Favorite Trilogy or Saga

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AliasNeo15
I have noticed that there are a lot of trilogies that have come out this millenium. Which one is the best?

silver_tears
i think that matrix and lotr are tied at first yes

LindsIsTightK
Well my vote goes for The Matrix trilogy but most people would say that Star Wars is the best.

AliasNeo15
I think that the Matrix 1 alone makes the trilogy what it is, even though i think after Revolutions, Matrix 1 wont even have a meaning anymoresad

ahaetrkarykl
Right now im going crazy for lotr and the matrix trilogies but i think its just because they are happening right now. I say in the end start wars is better than both of them.

billyboyd4ever
lotr all the way!!! terminator??? no way!!

BackFire349
I think in the end LOTR and Star Wars will be remembered over all the others.

The Matrix phase will pass shortly after the next movie is released. They are just too preachy.

ahaetrkarykl
ya i agree that lotr will be remembered more than the matrix. but i still say star wars will be remembered over all of them

movie_freak
The best is has to be LOTR Trilogy

ChinaNiki
star wars, baby, yeah

Korri
The Matrix!!

ragesRemorse
Indiana jones WINS. Every knows and loves Indiana jones.

Godfather is my favorite but not the best

The newer star wars movies just tarnished the masterpiece it was.

LOTR will deffaintly live on as one of the best. It is deffaintly not as great people praise it to. People talk about matrix having to much special effects, lord of the rings is no different, it just has a better script and an easier plot line to follow

Matrix is the best trilody since the original star wars or indian jones in my opinion. It was originality and creativity in a world of dry repeptitive crap. The second movie diddnt go the safe route most sequals take. It branched off in a tottaly different direction than the first one insinuated. It broaden everything from the first and delved deepr in story. This is everything expected from a sequal. Depending on how good the third is, matrix will live on and be rememberd as one of the greats for years to come, and inspire a handfull of spin off movies

alic88
TERMINATOR ALL THE WAY. just the first 2 movies make it the best

shadow link
its obvious matrix and lord of rings tie for first, u cant really compare them, they r both brilliant in different ways ( making asumptions about revolutions and ROTK)

but starwars, i mean come on, the first three made maybe, but the new ones stuff the old ones up, theve just gone 2 far. in my opinoin, although many people disagree episode 1 was the best of them all. then attack of the clones came along and ruined it for me .

and Back 2 the future should get an honorouble mention

Kes
I love Star wars. But I wasnt born when Star wars came out so I didnt live tru the whole..."I cant wait for the next 1 to came out!" Like with The Matrix. Obviously LOTR is great but I just cant wait for Revolutions.
Love Indy but again didnt live tru the "cant wait for the next to came out".

AliasNeo15
The Matrix, The Matrix, The Matrixsmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmile

lukeyduckey
Mine ios LOTR.....may i ask who voted for the Adam Sandler films??

SaTsuJiN
I think these other entries dont have anything on the original star wars trilogy. (Im not counting the new stupid ones)

I agree that matrix is cool but not lasting, and I think lord of the rings is another great trilogy

but im sticking with star wars (episodes 4 , 5 and 6).

X-Buoy
Lord of the Rings, Matrix, Terminator, U lot like these but do u like X-men? big grin big grin big grin ninja ninja

nemo
LORD OF THE RINGS ALL THE WAY!!

Korri
THE MATRIX ALL THE WAY!!

AliasNeo15
yay!!!!!!!big grin

khalla
Matrix and LOTR definately but my vote does have to go to The Matrix

AliasNeo15
yay again, and none of the trilogies are even over yet, except for stupid Terminator

grymlock
i will say star wars (4,5 and 6) and LOTR, it's classic... but the matrix also goods (awesome to be correct) but still it's not gonna be the same rank as star wars and LOTR...

cheers mate!!

chica16
who the hell voted for adam sandler movies

fini
lol chica16..........hmmm i dont think that star wars should be in that list, cause its from another millenium.
lol if u had asked the best ever in alll time trilogy , i would have had star wars...........hmmm the godfather trilogy kinda died down to the end....same for Indiana jones.......but Indy is coooooool anyway

but this millenium is LOTR allllllllllllllllllllll the freaking way

AliasNeo15
hmm, okthumb up

roberto

AliasNeo15
well, at the beginning, i wanted it to be trilogys of the millenium, like Terminator turned into a TRIlogy with the THIRD movie. The godfather has not gotten a movie in this millenium. I think they should thoughthumb up

~fuoco~
The Godfather, LOTR, and of course, Indiana Jones!!!

