The Price of X-box 360!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkAnakin226
Okay the price of X-box 360 is just insane, it will cost you $300! thats not including the extra keyboard and mouse you can get for it, for x-box LIVE! Happy Dance But still after three or four years, heres the new x-box I AM WILLING TO PAY THE PRICE! Happy Dance

cal31
How is it insane? It's the same price the original XBOX cost.

DarkAnakin226
Wtf, mine costed like a $150... did x-box really cost $300.. if it did I got it really cheap then!

cal31
When it first came out yes it did.

dAngEr_Is_gO!
I bought mine originally for $300 so I'm quite suprised that the Xbox 360 will launch around the same price. Bring it on I say.

dark1365
You get free Live service?

Smasandian
Where did you get this?

splintercell
THE GUYS AT EB GAMES SAID IT WAS $600 I GOT A BONE TO PICK WITH THEM

JToTheP
And here we go with the price speculation. laughing

Smasandian
I agree with JtoTheP, I havnt seen anything yet.

I doubt it will cost $300.

DanZeke25
That would be great though

sai12
I wish it was $300. I've heard more around the $500 range. Though 300 would be alright with me!! *prays for 300*

Draco69
It's most likely going to be around $400 to $500. Which makes sense considering the hardware. I can afford it.

forumcrew
300 would be really cheap

Ming Tea!
I think I'm gonna cop that PS3, it sounds and looks promising.

BackFire
300 is the average cost of a new console, PS3 will probably cost around that much when it's first released too.

Draco69
I doubt it would be 300. It's like a PC now. The PS2 didn't have internet access, a music video player, and a dozen other crap on it.

Delta 62
They're not going to continue raising prices too dramatically. Some people would pay it, but most would not. And as some folks have said..there's no point with stupid speculation. I remember when people were saying the PSP would cost 400, and the DS would cost 200.

mr.smiley
I agree.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by DarkAnakin226
Okay the price of X-box 360 is just insane, it will cost you $300! thats not including the extra keyboard and mouse you can get for it, for x-box LIVE! Happy Dance But still after three or four years, heres the new x-box I AM WILLING TO PAY THE PRICE! Happy Dance

You must be really young or just totally oblivous to the world of video games. 300$ for xbox 360 is a very reasonable price to ask for.

Smasandian
It's not $300. Nonbody knows how much it will cost.

Mist
i dont care about the price anymore...after watching the trailers....im sold

Smasandian
the trailers for the PS3 look alot better than XBOX, but its an controversy if its prerendered or not.

RoyMC
thats not possible I bought my xbox 1 for $400!

dark1365
PS3 may cost around $530.
the 360 would be around $250-500....bad news for the PS3 methinks.

DanZeke25
Originally posted by RoyMC
thats not possible I bought my xbox 1 for $400!

your retarded

dark1365
He probably bought it the day it came out, that's why it was so expensive.

DanZeke25
yeah but it was $300 the day it came out... wasnt it?

RaventheOnly
Considering that SOny is trying to get away with charging PSP for 250 base acessories laughing out loud fing insane by the way i think 300 would be a deal big grin for a whole home console where computers about equal to it would be 500+ range big grin

ragesRemorse
why would anyone buy a Ps3 or xbox360, when you will have to buy a PS4 and xbox720 three years down the road?

I see the next gen consoles as only cosmetic touch ups. I doubt gameplay will change very much at all. I dont see the graphics changing that drastically in the game play, atleast not worth $500.

Lana
Every game console I can think of that has come out recently cost $300 initially, and over the years the price drops. PS3, Xbox360, and whatever the hell they're calling the new Nintendo system (Revolution is the working name, I think) will probably all be in the $300 range when they come out.

Smasandian
It wont be $300.

There's a bigger leap in technology in the next-gen compared to the leap XBOX,PS2 and GC made 4-5 years ago. PS3 and XBOX 350 with its technology that they have compared to the components that are in the computers these days, would make both consoles cost over a thousand dollars.
Obvsiouly this isnt going to happen, but $500 for the new console is looking like the norm.

