the best jedi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theGTR
ok ppl. who is the best jedi ever. start posting

Texansfan05
Obi-Wan Kenobi

Darth_Vader05
Anakin Skywalker is no doubt the best Jedi ever and Darth Vader is the best Sith ever end of story....

Red Superfly
Anakin. Finish.

DarkYoda
Yoda hands down. I firmly believe he could have beat the Emperor in Episode III. I think he realizes he was acting too aggressively and letting his emotions get the better of him. He realized it was too risky and that the fight could go either way... the wise thing? Don't fight the emperor on his terms. Yoda was also the only one that senses the Clone Troopers turning on the Jedi. Even Obi-Wan was caught off guard. He just managed to survive. Anakin could have become the best Jedi ever, but he turned dark before he reached his prime. And he lacked the experience needed. Yoda was 900 years old. That's alot of experience.

theGTR
if qui gon was there do you think anakin would've turned evil?

theGTR
how did padme die? and if she didn't die would anakin still turn into the sith?
i have trouble deciding(and i'm the 1 who started this poll)
windu-strenth
yoda-wisdom
qui gon-master of the force
what about kenobi and the skywalkers? whats their special attributes?

astrofan428
Young Obi-Wan, not lying bastard Ben.

smoker4
Originally posted by astrofan428
Young Obi-Wan, not lying bastard Ben.

laughing out loud

Texansfan05
Obi-Wan: Killed Darth Maul, General Grevious
Trained Anakin who killed: Count Dooku, Darth Sidious, Asajj Ventress.
Helped train Luke- Who transformed Darth Vader back into Anakin.
He in one way or anouther is responsible for all of the leader's of the Dark Side being eliminated.

DarkYoda
Originally posted by Texansfan05
Obi-Wan: Killed Darth Maul, General Grevious
Trained Anakin who killed: Count Dooku, Darth Sidious, Asajj Ventress.
Helped train Luke- Who transformed Darth Vader back into Anakin.
He in one way or anouther is responsible for all of the leader's of the Dark Side being eliminated.

Nice thought. smile wink

Red Superfly
Yeah, Obi-Wan rocks. I didn't realise just how damn important Obi-Wan was. He alone, either directly or indirectly, wiped out the Sith threat. Cool.

His failure was the ultimate success. I love Star Wars.

DarkYoda
Originally posted by Red Superfly
I love Star Wars.

Happy Dance

Lord Yoda
Originally posted by DarkYoda
Yoda hands down. I firmly believe he could have beat the Emperor in Episode III. I think he realizes he was acting too aggressively and letting his emotions get the better of him. He realized it was too risky and that the fight could go either way... the wise thing? Don't fight the emperor on his terms. Yoda was also the only one that senses the Clone Troopers turning on the Jedi. Even Obi-Wan was caught off guard. He just managed to survive. Anakin could have become the best Jedi ever, but he turned dark before he reached his prime. And he lacked the experience needed. Yoda was 900 years old. That's alot of experience.

you said it laughing

Texansfan05
Yoda is still cool though he was great in ROTS throwing Darth Sidious into his chair laughing

DarkYoda
Yoda also taught Luke, and made sure that he trained him to understand the nature of the dark side and it's ability to corrupt and consume and destroy a person. Somehow I think the Jedi failed Anakin in this regard. I wonder why? wink Yoda also trained or had a hand in training every Jedi of the order.

astrofan428
I think Yoda's "let go what you fear to lose" speech really started Anakin's mistrust in the jedi.

Texansfan05
You have a point Dark Yoda. Yoda was also responsible for the fall of every single leader of the dark side but he didn't actually Kill any of them that's why I still think Obi-Wan's the best Jedi.

DarkYoda
Originally posted by astrofan428
I think Yoda's "let go what you fear to lose" speech really started Anakin's mistrust in the jedi.

I think it was evil Palpatine manipulating Anakin into not trusting the Jedi and promising him all kinds of power that the Jedi will never offer him.

Texansfan05
I think it was Palpatine using Padme as leverage that turned Anakin to the dark side.

astrofan428
I think it was evil Palpatine manipulating Anakin into not trusting the Jedi and promising him all kinds of power that the Jedi will never offer him.

