Official Episode 3 fan review page [Merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yodafan
Ok people, this is the place you can post what you all thought about Star Wars Episode 3 Revenge of the Sith. Only post if you have seen the movie, don't post that you loved it when you havn't seen it yet. I'm starting this thread now because some people here have gottin early showings.

thumbup1 ?

thumbdown ?

LightSaber_Part
don't tell me you've seen it??surprise

yodafan
No, but some other people here have.

Jedi Priestess
While I think this is generally a good idea, KMC's EP3 cant handle this. You will get people that actually take the time to write out a review and post it, and then you will have people that take the time to post "I SAW IT AND IT WAS AWESOME OMG!!!!!!!!!Which is not really a review, and then you will get the tons and tons of conversations that flow in between said posts which willl not make for much of a readable review thread. In my opinion anyway.

EHmasterJedi
O well atleast this gives people a place to do all that OMFG OMG, stuff so its not all over every place else.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by EHmasterJedi
so its not all over every place else.

Wanna bet on that? There will be 30 "I JUST SAW ROTS!!!!" threads tomorrow. laughing

yodafan
Yeah I hope the mods are here tomarrow...

smoker4
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Wanna bet on that? There will be 30 "I JUST SAW ROTS!!!!" threads tomorrow. laughing

31 evil face muhahahahahhahahahahaaaaa

Jedi Priestess
Smoke! laughing out loud You do realise that if you do that at TRA you will be banned!! evil face

smoker4
evil face

DCLXVI
Smoke could use his Wookie charm to get back in....

OB1-adobe
Supposedly I get to see it tomorrow night

yodafan
Cool, let us know what you think. Try to keep the spam down...

astrofan428
Thursday morning I will probably post a very detailed review. I hope it is positive. stick out tongue

OB1-adobe
Part of thinks that ROTS has the possibility of become less and less cooler the more we see it though.

You know, catching on to things left out or wrong..

"What about the...??"

"They did'nt explain..??"

"What the hell..?"

"Wait a minute..??"

Unknown Jedi
Hmm..... thumb down
Episode 2 was better embarrasment

cheez_kakes
No Way!! EP II dragged horribly. I think ep 3 may drag some though because it becomes darker and darker.

starwars

LandoSpeeder2
Originally posted by Unknown Jedi
Hmm..... thumb down
Episode 2 was better embarrasment bad taste you have hm.

I'm not saying episode II s bad, I love the movie, but I know it's not better then III. I don't know how that could be anyones opinion.

HAROLD
Originally posted by astrofan428
Thursday morning I will probably post a very detailed review. I hope it is positive. stick out tongue I probably will as well. If I do, It will be Thursday night or Friday.

HateWork
i'll bang up a review when i get home tomorrow night, cuz i'll probably be wide awake and in no mood for going to bed.

should we start taking bets on what macgeeks response is gonna be? i'll start

"i just got back from the greatest piece of film ever to grace a cinema screen, ROTS!!!!!!!!! george lucas has created the perfect film and if this film doesn't win every oscar, including documentary & short film, i'm gonna spaz. I can say without hyperbole that this movie is the defining moment in the history of the human race and lucas should be the ruler of the entire world. that is all"

LightSaber_Part
Originally posted by HateWork
i'll bang up a review when i get home tomorrow night, cuz i'll probably be wide awake and in no mood for going to bed.

should we start taking bets on what macgeeks response is gonna be? i'll start

"i just got back from the greatest piece of film ever to grace a cinema screen, ROTS!!!!!!!!! george lucas has created the perfect film and if this film doesn't win every oscar, including documentary & short film, i'm gonna spaz. I can say without hyperbole that this movie is the defining moment in the history of the human race and lucas should be the ruler of the entire world. that is all"

laughing out loud

hunchy
HAHAHA. How true.

Slaughter
i get to see ROTS tomarrow at midnight and then may 19 afternoon to refresh my memory

zombieman
Ok, I'm going to try to be objective here and tell you the good AND the bad.

There is no doubt that this is an awe inspiring film, the light sabre battles alone (definately the finest of the saga IMO) make it worth the watch. It was quick paced and will have you flowing with adrenaline from start to finish. Whether you a fan of the prequels or a die hard who swears by the originals, I'm in no doubt that you will be satisfied, there are plenty of references to tie in in nicely with 'A New Hope' and those who are perceptive will catch a quick glimpse of the Millenium Falcon.

Ok, now for the inevitable down points; the script at times was wooden and even apallingly cringeworthy in the love scenes between Anakin and Padme. Given that this was one of the prime criticisms of Ep2, I was expecting Mr Lucas to rectify the problem this time round, but sadly not. The only other criticism I can think of is that I found it difficult to become emotionally involved with the film; if George Lucas wanted me to feel sympathy towards Anakin and sorrow for the plight of the Jedi and the Republic, then he failed miserably; the movie is more of an adrenaline rush than anything else.

