superman v magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mdbull73
I did a search on this one and nothing came up. I could be wrong, but here we go...

Can Superman prevent Magneto from enslaving the human race?

My opinion: it depends on who figures out the other's weakness first. Does Magneto find a way to cause a solar eclipse, or does Superman craft a prison of plastic. Whoever does this first wins.

Mainstream
I lean toward Superman in this one..but then again Magneto could pull off some freaky energy trick and...BAMM..claim a victory.

GalacticStorm
I think Magneto. He normally has a shield up as a precaution day to day and he would definitely have one up in battle. With a gesture Magneto has incinerated someone considerably stronger and more durable than rogue. (One of the neo who id say was around classic she hulk level in those categories). In a full on ruthless battle i think he could take superman out. This man taps into the electromagnetic energies of the planet. He can reverse the magnetic poles for christs sake. This man is insanely powerful.

Mainstream
yeah he anit no punk that's for sure....what's superman current strength and speed levels..anyone knows?

Wickerman
Originally posted by Mainstream
yeah he anit no punk that's for sure....what's superman current strength and speed levels..anyone knows?

irrelevant because DC and Marvel have different strength and speed levels.

~wickerman~

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by mdbull73
I did a search on this one and nothing came up. I could be wrong, but here we go...
This has been done a bunch of times.

During a solar eclipse, Superman still has the energy to be super and a plastic prison won't stop Magneto.

The consensus last time I believe was that Superman either speed blitzes Magneto or Magneto uses Superman's bio-field to tear him a new one.

BENITO
MAGNETO

whirlysplat
Supes Deja vu time

Zahit
Magneto has never faced someone with the combinations of Superman's powers.
In Marvel-translation, Superman would have Class 100 strength (Hulk-level),
plus the crazy speed, invulnerability, heat/x-ray vision, etc.
This battle could go both ways and it won't be an easy win for either.

whirlysplat
If you think the Exiles Magneto was as strong as the 616 then he did face a "Superman" in Hyperion and got wasted.Originally posted by Zahit
Magneto has never faced someone with the combinations of Superman's powers.
In Marvel-translation, Superman would have Class 100 strength (Hulk-level),
plus the crazy speed, invulnerability, heat/x-ray vision, etc.
This battle could go both ways and it won't be an easy win for either.

mdbull73
check out www.classicmarvel.com guys. They list the DC Characters in marvel FASERIP terms. It was pretty cool.

Superman only had something like incredible or remarkable fighting though.

His strength was UN 100.

mdbull73
Swanky,

I checked your link. That battle was cyborg superman vs. current magneto.

I'm thinking just the normal characters, Superman-superman red tights vs. Magneto (no Superman prime or upgraded magneto)

Xplosive
Superman would murder him.

ZephroCarnelian
If they're both going all out, Supes would destroy him.

Magneto's shield is NOT nvulnerable, so Supes would be able to break through it. The feed back of a Kryptonian hurtling at his shield at near-light speed would blow Mag's head apart.

Plus, with his super-speed and flight, Mags wouldn't even be able to see Supes as he attacks. He'd just see a storm of uprooted skyscrapers hurtling towards him from every direction as they're thrown by the man of steel.

Plus....

Supes could drill underground in a fraction of a second, uproot the entire area of ground the Mags is standing on and fling him and it into deep space. big grin

SnakeEyes
I think that they both have a good chance. I mean, with Magneto's new powers and all, he is definitely a match for Supes. Yet, because Superman is one determined mofo and powerful, that could pull him the win.
He would have to use his noggin a little more though against Magneto.

pr1983
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
If they're both going all out, Supes would destroy him.

Magneto's shield is NOT nvulnerable, so Supes would be able to break through it. The feed back of a Kryptonian hurtling at his shield at near-light speed would blow Mag's head apart.

Plus, with his super-speed and flight, Mags wouldn't even be able to see Supes as he attacks. He'd just see a storm of uprooted skyscrapers hurtling towards him from every direction as they're thrown by the man of steel.

Plus....

Supes could drill underground in a fraction of a second, uproot the entire area of ground the Mags is standing on and fling him and it into deep space. big grin

pretty much agree...

whirlysplat
Yup thats you lot smile

Mainstream
magneto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!! loses

Wickerman
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian

is this before or after Magneto's made a black hole that sucks all of Earth up? big grin naw, just foolin, Superman would more than likely win.

~wickerman~

ZephroCarnelian
Originally posted by Wickerman
is this before or after Magneto's made a black hole that sucks all of Earth up? big grin naw, just foolin, Superman would more than likely win.

~wickerman~

lol. Fairdoes. big grin

Just gotta remember in threads like this, basically we're pitting a human with powers against a SUPERhuman.

Supes has reflexes, speed, maneuvrability etc etc like Magneto would not be able to comprehend.

The power to make a blackhole means nothing if you're killed before you get a chance to use it.

That said, if they're both in character, Mags stands a much better chance as Supes won't kill him from the off.

