Why was this shut down

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrianWilsonJedi
Im not trying to be rude here, but there was a legit thread about going to see star wars a little buzzed. It was shut down today even though there were four pages, and people were still discussing the topic. WindDancer is the one who shut it down. Hey I understand Drugs and Alcohol are not PG material, but this movie is PG13 and people will go see it buzzed. Im not trying to be rude (again), but this thread in no way shape or form offensive. Just because the moderator felt the topic was not of his (or her) taste it gets shut down. the link is below, you people tell me if it was wrong to start that thread... If I offended anyone, I apologize. And Im sorry some Star Wars fans will see this movie intoxicated (but they will, and some of them are in this forum).

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t341973.html

Jedi Priestess
Becuase it was..........well...........in a word....stupid. K? eyes

BrianWilsonJedi
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Becuase it was..........well...........in a word....stupid. K? eyes

you may feel it is stupid, but does that justify it being closed... I think the blue milk bar thingy thread sucks, should we shut that down too... No because people post there

bilb
A) Its dumb
B) Its not Ep 3 related
C) Its offensive

Go have a nice day elsewhere...

Mist
why is it the ones who bag the milk bar are the ones who dont frequent it?

BrianWilsonJedi
Originally posted by bilb
A) Its dumb
B) Its not Ep 3 related
C) Its offensive

Go have a nice day elsewhere...

Dumb yes
Not episode 3 related (its about going to see the movie, is the blue milk bar about episode 3?)
Offensive, only to 60% of the people who posted in the thread.

JKozzy
It was justly closed because a moderator saw fit to close it. That's that. No need to open a complaint. I'll take this oppertunity to refer you to the Private Messenging system, take it up with the moderator and work it out with them, not making another thread here.

BrianWilsonJedi
Guys im not trying to start a debate, i just honestly feel this thread was a good as some of the other lame threads... so why shut this one down?

BrianWilsonJedi
Originally posted by JKozzy
It was justly closed because a moderator saw fit to close it. That's that. No need to open a complaint. I'll take this oppertunity to refer you to the Private Messenging system, take it up with the moderator and work it out with them, not making another thread here.

Point well said... i will do so, thanks.

Sorry to offend anyone.

Mist
you gotta keep in the pg-13 range as well man...talking about having alcohol and drugs when going to a movie.....adults arent the only ones who come herewink

Lazerlike42
I would never think to do any of that stuff. I would never use drugs anywhere, and any drinking I do wouldn't take me out in public.

That said, I agree with the principle of the original post. I can absolutely understand why it would be closed, and I actually have no opinion on whether or not it should have been, from a legalistic standpoint. I wouldn't have posted in it or even read it. Insofar as the rules are concered, I don't know if it should be closed and I don't care enough to think about it.

What does bother me is comments that it is offensive and stupid. I also agree... the Blue Milk bar is stupid, and is the most Episode III unrelated thing that I have ever seen on this forum (in my admittedly limited time here, although given that I will spend 5 or 6 hours straight refreshing and reading, I have seen plenty). I also understand some people like it, and in their taste it is not stupid.

As far as the offensiveness of the thread is concerned.... drugs abuse may be stupid. It may be bad. It may be a complete mistake for anyone to be involved with. It is not, however, offensive. Further, to those that say it is offensive to those who have lost a loved one to it, I would say that a violent film would be offensive to those who've lost a loved on to violence, and yet we hear no complaints as such, because those that are offended by such things simply stay clear of such things.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by BrianWilsonJedi
Im not trying to be rude here, but there was a legit thread about going to see star wars a little buzzed. It was shut down today even though there were four pages, and people were still discussing the topic. WindDancer is the one who shut it down. Hey I understand Drugs and Alcohol are not PG material, but this movie is PG13 and people will go see it buzzed. Im not trying to be rude (again), but this thread in no way shape or form offensive. Just because the moderator felt the topic was not of his (or her) taste it gets shut down. the link is below, you people tell me if it was wrong to start that thread... If I offended anyone, I apologize. And Im sorry some Star Wars fans will see this movie intoxicated (but they will, and some of them are in this forum).

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t341973.html

Please read WindDancer's post.

That is the reason right there.

Ken Kenobi
Now, if you have any more questions regarding closed threads, Personal Message a moderator, do not open threads that are irrelevant to the specific forum.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.