I won't end on a downer though, all in all this is the most exciting movie you are likely to see this year, the fans will LOVE it.

yodafan
Sounds great, I was hoping Lucas would have less cheesy lines between Padme and Anakin but oh well...

jedifuk
I saw one of my local newspaper, and it shown that ROTS will premiere tomorrow night (19 May).. I gonna so kill bill,....uppsss.. see it tmr...
MTFBWY...
must see it...

astrofan428
What?

I am confused.

LightSaber_Part
what does MTFBWY mean?? confused

astrofan428
Are you seeing ROTS or Kill Bill?

Mist
do we need a thread for everyone who sees rots at their local cinema? roll eyes (sarcastic) or everyone who has seen it or is seeing it soon?

come on guys, enough of the spamming already.

astrofan428
Its this guys first and only post.

vicbooth9000
MTFBWY = May the Force be with you.

I thought that was well known.

Ken Kenobi
Err...yes...19th of May is when it is released nearly everywhere. How is this reason for a new thread? blink

LightSaber_Part
Originally posted by vicbooth9000
MTFBWY = May the Force be with you.

I thought that was well known.

OHHHHHHHH, thanks wink

Mulletman262
Yeah, I go to the midnight showing. can't wait. I'm going to sleep now to spped up the time.

hunchy
Yeah, I definately think Episode 3 will be the best of the prequels by far. Isn't it kinda sad and weird tho to think this is the last one and then its over for the movies? I am anticipating this so much, but at the same time, it'll be weird afterwards. And now soon, after all this time speculating and discussing with fans, we'll finally get the fan reactions and thoughts and its over. No more speculating or rumors or nothing anymore... sad

astrofan428
Yeah your right hunchy, but unlike most movies that leave you waiting for what is next, I am sure most people will go home and find ANH already in their DVD players.

Unlike most movies this doesnt set up for something you have to wait for. Though I do see your point that SW is ending, but this will be the first SW movies where you see it and no it is finished. Even after ROTJ you always knew that episode IV thing in a ANH's scroll meant something.

bobafett81
Remarkable scenes:

1) The Jedi Purge - Jedis across the Universe are killed by their Clone Commanders as they receive Order 66 from Palpatine via Hologram. The music is very tragic, and the camera movement is excellent. 2 scenes which I will never forget is how Ki Ad Mundi was gunned down by Snowtroopers. Another more horrifying scene is when Aayla Secura was gunned down. Worse is that those Clones continue to shoot her body after she died! sad sad

2) When Mace Windu was bring thrown out of the Chancellor's Office via Sith Lightning. You can see his skull as Palpatine unleashed the lightning on him. A great Jedi Master just die like that.... sad

3) Yoda feeling the pain when Mace Windu and the rest of the Jedi Masters were killed in Order 66.

4) Anakin screaming "I HATE YOU" at Obi-Wan as his body burns in the hot lava sand.

5) Padme dies while Anakin was transformed into Darth Vader. At the moment Padme dies, Anakin becomes Darth Vader.

6) Anakin killing the Jedi Padawans.

Hilarious scenes:

1) When Yoda uses the Force and force-push Palpatine back. Palpatine hits his own chair and the chair tumbles together with him.

2) The scene where Palpatine's face changes into the Dark Lord of the Sith is quite comical. The cinema was laughing when he keeps saying "I am an old man... spare me..."

3) R2-D2 trying to hide as Obi-Wan tries to "page" for R2-D2. he intercomm was too loud and it attracted the attention of 2 Super Battle Droids. R2 then sprayed black oil on them and set fire via his turbo generator.

Landmark Moments:

1) When the Darth Vader mask was lowered and Vader was completed, there was no sound. Everyone awaits Vader's breathing sound. And the 1st ever Vader breathing was heard.

2) As the scene moves to and fro from Anakin seating alone in the Jedi Council Room and Padme standing at the balcony looking at the Jedi Temple for afar. It was sunset and the music is very tragic too.

3) When Leia was brought to Alderaan and presented to the Queen of Alderaan. Leia's music brought a familiar feeling to the prequels.

4) Palpatine seducing Anakin into the Dark Side while at the Coruscant Theatre. His explanation was clear and convincing.... I was almost seduced by Palpatine too. His voice is very very intoxicating....

DeVi| D0do
Well, I just got back from the cinema. It is 3:04am. I have work to do in 4 hours. This is all I'll say...

I liked it. There were parts that were much better than I expected. But there were also parts that didn't live up to my expectations.

