Emperor Palpatine Question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stingray005
Everyone's going to think I'm a retard after posting this but here's my question anyway.
Is Senator Palpatine really the Emperor Palpatine, considering you see him talk to Anakin about the dark side of the force and all that other stuff??? I'm just confused cause they don't exactly look alike.

Imaginary
Senator Palpatine, Emperor Palpatine and Darth Sidious are all the same person.

stingray005
Ahhh finally, thanks Happy Dance Happy Dance

TheForceSupreme
yup

Jedi Merc
They are all played by Ian McDairmind in all of the films also.

stingray005
Just one more question than.
Why does he seem to look all old and creepy in the very beginning of episode 1 (when he was shown talking to the viceroy) and than when they show him in the council he looks completely different and normal?

manny321
what the hell they are????

Jedi Merc
Originally posted by stingray005
Just one more question than.
Why does he seem to look all old and creepy in the very beginning of episode 1 (when he was shown talking to the viceroy) and than when they show him in the council he looks completely different and normal?

Yeah, I don't understand how he changes from evil Sith to regular man whenever he wants to.

hazkid
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/hazkid/236.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/hazkid/237.jpg

ApolloX
He gets demented when Mace deflects lightning at him. He is normal all the way in the first two, just hooded. wink

Jedi Merc
yeah i heard about that, that should be a kickass scene

astrofan428
He isnt all messed up when he talks to the viceroy in E1, he just has his hood up which cast shadows over his face.

jainasolo55
word

stingray005
Ok I just saw episode 3 on thursday (sorry if I posted a bit late) and before the scene when the Emperor gets his face all screwed up, you see him talking to someone (not sure who cause it's been a couple of days) and you can vividly see the distorted bumps on his forehead. Did anyone else notice this?

jainasolo55
hmmmm

beavis46
an interview with the guy that played palps suggetsed that the burnt face was more like his real face as he's incredibly old,palpatine was just a disguise.
the lightning was meant to be the reason he looked different but its really easy to read more into it like burning away the mask,force lightning has never disfigured anyone else before has it?

Darth_fury
i think its just his real face because he is pure evil and when they are angry there eyes go yellow

examples

maul always has yellow eyes so he probably is angry most of the time and when anakins on mustafar his eyes go yellow too because he is angry

Padawan
Originally posted by Jedi Merc
They are all played by Ian McDairmind in all of the films also.

Close, but not 100% accurate. According to Databank, here's the details on Palps.

Early draft scripts of Star Wars identified the Emperor as Cos Dashit, who ruled from the Imperial throneworld of Alderaan. The Emperor first appeared on film in The Empire Strikes Back. He was played by an old woman wearing prosthetic makeup, with chimpanzee eyes superimposed in post-production into darkened eye sockets in order to create a truly unsettling image. Palpatine's voice was provided by Clive Revill for Empire. For Jedi and all subsequent films, Palpatine was played by actor Ian McDiarmid.

Here's a photo of the holograpic Palps from ROTJ smokin'

http://www.thejawa.com/customs/reference/e5/emperorholo/emperorholo2.JPG

PVS
Originally posted by Padawan

Here's a photo of the holograpic Palps from ROTJ smokin'

http://www.thejawa.com/customs/reference/e5/emperorholo/emperorholo2.JPG

acually, thats from ESB eek! stick out tongue Happy Dance

Moff jango
lol, in dark nest luke uses the dark side and afterwards he's like really uglie. and afterwards his face restores

Padawan
I didn't say the pic came from Databank. stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue I just meant the "article". I found the pic by just doing a google search for Palps images. stick out tongue stick out tongue

Originally posted by PVS
acually, thats from ESB eek! stick out tongue Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.