Did you see the Millennium Falcon?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

amity75
Just as Anakin and Obiwan are landing on Coruscant on their shuttle. It's landing at the bottom right hand side of the screen.

smoker4
My eyes werent quick enough and i was forwarned about it, midnight showings slow you down laughing out loud

queeq
laughing out loud

finti
yeah and morons waving toy light sabers after the movie started kind of distract you too

Echuu
laughing

Jedi Merc
who would have been flying it?

jon84
Ummm... Lando... duh?! laughing

The Ones
lando. he was the owner before han came and took it. or maybe someone before him

Jedi Merc
Originally posted by jon84
Ummm... Lando... duh?! laughing

forgot about him smile

Darth_Vader05
Yeah i saw it and i also saw Lucas at the opera!

New_Born_Pyro
I didn't see it. But next wednesday I'm going for the second time and maybe I'll see it this time.

Sith Master X
Yep, I saw Lucas at the opera, but I missed the Falcon.

zavin
lucas was laughing right? he was at the left part!

solsmitch
yeah i saw the falcon but didnt notice lucas

bilb
I missed the Falcon.. but will definitely be on the lookout when I see it again .. MANY times this weekend!!

ArthasKnight
I didn't see any sign of the Milennium Falcon anywhere. If I do see it when I see it again on friday I'll be disappointed because, IMHO, it doesn't belong anywhere near the prequels. I'll look for it though.

tpaquin
I very much missed the falcon, but lucas was there, talking to his fat daughter.

astrofan428
I have the seen the movie twice and I still havent seen it, and I am starting to get angry.

*turn to camera to reveal sith eyes*

I saw Lucas today though.

yerssot
that's not difficult astrofan, Lucas took up half the screen stick out tongue

Ewoksaredumb
Saw Lucas, Saw the Falcon...both dumb

Smodden
I Saw the falcon!!!eek!
I thought I was the only one who saw it...no expression

smoker4
Yeah i noticed the lucas's buying doughnuts

Sparks
I saw it, but it was so small in the picture, and could have been any YT-1300

SixOfTwelve
Originally posted by Sparks
I saw it, but it was so small in the picture, and could have been any YT-1300

Exactly. Anyway, there have been two YT-1300s in AOTC as well, so it's not like this is a biggie.

Lord S
Yes, I too saw the Falcon!

Jedi7115
I saw a ship of the same make as the falcon. there were more than one shp built with that design.

Lord S
The only other similar ship I know of is the ship Dash Rendar uses...I can't remember what it's called.

SixOfTwelve
You're thinking about the Outrider.
Same manufacturer, different model - it's a YT-2400
(look in the databank at the official site for more info - they won't let me post links until I have more posts under my belt)

Milosz006
As my friend just pointed out, we don't actually know it's the Millenium Falcon. It could just be any Correlian freighter. Plus Han Solo is like 3 at the time of the movie.

SixOfTwelve
Originally posted by Milosz006
Plus Han Solo is like 3 at the time of the movie.

And so is Lando, in reply to whoever suggested that somewhere back up in the thread.

Milosz006
My friend said it could be whoever had the Falcon before Lando. But to that I said "but is it really the Millenium Falcon then?". No.

robakin
i saw it, we don't know who had the falcon before Lando.

ickeris2003
I didnt see lucas or the falcon, but the good thing is that im going today again for the 2nd time and hopefully I will see them Usually the first time I pay attention to the characters then later again to the background things.

Dexx
well i saw neither

jon84
I didn't see either, i'm going to watch t again tommorow. I will be looking for those shots... stick out tongue

sundevilscott
Yea, I didn't see either but my 9 year old son saw the MF.

sneeky_ninja
i saw Gl and i saw the MF.

sith_darth_jay
have seen the movie 4 times and haven't seen the falcon yet lol
i did know where to look (making of book) but didn't see it

... is not so difficult to see lucas, he takes half screen (left side,just before ani enters palpy balcony at the opera)

Whisper
I saw it! And let's forget the rubbish of "Oh there's more than one ship like that!". Nonsense! There's only one Falcon! And I elbowed the guy next to me to point it out to him.

SW3HP4IJ4
Yeah, I caught it. It was pretty neat seeing it.

spencerspider
i thought i saw something that looked like it but i didntpay attention

vader519
I just got back from watching ROTS for a second time. I recoomend everyone see it a second time, it is better than the first time you see it, and you notice other little things, like the falcon. I just caught it by surprise.

Morning_Glory
I saw it eek!

George Lucas was in the film?

adamrubin
i saw it

Morning_Glory
so... Lucas was in the movie?

adamrubin
are you sure it was the falcon maybe it was a yt-3000

astrofan428
Yeah, he is the big red blob on the left of the screen as Anakin runs into the opera building.

adamrubin
no he was the blue one

Morning_Glory
how do you know it was Lucas .. I guess you read it was going to be him.. did it look like him

bilb
Yes it is most definitely Lucas, not only did we see th epromo shots but you can see his face pretty well.
And YEAY!! I did see the Falcon in it today!

