Palpatine's Strange Voice...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

palpy_666
What is up with Palpatine's voice transforming after his little lightning accident? I'm not talking about his standard Emperor voice-- I'm talking about that real deep and echoing evil voice he has for a small moment of time...

I do have to say... He was VERY creepy in this movie!

SixOfTwelve
Yeah, I found that to be a bit off-putting.
Seems like he was repairing his voice chords or something - assuming the reflected force lightning really crippled him, and didn't just melt his "friendly old man" disguise away. After seening it last night with 14 people, opinions were divided as to which of the two happened. I'm leaning towards the former.

Echuu
I think it cuz of the lightning.

palpy_666
Originally posted by SixOfTwelve
Yeah, I found that to be a bit off-putting.
Seems like he was repairing his voice chords or something - assuming the reflected force lightning really crippled him, and didn't just melt his "friendly old man" disguise away. After seening it last night with 14 people, opinions were divided as to which of the two happened. I'm leaning towards the former.

Melting away his vocal chords sounds reasonable-- but-- I don't think that this would cause one to sound like he did. Besides, he actually had the "nice old man" voice even after his appearance changed... when he was pleading with Mace to spare his life. I believe that because his voice sounded still normal during this part that he is conciously changing his tone. I dunno though.

amity75
Did he reveal his true form or was it the actual effects of the lightning that altered his appearance? I never quite got that.

DeadStar
he seemed as if he should have been in the exorcist and i loved his voice

zavin
the lightninng desfigurated him, i guess

Jedi Merc
that explains a lot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.