Yeah I know that is the undoubted biggest motivator, I stated my post wrong.

In E3 the Jedi continually do things they believe to be right that Anakin doesnt understand. The biggest example of that is the scene in Yoda's chambers.

They should feel the conflicts he has inside, and no what they say is effecting him in the opposite way they intend.

Lazerlike42
it's nice to see QG getting some of the credit he deserves

DarkYoda
I think Yoda is the best because he is the only one who doesn't get killed. Even Obi-Wan and Anakin get killed. Except for Luke... just barely Luke survives. Imagine how hard it would have been to remain in complete solitude for 20+ years surrounded by the darkside, having lost everything you had worked for for 800 years. Seeing all of your friends destroyed. All of your pupils. Realizing that the war that had also cost so many lives was because of a sith lord you were fighting for. Yoda endured to the end. He didn't wuss out and get himself killed just to end the misery. stick out tongue

Texansfan05
Yoda's a fighter I'll give you that he's one of my favorite character's and he kicked A$$ in ROTS. Dark Yoda that's a cool sig.

Hegemon875
I'd think qui-gon is the most powerful force user since he was first to learn how to become al ghosty.

Lazerlike42
Qui-gon is the Jedi most in tune with the force, even in a time when the Jedi order was straying from it's proper ideals and becoming too political. Qui-gon rules.

Aldaron
No Votes for Windu? This is a close poll for me, however in the end I had to choose Yoda, seeing as he is well above all other Jedi at timesi . Mace Windu was awesome, shame Anikan had to go on and kill him (and that he never got to play a bigger role until now).

Lazerlike42
When Anakin, struggling with his own feelings but doing the "right thing" anyways, tells Windu that Palpatine is a Sith, if Mace had just showed comradery for ONCE in his life to Anakin, given that they are BROTHERS in a very real sense, Anakin would have felt important, felt cared about, felt like he was being treated like an adult instead of a five year old, and helped Windu annihalate Sidious and ended 20 years of oppression before it began. As bad as the council in general treated Anakin (not all of it unjustified but by no means justified either), Mace was by far the worst. That's reason enough he's not the best Jedi

NoFate007
Windu - put up a magnificent fight, but Palpatine wasn't using his full powers
Yoda - owned by Palpatine. Great Jedi, but not as powerful as the Emperor
Luke - we have no idea of his potential yet, judging by movies and not EU which isn't canon
Qui-Gon - great Jedi, but we have no means to compare him to besides that Obi-Wan as a Padawan bested Maul (yes he did. Maul had one lucky move, and so did Kenobi, so they're even in that last move) and Qui-Gon didn't, so Kenobi is more powerful

Anakin & Kenobi, here is the debate. Anakin is obviously more powerful and skilled, but Kenobi is more focused and knows how to defend himself better and such. Anakin, if he had not turned, would no doubt have become invincible. Kenobi wins because of this. He was THE MAN in Episode III, no doubt. He bested every single one of his opponents, and with the acception of Anakin, with ease. Dooku got a lucky shot in. Kenobi and Anakin are both pretty much equal, but Kenobi wins this.

Lazerlike42
The fact that Yoda and Obi-wan become Qui-gon's apprentices at the end of ROTS shows that it was Qui-gon who had things right all along and not them. Their mistakes (along with the mistakes of Windu and the rest of the Jedi) led to the turn of Anakin and the rise of the Sith. Qui-gon is, as we learn at the end of ROTS, is very much in tune with the force, moreso than Yoda and Windu. He was in tune with the will of the force. He is SO much so a pivotal, incredibly important character. That is probably why the song played during the duel in which he dies is called Duel of the Fates, because with Qui-gon hangs the very fate of the Jedi, the Sith, and the galaxy!

Thus, Qui-gon is the best.

voodoovodka2001
INCREDIBEL I JUST SEEN IT THE MOVIE IS SUPER but i dont understand r-2 is whit is memori ok but c-3po gets is memori deleted then in 4 r-2 dosent tell luke how is his fhater ? and i remeber dat in 4 or 6 obi say to luke that his fhather hides him and his sister.

