Batman vs. Prodigy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blair Wind
Prodigy from the New Mutants vs Batman

who wins?

Scoobless
Prodigy......... the guy from "Slingers"?

Blair Wind
david something from New Mutants.....he has limited telepathic abilities in that he copies all the knowledge and skills someone has.....so it would be like Batman vs himself......

Scoobless
so he ripped off Prodigy's name?

the Golden Prodigy should make an appearance and kick his a$$ for that

http://www.samruby.com/Heroes/Slingers/ProdigyFly.gifhttp://www.samruby.com/Heroes/Slingers/Prodigy.gif

although.... as i just remembered...... Prodigy (golden) stole the whole costume/name thing from one of Spider-Man's "Identity Crisis" cast offs

Spidey should sue both of them

stick out tongue

Blair Wind
David Alleyne (Prodigy) is a 17 year old with a limited form of telepathy that allows him to temporarily know anything (knowledge or skill) that anyone nearby knows. If he's in the room with an Olympic skier, he knows how to ski at the same level as the skier.

whirlysplat
Lmao cool smileOriginally posted by Blair Wind
David Alleyne (Prodigy) is a 17 year old with a limited form of telepathy that allows him to temporarily know anything (knowledge or skill) that anyone nearby knows. If he's in the room with an Olympic skier, he knows how to ski at the same level as the skier.

Scoobless
Originally posted by whirlysplat
Lmao cool smile

more like a second rate Taskmaster

whirlysplat
Do you remeber the prodigy from Guardians of the Galaxy

whirlysplat
My favourite prodigy was Keith Flint He's the Firestarter, twisted firestarter smile

Scoobless
*groan*

radioboy121
Prodigy sounds not too much different than say the original Mimic, Synch, Mr. X, Taskmaster, etc. Batman with his experience and of course his utility belt that canot be replicated should make him the winner.

Blair Wind
thing is that Prodigy gains the knowledge and skill......and if batman was thinking, calculating like always, then Prodigy would be thinking the same things (sorta of) he'd know what batman knows, and would act in the same way fighting wise.......so he'd be able to counter act the gagets because he knows whats coming

MrHeavySilence
I wonder how fast Prodigy could process how to dodge everything when Batman is thinking of ways to beat himself. LOL..

bitca730
I think we should take into consideration the fighters body types....Batman is an adult man in his 30s (I'm gueesing) and Prodigy is a 17 y/o teen...as an X-Man in training Im sure the kid was extremely fit for his age, but Batman (i'm assuming) would have more muscle behind his punches and kicks and a higher degree of pain toleration...all Prodigy gets is his knowledge and skills, not Batmans physical properties...Bats for the win...anyone disagree?

Blair Wind
Prodigy can also tell where attacks are coming from (as can be shown by dodging Hellion's TK and Surge' s electricity by knowing where it was going, so an attack by Batman would be known to him

Metalmanx
I'd have to give this to Prodigy. He pretty much humiliated Wolverine in a sparring match, and he had Wolverine wear one of Magneto's helmets so he could not read his moves/skill for the match. Logan even asked David how he managed to counter Logan's superior strength and speed. It was the pure skill that took Logan down.

With David able to know how Batman works and all of his skills, I'd give this to Prodigy.

DarkCrawler
Yeah, he did that after he had absorbed the fighting skills of all the other X-Men, though, and it was the whole telepathic simulation thing where he was able to retain them. So it really doesn't apply here.

I give this to Batman myself. Bigger, stronger, faster, more durable. Prodigy has his skills and knowledge, Batman has skills, knowledge and so much better physique that it is crazy.

Plus he's the goddamn Batman. He HAS to have like five million prep plans to beat himself. stick out tongue

http://www.passfailstudios.com/comics/50.jpg

xmarksthespot
He did manage to floor Wolverine for real in a training match though. But Wolverine says he was holding back - which he probably was.

DarkCrawler
99.99999% sure he was. yes

Blair Wind
Better body build will do what, when Prodigy can dodge all his attacks? I mean sorry but dodging electricity because you know where it is going to be >>>>batman speed wise erm

DarkCrawler
He will still tire WAY faster then Batman will. Knowledge is one thing, but the willpower Batman possess? He isn't copying it. Eventually Prodigy will go down. And it's not like Batman isn't going to dodge and block his shots...after couple of attacks he gets that he is using HIS fighting style.

Loot
Originally posted by DarkCrawler

Plus he's the goddamn Batman. He HAS to have like five million prep plans to beat himself. stick out tongue

i was thinking the same thing

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Loot
i was thinking the same thing That would technically work against him, considering Prodigy would then know all those plans.

Blair Wind
Exactly erm

I can see Prodigy winning this with the knowledge advantage. He knows all of his moves, what he is going to do, how he is going to do it, and can plan accordingly erm

Draco69
Prodigy simply doesn't possess the body.

Say a ten-year old boy has the same ability to as Prodigy...and he copies Captain America's moves. He still gets his ass kicked.

And Batman's been around telepaths. AND he's already battled against Prometheus so...

LORDSIDIOUS01
Nothing can stop a man who finds weaknesses in everyone.

guy222
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Nothing can stop a man who finds weaknesses in everyone.

co signed

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Exactly erm

I can see Prodigy winning this with the knowledge advantage. He knows all of his moves, what he is going to do, how he is going to do it, and can plan accordingly erm

But the thing is, so does Batman. Prodigy simply possesses the KNOWLEDGE of Batman. He doesn't have anything extra on him. Batman has the knowledge AND far superior experience and body.

Prodigy isn't going to outdo Batman using his own knowledge. It's a fight, and he is going to tire far, far faster then Batman will. He still has the body of a 16 year old, and he isn't able to perform every move of Batman with that body. Batman is pretty much peak human. Prodigy isn't. Every kick, punch, throw etc. he will do, will be only about one sixth of what Batman will do.

And two or three hits and Batman will recognize the pattern and that he is using his own punches and kicks against him. And after that, every. single. hit Prodigy is going to make will be either dodged or blocked.

Blair Wind
I dont really want to get into a full fledged debate about it, but if Batman decided to do that, then Prodigy would know and then make Batman go on offense by going himself on defense erm

Also he would be able to use the environment to his advantage (like Batman would). And if Batman decided to use the environment, Prodigy would know, and be able to react accordingly (such as he did by dodging lightning).

The Fake Macoy
There is no way that Prodigy, a 16 year old, is going to take down Batman. Batman's large advantage in physical stats will wipe out Prodigy. Also, is this only H2H?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.