Primitive Screwhead
Microsoft really needs to be cautious on where they price this. Realistically, they should try to be within 15-20% of where the original X-Box listed it when it was released. Going any higher will put them into a similar boat that Panasonic and Goldstar found themselves with the 3DO once Playstation and Saturn hit the scene. I would guess $349.00 (if the original list was $399, and not $299, then I'm thinking it will stay at $399) will be a safe bet this first go round. Just my humble opinion.

Mainstream
420 to 520

Primitive Screwhead
Well, this little bit doesn't address the system price... but it looks like the game prices are going up by about 15% ($59.99 USD), about where I would expect the system increase to fall. Link below:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/groups/E3_2005/xbox360.asp

RoyMC
the day it came out it was $400 i bought it from best buy

hotsauce6548
I don't think they can go much higher than $350 and still get the sales they are hoping for.

For the casual gamers, that just ain't cuttin' it! erm

belly_jeans349
i went to gamestop everyone...i asked them when its comming out they said "sometime in fall" i asked them how much it is and they said "should be an estimate of $300", also read up on xbox360.com itll say it somewhere on there 2 wink

Royal Knight
Wtf, mine costed like a 0... did x-box really cost 0.. if it did I got it really cheap then!

yes basically that is what every system starts out at in price, when the demand goes down then the price goes down and becomes more cheap

Plus they should just call it a PC now, makes no sense.....since it has a hard drive like a pc and online

darth_royke

RoyMC
i use to live there but i moved here my bros are gonna buy it thoght when the price dcreaces that will take forever laughing

ragesRemorse
hey did microsoft buy out rockstar from sony?

Smasandian
Nope.

st41k3r
Originally posted by dark1365
You get free Live service?

it depends, on E3 live they said you do for a limited time or somthing

belly_jeans349
not wat i read in my magazine roll eyes (sarcastic)

U2K 96
I will be waiting anway, say when the price drops to 150 new and 130 used, then i will grab one. Till then, i will continue to play xbox 1 and my older systems and of course my pc.

Smasandian
You'll never see it at 150.

Darth Bulhas
Gates is gonna b smart
He'll c the ps3 price
n put the xbox 360 cheaper than it
now for xbox live:
rock Silver: Free Happy Dance
Gold:Only Free on weekends
I say its gonna b round 300$-400$
Nothing lower it'll b mid 300 or high 300
p.s With Gates making xbox live free
I cant see how the new xbox
isnt going to kill the ps3
Oh and check out the PS3 controllers
HAHAHA laughing out loud laughing

Darth Bulhas
Oh great news Bill Gates is a smart American guess what hes doing
Buying out Playstations games haha
Richest guy wins

WindDancer
Rich guys always win. IMO if you want the 360 do the right thing. Reserve it at EB or Gamestop. Not because of fear you won't find one when is released but because you can make payments early and finish paying it off in before the release date. Is better to have reserved and pay it off monthly.

darth_royke
the new ps3 controllers do look rather crap, but i've always thought the xbox controllers were unweildy and very ugly, like the design of the machine itself

Darth Bulhas
ya i liked the ps2 design way beta than the xbox i have both n i had so much more fun wit my xbox than my ps2 so ill stick wit microsoft
All i kno bill gates is gonna set the price lower than sony

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Darth Bulhas
Richest guy wins

the richest guy is losing the console war and losing badly.

sith_darth_jay
Richest guy wins

he must be smart, but more than that, he's desperate. He's arrogance won't let him give up the console war. and he didn't do as good as he said Xbox will yes. So what can he do? buy as much as he can, just like Nintendo does (resident evil). the question is: will they (the games) do as good as they did with sony?

sai12
Originally posted by WindDancer
Rich guys always win. IMO if you want the 360 do the right thing. Reserve it at EB or Gamestop. Not because of fear you won't find one when is released but because you can make payments early and finish paying it off in before the release date. Is better to have reserved and pay it off monthly.

