Guy Gardner vs John Stewart

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
Guy Gardner

VS

John Stewart

The Battle to decide the 2nd most powerful GL! (Hal is obviously 1rst and Kyle is obviously 3rd)

Who wins?

seaapple
John Stewart. Besides being more serious, intelligent, and skilled, there is no way someone with that haircut takes it as the number 2 GL in your set-up.

btw, Kyle takes out Guy too.

(But what about Alan Scott?)

armandovalles
well I dont generally conisder Alan a GL because he doesnt have a ring, he has the power stored within his body.

And there is no way Kyle is more powerful than Guy.

MERCILOUS
And ther is no way John is more powerful than Guy.

norrin radd
humm i tough kyle was only second to hal.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by norrin radd
humm i tough kyle was only second to hal.

Be careful agreeing with everything you read on here big grin

eleveninches
I think guy could easily win it, but he's still going down to hal/alan/kyle

armandovalles
Kyle i thought was the weakest of all the green lantern's. Am i wrong?

jrodslam
I believe the weakest is Kilowog. Out of the main 6 that is. (Alan, Hal, Guy, John, Kyle, Kilowog)

Power ranking to me is.......

1. Alan
2. Hal
3. John/Guy
4. Kyle
5. Kilowog.

Because of Guys attuitude, sometimes that gets him in trouble. He's a cocky s.o.b. He's gone up against Superman in hand to hand combat, challenged the whole GL Corps. Even fought Parallax.

John is the more serious out of the crew without a doubt. If Guy fights smart and stays focus, hed be able to beat John with ease. But we know that probably wouldnt happen. Unless Guy had changed over the years, which i doubt.

John wins 6/10 imo.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by jrodslam
I believe the weakest is Kilowog. Out of the main 6 that is. (Alan, Hal, Guy, John, Kyle, Kilowog)

Power ranking to me is.......

1. Alan
2. Hal
3. John/Guy
4. Kyle
5. Kilowog.

Because of Guys attuitude, sometimes that gets him in trouble. He's a cocky s.o.b. He's gone up against Superman in hand to hand combat, challenged the whole GL Corps. Even fought Parallax.

John is the more serious out of the crew without a doubt. If Guy fights smart and stays focus, hed be able to beat John with ease. But we know that probably wouldnt happen. Unless Guy had changed over the years, which i doubt.

John wins 6/10 imo.

ebonyblade1
Okay, Alan is not a green Lantern. By definition, he is a magical being. He prefers green lantern because he was the first to use it, not because he was part of the GL corps. If you include him you have to include Jade. Really he is in a league all his own. It is unfair to compare. As far as power level goes, that is not a good indicator because despite popular belief all rings are equal (maybe with the exception of kyles). That's like asking three guys with m-16's who has the most powerful m-16. This fight has to be based on skill, discipline, intelligence, imagination, will, and confidence. And if this is the case.

1. Hal
His experience as parallax, spectre and GL and his superb confidence gives him the only real edge here, honestly he is no powerful than the others, but he is a winner and a natural leader.
2. John
He is the smartest out of the bunch with the exception of maybe kilowog. His experience with GL corps, as kyles mentor, and as founder/leader of the darkstars gives him an edge. He was still serving order when the GL had been destroyed by hal. Plus he dated a sexy alien with blue skin.
3. Kilowog
more experience, most intelligent.
4. Kyle
probably is the most powerful, but he is the least experience. On any given day he could beat the top 3 but they can beat him too.
5. Guy Gardner
Hey he is a hardcore fighter. But he truly is a warrior and not a soldier. A soldier is an advance warrior. One who thinks first and fights when he exhaust all posibility. And even when he fights he fight with a plan and a purpose. Thus he is more like a chess player where he plans his moves. A warrior only cares for battle. And by definition they are probably the greatest fighters on the battlefield. But everyone knows that all battles are won before the first bullet is shot. In short, I am inclined to call guy an idiot. But he is an inspiring fighter.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by ebonyblade1
Okay, Alan is not a green Lantern. By definition, he is a magical being. He prefers green lantern because he was the first to use it, not because he was part of the GL corps. If you include him you have to include Jade. Really he is in a league all his own. It is unfair to compare. As far as power level goes, that is not a good indicator because despite popular belief all rings are equal (maybe with the exception of kyles). That's like asking three guys with m-16's who has the most powerful m-16. This fight has to be based on skill, discipline, intelligence, imagination, will, and confidence. And if this is the case.

