Alpha flight vs x-factor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JRW
sasquatch
northstar
aurora
puck
snowbird
guardian
vindicator
wolverine

vs

strong guy
quicksilver
shard
multiple man
forge
havok
polaris
wolfsbane

KharmaDog
I would think that with heavy weights such as wolverine, sasquatch, vindicator and guardian that Alpha flight would win this one. However, not only is Alphaflight heavily under-rated, they also don't seem to be very well liked, so I think most people will vote for x-factor.

jrodslam
True Alpha Flight would be the underdog here, but you have to look at the matchups.

Sassy would have the edge over Strong guy at first. But once Guido starts to absorb the kinetic energy he gets stronger, things will balance out. It all depends on how much SG can absorb. With help from Wolfsbane, they can take out Sayy. Sad to say.

Nortstar and Aurora would be some trouble at first, but Forge would find a way to break them up.

I've seen Multiple Man make up to 29 dupes. That alone gives X-factor a big advantage right there. He takes out Puck with ease then goes to help the other dupes wipe out snowbird.

Forge with his knowledge and technology makes him a very dangerous adversary. He also give the team tactics, along with Alex.

Can Wolverine, Vindicator and Guardian beat Havok, Polaris, Forge and Dupes? I doubt it.

X-Factor wins 7/10

stormfront13
vindicator and guardian will be very hard to beat

heres some good info on vindicator
Strength: While wearing the Guardian battle suit, Hudson is able to lift 3.5 tons. It is assumed that her newer "Vincicator" suit had the same strength augmenting capabilities.

Super Powers: The Guardian battle suit is able generate, and manipulate a powerful electro magnetic field. That field forms an exoskeleton around it's wearer augmenting their strength. This electro magnetic energy can also be used to form a force-field around Guardian. The suit also enables the wearer to fly at the speed of sound (Mach 1). The suite is also able to channel blasts of electro magnetic plasma channeled through the gauntlets. These blasts can equal the force of 250 lbs of TNT. Since the power of the suite is derived from the electro magnetic forces of the Earth, Guardian is able to manipulate the gravitational force around his body. Effectively guardian is able to freeze herself in place relative to Earths rotation. This accomplishes near instantaneous transportation along a strait line.

Heather's newer suite when she returned to the codename Vindicator (Alpha Flight v.2), had rather different capabilities, and now gave her "geothermic" powers. Though the full extent of the suits powers were never explored, Heather was able to use it to cause eruptions of steam and lava from her hands. She was also able to cause the earth to erupt volcanically.

heres some info on guardian
Strength: While wearing the Guardian battlesuit, Hudson is able to lift 3.5 tons.

Super Powers: The Guardian battlesuit is able generate, and manipulate a powerful electromagnetic field. That field forms an exoskeleton around guardian augmenting his strength. This electromagnetic energy can also be used to form a force-field around Guardian. The suit also enables the wearer to fly at the speed of sound (mach 1). The suite is also able to channel blasts of electromagnetic plasma channeled through the gauntlets. These blasts can equal the force of 250 lbs of TNT. Since the power of the suite is derived from the electromagnetic forces of the Earth, Guardian is able to manipulate the gravitational force around his body. Effectively guardian is able to freeze himself in place relative to Earths rotation. This accomplishes near instantaneous transportation along a strait line.

and heres some on snowbird
Snowbird's strength is ranked at Superhuman Class 10 (able to lift in the 2 to 10 tone range)

Super Powers: Snowbird had many super-human abilities. She could fly, had super-human strength, could change form to any animal of the Arctic, could see into the recent past, and an ability to compel others to help her in her battles against the Great Beasts.
multiple mans dupes aren't taking her out. also snowbird can shift into a sasquatch too
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/stormfront13/snowbird_gallery10.bmp

also aurora can shoot concussive blasts also, combine that with her speed and blinding ability and she'll be hard to take down. imo alpha flight wins

juggernaut74
If shaman was on Alpha Flight I would pick them. But without his magic I see a tougher battle.

They are actually pretty much even.

jrodslam
Last time i checked, Snowbird cant leave the country of Canada or she looses her powers. therefore i assume they are fighting in Canada. If not, she isnt a factor at all. Either way Forge finds a way to take her out.

Vindicator and Guardian makes elsectromagnetic feilds? arent they going against the deciple of Magneto? Polaris would rip the suits off them. If not the knocks them out with manipulation the bloos flow to their brains.

Havok is able to generate heats as hot as stars with his plasma beams, Forge is totaly unpredictable and has various guns that puts people in stasis.

Shard has the ability to absorb ambient light particles from her environment and transsub them into blasts of raw concussive force. Therefore whatever Aurora shoots will be absorbed. And Shard is a way better fighter than Aurora.

stormfront13
no, the suits manipulate fields, not make them

jrodslam
Originally posted by stormfront13
no, the suits manipulate fields, not make them

heres some good info on vindicator
Super Powers: The Guardian battle suit is able generate, and manipulate a powerful electro magnetic field. That field forms an exoskeleton around it's wearer augmenting their strength. This electro magnetic energy can also be used to form a force-field around Guardian.

heres some info on guardian
Super Powers: The Guardian battlesuit is able generate, and manipulate a powerful electromagnetic field. That field forms an exoskeleton around guardian augmenting his strength. This electromagnetic energy can also be used to form a force-field around Guardian.

You posted it yourself. Being able to "generate" the feilds as well as manipulate. Generating meaning make them am i correct?

stormfront13
oh, yeah srry didn't see it, but i mean they control it also. they won't be fully slaves to polaris if they can control it as well

BENITO
Originally posted by JRW
sasquatch
northstar
aurora
puck
snowbird
guardian
vindicator
wolverine

vs

strong guy
quicksilver
shard
multiple man
forge
havok
polaris
wolfsbane

X-FACTOR

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.