How long are the lines @ midnight?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

serith
Was thinking of catching the midnight showing tonight, but want to know from people who've allready done it, just HOW retardedly long are the lines?? I'll be seeing it at a major mall in CNY. (There are 4 viewings at midnight to handle the crowds i'm guessing)

Ken Kenobi
To avoid the lines, you shoulda pre-ordered your tickets.

serith
I have free movie passes. I don't give money to the MPAA. (the passes were a gift).

Ken Kenobi
Then you still avoid lines, that's good.

LandoSpeeder2
The theater I'm going to doesn't allow passes for the midnight showing for episode III. Who cares though, there'd be no way I could get one, I got my tickets a month ago, only two screening rooms are sold out, out of 9 screening rooms they are playing it in.

lourock
Originally posted by serith
Was thinking of catching the midnight showing tonight, but want to know from people who've allready done it, just HOW retardedly long are the lines?? I'll be seeing it at a major mall in CNY. (There are 4 viewings at midnight to handle the crowds i'm guessing)

are u going to carousel???

lourock
i heard it was sold out at carousel tonite. and i got my tickets for 1015 pm on the 19th....

Lana
Originally posted by serith
I have free movie passes. I don't give money to the MPAA. (the passes were a gift).

You probably won't be able to get in, then, most theaters don't allow you to use passes for movies that just opened. Plus you still don't have tickets and good luck finding a showing that hasn't been sold out.

serith
Yeah, heh.. it was carousel. A buddy of mine and I showed up at like 9pm, and they were sold out with not a fan in site. When leaving, we saw Darth Vader and an Imperial Solider waiting by the food concessions. Oh well, guess we'll settle with seeing it.. tomorrow? lol

lourock
well hopefully ull be able to see it tonite. good luck and enjoy the movie.

12in77
Junction city kansas, midnight shwoing, 1 theatre, no lines, no sell out plenty of tickets still at midnight.

Lord Yoda
i got to go right in because i bought tickets on the net.

Darth Vicious
I got my tickets a week in advanced but still decide to go a bit early(10:30pm) and there were some people already but not bad, half hour after i got there it got crazy, too many people.

Lana
I got there at 10:30 and it was packed. Every showing already sold out. Thankfully I had ordered my tickets waaaaay in advance.

forumcrew
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
To avoid the lines, you shoulda pre-ordered your tickets.

that has nothing to do with it.. the midnight shows were mostly sold out meaning people were in line for seats not tickets. where i weant there were 7 sold out theaters for it was there about 3 hours early and about 40 deep in line for my theater

vader519
I had my tickets for a month, and my friends and I were going to go eat and then go to the theatre to watch the midnight showing. As I was getting ready go, I was watching the local news and they wer live at the theatre I was going to. There were huge lines, and the ran outside the theatre, snd this was at 6:00, and there were 6 midnight showings. I could not believe what I saw. I called all my friends up and we had to cancel dinner and go straight to the theatre. Man it was crayz, we had to sit at the top of the theatre, but it was still am awesome experience to see star wars at a midnight showing. It is something I will never forget.

WindDancer
We had two of our friends stay on line for about 4 hrs (we paid for their ticket so they agreed) All 20 theaters were showing Episode III at midnigth and the lines were about two blocks long. The rest of my friends and I arrived at 9:30pm for the midnight show.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.