AliasNeo15
all time, id hav to say LBT

roberto
roumors abound of a forth godfather movie, a prequel francis ford coppala is involded......

AliasNeo15
well, then that might be another one to add on

BOPRecruit 16
what nemo said!

Neo_Version 7
Where the hell is the Godfather in your choices? Well, I'll say Star Wars will be most remembered coz, I mean, its been here for over 20 goddamn years. And Matrix hasn't been here for even a decade. LOTR tho is really good.

firefly
How can the Sandler movies even be considered? All of them are entirely different films. None of the characters carry over. Unless it's just supposed to be a joke.

Matrix all the way!

ahaetrkarykl
i say star wars is better than all of them. i's put lotr and the matrix close behind but star wars is just cooler. indiana jones and the godfather are also awesome

o kiMMii o
ill say Terminator just dont add part 3 lol and LOTR movies.....

Hypernova
The BEST Movie Trilogy is tied - LOTR and the Matrix

But, I voted for The Matrix Trilogy big grin

thorncrawler
i voted for the matrix cos altho i cant take away from the star wars technically they arn't really a trilogy, their being 5 so far. LOTR was a good film i'll give it that but just not my stylee. terminator died as soon as 3 came out, what possesed them to do it??????? and sandler why the f*ck did you put that in anyway???

firefly
I still consider Star Wars a trilogy, or two trilogies rather--the classic trilogy, 4, 5 & 6, and the prequel trilogy, 1, 2 & 3. And my vote would be for Star Wars simply because of it's pioneer status. Second would go to the Godfather for the same reason. Think of how many movies and t.v. shows we wouldn't have without these two trilogies.

happy kine
humm... first is star wars (4,5,6) as a young lad these movies truly moved me. indyana jones would be next (i do hope they keep it a trilogy by not adding a fourth movie).

lotr and matrix i'm undecided which is better... the lotr movies really didn't do it fo me... but i've read the book like 5 times and absolutly love them, but the matrix was a better movie... so this being which MOVIE is better i'd say matrix over lotr. but that is only because i read the lotr books and very few movies campare to the book.

terminator and the godfather don't show up on my lists. i think the godfather is overrated and the terminator should have stoped at 2

Lord Soth
You realize that a millennium is 1000 years, not 20, right?

Lord Soth
IMHO, it's a 3-way tie between LotR, Matrix, and X-Men. Out of the three, though, LotR will be regarded best, and it will last longer. Matrix will fade away, no matter how slowly, and comic book movies never get much attention

JediHDM
um, AgentNEO, this isn't an accurate portrayal, considering movies have only been around for ~80 years...and everything but SW was created intirely in the 80's and 90's and new "millenium", so...rephrased, "what is the best Movie Trilogy of all time?" Then i would have to say...Matrix.

ragesRemorse
star wars was created in the 70's. Episode 4 was released in 1977 but yeah matrix is the greatest trilogy without a doubt. it broke the rules. and expanded new limits in the world of movies, It changed the whole action style genre. it also came along when the movie industry was going through a drought of repetive action flicks,. Movies look up to the matrix, and even copy its style. However i believe LOTR and matrix will live on as equally best

ragesRemorse
actually this whole thread is bogus because the greatest trilogy of all time goes to INDIANA JONES indiana is the man every man wants to be . He;s better than bond because he has no gadgets, just wits, instinct, and knowledge. WEll of course not to mention his WHIP and hat. He fights for what is pure, and kicks some nazi ass. what more can you ask for. INDIANA is the MAN ....well aside from batman of course

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing

fini
uh lord soth.................so do realise we're another millenium.......u know the 2000+ millenium.........not the 1000+ millenium.......now this is where english is a *****.......the poster could have said.....best in within the last 1000 years( which would have covered from 1003-2003) or aa was said for THE millenium which is 2000 onwards.

i dunno which one was meant

yeah and i think the adam sandler thing is intended as a joke

nazgulinthedark
lord of the rings defintately - but back to the future should have a vote too.

chico23
I chose The Matrix although it wasn't easy. it is probably the one I'm most looking forward to seeing with the Lord of the Rings trilogy coming in a close second.

lukeyduckey

belldandy
come on!! every one knows that star wars is a clasic!! so is the best, it mark most of the ppls life!! i vote for it...
but from the latest, LoR is a good adaptation, so is the new "mark" for most of us...

belldandy
is the star wars of the new times!

AliasNeo15
ya, im talking about the millenium that we're in, which is 2000+. thanx for being the one person that understands, fini.thumb up

must_kill_Santa
its between LOTR and the Matrix

fini
lol at least i understand english..........hmmm kind hard to believe since people in my faculty fail english allllllllll the time..........