Lazerlike42
he and his sister are hidden FROM his father

DarkYoda
I really like this thread because there are soooo many ways you can look at this question. I still like Yoda though. big grin

darthvader_fan
Grievous counts as a jedi so General Grievous KICK ASS DUDE30

Lazerlike42
how does Grievous count as a Jedi? I own a lightsaber it doesn't make me one lol

theGTR
grievous doesn't count. he's a robot/alien!
how did the sith come to being? and who are they? i know they're bad but is that all to it?
surly some1 stared it 800 yrs ago.
and how did the jedi's come to being?

jackstain
NJO Luke.

POWJ
According to GL about 10 years after the ROTJ luke is the most powerful jedi off all time( yoda being 2nd). Al tho he claims obi wan to be the best swordsman.

Lazerlike42
He must have said that a long time ago, before the PT because in Yoda and Mace he created two swordsman that Obi-wan couldn't touch with a 3,742 foot pole!

maifoshis
definately he used the story of his former sith master to appeal to anakin wanting to stop people dying. but throughout the whole film you can see anakin isnt in full control and maybe qui gonn would have prevented him from turning

Lazerlike42
of course he would have Qui-gon was the only Jedi that had any clue about the true nature of things

POWJ
No GL said in his opinion Obi wan is the best swords man in the Jedi order in EP3 which he details cause he was able to defeat GG and Anakin.

Lazerlike42
Obi-wan would lose to Mace or Yoda in less than a minute

torcus

TheForceSupreme
Obi-Wan

DarkYoda
The thing everyone forgets about Obi-Wan is that he trained Anakin and Anakin became Darth Vader. That's the biggest f-up in the whole galaxy!

Texansfan05
Yoda did well training Count Dooku AKA : Darth Tyranus

DarkYoda
Yoda did well training Count Dooku AKA : Darth Tyranus

Nice! wink Forgot about that one. But Count Dooku trained Qui-Gon who trained Obi-Wan really well. Yoda also trained many Jedi who did not turn. Obi-Wan and Yoda did help to train Luke so they both did do right by Anakin's son.

WindDancer
Since this poll isn't about which Jedi is more powerful. I'm voting for Qui-gon because he is the best. A true noble and charming gentleman Jedi. He truly is the best Jedi.

Texansfan05
Obi-Wan was dealt with extreme circumstances training Anakin. Anakin wasn't trained like normal jedi most start at birth. The problem with Anakin was for 9 year's he had lived an ordinary life. He cared about people the thing about jedi is they care but they don't have emotional relationship's. That's what makes Anakin different in ROTS he wanted to save the clone ship in the space battle Obi-Wan felt they were expendible. The Reason Luke didn't turn was because Yoda told him about the dark side Anakin was kept in the dark about that side of the force. But I don't blame Obi-Wan for Anakin leaving the jedi Anakin was trying to save Padme.

DarkYoda
The only problem I have with Qui-Gon is that he exited the saga too early. He never had to fight a sith lord until TPM and he was killed when he did. How would he have reacted when the REAL sh*t hit the fan so to speak? Would he have come across so noble? Would he have survived? Probably not. I think it definitely has to come between Yoda, Obi-Wan, & Luke.

Texansfan05
I don't think Luke is even a legitmate canditate It's between Obi-Wan and Yoda

DarkYoda
I don't think Luke is even a legitmate canditate It's between Obi-Wan and Yoda

You do realize how much balls it would take to confront Darth Vader and his Emperor don't you? And then to throw your lightsaber away and proclaim to a master Sith lord... I AM A JEDI. Like my father before me!

bib_fortuna
i truly believe that had qui-gon survived, anakin would not have turned to the dark side. he looked up to qui-gon and probably would have listened to him more. he was always a little aprehensive of the Jedi council since they didn't want him as a Jedi in the first place.

the emporer talked about having powers far beyond those of a Jedi when they were at the opera ... i believe he "planted" the dreams of Padme dying so he could easily manipulate Anakin. you could speculate that, since he mentioned it, that Palpatine himself spawned Anakin by controling the midiclorians. anyone else have any thoughts?

bib_fortuna
p.s. mace windu blows

DarkYoda
Originally posted by bib_fortuna
i truly believe that had qui-gon survived, anakin would not have turned to the dark side. he looked up to qui-gon and probably would have listened to him more. he was always a little aprehensive of the Jedi council since they didn't want him as a Jedi in the first place.

the emporer talked about having powers far beyond those of a Jedi when they were at the opera ... i believe he "planted" the dreams of Padme dying so he could easily manipulate Anakin. you could speculate that, since he mentioned it, that Palpatine himself spawned Anakin by controling the midiclorians. anyone else have any thoughts?