Easily the best of the prequels, but still not nearly as good as Empire...

bobafett81
Remarkable scenes:

1) The Jedi Purge - Jedis across the Universe are killed by their Clone Commanders as they receive Order 66 from Palpatine via Hologram. The music is very tragic, and the camera movement is excellent. 2 scenes which I will never forget is how Ki Ad Mundi was gunned down by Snowtroopers. Another more horrifying scene is when Aayla Secura was gunned down. Worse is that those Clones continue to shoot her body after she died! sad sad

2) When Mace Windu was bring thrown out of the Chancellor's Office via Sith Lightning. You can see his skull as Palpatine unleashed the lightning on him. A great Jedi Master just die like that.... sad

3) Yoda feeling the pain when Mace Windu and the rest of the Jedi Masters were killed in Order 66.

4) Anakin screaming "I HATE YOU" at Obi-Wan as his body burns in the hot lava sand.

5) Padme dies while Anakin was transformed into Darth Vader. At the moment Padme dies, Anakin becomes Darth Vader.

6) Anakin killing the Jedi Padawans.

Hilarious scenes:

1) When Yoda uses the Force and force-push Palpatine back. Palpatine hits his own chair and the chair tumbles together with him.

2) The scene where Palpatine's face changes into the Dark Lord of the Sith is quite comical. The cinema was laughing when he keeps saying "I am an old man... spare me..."

3) R2-D2 trying to hide as Obi-Wan tries to "page" for R2-D2. he intercomm was too loud and it attracted the attention of 2 Super Battle Droids. R2 then sprayed black oil on them and set fire via his turbo generator.

Landmark Moments:

1) When the Darth Vader mask was lowered and Vader was completed, there was no sound. Everyone awaits Vader's breathing sound. And the 1st ever Vader breathing was heard.

2) As the scene moves to and fro from Anakin seating alone in the Jedi Council Room and Padme standing at the balcony looking at the Jedi Temple for afar. It was sunset and the music is very tragic too.

3) When Leia was brought to Alderaan and presented to the Queen of Alderaan. Leia's music brought a familiar feeling to the prequels.

4) Palpatine seducing Anakin into the Dark Side while at the Coruscant Theatre. His explanation was clear and convincing.... I was almost seduced by Palpatine too. His voice is very very intoxicating....

kenobi2004
thanks man for the nice amazing information you told all of us in this piece....thanks for the typing.i can't wait anylonger to see the movie

Sans_Fi
how about the "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" secuence?

bobafett81
Originally posted by Sans_Fi
how about the "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" secuence?

it was very nicely done!

When Palpatine told Vader "You killed her...", Vader broke off the operating table and the shackles which chained his arms were ripped off. He took his first step, lowered his body, then his fist tighten.

The medical droids exploded and he shouted Noooooooooooooo.... Palpatine grinned....

It wasn't corny at all.

Count Doodoo
I haven't seen it yet, but have seen the clips from the Trivial Pursuit game, Ep III Xbox game, Trailers, TV spots, etc. (I'll post again tomorrow after I've seen it) but here's what I think so far:

--Hayden seems to do a GREAT job acting in the intense scenes, but not so great in some of the normal dialogue scenes.

--R2-D2 seems to be a lot faster and more agile as a CGI character. I have no problem with that, except it doesn't blend in well with his slower movement in the other movies. The way that R2 exits the jedi fighters by jumping through the air seems a little odd and incongruous too.

--I was disappointed that General Grievous's voice wasn't as cool sounding as it was in the audio book. It was more accented, growly and some words were drawn out -- almost like Dexter Jettster. I don't think the coughing makes him any more real or interesting either.

--Some of the lines from the script seem to be aimed at being humorous at the expense of realism, such as battle droids saying things like:

"Don't move, dummy! Ouch -- zap this!"

or

"I have a bad feeling about this!"

--I'm sorry to see that there are more cheesily unrealistic love lines between Anakin and Padme such as (chosen at random from the screenplay):

"ANAKIN: ...every second I was thinking of you. Protecting the endless, nameless Outer Rim settlements became a torture...the battles were easy, the longing became unbearable...I've never been so happy as I am at this moment."

--The CGI battle footage over Coruscant and on Kashyyyk looks really good. (The CGI characters do too, from what little I've seen. In AOTC there were a couple of scenes where the colors on the CGI characters didn't look right, like too saturated or something)

That's all for now. I'll write more tomorrow after I've seen it.

DeVi| D0do
it is kinda corny... but not overly.

it doesn't interupt the mood too much.

for me anyway wink

The Ones
does anakin cut off maces hand(s)

DeVi| D0do
yes, just the one though, I think.

bobafett81
Originally posted by The Ones
does anakin cut off maces hand(s)

Yes, after much hesitation

Anakin2Vader
Originally posted by bobafett81
Remarkable scenes:

Another more horrifying scene is when Aayla Secura was gunned down. Worse is that those Clones continue to shoot her body after she died!

damn... i thought amy allen said she didnt die.... guess her live action show hopes are gone

bobafett81
The whole sequence where the Jedis were purged across the Galaxy as Order 66 reached all across the Galaxy had no dialogue.

