The Legend Of Zelda: The Twilight Princess

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
The other blasted thread got the title completely wrong, soooo let's start over here.

http://media.cube.ign.com/media/572/572738/vids_1.html

Doctor Strange
Meh. I'm waiting until E3 to decide anything. I hope it's not really the title though, sounds bloody unoriginal.

JToTheP
I don't mind the title, looking at the game makes me like it more though. big grin

General Kaliero
It IS the real title. It was confirmed at Nintendo's press conference this morning. Check Nintendo's official site for the proof, which is a rather kick-ass trailer.

Oh, and the new high-res screenshots that were leaked this morning are amazing. I've already set one up as my wallpaper.

hotsauce6548
Yeah, but Link = Werewolf?

What were they thinking?!? confused

Doesn't sound too appealing to me. I wonder why they went with that idea?

Maybe they were just smokin' .

Draco69
Don't judge it yet. The Zelda series had a excellent track record.

General Kaliero
I'm getting the impression that it's a light world/dark world thing, like in ALttP, especially since I've heard the monochrome areas referred to as the "Twilight Realm." In ALttP, Link transformed into a light pink bunny. At least a werewolf can actually hurt things.

I, for one, am buying this, because it looks awesome, and because the Zelda Series on the whole has excelled.

JToTheP
I've owned all, but Majora's Mask, I definately intend to buy this! big grin

Tex
The graphics aren't as impressive as some of the earlier trailers. confused

Ken Kenobi
It looks like crap...I'm sorry.

Link is now a wolf? Where in the world did that come from?

It was bad enough there was a Minish Cap, but this it ridiculous.

Where are the days where Link was Link, nothing more? He had his sword and some extras, but he wasn't anything more than Link.

SaTsuJiN
he was probably cursed, and it plays out as a piece of beginning story.. you can clearly see his wolf form doesnt monopolize the game whatsoever

JToTheP
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi

Where are the days where Link was Link, nothing more? He had his sword and some extras, but he wasn't anything more than Link.

Get out. You've just shown that you will be contributing nothing intelligent to this forum what so ever. The fact you hate Minish Cap is even worse. What are you 4 years old? Stop crying, because if Zelda is such a terrible series to you, why the f*** is it selling like crazy?

JToTheP
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
he was probably cursed, and it plays out as a piece of beginning story.. you can clearly see his wolf form doesnt monopolize the game whatsoever

Some people can't see this though, which is the sad part.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by JToTheP
Get out. You've just shown that you will be contributing nothing intelligent to this forum what so ever. The fact you hate Minish Cap is even worse. What are you 4 years old? Stop crying, because if Zelda is such a terrible series to you, why the f*** is it selling like crazy?

Key words there in your post JP.

The fact you hate Minish Cap is even worse
such a terrible series to you

Yes JP, these are MY opinions, obviously not the opinions of everyone on the forum, you need to realise that not everyone is going to agree with you.

I love Zelda, but this one doesn't look good to me.

General Kaliero
And why not? Simply because of the wolf-Link thing?

Why is this automatically a bad thing? Because it's different?

If you remember, the first Zelda on the NES was different. People saw it and freaked out because they had never tried a game like it. No sidescrolling? And you're just ploped down in the middle of nowhere with nothing but the clothes on your back? But did its being different make it a bad game? No! In fact, it made it one of the best games on the console.

So don't pre-judge. Give it a chance before yoy decide you hate it.

shadow12
Originally posted by General Kaliero
And why not? Simply because of the wolf-Link thing?

Why is this automatically a bad thing? Because it's different?

If you remember, the first Zelda on the NES was different. People saw it and freaked out because they had never tried a game like it. No sidescrolling? And you're just ploped down in the middle of nowhere with nothing but the clothes on your back? But did its being different make it a bad game? No! In fact, it made it one of the best games on the console.

So don't pre-judge. Give it a chance before yoy decide you hate it.
i agree with him change can be good

Sith Master X
How bout we all just play the game first when it comes out before putting it down? roll eyes (sarcastic)

The title has nothing to do with how well the game will perform.

Ken Kenobi
I never said I wasn't going to try it. I said it LOOKS crappy.

Mistah DEVIL
I never said I wasn't going to try it. I said it LOOKS crappy.
About your wolf comment. I think that dude whos riding on link as a wolf transformed him into a wolf.

General Kaliero
That "Dude" is Midna, who is actually a female, and apparently a good person and companion.

I thought that the first time I saw the trailer too, tho. Sucks when your only way of smiling looks evil, I guess...

Mistah DEVIL
That "Dude" is Midna, who is actually a female, and apparently a good person and companion.

I thought that the first time I saw the trailer too, tho. Sucks when your only way of smiling looks evil, I guess...
tell me about it

DarkAnakin226
Not what the picture says!

Morgoths_Wrath
I'm not worried about it, LoZ always delivers

JToTheP
Originally posted by DarkAnakin226
Not what the picture says!

LOOK AT THE RATING BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE & REALIZE THAT'S SO FAKE!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

JToTheP
Key words there in your post JP.

The fact you hate Minish Cap is even worse
such a terrible series to you

Yes JP, these are MY opinions, obviously not the opinions of everyone on the forum, you need to realise that not everyone is going to agree with you.

I love Zelda, but this one doesn't look good to me.

Your also the only one saying this looks like a bad Zelda game here, and if you didn't notice we're trying to keep the Zelda haters out.