Ooh! That's the best idea ever! (Not really..but close enough!) I really will look into doing that! *glomp*

You're the best! big grin

Darth Bulhas
well ill tell u one thing rite now the controlls will b beta haha cuz those sony tards made theirs look like a boomerang dumbasses

ragesRemorse
well ill tell u one thing rite now the controlls will b beta haha cuz those sony tards made theirs look like a boomerang dumbasses

yeah, looks as bad as the 64 controller.

Konjammenson
Originally posted by darth_royke
the new ps3 controllers do look rather crap, but i've always thought the xbox controllers were unweildy and very ugly, like the design of the machine itself

I agree with you on the machine. But the 's' type controllers were a big improvement on the original Xbox controllers. I rather like them.

RoyMC
xbox was 400 when i brought it so its probly 500 those people who brought it when it was 150 got it late I got it really early like the day it ame out

DaRk Lotus
Originally posted by BackFire
300 is the average cost of a new console, PS3 will probably cost around that much when it's first released too.

I heard that the ps3 will cost $600 confused

levi3man

JToTheP
Turn.Caps.Lock.Off.

JToTheP
Richest guy wins

Your an idiot trying to kiss his ass, Bill Gates is not buying Playstation or Nintendo. He should stick to computers, he fails at consoles.

DeRFmAn
yeah he did nothing but lose money on the xbox1

Smasandian
Are you sure about that?

I think they made some money.

Mainstream
Originally posted by Smasandian
Are you sure about that?

they did okay...not as good as they would have liked

Darth Bulhas
they actually did really great on the xbox
and he is buying out ps2 games im sorry you dont favor xbox
and that sony is gonna lose games
he didnt do terrible its the most advanced console out there not like ps2 when you get close to a wall and turn the camara your looking inside mad confused

mhacker
While the first Xbox was superior in hardware when compared to the PS2, it lost. Why? Because Sony has tons more third party support and tons more games. How many true RPGs (not action RPGs) can you name for Xbox? I guarentee you can count them on one hand.

This time around, it's going to be reverse... Xbox 360 is coming out before PS3, PS3 is going to be superior to the 360. It's going to be interesting to see the console war play out.

Oh, Xbox 360 is probably going to be $300, and PS3 is going to be anywhere from $400-500 ... Xbox will have the price advantage, at least. They're not going to have an easy time defeating Sony, though. PS1 beat N64, PS2 beat Xbox and Gamecube, so they're 2-0 in the last 2 console generations. Sony is very established and trusted.

Think on this... how many of you bought a Dreamcast after you saw Master System, Game Gear, and Genesis lose? And if you did, don't you feel sorry for it now?

Darth Bulhas
Sony has only showed pictures of what it looks like and what they're putting in it, dont believe a god damn thing whats going on for that they have some huge parts but they need other parts that they dont have to make those parts to do great, bill gates told the public that this isnt xbox 2 its xbox 360 and he has much more planned after xbox 360 , he doesnt want such a huge difference because he still wants to improve on hte next console, sony is full of it

Darth Bulhas
plus i wouldnt pay 400-500 dollars when you can have xbox 360 which only has a lil different stuff for only 300 if thats true

DanZeke25
i dont thinks Sony's that stupid to price it at 400-$500... just like he said^^^ many people would rather pay 300 dollers for the 360 that 400 or 500 dollers for the ps3.. i dont think the ps3 will be THAT much better to pay $100 or more than than the 360 is.

Mainstream
if the PS3 is more than 350 I'll really be seeing red

darth-yoda
just a idea go to toys r us it always has a great deal u will proably get the 360 two games two pads and the 40g hard drive for about 400 also xbox live silver you can only chat on it and play games like checkers and on gold you can play games online also the xbox won the war on the online front come on 50 players online to 10 on the ps2 he must have made money of that

Darth Bulhas
ya xbox was even to ps2 after the long run because xbox live and the games that looked good did great like halo n halo2, fable did not bad at start, kotor must bring in money, theres quite a few games xbox did great on but alot of games they did crappy on unlike sony they just did good all around on games n there console

Phoenix Aska
Originally posted by Smasandian
Are you sure about that?

lol

they made money on online play and the games but they lost money with each system made because the internal harddrive disc was expensive so I think they lost about 100 dollars an xboxconfused

but the xbox is my favorite system and its online play is kicking ass...and with the xbox 360 getting ffXI sony is gonna have a lot to compete against.