Only sounds of blasters from the clones and the beginning portion of the score Track 4: Anakin's Betrayal.

The Ones
does ani cut of maces hands or arms?

DeVi| D0do
hand

Naredhel
What music is played when the younglings are killed? Please tell me it's from 2:15 onwards on Track 10 - Anakin's Dark Deeds

The Ones
how does yoda loose in the sid v yoda fight?

bobafett81
Originally posted by Naredhel
What music is played when the younglings are killed? Please tell me it's from 2:15 onwards on Track 10 - Anakin's Dark Deeds

The music where the younglings were killed was not in the OST. But is very soft, couldn't hear properly.

They never show the younglings being killed.

When Anakin entered the Jedi Council Room, the younglings came out from behind the council chairs. They were hiding from the Clones. One of the younglings told Anakin "We are afraid..."

Anakin stared at them, and lighted his lightsaber. Then the scene changed.....

It was a implied scene.

bobafett81
Originally posted by The Ones
how does yoda loose in the sid v yoda fight?

Yoda fell down from the Pod and hit the ground. Sidious also fell down, but managed to hang on to the railings of the Pod and slowly climbed up.

Yoda's Jedi Coat was left hanging on this metal pod on the ground.

Then Yoda stood up, and quickly ran into one of the tunnels. As he slowly crawl through the tunnel, he paged for Bail Organa. Bail received the signal and flew to the Senate Building, where Yoda pushed open the tunnel opening (kindda like Empire Strikes Back when Luke fell through the Bespin tunnels, but only here, Yoda was the one pushing the tunnel to open). Yoda jumped into the seat beside Bail Organa.

Then he said "Failed I have..."

Meanwhile, Palpatine and Mas Amedda hear the Shock Troopers (Clones with red markings) who were all standing in one of the floating pod that they could not locate Yoda. Palpatine instructed them to continue searching. Then he asked Mas Amedda to prepare a shuttle for him to Mustafar as he sense Lord Vader is in danger.

bobafett81
Regarding the Jedi Purge scene,

it started on Utapau, where Commander Cody received the signal Order 66 from Palpatine. The clones used a long range cannon and fired at Obi-Wan and his lizard like dragon, where both of them fell into a hole full of water. Obi-Wan survived because he fell into the pool and swam to safety. The it moved to a snow planet. The scene starts from the top view, as the clones and Ki-Adi-Mundi were walking on a bridge. Sidious holo appears again on the wrist of the Clone, and they uttered "General....". Ki-Ad-Mundi turned and he was shot. He deflected the 1st few shots with his saber, but the clones kept advancing and shot him repeatedly.

Next the scene moved to this fungus planet. Aayla Secura stopped advancing as she sense something was wrong. The clones raised their blasters and shot her. She fell to the ground. The camera looked down in the body of Aayla as she fell down, and the clones continue to shoot her body. A big stone blocked the view of her body from the audience, but we could see the clones firing repeatedly on her body.

Next Adi Gallia was on a speeder bike with 2 scoutroopers. They received the signals and moved behind Adi Gallia's speeder. they shoot her speeder and she crashed into a rock and exploded.

Plo Koon was flying on his Jedi Starship when the 2 ARC Fighters behind him received the Order 66 from Palaptine's hologram. They fired at Plo Koon's ship. You see the back of Pol Koon exploded and he shot forward. The ship smashed into a building and exploded.

Lastly, back on Kashyeek, Yoda had chest pain and clinged onto the wall as he felt a disturbance in the force. 2 Green coloured troopers received the Order 66 and walked to the back of Yoda, but Yoda turned and chopped off their heads.

Chewbacca and tartful led Yoda out of the Command Centre. Yoda then jumped onto Chewbacca's back and rode him (Just like how Luke carried Yoda back on Dagobah during his trainings)

bobafett81
Another memorable scene was towards the end, when you see Imperial Officers all decked out in their Grey Imperial Uniforms manning the Star Destroyers.

Damn nostalgic....

darthvinss
OK, I just saw it here in france at 00.05 AM, that was really impressive, more than I thought, but I think that there are so much details in every images that I would be very sure of what i think after a 2nd and 3rd seeing...
I must say there are something wrong in the rythm, there are too much differents scenes, but maybe its because I only see it 1 time and its so powerfull in the image that my eyes got to be used to it...
another thing : where is Qui Gon's voice Mr Lucas ?? I was waiting for that !! :'(
May the force be with you all !!

The Ones
WOW. THANKS!

