Highest Body Count in a Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

slinger
What's the highest body count in a movie and what's the movie. I heard that it might be Hard Boiled, but I'm not sure.

roundisfunny
I read in a trivia book several years ago that "Red Dawn" had the most specific acts of violence up to that time. It may have been most acts of violence per minute or something, but it's probably been outdone since then.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if "Hard Boiled" is the current champ. The whole reason I bought the movie is because of the scene in which Chow Yun-Fat slides down the bannister, pumping round after round into dozens of guys (as civilians drop left and right simultaneously).

yerssot
Hot Shots part Deux... didn't you saw the counter laughing out loud

shaber
Does Star Wars: A New Hope count?

amity75
Or Deep Impact? Or Independence Day? Or Armageddon? Or Terminator 3?

roundisfunny
I tried doing body counts for slasher movies years ago, but "Halloween 3: Season of the Witch" outdid them all with its cryptic "The whole world will see this broadcast and perish" ending.

Naturally, an apocolypse movie like "The Stand" or most zombie movies will outrank most slashers or shoot-em-ups. The real challenge here is to figure out what kind of movies to include in the contest, and what kind of deaths to count (on-screen only, etc).

big gay kirk
Howzabout Childhood's End??

Commando
world war movies have alot of deaths.

FLICKNAVY
How about Kill Bill? 100's of ninjas gettin decapitated and cut up.

boxofdeath2.0
how about Harry and the Hendersons? Didnt that big monkey looking thing die in the end? And he was really big, so he should count for more than one person.

petemcrunnel
SPAM REMOVED

Nixua
The problem is going to be which genres to include
i mean any disaster movie or sci fi movie including mega powerful
aliens usely includes alot of death
but no real "body count" i mean look at T3 you don't really see the bodies
so does body count only count if u see the body?

shadow link
i would think any of the lotr movies like in the first at start in prelude and all the orcs just get zapped coz saurons power is gone, and in tt at least 10,000 orcs get killed. and how could we forget rotk and although we dont see all 200 000 orcs and 10 000 orcs and another billion soldiers get killed, well, theres still heaps

Pablo G
What the f**k?

king_arthur
We are mainly talking about on-screen deaths so Alderaan blowing up in "A New Hope" doesn't count.

The highest body count goes to Hard Boiled with a amazing 230 deaths.
I can also think of The Killer, Commando (1985) and Kill Bill vol. 1

tabby999
didn't the old school Punisher with Dolf Ludgren have a massive body count?

romper_stomper
let me rant about/reccomend to you all,the little known eighties horror flick bloody wednesday,it has a scene at the end where the main character walks into a restauraunt and kills around thirty innocent bystanders,maybe not the highest body count in a movie but certainly the most ballsy in a they cant show that kind of way............i highly reccomend you all seek this film out,,it was recalled in oz and all copies destroyed a few years back so all you oz posters good luck finding a copy

ladygrim
war of the worlds had a fair few bodies big grin

session 9
I think I saw somewhere that Equilibrium had one of the highest body counts.

jaden101
even in most apocalypse movies there are survivors...except one

invasion of the body snatchers....every single person on earth dies...so it wins

Revan Souer
I would have to say Commando Arnie kills a whole army single handed, 80's films you can't beat them for realisim

Bardock42
Originally posted by big gay kirk
Howzabout Childhood's End??

there'S a movie to that? I read the book ...is it something different or based on it...because to be honest I don't remember any outstanding death toll......no expression

looked it up on ImdB is probably not based on it.....haven't heard or seen it then.....

Wolfie
Originally posted by yerssot
Hot Shots part Deux... didn't you saw the counter laughing out loud
Just what I was thinking. laughing

papabeard
Braindead has a high body count, with all the zombies that die in the lawnmower scene.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.