HEY make another thread.......THE best Trilogy of ALL TIME

AliasNeo15
k, i dont think there has been enough trilogys this millenium to actually post. ya, i put Sandler movies cus i put to many options and i knew i could change it, but i wanted to see wut people would say "are u f***in kiddin me?"laughing out loud

Kes
Problem is LOTR is the only trilogy from 2000. At least that I know.
The 1st Matrix is from 99 (or something like that).
Same for Terminator

royal_jester
You can say that Star Wars has had two trilogies

But I voted for LOTR and Matrix comes in 2nd placebig grin

ThEmoViE_gOD111
umm what about planet of the apes???? thoses movies are great

Lord Soth
Now that I think about it, this is an inappropriate title for a thread. Best trilogy of the millennium could be misinterpreted in many ways. for one thing, it could mean in the last 1000 years, or it could mean THIS millennium (2001+, as Fini pointed out so nicely big grin). And movies themselves have only been around for about 70+ years, much less trilogies. There aren't that many really GOOD trilogies to choose from.

...........yeah

AliasNeo15
ok ok, heres a big sign for the moderator-

SHUT THIS FORUM DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AliasNeo15
Due to escalating protests from members, i hav abandoned the "BEST TRILOGIES OF THE MILLENIUM". New question-

What is the best trilogy of ALL TIME?

Evil Dead
Why is Star Trek on that list? Trilogy means 3 movies............there were 7 movies with the original cast and 4 movies with the Next Generation cast.....that is a total of 10 movies.

I'm going with Indiana Jones............it edged out Star Wars only because Jedi ruined the trilogy (which can no longer be considered a trilogy as 5 movies have been released)

AliasNeo15
ahh wutever, lets make the friggin question "What is the best bunch of movies surrounding the same story line?

Kes
Dont you mean this thread?!

Kes
closing--closed

namarie
eek! lord of the rings eek!

is the best movie of all times rolling on floor laughing

namarie
eek! lord of the rings eek!

is the best movie of all times rolling on floor laughing

rock

burlyman
where is THE MATRIX???!!!

LOTR after that!!!!!!!!!!

Superman5452
Back to the Future

diegocala
Planet of the Apes

h0ck3yh0rr0r
that list sux. except for godfather. good trilogy. I was going to say Hannibal Lecter Trilogy but there is Manhunter, Red Dragon, Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal.

SOon there will be The Lecter Variation which is before Red Dragon.

Yeah where da F is Matrix....??????

that is the best

julibug
1. Back to the Future
2. Lord of the Rings
3. The Matrix

JediHDM
Two problems, again, aliasneo...
WHERE IS THE MATRIX?!?!?!?!?
technically, there are TWO STAR WARS trilogies...

ahaetrkarykl
ok i will agree that the matrix belong on that list but the list does kick ass. i say:

1.star wars
2.Godfather & LOTR (i cant decide)
3.matrix

indiana jones and back to the future are also awesome. i know im forgetting something......

slinger
The Matrix rock

GambitsRogue
I love indiana jones so I chose that

Sheepz
Ahem, where is Back to the future? Oh well, on that list Lotr

JediOasis
LOTR? Are you guys kidding? All the movies haven't been released yet, and the first two left much to be desired, FOTR is the only movie where I actually fell asleep in the theater. Star Wars hands down is #1. It totally changed the way movies were made and the overall story is far superior. Godfather would be 2nd, then Indiana Jones a close 3rd.

nemo
LORD OF THE RINGS ALL THE WAY!! WOO HOO

nemo
really? can you tell me why u think it's bad? what is left to be desired? because i honestly can't understand how ppl can say that it's bad. really i just find the two movies so good i cannot understand how ppl can find it bad, u know, do u understand what i'm trying to say?
i mean it's not perfect, there are certainly someparts that could still be improved, but it's still one of the best movies ever made, certainly the best triology, to me anyway.
anyway i just want to know why you find it so bad that you actually "fall asleep".

Evil Dead
too many fan boys in here.............their voting is based purely on what their personal favorite is right now, not which is the best.

Will Lord of the Rings or the Matrix still have a huge cult following 15-20 or even 25 years from now? I don't think so. Star Wars and Indiana Jones have both accomplished this. Back to the Future still stands strong after 18 years.......even though both sequels left much to be desired.

ragesRemorse
yeah star wars is without a doubt the best best trilogy. No Movie or movies have spawned a greater fanbase and following. The fans span the entire world, except maybe for some third world countries. Star wars not only did so much for fans, but also the movie industry.

