The moment you are waiting for...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

astrofan428
If this thread is already alive somewhere I am sorry, I will understand if closed or merged.

I know alot of people here already know the basic setup of the story and all the key moments. I was wondering what these people say is the moment they finally want to see on screen. And for the few who have seen or seeing it tonight I would like to know what moment you looked forward to prior to seeing the movie and what moment you liked the most from the movie.

If you post a moment here and then see the movie you can come back and tell us if that moment was what you expected and hoped for.

All that being said, the moment I have been waiting for the last 2 years since I got hooked on SW has to be "THE DUEL". In any movies containing sword fights i absolutely love that stuff, and for the last 2 years i have heard how this is supposed to be the biggest and best in movie history.

JKozzy
Palps completely owning everyone. The Duel. Anakin killing Dooku. Order 66. And the Temple Purge. These, I cannot wait for. Two days. big grin

Texansfan05
I know it's not original but I want to see Obi-Wan VS Anikan I think it will be the greatest duel in Star Wars history.

astrofan428
Originally posted by JKozzy
Palps completely owning everyone. The Duel. Anakin killing Dooku. Order 66. And the Temple Purge. These, I cannot wait for. Two days. big grin

So basically the entire movie. stick out tongue

JKozzy
Nah, I didn't say Grievous stick out tongue

macgeek2005
Order 66

astrofan428
Nah, I didn't say Grievous stick out tongue

Now hold on, are you looking forward to him dying? big grin

I am.

HAROLD
My absolute most anticipated moment of this film is the last moments of Vader prior to putting on the suit. Seeing a limbless Anakin igniting into flames while shouting, "I hate you!" to his former master and friend. Pretty powerful stuff.

koolruningz
After nearly 30 yrs of waiting I'm gonna have to be boring and say the duel. I first went to see Star Wars when i was 4 and it dominated my youth and is still a major influence today in my 30's (my 2 boys are called Luke and Ben). As soon as Lucas made it known how Darth Vader was born i was intrigued, when the PT was announced i knew i would finally get to see the showdown that was only hinted at in A new hope. I'm trying not to have too lofty expectations when i go to see it tonight because i think that can sometimes ruin highly anticipated movies but after 26 yrs of being a Star Wars fan its pretty hard to keep calm. I hope you guys all have a memorable experience.

Texansfan05
I picked the same scene it's going to be powerful seeing two people who were like brother's trying to kill each other.

Lord Yoda
The final duel and the Grievous fight.

Batman316
Originally posted by koolruningz
I first went to see Star Wars when i was 4 and it dominated my youth and is still a major influence today in my 30's (my 2 boys are called Luke and Ben).

wow your wife let you get away with that!!!!!!!

for me it's The Duel

The rest of the movie is merely filling leading up to that point

astrofan428
Are they simply called Luke and Ben or are they named Luke and Ben?

And I am suprised by the heavy emphasis on the duel, I fugured this movie has so much going for it that there would be more varried answers.

Texansfan05
It will be interesting to see the scene were Mace Windu is murdered and where Anakin is persuaded by Palpatine to become a sith. Palpatine's pure evil coming out using Padme as his leverage to turn Anakin to the dark side.

koolruningz
Originally posted by Batman316
wow your wife let you get away with that!!!!!!!

Yeah she is a fan to, plus they're everyday names as well. She would have slapped me if id tried to name our first born Chewie. They are names we both liked with or without Star Wars but its nice to be able to honour it at the same time. My six yr old is Star Wars mad at the moment, its a real buzz for a dad who is a fan to be able to answer all his questions.
Sorry Astrofan i didnt get the gist of your question so i'll say yes to both. confused

JKozzy
Originally posted by astrofan428
Now hold on, are you looking forward to him dying? big grin

I am. It's really the whole damn thing, I can't wait for it. Two more school days for me to suffer through. Hot damn.

astrofan428
What I meant was if they are really named Ben and Luke or if those where nicknames.

koolruningz
yeah those are their real names.

astrofan428
Ah, that is cool. I got stuck with Edwin.

Lana

Yeeeeaaaah cool

24 hours and 54 minutes eek!

Jedi Priestess
The mask coming down upon Vaders face. thumbsup

koolruningz
Forgot about that one. I think we'll definitely see Vader in a different light when we watch the OT.

koolruningz
Originally posted by astrofan428
Ah, that is cool. I got stuck with Edwin.

At least you've got one of Americas greatest athletes as a namesake - Edwin Moses. smile

astrofan428
WooHoo stick out tongue

koolruningz
laughing

Eddy Urquia
My most anticipated scene is....General Greivous when he breaks open his arms swinging four lightsabers at once. Imagine, all the colors on screen when he twirls those four colorful lazer swords(light sabers) while the General duels it out with the Jedi Master Obiwan Kenobi. this is something never before witnessed in any SW film. This has to be the MOST anticipated. Mind you, it will not be a short duel, and it will be the MOST exiting moment amoungh mant others.

Oh, and Mace Windu's battle with Papi. wow!
And, Emperor versus yoda(only in my dreams would I have expected this after his duel with Dooku in AotC.

Darth MoonPIE
Sidious vs Yoda
Sidious vs Mace
Anakin vs Dooku
Anakin vs Obi-wan

The exact moment when Anakin turns and takes the name Vader.

To see his injuries and how they happened exactly.

His reconstruction.

Order 66.

In other words..... THE WHOLE MOVIE?

Eddy Urquia
This is a list of just the sword play in RotS....

1. Anakin/Obiwan vs Dooku
2. Mace and posse vs Chancellor Palpatine/and Anakin
3. General Greivous vs Obiwan Kenobi
4. Yoda vs Emperor
5. Obiwan vs anakin

This list refrences only the duels between combatants, and it does not reflect the hours of sword play during the Chancellor's resque, the temple slayings, order 66, Anakin's assasination of seperatist leaders. Too much, and too little time. That movie is already upon us!! OMG

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.