Flat_E
I've seen it this morning (France). One word : awesome ! It's dark, tragic, at certains times violent. Some images will haunted me forever (the end of anakin / obi-wan duel, for example) !
And the link with Episode IV is perfect.

Lord Banshee
Do we see Quinlan Vos ??

bobafett81
Originally posted by Lord Banshee
Do we see Quinlan Vos ??

nope, but he was mentioned by Obi Wan.

When Anakin came running down after he was late for the Jedi Briefing at the temple, Obi-Wan told Anakin Master Vos was sent to this system (can't remember what) to fight the Seperatists.

Mandos
You know the Ones, all that info was on the episode 3 script, which I've read. I thought everyone here read it.

yodafan
Wow, I can't wait anymore! I have to wait all the way untill Sunday before I get time to see it too sad

Crazy88No.1
I can't wait for Episode III big grin

Van Hoe
I saw the movie today, it's just the best movie I've ever seen !!!

yodafan
The thread for this is here,

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t342552.html

Ken Kenobi
There is no reason to start a new thread for every "I've seen the movie" post.

Merging with some other thread...

jedifuk
you dont get it.. seeing rots in my small town in Medan, Indonesia.. is just like hoping that rots will be shown in America at village or remote place from big city.. that's why this is strange..cause usually my town do not pick movie this soon.. we usually see movie after released 3 months in big city...

ddelosreyes

jango fatt
cool for you

jango fatt
How was order 66?
Was there actually a chase scene between Grievous and Obi?

Stefan Kojic
How good was the Anie vs Obi duel?

Maciej
does obi actually beat Ani in the duel or is it just that ani screws something up?

Ken Kenobi
Everyone, quit...making...new...threads...for...this.

Use the one I merge this in.

Maciej
can someone just tell me whether Obi kicks Ani's butt or does Ani simply slip into the lava messing up the entire movie.

ddelosreyes
yes there is a chasing between Obi and Grievous, Boga is perfectly animated its roar is awsome, Obi defeats Anakin in duel, order 66 was terrible with all jedis murdered.

Maciej
thank you brudda, so then is Obi actually better then MACE at fighting?

DeVi| D0do
Mace is a pussy.

Obi Wan's the man.

Maciej
so then Obi Wan actually proper screws Ani up. Cause I'm just worried that its going to be some kind of...sieze the moment thing. I just want to see hayden getting.....up

ddelosreyes
Obi is a real jedi master, instead palpatine gets his scars as a mace windu courtesy. Yoda-Palp duel is great too, sidiuos is very fast

ddelosreyes

Maciej
will i be dissapointed? is there a lot with the women and ANI?

LandoSpeeder2

Maciej
so..then finally...ani becomes DARTH because obi wan properly screws him up in the fight, and leaves him burning...yes?? good

ddelosreyes

DeVi| D0do
One thing I forgot to mention:

There are indeed some horrible wipes used in this film... actually, most of them are bad.

Maciej
dont worry ddelosreyes, your english is fine...it was a rude comment

ddelosreyes
there are a lot of romantic scenes between padme and ani, some of them are very sad, especially the last one when ani thinks padme si a traitor, a he try to kill her

Maciej
this, i think i will not like. you see, I am not going for Padme, and I never did. Actually I think all the acting except for Yoda and Obi is actually horrible...absolutely horrible. But the graphics...well thats another thing

ddelosreyes
i cry when tarful and chewy helps and say bye to yoda, when padme dies and when luke is given to beru and obi disapears in the sunset. You must be prepared to feel all kind of emotions

DeVi| D0do
Hayden and Natalie don't suck in this movie... and Ian just owns (naturally)

Sam was terrible.

ddelosreyes
yea very poor performance for a great character

LandoSpeeder2
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Hayden and Natalie don't suck in this movie... and Ian just owns (naturally)

Sam was terrible. Who's Sam, I can't think.

ddelosreyes
samuel l. jackson i think

LandoSpeeder2
yea, I don't why I couldn't think of that.lol

DeVi| D0do
nevermind

queeq
Wow... I just came back from seeing it. And I must say it was quite a relief, I loved it. Especially the first hour and a half were awesome.

But there's always stuff to ***** about and why not... wink

I felt the Anakin's turn was a bit abrupt and not entirely believable at that moment. From that moment on the film went slightly odd for me for a while. It was all a bit weirdish. We see him clearly turning for good for a change (didn't see anything like it in AOTC) and then suddenly POOF, instant Vader.

Natalie wasn't great and neither was Sam. I felt Palpy's rubber mask looked awful after the Mace fight. (and what was that grunting about? I never heard that before...)