Morning_Glory
so was he the red guy or the blue guy?

adamrubin
blue

Morning_Glory
happy when I go again I'll pay attention for ol Lucas

astrofan428
Blue guy in a red suit.

bilb
He is a blue guy in a red suit and red hat, as Anakin is entering Palps theatre booth, look at the bottom left of the screen, Thats where he is

SW3HP4IJ4
I forgot that Lucas was in it-I noticed the Falcon, but not him. His daughters were in it too.

Lazerlike42
where?

Morning_Glory
where are his daughters at?

bilb
One is with him at the opera, she is also in the party that greets Palps after he is rescued by the Jedi (she is blue faced as well). His son Jett is teh Padawan that comes out fighting the clones as Bail is leaving the temple..

Darth Jello
wait, I saw the Falcon on Naboo right before Padme's funeral!!! I didn't see it during the crash landing tho

BenKenoobie
It is the original Falcon. According to 'The Making of Revenge of the Sith' the Falcon is brand new with blue linings and no blaster marks or wear and tear. Look for it in the film, but there are better pictures in the book.

bilb
Originally posted by Darth Jello
wait, I saw the Falcon on Naboo right before Padme's funeral!!! I didn't see it during the crash landing tho

Its not AT the crash, its right after. When th eshuttle carrying Palps, Ani & Obi pulls into th eSenate hangar bay, the falcon is also landing there, a few levels down, Its on the bottom right of the screen.

SithKiller
who cares if not for Solo then the falcon would be shit...pay ford to star in a tv series! yeah!

jon84
I saw the film again today... seen the falcon, George & he's daugter.

I must say the first viewing was awesome, the second time around wasn't as good as the first, there were a lot of distractions... like people talking and dust and debris on the film, anyway, i'm going to watch it again in a couple of weeks. The digital version of ROTS is the best way to view thw film, you get the sharpest picture. When i watched it today on film, the picture was washed out and blurry... mad

oobjvb
Am I just imagining things, or weren't there several ships similar to the Falcon in AOTC originally? It seems like when Anakin and Padme were landing somewhere on their way to Naboo, there were two or three ships that looked like the Falcon, yet these are nowhere to be seen on the DVD. Did I make this up?

Also, in ROTS, is the Falcon seen during the crash landing near the beginning of the film?

THANKS!

Asajj's Finger
I saw the Flacon. Was it supposed to be one-of-a-kind? Maybe it was not the Falcon at all but another ship of the same make & model.

SixOfTwelve
Originally posted by oobjvb
Am I just imagining things, or weren't there several ships similar to the Falcon in AOTC originally? It seems like when Anakin and Padme were landing somewhere on their way to Naboo, there were two or three ships that looked like the Falcon, yet these are nowhere to be seen on the DVD. Did I make this up?

They are on the DVD. When they land on Naboo (chapter 15 on my German DVD version, should be the same chapter on American ones), the camera pans over the spaceport, and at the very end of the shot, you see two and a half YT-1300s at the very left of the picture.

Also, in ROTS, is the Falcon seen during the crash landing near the beginning of the film?

After the crash landing, when they are being shuttled into the spaceport, just before they are greeted by all the senators. A YT-1300 enters the frame at the bottom middle and flies left into a hangar bay.

Sadako of Girth
Im glad someone bought up the YT-1300s in AOTC....
Yes...There is only one Falcon...
....But many YT-1300s it would seem....

The Falcon was supposed to have been unique because of the Modifications that Han had done to it.....

On the note of the 'Making of' book and its bit about it being the Falcon we see in ROTS... Well, not only did the make it cleaner/less beaten up, but had a different cockpit window design and shit loads of blue paint on it.... So was it REALLY the falcon....? Plenty of others out there...
But then again, were the differences down to the modifications that Han did...?

jables31
alright folks ...here's yer pics of the ROTS falcon. your'e killing me.

GABRIEL05
That screen shot doesn't really do it for me

b-dan
yes i did and i think i was the only person who saw it everyone thought i was crazy but ppl did see it

yodafan
I saw the falcon.

Aldaron
As I have it, there were a lot of YT-1300's back then but when we get to A New Hope, they're extremely rare.

astrofan428
Is this it, bottom center?

yodafan
Yeah thats what I saw.

sk8stuff09
i saw the movie tonight again for the second time and i didnt see a millenium falcon, of george lucas....i looked though

astrofan428
The first post in this thread has a link where you can see all Lucas cameo and others.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t343840.html

Captain REX
Originally posted by Ewoksaredumb
Saw Lucas, Saw the Falcon...both dumb

Aww, what a cheerful person you are! How cute, little Ewok-hater...

I saw them the first time around, but I'm not nerdy enough to point it out to my friends. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.