Darth Bulhas
ya i cant wait because i love ff but they freaking only on sony

Phoenix Aska
squaresoft is working with microsoft now though..hence why ffXi is coming out for the xbox 360...

Phoenix Aska
oops..I mean..square enix as they now like to be called..

Darth Bulhas
lol good they make some good games :P

RoyMC
to danzeke 25 **** off in hell you motha ****ing son of a motha bastard of all ****in humans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Primitive Screwhead
to danzeke 25 **** off in hell you motha ****ing son of a motha bastard of all ****in humans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cut the crap.

DarkCanadian
Shut. The. F**k. Up.

Primitive Screwhead
Well, the word is official. Price for the Xbox 360 is now released:

http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/17/commentary/game_over/column_gaming/index.htm?cnn=yes

cal31
The $399 version is the only one anybody should consider. That's a great deal for the HDD, the wirless controller, the remote, HD cables, and faceplate. And any people dumb enough to complain about the price, get a clue. The PS3 will cost $100 more than the $399 version and not even have an HDD, and you're buying a top of the line PC for about a third of the cost. Some people just have no sense at all.

Darth Bulhas
no shit eh everyone is saying ps3 is going to be better but i havnt seen anything from them except stupid pictures lies

RogerRamjet

and from what reliable sources does that come from?

DanZeke25
Originally posted by cal31
The $399 version is the only one anybody should consider. That's a great deal for the HDD, the wirless controller, the remote, HD cables, and faceplate. And any people dumb enough to complain about the price, get a clue. The PS3 will cost $100 more than the $399 version and not even have an HDD, and you're buying a top of the line PC for about a third of the cost. Some people just have no sense at all.

MS f*cked up with this one. I dont care about a wireless controller, the remote, HD cables, a headset, and a damn faceplate. All i want is HDD. I was hoping for the 360, HDD, and a controller, for $350 or less. They are pricing a 20 gig HD at $100? WTF were they thinking. It should be at most $50. Atleast then i could buy a 360, and then buy the HDD seperate, but no they have to sell it for $100.

I'm telling you. They are losing sales big time with this. A whole lot of people are mad. And one big thing they had going for them was the cheaper price. Not no more.

I still plan on getting a 360, but that is BS.

Darth Bulhas
20 gigs is alot isnt it like 10 x more than normal xbox id pay 100$ for it and wireless coming with it they'll be 50 $ or so like the normal ones are rite now well ther 39.99 the wireless is great and considering they have the technology to turn it off with the controller i love that shit big grin

DanZeke25
well, im doing this...

http://www.Free360XBOX.com/?r=21375330

hotsauce6548
Is the 360 controller not going to be compatible with the first Live's headset?

Other than that, I don't care about the faceplate. And about the wireless controller: I'm assuming that's not going to be extra? It's just going to come with one controller (ie the wireless one)?

The remote would be nice to have, but I really don't think there's a reason for it not to be included in the core price set.

Don't you need HD cables in order to get an HD signal? And why do you guys keep saying HDD? Am I missing out on something here?

$399 is just too much for that pile...

hotsauce6548
Damn...

I want the hardrive. I want to be able to play my Xbox games. Looks like I'm going to have to shoot for the $399 one. miffed

cal31
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
Is the 360 controller not going to be compatible with the first Live's headset?

Other than that, I don't care about the faceplate. And about the wireless controller: I'm assuming that's not going to be extra? It's just going to come with one controller (ie the wireless one)?

The remote would be nice to have, but I really don't think there's a reason for it not to be included in the core price set.

Don't you need HD cables in order to get an HD signal? And why do you guys keep saying HDD? Am I missing out on something here?