I also felt some things were NOT tied up nicely. The whole disappearing thing is discarded too simple in my view. "Here, Obi, go sit in the desert for 20 years and learn how to disappear, I will do the same in my swamp."
The lovely ROTJ mother-convo is absolute shit now. And the whole Owen-OB1 relationship is totally unclear.

But on a lighter note, the final battle between OB1 and Ani was great and Anakin turning into crispy bacon was really rather grim and got to me. Ewan was awesome and I felt Hayden did an excellent job.

All in all, I'd rate it no. 3 right after ESB and ANH.

ColliC
Just saw the movie, and it's the best ever made... smile

Anakin/Obi-Wan duel is the best lightsaber duel ever. And no, Obi-Wan don't kicks his ass. By a mistake of Anakin, he lost his arm and legs. And then he burned; screaming "I hate you".
Darth Vader was very cool on screen. I liked it very much. And Palpatine/Darth Sidious... wonderful big grin

PS: Sorry for my englsh, i'am from holland stick out tongue

Maciej
so obi-wan doesn't kick his ass..he's not better?

queeq
They're about the same. And it's not the best SW film ever, the good thing is, the bst three SW films are in a row... wink

ColliC
No, i think there is no winner...
Anakin made a mistake. But the fight is awesome smile
Don't worry about that...

And for me, it's the best ever smile

queeq
Oh yes it is. Definately what we were all expecting. And Anakin burning up is quite painful to watch.

Maciej
but does obi-wan actually get him a couple of times...or is it equal...also I have heard that Mace kicks Palpatines but, but then Anikin comes in

koolruningz
I went to the midnight showing last night and after nearly 30 yrs of watching Star Wars i was delighted with this conclusion to the saga. The opening space battle is one of the most breathtaking scenes ever, the special effects are flawless and you really feel like you're up there with Obi Wan and Anakin. R2 provides much of the humour in the first 20 mins, the scene where he muffles Obi Wan's voice on the comlink to avoid detection by the battle droids had everyone laughing. The Dooku duel was great if not a bit short (the same could be said for a few scenes but there was alot of story to get through), the move that Anakin uses to take Dooku's hands was brilliant and Palpatine looking on was a great nod to ROTJ. The one special effect shot that really hit me as amazing was when the cruiser crash lands and the camera starts as a long shot and pushes all the way up to the flight deck so you can see Obi Wan, Anakin and co, you'll know what i mean when you see it and its seamless. I had heard alot of negative comments about Anakin and Padmes scenes but i didnt see much wrong with them, some lines were a bit flat but all in all they seemed pretty genuine. I guess it all comes down to how much of a cynic you are. Palpatine was awesome in this movie, i loved all his scenes in the previous 2 but this time he really gets a chance to shine. The seducing opera scene was really well done as was the scene when Anakin discovers Palpatines true identity. The Mace and Palpatine showdown was great, Mace really holds his own after the other Masters get owned. I would have liked to see Palpatine duel with all four for a while to show his skills but the posse falls pretty easily and to some pretty basic moves. The scene were Anakin finally makes his choice and takes out Mace was really hard to watch because you know that its all downhill from then. I really enjoyed Anakin and Obi Wan's relationship when they were friends and they fight really well together on The Invisible Hand and the execution of Mace is the nail in the coffin for good Anakin. Palpatine's transformation is chilling, what he does with his voice in that scene gave me goosebumps as well. I would have liked to see a longer scene for the Jedi purge but the story by this stage was moving too fast. Seeing Yoda hop onto Chewie's back was amusing, i never made the connection to the ESB were Luke carries him the same way. I didnt think the scene with Anakin slaying the younglings was that bad, but i knew it was coming. My friend who went with me was pretty shocked. The showdowns were as incredible as i had imagined, Yoda and Palpatine was a draw as far as i can see. Yoda knew he had to retreat and Palpatine was pretty shaken up to, im glad they didnt make Palpatine as powerful as some people were saying. He still kicked arse though and seeing how easily he could hurl the senate pods was impressive. The one scene i was worried about was the conversation between Anakin and Padme before he chokes her, i wasnt sure how Anakin could go from doing everything to save Padme to killing her himself. But i was pleased how it was done, Obi Wan was hinted at numerous times as someone Anakin was jealous of when it came to Obi Wan's relationship with Padme and when Anakin sees him standing on Padmes ship he just snaps and we all know what follows. The duel itself was fought at a blistering pace to start off, i couldnt believe how fast the sabers were moving. There was plenty of emotion and when Obi Wan says he has the high ground i knew what was coming next. The burning Anakin scene wasnt as graphic as i thought it would be, i loved Obi Wan's speech about Anakin being the chosen one, loads of anguish. The image of Palpatine kneeling by the charred body of Anakin by the lava river was powerful to me. I wasnt a fan of the whole Qui Gon afterlife story but anyway its done and seeing Obi Wan's face face when he realises he old master lives in the force made me warm to it a bit more. Padme dying and Vader being reborn was emotional and when she named the children i was grinning like a true fan should. Seeing the world through Vaders eyes gives new meaning to his dying words in ROTJ, I also like how the Emperor tells Vader that he killed Padme when we actually find out thats not really the case (just makes him seem like even more of a manipulator). The end montage was really just for nostalgia sake but seeing as i grew up with the OT im not going to complain one bit. As someone has already said it was great to see the Imperial officers in their grey uniforms and a young Tarkin makes a brief appearance. The final shot makes you want to pop A new hope in the dvd player, the same music as when Luke looks out at the twin suns plays and Owen and Beru hold baby Luke and look out at the setting suns - brilliant. Overall i cant place this movie into the trilogy ranking just yet because i've only seen it once and i dont want to place it too highly. I will say its easily the best PT (obviously) and makes the previous 2 even better. In time it could be placed up there with ESB but i'd have to see it a few more times. ESB still rocks my world 20+ yrs later, ROTS could well do the same. Hope you all enjoy it as much as i did.

