Mastermind vs. Mystique

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

seaapple
Who is a better spy and master of deception?
Who would win in a fight?
http://www.comicseek.com/Marvel-Characters-Th/Mystique.jpg http://www.comicseek.com/Marvel-Characters-Th/Mastermind.jpg

Wickerman
Originally posted by seaapple
Who is a better spy and master of deception?
Who would win in a fight?
http://www.comicseek.com/Marvel-Characters-Th/Mystique.jpg http://www.comicseek.com/Marvel-Characters-Th/Mastermind.jpg

Which Mystique are we talking about? The pic relates to the old comic book one that can only change shape into people that have approximately her size and weight and only in humans.

~wickerman~

seaapple
I am not up to date on the current Mystique. Can she now change into anything she wants? Why don't you tell me what her current powers are and provide an answer for both new and classic Mystique. I can't keep up with X-Men/mutant power-ups...for that matter maybe Mastermind has been powered-up too...

Wickerman
I am not up to date on the current Mystique. Can she now change into anything she wants? Why don't you tell me what her current powers are and provide an answer for both new and classic Mystique. I can't keep up with X-Men/mutant power-ups...for that matter maybe Mastermind has been powered-up too...

No problem mon ami. basically the old mystique, the one from comics and the old 90's toon series was only able to change into humans that were around her height and weight. She also didn't have such nifty fighting abilities and in case you noticed she usually used a gun.

Nowadays, with the Evolution Mystique and other recent upgrades she can change into ANYTHING she wants as long as it's organic/sentient. Her fighting skills are also incredible. In the last episode of the Evo series (which is crap i know) she fights Wolverine like she's never fought him before. Liek turning into 5 snakes and attacking, and other stuff like that.

As for Mastermind, not very sure, but in Evo Mystique was upgraded and she and Magneto (who is also hella strong) became immune to most mind-affecting powers people threw at them. Logan can't even smell her. So i doubt Mastermind's powers would affect her....but i dunno....

~wickerman~

seaapple
Thank you very much. I've always liked shapeshifters, that and creating illusions are my two favorite powers! While she sounds cool in some ways now, she also sounds like a different character in terms of power.

Let's make this a battle with classic Mystique then, if she is immune to mind-affecting powers. (If Mastermind can use illusions to some degree then consider the current Mystique.)

radioboy121
Mystique is renowned for skills of penetration and sabotage, so she wins in that regard. As to Mystique being immune to mind powers, Xavier once mentioned that he can't read her mind, but he said he could easily mentally attack her (the reason she works for him in her own series as his cannon fodder agent). Mastermind is not a telepath, but his illusions are terribly devastating (he has tricked both Phoenixes but the first being with White Queen's device) and if he was truly ruthless, he could easily emotionally break her down.

seaapple
So probably because of her ability to mimic perfectly her skill is better for espionage (his illusions can't create voiceprints and retinal patterns since they are psychic). But his powers can be emotionally debilating so he wins in a fight. would his illusions work on Professor X or a greater mind?

Wickerman
So probably because of her ability to mimic perfectly her skill is better for espionage (his illusions can't create voiceprints and retinal patterns since they are psychic). But his powers can be emotionally debilating so he wins in a fight. would his illusions work on Professor X or a greater mind?

Yes, she would indeed be better at sabotage, etc. etc. As for Prof. X, i think Mastermind's actually scared of him What the f**k?

~wickerman~

Draco69
Mystique.

FieryBalrog
comic mystique isnt that powerful. They upgraded her in Evo and the movies. Shes not really a fighter, shes a stealth agent.

Wickerman
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
comic mystique isnt that powerful. They upgraded her in Evo and the movies. Shes not really a fighter, shes a stealth agent.

Yeah, i already said so in my first post, that she initially used a gun, not fighting techniques and stuff.... What the f**k?

~wickerman~

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.