$399 is just too much for that pile... Wow, this is exactly what I'm talking about. These people who are complaining about the price even though it is a high end PC that would normally cost you $2,000 and neglecting the fact that the PS3 is going to cost even more without the HDD. The faceplate is just the normal faceplate that is removable.

cal31
Originally posted by DanZeke25
MS f*cked up with this one. I dont care about a wireless controller, the remote, HD cables, a headset, and a damn faceplate. All i want is HDD. I was hoping for the 360, HDD, and a controller, for $350 or less. They are pricing a 20 gig HD at $100? WTF were they thinking. It should be at most $50. Atleast then i could buy a 360, and then buy the HDD seperate, but no they have to sell it for $100.

I'm telling you. They are losing sales big time with this. A whole lot of people are mad. And one big thing they had going for them was the cheaper price. Not no more.

I still plan on getting a 360, but that is BS. Again, Zeke, please know what you're talking about before you start trashing the price. It's called inflation so of course prices are going to go up, same as the games. It isn't MS fault, it's just the way the economy is. Besides, MS isn't going to lose as much money as it did on the last one, and thise is a great price for what you're getting, compared to the PS3 once again which will be more expensive without a HDD.

hotsauce6548
Wow, this is exactly what I'm talking about. These people who are complaining about the price even though it is a high end PC that would normally cost you ,000 and neglecting the fact that the PS3 is going to cost even more without the HDD. The faceplate is just the normal faceplate that is removable.

I can have my own opinion. Sorry if you don't agree.

DanZeke25
Again, Zeke, please know what you're talking about before you start trashing the price. It's called inflation so of course prices are going to go up, same as the games. It isn't MS fault, it's just the way the economy is. Besides, MS isn't going to lose as much money as it did on the last one, and thise is a great price for what you're getting, compared to the PS3 once again which will be more expensive without a HDD.

Yeas, i know prices go up. And i know its a good deal for the $400 one. But, you have to remeber that i dont want all of those things, so i am really paying an extra $100 for the HD itself, and if i were to buy the $300, and then get the HD seperate, i'd be paying $100 more anyway.

A 20 gig HD should not be $100. Plain and simple. It should be atleast $50.

And, yes, they are gonna lose alot. You wouldnt believe how many people are pissed at them.

cal31
Yeas, i know prices go up. And i know its a good deal for the $400 one. But, you have to remeber that i dont want all of those things, so i am really paying an extra $100 for the HD itself, and if i were to buy the $300, and then get the HD seperate, i'd be paying $100 more anyway.

A 20 gig HD should not be $100. Plain and simple. It should be atleast $50.

And, yes, they are gonna lose alot. You wouldnt believe how many people are pissed at them. The people that are pissed are just the hardcore fanboys that were expecting a 50GB HDD, 2 wireless controllers, and a top of the line system for under $300. It just isn't going to happen. The reason why they put the price at $100 for the HDD is because they want to push people towards getting the Premium version since it is the true next gen system with HD connections and wireless controller. That is what they wanted to push is the HD generation, but they were smart enough to provide an alternative for those who don't want to take that big of step for next gen or money. I just can't wait to see the reaction to the price of the PS3, everybody will realize what a steal the 360 still is.

Yeah i'm not suprised by this price...I really wish i could afford things a new system for $300....sigh, ill just have to wait like 3 years until the price goes down to like $150 like i did for the original xbox.

DanZeke25
Originally posted by 113
Yeah i'm not suprised by this price...I really wish i could afford things a new system for $300....sigh, ill just have to wait like 3 years until the price goes down to like $150 like i did for the original xbox.

or you can do this

http://www.Free360XBOX.com/?r=21375330

hahha or you can do mine

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=17495261

StinkFist462
or you can do mine

www.ripoff.com ! eek!

hotsauce6548
Yeah, so, hurray for 360 being cheap at $299, but then the accessories are way too expensive.

Microsoft is basically forcing everybody (Except for the four-year-olds' moms who buy it at K-Mart) to get the $399 system.