ColliC
The Ani/Obi battle is equal.

Yes, Mace definitly kicks palpy's ass, but when he's going to kill him, anakin cut off his hand...

Then palpy use his force lightning and throws mace out of the broken window...

And Anakin is crying: "What have I done"

DeVi| D0do
koolruningz, dude... paragraphs are you friend wink

Palpatine lets Mace beat him in order to turn Anakin. He could have easily wasted Mace on his own...

ColliC
No, don't think so, devil dodo....
Mace was really stronger than Sidious.

koolruningz
koolruningz, dude... paragraphs are you friend wink

I know man, i just had to get it all down as it was coming to me. I've only had 3hrs sleep and a long day at work ahead of me. stick out tongue

Naredhel
ColliC, I thought it was taken as rote that Sidious deliberately held back?

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by koolruningz
I know man, i just had to get it all down as it was coming to me. I've only had 3hrs sleep and a long day at work ahead of me. stick out tongue
haha, fair enough big grin

Originally posted by ColliC
No, don't think so, devil dodo....
Mace was really stronger than Sidious.
nah, I don't belive that. Mace is a pussy. Sidious is the badest mofo in the galaxy.

ColliC
Well, i couldn't see it that he deliberately held back...
He was scared, but maybe he fakes it. I don't know exactly...

It looks real to me...

Naredhel
It looked real to Anakin stick out tongue

ColliC
smile

koolruningz
I agree with Queeq about the speed of Anakins turn, one minutes he is crying "what have i done" and after ONE line from Palpatine he is swearing his allegiance and wasting kids. I guess he realised there was no going back after the Mace killing and just got on with it, still a bit rushed for me. I would have liked to see more of Palpatine influencing him, which reminds me do any of you think Palpatine used his force powers to help him seduce Anakin? I dont mean a simple mind trick but more like clouding his judgement in some way.

hunchy
Originally posted by astrofan428
Yeah your right hunchy, but unlike most movies that leave you waiting for what is next, I am sure most people will go home and find ANH already in their DVD players.

Unlike most movies this doesnt set up for something you have to wait for. Though I do see your point that SW is ending, but this will be the first SW movies where you see it and no it is finished. Even after ROTJ you always knew that episode IV thing in a ANH's scroll meant something.

True. Good points.

JC2004
everyone who says natalie and haydens performance was no good must not have seen the movie i saw last night. They were great, some of those scenes I believe were the most dramatic and emotive form the whole saga. As for people sayin Ani's turn was a bit abrupt, through Hayden and Natalies love sequences (which are in no way cheesy) we really understand how Padme means absolutley everything to Anikan and he would do absolutley anything to save her. In my opinion the only weird dialogue and questionable acting came for Sam and Ian during their fight. Any way thats my two cents and just my "point of view". GEt out and see this movie everyone it is absolutley breathtaking, a truly fitting way to end the saga.

Slaughter
im about to see episode III in 2 hours!!

koolruningz
I think the biggest cheer went to Yoda when he dealt to those Royal Guards when he confronts Palpatine, effortless. big grin

bioptical
well i went into the midnight preview knowing the whole storyline and having read every spoiler and seen every leaked picture imaginable, and i still managed to miss bits that i realy wanted to look out for. there's just so much going o!

it's wicked tho, what a movie! very different to all of the previous films with some of the camera angles, general atmosphere, but really dense and enjoyable. special mention to obi's giant lizard friend (cant remember her name) and Yoda's mindbendingly expressive animation, cool as f*ck!

erm.. the 'fancy' wipes tho, not into them. i could aslo have done without vader screaming 'nooooo' at the end. bit corny for me, but i never thought that would work anyway ;]

but really the final verdict is that it's f*cking briliant.

queeq
All in all, it's goof enough to forgive its flaws. Unlike EpI and II. Maybe GL should go and redo those two for the next 28 years, he finally got the hang of it.

star22
Ian? Surely you are joking. He was the best in the whole movie.