I don't see how this one wouldn't look good to you, but alright then whatever you say.

Draco69
LOOK AT THE RATING BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE & REALIZE THAT'S SO FAKE!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Agreed. For god's sake it OBVIOUSLY a fake. No Zelda game has an "Adult" rating. Are finally gonna see years of repressed sexual tension between Link and Princess Zelda come to light in the bedroom, the garage, the car, on Epona, on a rock, in dungeon.....

SaTsuJiN
Not what the picture says! ...... an Adult Only rating... and perhaps the shittiest photoshop job I have ever seen in my life... yes.. its totally convincing that is the official game box... roll eyes (sarcastic)

JToTheP
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
...... an Adult Only rating... and perhaps the shittiest photoshop job I have ever seen in my life... yes.. its totally convincing that is the official game box... roll eyes (sarcastic)

I know, let alone the in-game pic, the strange background, the word 'Zelda' not even being red, it's SURELY the cover! eek! roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarkAnakin226
Could be the case maybe it's that violent they rated A, but this isn't the real game, the guys who posted this form is right, it's not called Rein of Sorrows.

General Kaliero
There is NO way Nintendo is going to limit themselves by making TP AO. It's not conceivable.

I don't think any Zelda has gone higher than E. Not even WW, and that had forehead stabbing. (no blood, but still violent)

Blue Dragon
The game has a crap name!? Twilight Princess!?

sith_darth_jay

I totally agree, I was impresed with the first trailer, last year. But this time, i didn't looked that great, in fact it reminded me of TLOZ majora's mask sick , what the F happened?

I love Zelda but hey...
although it's a bit early to judge if we haven't played it yet

Your also the only one saying this looks like a bad Zelda game here, and if you didn't notice we're trying to keep the Zelda haters out.

I don't see how this one wouldn't look good to you, but alright then whatever you say.

why keep the Zelda haters out????!!!, whenever someone don't agree with you, you just kicked them out? confused

DarkAnakin226
Originally posted by Blue Dragon
The game has a crap name!? Twilight Princess!?
I agree, if it would be called Rein of Sorrows that would be a times better name then the TWILIGHT PRINCESS!

shadow12
Originally posted by sith_darth_jay
I totally agree, I was impresed with the first trailer, last year. But this time, i didn't looked that great, in fact it reminded me of TLOZ majora's mask sick , what the F happened?

I love Zelda but hey...
although it's a bit early to judge if we haven't played it yet

why keep the Zelda haters out????!!!, whenever someone don't agree with you, you just kicked them out? confused god can u at least try it before judging it

JToTheP
I agree, if it would be called Rein of Sorrows that would be a times better name then the TWILIGHT PRINCESS!

REIN OF SORROWS IS A GARBAGE NAME WITH A PATHETIC PUN!!!!!!!!

General Kaliero
Yeah, Rein of Sorrows is just about as stupid as you can get. If you hadn't noticed, few people actually enjoy puns.

Zelda titles almost always connect to the plot of the game. And from what I've seen, this "Twilight" is a pretty evil plot device. I think people are just rejecting Twilight Princess because it has the word "Princess" in it. So stop being sexist and enjoy the fact that this game's gonna be bigger, longer, and (hopefully) better than Ocarina of Time.

shadow12
Yeah, Rein of Sorrows is just about as stupid as you can get. If you hadn't noticed, few people actually enjoy puns.

Zelda titles almost always connect to the plot of the game. And from what I've seen, this "Twilight" is a pretty evil plot device. I think people are just rejecting Twilight Princess because it has the word "Princess" in it. So stop being sexist and enjoy the fact that this game's gonna be bigger, longer, and (hopefully) better than Ocarina of Time.
i agree

sith_darth_jay
Originally posted by shadow12
god can u at least try it before judging it

that's what I said

shadow12
thats not how it sounded

Blue Dragon
Reign of Sorrows...doesn't it just sound peaceful...I love the title.

((The_Anomaly))
hahaha! ok bud, just wait till it wins 2005 game of the year then come back here and say that...

oddly enough, resident evil 4 i think will be the only real competition for Zelda, looks like its a nintendo year...

Lana
Judging but what I've seen so far, this game looks pretty damn cool. Can't wait to find out more about it smile

General Kaliero
Should be out worldwide in time for the holidays, from what I've been hearing...

And I plan to get one of those first 25 copies, one way or another... Plus the one I already have reserved at EB (for whatever the Super Premium edition includes)

Layden
OK the game look sfreakin sweet i think that it looks good for one, the gameplay looks addictive and the horseback riding while fighting is pretty sweet looking, and alot of people are skeptiacl about the werewolf thing but honestly The zelda franchise has always been know to put differnt gameply elements in thier games and they usually always never let me down i think the only real competiors for it our going to be the new Killzone and Resident Evil 4.

Darth Jello
I like the games and they do have a good track record, but you gotta admit, Majora's Mask was an absolute abortion of a videogame.
this game seems good, but these are what i'm really looking for:
1. a prequal to Ocarina of time
2. a game ending in a massive, Star Wars style swordfight between Link and Ganondorf
3. Updated remakes of the first two games ala Metroid:Zero Mission (if they rename the strongest sword in the first game to the Picori Blade, they will rectify a lot of timeline problems....The fricken sword even looks like it!!!!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.