Wolf Dog
Xbox 360 = Dreamcast 2 big grin

Mainstream
Originally posted by Wolf Dog
Xbox 360 = Dreamcast 2 big grin

I hope not

Movie_Geek_
That would just be the the worst thing that could happen to that system.

Mainstream
Originally posted by Movie_Geek_
That would just be the the worst thing that could happen to that system.

yeah thanks for the nightmares wolf dog

what's next playstation 3 = sega CD 2

Movie_Geek_
I would not even joke about that.

Mainstream
Originally posted by Movie_Geek_
I would not even joke about that.

your right..I did go too far just then.

Movie_Geek_
laughing out loud

hotsauce6548
The thing that gets me the most is the $100 20 gigabyte hardrive. That is way too expensive.

Sure, I want the HD cables as well, but I would have rather started out with the $299 system, and then bought a hard drive to go with it.

Damn, that pisses me off...

Movie_Geek_
That is the way it works. They do that on purpose to make money.

ZomBiE_HunTER
Did the annouce the price for games yet?

cal31
Originally posted by ZomBiE_HunTER
Did the annouce the price for games yet? $59.99 is what has been said for awhile, but that's not for certain.

DanZeke25
$59.99 is what has been said for awhile, but that's not for certain.

No they annoouced that it would be $50.00. Well $50.00 for all third or first party games, i forget which one, cause i dont really know what third and first party games mean.

cal31
There was never any official announcement, so nothing is for certain. But yes, almost every site has said that the games are going to go for around $59.

DanZeke25
http://www.xbox360news.com/Blogs/News/hqs/blr_341.aspx

Skorn254
I don't care about the price. Unless it goes above $700.

crazy_shadow
if it goes above 350 im dead sad(

DanZeke25
Originally posted by crazy_shadow
if it goes above 350 im dead sad(

its already above 350

Movie_Geek_
Well then you have to pay for games, add a little more to the price for that because the games will not be cheap.

cal31
http://www.xbox360news.com/Blogs/News/hqs/blr_341.aspx Once again, none of this is confirmed, as they say in the article they should retail for $49, but then again the Yankees should have won the series against the Red Sox last year, but we all know how that turned out.

DanZeke25
Well first off, to me thats enough confirmation, even though it isnt techinacally 'confirmed' right now, it will be.

And second of all, the Yankess suck.

Saratn
the price i think whatever maybe would be quite reasonable. if anyone knows about the price and demand, then you know what i'm talking about.
I agree with you DanZeke...Yankees are the worst team in the league. Still celebrating over the Red Sox winning the World Series at long last!!!

crazy_shadow
its already above 350

its 300...ive read it over 20 websites, and i asked gamestop how much its gonna be when it gets delivered they said 250-300

DanZeke25
its 300...ive read it over 20 websites, and i asked gamestop how much its gonna be when it gets delivered they said 250-300

Its 300 without a hard drive. Which means you can't save your game unless you get a memory card. And i heard some games wont work as good without the hard drive. So you would have to get the $400 with a hard drive.

cal31

And second of all, the Yankess suck. I know, I'm just saying when you're up 3-0 in a series you should win that series.

Darth Bulhas
who would buy the xbox without a hardrive i think xbox is making all there 360s with hardrives

DanZeke25
who would buy the xbox without a hardrive i think xbox is making all there 360s with hardrives

no there not. The $300 one doesnt have a hard drive. THe $400 one does have a hard drive.

crazy_shadow
their gonna have a harder time if they go sellin their systems like that...i think they'll come with it..we'll have to see though for to be sure wont we? just wait till september XD

hotsauce6548

As Zeke said, the $299 one will not have a hard drive, only the system and a wired controller.

The $399 one will have a hard drive, the system, and a wireless controller, among other peripherals.