1. Hal
His experience as parallax, spectre and GL and his superb confidence gives him the only real edge here, honestly he is no powerful than the others, but he is a winner and a natural leader.
2. John
He is the smartest out of the bunch with the exception of maybe kilowog. His experience with GL corps, as kyles mentor, and as founder/leader of the darkstars gives him an edge. He was still serving order when the GL had been destroyed by hal. Plus he dated a sexy alien with blue skin.
3. Kilowog
more experience, most intelligent.
4. Kyle
probably is the most powerful, but he is the least experience. On any given day he could beat the top 3 but they can beat him too.
5. Guy Gardner
Hey he is a hardcore fighter. But he truly is a warrior and not a soldier. A soldier is an advance warrior. One who thinks first and fights when he exhaust all posibility. And even when he fights he fight with a plan and a purpose. Thus he is more like a chess player where he plans his moves. A warrior only cares for battle. And by definition they are probably the greatest fighters on the battlefield. But everyone knows that all battles are won before the first bullet is shot. In short, I am inclined to call guy an idiot. But he is an inspiring fighter. big grin

jrodslam
Well in GL terms the more willpower, confidence and imagination you have, the more powerfull you are or will become.

Guy 5th? Next to Hal he has the most willpower out of all the GL's. The guardians even know that. Its Guys attitude and hotheadedness that sucks.

You say that the fight has to be based on skill, discipline, intelligence, imagination, will, and confidence. That is true indeed.

Skill, id give John the slight edge 6/10 over Guy
Discpiline goes to John as well 7/10
Intelligence John 7/10
Imagination Guy 6/10 over John
Will Guy 8/10
Confidence Guy 9/10

Overall
Skill - Hal, John, Guy, Kyle, Kilowog
Discipline - Kilowog, John, Hal, Kyle, Guy
Intellegence - Hal, John, Kilowog, Kyle, Guy
Imagination - Kyle, Hal, Guy, John, Kilowog
Will - Hal, Guy, Kyle, John, Kilowog
Confidence - Guy, Hal, Kyle, Kilowog or John could go either way.

K3VIL
Guy with his Warrior powers is even a match for Superman, and he has achieve learning over war and combat tactics, plus higher fighting skills than those he had before, he's a great powerhouse actually, in every sector, even in hand to hand combat.
He's no more the dumb idiot that charged Doomsday in a straight line with his yellow power ring thinking one punch or one blast can knock down him

seaapple
I agree with jrodslam and ebonyblade1 for the most part (they differ in some details but offer similar points). In general all of the GL's are powerful. It comes down to temperament, skill, will, creativity, etc.. I think some of the assessments above are pretty good for characterizing those qualities.

Still, this is the reason why people are always going to disagree about this. It's not clear cut since it is subjective and could vary depending on the day and scenario. I stand by my assessment on these grounds though. IMO John > Guy.

MERCILOUS
BOOOOO! Guy can take John any day. John's a quiter, as soon as he feels some pain it's over.

Jason8200
Ebonyblade... your explanation was so off...

Allan's power is derived form magic but not because he was the ifirst one to use it... his ring was made from some asteroid that had the spirit of an older GL in it.

Kyle is definately the 2nd best GL.

Then Sinestro... then John... I dont even think Guy is in the top 5.

Look at what each one has accomplished.

Kyle Rayner does not need to power his ring every 24 hours... it carries a longer charge as well as an imunity to yellow. The only problem I would say Kyle has is that he never went through formal training.

John Stewart at one time had all the power of a Guardian. He could repower his ring on his own.

Guy is part Vuldarian so he can morph his body into his own weapons.

Hal is undeniably the best GL ever. He did things others could never do. But he and Kyle both had the entire power of the Central Battery. But Kyle used it for good while Hal used it for his own gain.

MERCILOUS
That's twisted dude, Guy beat Sinestro in a will power fight.

jrodslam
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
That's twisted dude, Guy beat Sinestro in a will power fight.

True.

Not even top 5? Power wise(willpower), he's the second strongest. Hes more creative than almost any other GL. I have no doubt that Guy would beat Kyle, but thats from lack of experience as well.

Klye and Sinestro may have had a bigger role in the GL story than Guy, but that doesnt mean that Kyle is 2nd best GL. He'd still get his a$$ handed to him by John, Guy, or Sinestro.

Guy would be more of a main GL if his attitude was different. He also used the ring in ways other GL's havent. Like ive stated in my above post, Guy has willpower, imagination, and the confidence over John.

If he fight smart, which is a big IF, he beats John. I still think John wins more out of ten fights though.

John 6/10.

MERCILOUS
You might be right about where you rank them on the different abilities, the only problem is that you're giving all the statistics equal weight. Guy wins, at least 7/10.

jrodslam
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
You might be right about where you rank them on the different abilities, the only problem is that you're giving all the statistics equal weight.

You think?

Discipline, and intellegence goes a long way. Thats Guys only downfall. His only goal was to be THE most powerful GL ever. He just didnt work hard at it, and was an a$$hole at times.

I cant wait for the GL Recharge series to start.

MERCILOUS
Yeah, I think. I mean, if John gets the upper hand, Guy will just stick it out, and he'll keep coming back for more, but If John is on the ropes, he's far more likely to quit.

jrodslam
laughing laughing

Ouch. I dont know what to say about that. I dont think John is that much of a Pu**y. But we all know Guy as more balls than any of the GL's.

MERCILOUS
Obviously he's not a pu**y, but in comparison to some of the other GL's he's not far from it.

darthgoober
smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.