Mainstream
this would really be a good and close fight.

kgkg
i go for Magneto.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by mdbull73
Swanky,

I checked your link. That battle was cyborg superman vs. current magneto.
No it's not. It's the search results for Superman and Magneto.

GalacticStorm
The outcome depends on where this fight occurs. Is it on earth?

Wickerman
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
The outcome depends on where this fight occurs. Is it on earth?

What difference does it make? If by earth you mean ground, then it doesn't matter since both are capable of flight. If you mean the planet Earth, again it doesn't matter because Superman retains his powers (grows stronger closer to the Sun), and Magneto also retains his powers even in deep space. Magnetism is everpresent.

Also, concerning speed, i've seen Magneto encase himself in a metal sphere and shape it into a bullet form and travel from Egypt to ......Mexico i think? anyway...very fast. Sure, Supes outclasses him by a Universe at speed, but i just think people often forget Magnus ain't just a slouch floating in the air and makin metally stuff move wit his braaaaain . Ahem...yah....

~wickerman~

GalacticStorm
What difference does it make? If by earth you mean ground, then it doesn't matter since both are capable of flight. If you mean the planet Earth, again it doesn't matter because Superman retains his powers (grows stronger closer to the Sun), and Magneto also retains his powers even in deep space. Magnetism is everpresent.

Also, concerning speed, i've seen Magneto encase himself in a metal sphere and shape it into a bullet form and travel from Egypt to ......Mexico i think? anyway...very fast. Sure, Supes outclasses him by a Universe at speed, but i just think people often forget Magnus ain't just a slouch floating in the air and makin metally stuff move wit his braaaaain . Ahem...yah....

~wickerman~

Calm it down son smokin'

My point was if it was on earth then supes wouldnt be flying at anywhere near light speed. Due to the catastrophic environmental effects that would cause. He limits his speed to like mach 7. Magnetos shields could very well hold up against supes long enough for hi to go all out and incinerate him. Im sorry but ih could incinerate a she hulk level guy (in terms of strength and durability) with a gesture a really pissed off mags could do some major damage to supes all from the safety of his shield. Mags' shields have withstood and held against batterings from entire rosters of superhero teams lets not forget that. Eben the avengers with thor present. You all know this. I dont wanna hear any rubbish about sues flying into his shield at light speed because on earth supes would fly anywhere near that fast.

Wickerman
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Calm it down son smokin'

My point was if it was on earth then supes wouldnt be flying at anywhere near light speed. Due to the catastrophic environmental effects that would cause. He limits his speed to like mach 7. Magnetos shields could very well hold up against supes long enough for hi to go all out and incinerate him. Im sorry but ih could incinerate a she hulk level guy (in terms of strength and durability) with a gesture a really pissed off mags could do some major damage to supes all from the safety of his shield. Mags' shields have withstood and held against batterings from entire rosters of superhero teams lets not forget that. Eben the avengers with thor present. You all know this. I dont wanna hear any rubbish about sues flying into his shield at light speed because on earth supes would fly anywhere near that fast.

oh no no no, wasn't directin that at you. However, i do agree with your speed point. As for the fighting Thor and his shield withstanding that, i wasn't aware of that. Wow....

~wickerman~

norrin radd

kgkg
oh no no no, wasn't directin that at you. However, i do agree with your speed point. As for the fighting Thor and his shield withstanding that, i wasn't aware of that. Wow....

~wickerman~
Yes but we didn't see everything

It was about to break sad

But a sure Mags shield can hold Supes long enough for Mag to go on the offence and dump him in a black hole (there I said it LMAO)

Wickerman
Originally posted by kgkg
Yes but we didn't see everything

It was about to break sad

But a sure Mags shield can hold Supes long enough for Mag to go on the offence and dump him in a black hole (there I said it LMAO)

LOL, he doesn't have to dump him in a black hole. That was just me making a comic reference (which you're prolly doing too stick out tongue). I have no idea. However, if his shield can withstand some bashing then Magneto has a chance. Like....clogging up the blood supply to his brain (by using the iron in his bloodstream) and many many other ways. however, the real question is if his shield can withstand bashing, freezing, laser vision, etc.

~wickerman~

GalacticStorm
LOL, he doesn't have to dump him in a black hole. That was just me making a comic reference (which you're prolly doing too stick out tongue). I have no idea. However, if his shield can withstand some bashing then Magneto has a chance. Like....clogging up the blood supply to his brain (by using the iron in his bloodstream) and many many other ways. however, the real question is if his shield can withstand bashing, freezing, laser vision, etc.

~wickerman~

But why does Magneto have to be the one on the defensive? Magnetos shields will protect him while he attacks. I doubt Supes can withstand Magnetos energies fully unleashed. Especially if they have already proven to be able to completely decimate a supposedly invulnerable person in a plit second. If Magneto put effort into it he could at least gravely injure supes and at the most f**K him up!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.