El_NINO
wow you guys are fools!!! do you guys realize that the video card in that thing will cost more than your current xbox when it first came out or the fact it will have 3 CPU's!!!!! for $300 US proly about $500 CDA thats perfect

crazy_shadow
OMG ITS TRUE sad 300 AND 400 $ IS TRUE, GAMESTOP JUST CALLED ME ASKING WHICH ONE ID RATHER WANT cry

cal31
OMG ITS TRUE sad 300 AND 400 $ IS TRUE, GAMESTOP JUST CALLED ME ASKING WHICH ONE ID RATHER WANT cry No shit dude. What did you think, it was going to be free?

WindDancer

The $399 one will have a hard drive, the system, and a wireless controller, among other peripherals.

Yup, and I'm only 150 dollars away from finishing paying my reservation. big grin

If some of you guys are thinking about buying the 360. Get the hard drive. It will be more money. So save your pennies.

hotsauce6548
No shit dude. What did you think, it was going to be free?

laughing

Yup, and I'm only 150 dollars away from finishing paying my reservation. big grin

If some of you guys are thinking about buying the 360. Get the hard drive. It will be more money. So save your pennies.

yes

WindDancer
On a related note regarding the preorders (both Gamestop and EB Games)

http://www.macworld.com/news/2005/08/26/xbox360/index.php

hotsauce6548
On a related note regarding the preorders (both Gamestop and EB Games)

http://www.macworld.com/news/2005/08/26/xbox360/index.php

What the hell are they trying to pull?

Do they think we're retarded? miffed

Whoever decided that was hitting up on some stuff, if you know what I mean... no

DarkC
GAH! $700? $700?!

WindDancer
What the hell are they trying to pull?

Do they think we're retarded? miffed

Whoever decided that was hitting up on some stuff, if you know what I mean... no

Yeah, I know what you mean. Is an obvious scam from Gamestop and EB. I'm not interested in the bundles. I only want the 360 with the hardrive and one game for starters. Why the hell would I want 4 extra games? Especially if they're sport games (which I hardly play at all)

crazy_shadow
No shit dude. What did you think, it was going to be free?

not no shit, if you were like me and read a couple of reply's back, you'd see that people didnt believe it was going to be 400 also, and where in that reply of mine do you see "OMG ITS NOT GONNA BE FREE?" read some of the thread before you think you know wats going on

cal31
not no shit, if you were like me and read a couple of reply's back, you'd see that people didnt believe it was going to be 400 also, and where in that reply of mine do you see "OMG ITS NOT GONNA BE FREE?" read some of the thread before you think you know wats going on Yup, you and a bunch of other ignorant idiots had these unrealistic thoughts that it was going to be really cheap, so don't go crying when after you set yourself up to be dissapointed.

DanZeke25
You think that bundle is bad? Gamestop has a $2000 bundle. It comes with 20 games, and other stuff too.

I dondt feel like looking for the link, but its true.

crazy_shadow
Yup, you and a bunch of other ignorant idiots had these unrealistic thoughts that it was going to be really cheap, so don't go crying when after you set yourself up to be dissapointed.

actually, it's 300 just like i said it would be, but i never said "theres not gonna be 2 different xbox's" i just said its gonna be 300....theres a 400 too so..i wasnt wrong stick out tongue

WindDancer
Doing some research at amazon and found a list. Notice that the console is not available yet. But the games can be pre-order.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/14220161/ref=vg_hp_ln_1_12/002-9840808-6480801

Linkalicious
I can afford any cost on a system, but I'm going to hold off until the price drops significantly.

I got X-box the day it came out on E-bay for like $350.

El_NINO
im not buying any new console until the price drops.. I live in Canada and its gonna cost $600 and up for the xbox360 so for now i will enjoy the system in my head until i do buy it

crazy_shadow
wow 600, war a ripoff!! embarrasment

WindDancer
On a related article regarding the price:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2002443136_xbox17.html?syndication=rss&source=microsoft.xml&items=52

Batman Wins
i rather 299 than 399

WindDancer
From CNN Tech:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/fun.games/09/19/microsoft.xbox.reut/index.html?section=cnn_tech

btw-I've heard of price cuts. Anyone got info on that?

TwisterGameX
You getting it Wind ? I heard 2999 but with hard drive, it's 399

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>