I;m sure LOTR will live on to be one of the best trilogies. The attention and loyalty it has summoned within it's short existence is astounding. However some of this popularity was aided in the 60 year release of the novels, so this in my opinion makes the LOTR trilogy void of ever being considered for the ranks of best trilogy, regaurdless of how great the movies are. It may very well one day have a following as broad as the star wars movies. This is because it appeals to so many people.

My favorite thuogh is Indiana jones. These movies i would say make the arguably best trilogy. They lack the fanbase and loyalty of star wars so they obviously will never win.

I believe that that most memorable trilogies in 30 years will live on to be Star Wars, LOTR, and the matrix. Lottr and the matrix are pretty much neck and neck when it comes to popularity. I think both movies are very well made. However the LOTR lacks one thing the matrix doesnt. This is, a new innovative way in movie making. The matrix has inspired a new way to make action, sci/fi movies. It was the first movie that took on a risk in shooting two movies at ounce for a double release in the same year. If the matrix is not rememberd for the greatness that it is, it will be remembered for it's achievments. Besides LOTR and the matrix have pretty much the same amount of anticipation, and fanbse at the momment. the fact they are being released so closely to each other will gaurentee both of there memories to live on together. There has not been a bigger event in movie history than the years of the matrix and LOTR.

JediOasis
Personally, I just thought they were boring. No offense to anyone who enjoys these movies, but I think they are overrated. I'm sure some people dislike SW and thats fine, movies are what you get out of them, not what other people think. I want to be entertained by a great story and I believe George Lucas is the greatest storyteller of our generation, if not all time. As for the "fanboy" comment by 'Evil dead', I'm not sure if thats supposed to be a negative attack. I enjoy SW but I don't worship the ground of the people invovled with it, I just think they are some of the greatest movies ever made.

PS-While talking about trilogies I can't believe nobody has brought up one of the greats, the New Jeresy Trilogy(Clerks, Mallrats, and Chasing Amy) by Kevin Smith.

ragesRemorse
do you really believe the jersey trilogy is BEST trilogy material? I myself am a kevin smith fan and have been from the beggining, but there is just no way it can be considered best trilogy. Maybe best trilogy in the comedy genre. If that is the case it takes the cake

Kes
What about Die hard?

ragesRemorse
yeah die hard deffaintly kicks major action trilogy ass

kerplunkymunky
I LOVE Indiana Jones to death, and I'm a HUGE fan of Star Wars, but LOTR is, in fact, the all-time best trilogy. Ever. Period. stick out tongue

Mafia Girl
I personally think the godfather is the best trilogy...but i havent seen to second LOTR....which i heard was better than the first....i may change my mind after i seen it though

ilvorlandobloom
woohoo, LOTR is winning!

fini
hmmm i'm a LOTR fanatic but honestly it doesn't belong in that list YET!!.
ROtk isn't out yet so wait a few months and then post again...........same goes for matrix.

But of allllll time Star wars and the godfather rule......Two completely different genres but both really good.

And pls dont say Sw isn't a trilogy..........when people talk bout Star wars u KNOW they are talking bout episodes 4, 5,6...........i dont even consider 123.

wicker_man
What about the Romero zombie trilogy ? I'd certainley rank that amongst one of the best trilogies ever and not just in a horror aspect,which seems to be lacking from the poll,although speaking of the poll its still to close to call as im a big fan of both The Star Wars Trilogy and The Indiana Jones Trilogy both are masterpieces in there respective genres. Terminator is also another excellent franchise but not in a trilogy sense but rather a 'sequel' sense - the third one was uncalled for and quite frankly 'mucked' up a perfectly good basis as began by Terminator 1 and carried through in Terminator 2:Judgement Day.

Top Gun
1. Indiana Jones
2.Back To The Future
3. Star Wars
4. The Matrix
5. LOTR

vvvrulz
Indiana Jones and Star Wars, cos they didnt stray from the original and were all equally good (which is rare with trilogies). Matrix two was crap, hence thats not on my list. LOTR is definately up there. Terminator was let down by T3. Yeah id go with Indy and Star Wars (OT)

slinger
What's the best trilogy? For me, it's the Matrix.

xeous
Honey, I shrunk the kids. No doubt.

slinger
laughing

sandman
heh hello this IS a matrix forum stick out tongue

xeous
Yeah, This is starting to look like a government poll.

slinger
Yeah, it is a matrix forum and the matrix is included in the poll. shifty

xeous
He's implying, "What do you think most people will pick?"