ArthasKnight
No, he had some questionable dialogue. And his whimpering during the fight with Mace (yes I understand he was provoking Anakin) was just too pathetic for a Sith Lord.

DeVi| D0do
I loved every second of Ian. Flawless.

queeq
I agree.... well, apart from the ugly rubber mask.

FieryBalrog
anakins transformation was a bit abrupt.

one second hes all "what have I done?"

next second: "Yes, master I will slaughter them all".

some of the dialogue was painful, some was OK. Fights were great, too many lightsabers though. It diluted the impact. Yoda and Sidious shouldnt have used them against each other, would have been a cooler fight with just the force.

moonwalker741
Anakin, Darth Vader Rather when he messes up the room where he finds out he supposedly killed Padme, The "NOOO!" was really corny.....

but i thought it was cool, i predicted the whole movie though, except for some parts....

moonwalker741
But the acting was horrible! ugh!

DeVi| D0do
The only acting that bothered me was Sam's... and maybe a few lines from Hayden and Natalie, but they were ok for the most part.

I mean, this is Star Wars... what were you expecting?

finti
GL did what I feared he would do with this movie, he didnt consider some facts of the OT and just blew the scene with Luke and Leia in ROTJ away

DeVi| D0do
yea... does Lucas really think we're gonna buy that Luke - err, Leia I mean - remembers that one smile Padme gives her two seconds after he's born? and when his eyes aren't even open?

you can't explain your way around that one... PLOT HOLE!

queeq

finti
great call queeq

star22
We already knew that Obi was a lier. I can buy that Leia may remember seeing her mother. After all, she is a jedi baby. If her eyes are open and Luke's aren't, it is plausible. Besides, I believe that she shares that connection to their mother that Luke share's to their father.

DeVi| D0do
That's right it's Leia not Luke... I guess you could kinda argue that. It's a stretch... but it'll have to do wink

Does nobody else think the wipes they used were totally ridiculous?

star22
Sure it's a stretch. It does work, though.

finti
actually it was Luke who got the most time in front of his mother so the entire event kills off Luke and Leias conversation at Endor. Besides Luke is trained in the jedi ways and encountered his father which would explain his connection toward him, as for Leia nothing

queeq
Finti's right. Lucas slaughtered the ROTJ scene.

finti
oh and those litle wrecking droids that got onto Obis ship was a bit too much as well.......

mandalorian_war
IJUST GOT BACK FROM SEEING IT AND OMG rock rock rock rock Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance
IT WAS THE BEST STAR WARS MOVIE EVER

queeq
No it isn't. ESB rules for ever!

hacksawfg
I thought it was a pretty good movie, maybe tied with ROTJ, but the Ewoks drag it down just enough to make RoTS my third fave. Acting was typical Star Wars, I like all the little parallels (Yoda climbing on Chewies back like Luke, ObiWan getting into Tantive IV just like the Tantive IV on the destroyer in ANH, etc.). Especially like the Emporers little grin behind Vaders back after he gets the news about Padme (evil bastard that he is). Overall, it was a good way to spend the early hours of the day, but I'm gonna be tired tomorrow sad

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by finti
oh and those litle wrecking droids that got onto Obis ship was a bit too much as well....... they didn't bother me...

but that medical droid did... it's voice was so pathetic! and they didn't change the voice of the Neimoidian pilot of the Invisible Hand! he sounds so retarded!

finti
oh they were almost as bad as Grievous, his voices sounded like that of the one who tells Obi Wan about the toxic dart in AOTC ooh and that Yoda was a friend of Chewie no no bad bad bad

queeq
Yup yup. They can cut the whole Kasyyk stuff, if you ask me. Nice to see but totally irrelevant.

voltrex35
BEST STAR WARS MOVIE EVER INCOMPARABLE SHOT BY SHOT JUST FINISHED WATCHING IT IN LAREDO, TEXAS. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GEORGE LUCAS YOU HAVE REDEEMED YOURSELF!!!!

Delta 62
First off, Grievous sounds NOTHING like Dex. Secondly, I loved the entire Clone Wars montage, including all parts related to Kashyyyk.

cal31
they didn't bother me...

but that medical droid did... it's voice was so pathetic! and they didn't change the voice of the Neimoidian pilot of the Invisible Hand! he sounds so retarded! LOL, I definetly agree about the Neimoidian captain.

cal31
Did everyone see Lucas talking to his daughter as Anakin walks into the opera building? Good to see him in there, and his son Jett didn't do to bad defending Bail.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>