep time it's not even funny.......

bertran
I guess the more relevant question, and I pose this to all the Batman Fanboys, is: Who COULDN'T Batman beat with a week of prep time?

whobdamandog
Originally posted by bertran
I guess the more relevant question, and I pose this to all the Batman Fanboys, is: Who COULDN'T Batman beat with a week of prep time?

God.

bertran
lol :-)

IRTMU-Dragon
Iron Man has class 100 strength, doesnt he?

LordFear
Originally posted by Mainstream
Tony smarter...like when it comes to inventing

but Bruce is more cunning able to think on his feet.

I have to disagree with that statement because IM has proven to be very creative while on his feet. He has fought a lot of foes who were clearly superior but give him just a little bit of intel and some time he will devise a method to put you down. He is a Magiver in a high power suit

Bialaska
If I'm not mistaken then Iron Man did fix his suit so it couldn't be EMP'ed and stuff years ago.

My guess is that Batman would spend his week spying on Iron Man and then move in when Stark isn't in his armor. Then there's no match. If Tony is in his armor, I think he will overpower Batman, although Batman has the power that says that he always wins.

LordFear
Originally posted by Bialaska
If I'm not mistaken then Iron Man did fix his suit so it couldn't be EMP'ed and stuff years ago.

My guess is that Batman would spend his week spying on Iron Man and then move in when Stark isn't in his armor. Then there's no match. If Tony is in his armor, I think he will overpower Batman, although Batman has the power that says that he always wins.

Well IM has two means of preventing his suit to be accessed.
Believe me those security measures are virtually unable to be bypassed.
I doubt Bruce has the resources to probe further into the matter.
His opponent mirrors him in every way plus a step up in intellect

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
Tony Stark isn't as innovative when it comes to combat. It's mainly developing the gadgets whereas Bruce focuses more on vitality and harnessing the gadgets.

Batman > Iron Man

Says who? Iron Man is an excellent tactician. He isn't just some nerd in a robot suit. Iron Man is superior to Batman in every way, except perhaps fighting ability.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by IRTMU-Dragon
Iron Man has class 100 strength, doesnt he?

cool Yes he does! IM wins quickly and decisively.

leonidas
IM is a tough bastard and one of my faves. stark IS a genius, but his intellect usually takes a different course than wayne's. wayne is . . . obsessive. after a week, who the hell knows WHAT they'd come up with, but i'm guessing it would be something to make the battle very even. though i like IM better, my gut says take bats. the thing that tilts the scale is that little voice reminding me that spidey once took out IM 2020 . . .

this would be a tres cool match up though!

Nevermind
Any guy that bulids an armour suit with a $h1t load of guns has my vote.

seaapple
Ok, they are both men, but which would you rather be hit with a bat or an iron?

Therein lies the answer.

bertran
leonidas, knowing you..you would probably say that a lion could take on 40 midgets! c'mon now, check yourself!

LordFear
So Bruce would be obessed in devising a method to defeat IM.
The thing is that Tony is working just as hard to take him down.
My vote is IM. The guy nearly rivals Doom and Stretcho in terms of intellect.
A weapons designer expert and a genius engineer with vaste amounts of $ to back up his finances. The closest to that Bruce has faced is Ra'hs Ghul and Lex on occasions.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Tony Stark
cool Yes he does! IM wins quickly and decisively.

*commenting on picture*

He missed! How could he miss?! He was three feet in front of- *Object behind GL blows up*

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by seaapple
Ok, they are both men, but which would you rather be hit with a bat or an iron?

Therein lies the answer.

lol laughing out loud

CorderaMitchell
Hello?

saurabh kanhere

~wickerman~

saurabh kanhere
Originally posted by mdbull73
If Batman had preptime and he is a genius, then he would definitely create a suit and arsenal to match Iron Man's arsenal.

However, without prep, Batman can't directly beat Iron Man.

But since you said preptime, Batman wins.

relentless1
Batman, hes more disciplined and has more battlefield expertise that Iron Man. Although Iron Man will most likely outclass him in raw firepower Batman has a knack for thinking around such obstacles and overcoming, especially with prep he gets a psych profile going as well and whatever else he can come up with. Remember, the only reason he's truly been able to stand up to Superman and the only real reason that Tower of Babel was even possible is because Batman knows his friends/enemies psychological weaknesses as well as the physical and Tony Stark has a huge weakness when it comes to a psych profile, something that Batman would exploit and take advantage of for sure.

ODG
^ Batman had years to prepare those plans stolen by Ra's against unsuspecting allies. He doesn't have years in this scenario and it's against an equally prepared and aware foe.

relentless1
years =/= week, it doesnt matter how much time he really gets past a certain point, do you think you'd be able to research a better paper paper on hitler if you had a year vs a month? the answer is no, especially with knowledge available at your fingertips the way it is nowadays

ODG
Originally posted by relentless1
years =/= week, it doesnt matter how much time he really gets past a certain point, do you think you'd be able to research a better paper paper on hitler if you had a year vs a month? the answer is no, The answer would be a resounding "yes." I'm baffled at how you could possibly think otherwise to a point somewhere between anger and despair.

facepalm

Rezactic
Originally posted by relentless1
Batman, hes more disciplined and has more battlefield expertise that Iron Man. Although Iron Man will most likely outclass him in raw firepower Batman has a knack for thinking around such obstacles and overcoming, especially with prep he gets a psych profile going as well and whatever else he can come up with. Remember, the only reason he's truly been able to stand up to Superman and the only real reason that Tower of Babel was even possible is because Batman knows his friends/enemies psychological weaknesses as well as the physical and Tony Stark has a huge weakness when it comes to a psych profile, something that Batman would exploit and take advantage of for sure. There was also Return of Bruce Wayne which IMO is better than anything Tony ever did.

relentless1
Originally posted by ODG
The answer would be a resounding "yes." I'm baffled at how you could possibly think otherwise to a point somewhere between anger and despair.

facepalm

I say that because theres only so much info you can dig up on a person and it wouldn't take Batman a year to draw up a psych profile or any other info on Tony that he'd need to win, i guess my analogy was a poor one, point is that once Bats knows what there is to know about Stark he'll act accordingly; thats what Batman is good at; gathering all the info and formulating a plan of attack and he'd have more than enough on tony to cripple him mentally/physically and emotionally if need be.

DarkSaint85
IM has this.

Branlor Swift
Why wouldn't he be able to get the Ultimate Nullifier? It's in his arsenal.

Batman loses. Iron Man is already more powerful, and he could put the Prep-time to use just as well as Batman could. Suck a meaty cock.

Star428

~wickerman~

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Batman's russian?

Indeed, they are not. If anything, it's the other way around.. smile

golem370
Batman is more of a biology scientist type where Tony is more of a hardware/software/tech type of genius imo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.