If you would put this thread in a SW or LOTR fourm, what do you think will win?

sandman
yeah that's what i was saying .. if you want an unbiases opinion move the poll to a general movie forum

Lag
Besides the Matrix isn't a trilogy. In my DVD rack I have (in order) The Matrix, Animatrix, Enter the Matrix, and Reloaded. That already looks like more than 3 to me.

royal_jester
LOTR!!!!!!!!big grin

Lady Ellie
Yep, LOTR!!!! rock rock

enya
lotrs iz da best triglogy there iz and ever be. i havent even seen or read the third one but i know it will be brill

ragesRemorse
indiana jones

slinger
xeous and sandman> Thanks for explaining that to me.

SilverFighter
Another Matrix vs LOTR Poll? Some fans are just so insecure.

silver_tears
I love both equally wink

movie_freak
Matrix rock

slinger
Silverfighter>Hey, man I'm not insecure. no

Discos
Can't believe you missed out the famous Back To The Future Trilogy, tut tut eek!

Darth Vicious
Marix:Revolutions ruined the trilogy for me so im goin with LOTR which i think has the best storyline, some of the best effects ever and the battles are awsome!

LindsIsTightK
Revolutions brought down the triology for me a lot, but I would still have to say that it's my fav out of all the choices.

vvvrulz
What the? Am i the lone terminator voter. Come on T fans, lets hear it !

BOPRecruit 16
lotr all the way!

Dario Argento
Why can't I vote for the Trilogy of the Dead?

BackFire
Romero's Zombie trilogy is my favorite.

sith_darth_jay
slinger> i vote for SW OT, i'm aSW fan after all, but the best story is of couse matrix (M1 is the best movie ever for me), but the best book is, and always be LOTR, the movies are great, but it's just and adaptation (best and only one so far)

SilverFighter
>slinger.

Are you sure? shifty.......just kidding big grin

botankus
These choices suck. Where is Evil Dead or at least Naked Gun??

namarie
LOTR rock : the best movie of all time yes

wicker_man
Wheres The Indiana Jones Trilogy & the Romero Zombie Trilogy, along with Star Wars (OT) and Lord of The Rings, The Jones & Romero trilogies are my all time fav's.

Maelstrom
i just have a passion for fantasy. Lotr.

cgtuna21
Lord of the Rings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Of course, it's the best.

manny321
laughing laughing Lord of the rings is the most profitable triology of all time, the movies were cheap to make, 100 mil a piece , so lotr is the very best. I also love lotr. yeah laughing laughing

forumcrew
i cant vote for LOTR because its just one long ass movie.. a good trilogy for me should be 3 distinct movies.. matrix really doesnt even cut it.. so i went with the old bad ass trilogy die hard

LeAtHerRFace
1.LOTR
2.American Pie
3.Terminator
4.Indiana Jones....
Matrix was kick@$$ up until the 2nd and 3rd movie.

ragesRemorse
Indiana jones
Matrix
Lord of the Rings
Evil dead

Cinemaddiction
1) LOTR
2) Star Wars (Original Trilogy)
3) The Terminator
4) Hannibal Lector Trilogy (Technically)

Evy_O
1. LotR
2. X-Men (when 3 is released)
3. Hannibal Lecter big grin
4. Scream (as comedies... hella funny laughing out loud )
5. Indiana Jones
and... I can't remember any more blink

shadow link
i agree excpe that matrix wasnt a trilogy up until the third and second movies anyway

Yomammy
Hrmm, got a couple of favoritesmessedtar Wars Trilogy
Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Matrix Trilogy
The Godfather Trilogy

Myth
Terminator
Matrix
Godfather

Punker69
easy The Lord of the Rings trilogy

mook
original star wars
Matrix
Indiana Jones

not LOTR cos havent seen the third one yet
not terminator cos the third one was a disgrace

finti
Star Wars (OT)
Lord Of the Rings
Indiana Jones

botankus
Evil Dead

Fire
1.LOTR
2.SW (OT)
3.IJ
4.Lecter

<<Solo>>
1.Matrix
2.LOTR
3.Indiana Jones
4.Evil Dead
5.SW (First 3)

Curl_Up&Dye
Star Wars
The Matrix
Austin Powers
American Pie

ryan P fan
not sure

Lord_Andres
1.LOTR
2.Star Wars
3.Indiana Jones

WindDancer
Star Wars
LOTR
The GodFather
Indiana Jones
Once Upon a time in China (I, II, and III)
Back to the Future
Krzytsztof Kieslowski's Three color trilogy: Blue, White, and Red

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>