Ya know, this bugging me to no end.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dms6117
So far, in a few reviews I have read, people seem to shit on the cliche "NOOOOO" yelled by Vader when he finds out the truth about Padme. Lets get real people. Remember a little film called "The Empire Strikes Back", where Luke screams "No. That can't be. That's impossible...NOOOOOOO..*sob* NOOOO!" I laugh everytime that part comes, and it's alright to. Star Wars has always displayed an intended amount of cheeky, old-school comic series, and sometimes corny line deliveries. To me, it remains true to the original concept Lucas wanted his films to portray.

Captain REX
It's true to Lucas' love of Flash Gordon and such. What, you think those had the greatest actors ever, with the best line delivery of all time? Lucas does that on purpose, just to annoy us. stick out tongue

jedi2187
And a lot of people forget....It's Just A Movie!!!!
It's a movie that let's you have fun watching it. It's escapism from the real world for at least two hours, and if people find fault with those memorable lines ("I have a bad feeling about this..."wink, then you may as well blame Raiders of the Lost Ark or Star Trek for doing the same thing.
Star Wars is to be enjoyed. It's not Shakespear, but its much more lively and enjoyable.

Captain REX
Though, Shakespear invented a lot of corny lines too. What the dickens?!

kremzike
If James Earl Jone's wife died & he just found out, I bet he'd sound exactly like he does when he yells it as Vader. I've seen it. I say it's fine.

palpy_666
Originally posted by kremzike
If James Earl Jone's wife died & he just found out, I bet he'd sound exactly like he does when he yells it as Vader. I've seen it. I say it's fine.

LOL!!! Just the thought of JEJ getting a phone call about his wife dying while he's sitting in a recliner and then saying "NOOOOO!!!"
That's funny for some reason!

laughing

DCLXVI
Originally posted by palpy_666
LOL!!! Just the thought of JEJ getting a phone call about his wife dying while he's sitting in a recliner and then saying "NOOOOO!!!"
That's funny for some reason!

laughing

It actually sort of is....laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.