Interesting... did Palpatine (who always knew about Padme) intentionally create a fear in Anakin by creating a vision (after he heard about what he did to the sandpeople) and then actually make it come true by killing Padme through the force? He already hinted that you could create life through the force. Maybe you can create death as well.

Mandos
Too many people here said Obi-Wan. He sucks compared to others. Yoda is good, but Sidious is stronger. As for Anakin, he surely had the best potential of them all, the highest midi-chlorians concentration ever found in one's body. Unfortunately, he made wrong choices and that cost him the power he could acheive.

Fishy
Interesting... did Palpatine (who always knew about Padme) intentionally create a fear in Anakin by creating a vision (after he heard about what he did to the sandpeople) and then actually make it come true by killing Padme through the force? He already hinted that you could create life through the force. Maybe you can create death as well.

I doubt he can really create life or that he placed those visions, he made great use of them though

moviejunkie23
Qui Gon- though he was disapointing in combat, qui gon has to be a serios contender just because of how well he was in tune with the force. Lest face it, he showed no fear or worry or anxiety like allot of the other yedi do, he just did exactly what he felt the force wanted. Qui Gon could easily take the prize because he is completley uber in the force, to such a degree he is able to perfom the uberest of all jedi techniques and come back from the dead and continue to train more jedi!!!

Obi Wan- i don't care what anyone says, Obi Wan is a bad mofo. He wins not because his midi count, he wins because he is a brilliant fighter. Thats how he beats darth vader before darth vader became a half robot thanks to obi wan of course for crippling him!, he beat him by using his wits. Hey anikin if you try to take me from there you will fail! Obi Wan KNOWS anikin, he knows he will take that as a challenge. Anikin trys it and Obi Wan wins. He woudn't have had such a problem with Dooku in episode 2 as well if anikin woulod have listened to Obi Wan. Also Obi Wan when he wants to can be uber in the force as well, remeber how he killed maul?? that was focus for a padwan. Also in the OT he is so strong in the force after he is dead he can virtually show up to luke when he wants!!!( besides when luke goes to vader) He helps guide Luke skywalker to defeat the empire, allot of props goes to him for that. Yoda asw ell but i would contend not as much as Ob Wan.

Windu- you want a jedi at your side in a fight get mace windu. He to me, is arguabley the best combat smith in the 6 movies, though things he decided left allot to be desired. He was a little bit TOO headstrong and I found his lack of faith disturbing in Anikin. He is counted out for me for best jedi but certainly for combat he is super uber.

alien2
Yoda is a great fighter. He is incredibley short and his arms are tiny but somehow, maybe using the force, his is able to wail with a lightsaber. he can actually push back a lightsaber with his against a grown adult male human. That is some strong pushing for one such as little as yoda. You have to realise as well this is not yoda in his prime! He is probably about the same as 90 at this point! 90 years old and he coherant enough to govern wars and fight sith lords. Also yoda was very in tune with what was happening with people, maybe not so much the will of the force thats another discussion, but he was plugged in well enough in the foce he could sense pain and suffering virtually with everyone in the jedi order.

Luke-
Dude he destroys and entire empire at the begginning stages of padwan!!! he fights and wins against a sith lord after only limited training in light saber battle. He has mastered all sorts of jedi abilities in the span of a few short moments! what more do you want??? Also he was not raised by an jedi yet he instinctivley fights against eveil, sure he had obi wan and yoda telling him not to join the darkside, but he had far less coaxing than either dooku or anikin. Luke is naturally good and naturally in tune with the force as well. He knew there was good in his dad and i believ it was the will of the force that Luke forgive Anikin even after all of his wrongs.

Anikin-
he turns sith, he is counted out immediatley for the best jedi catagory. It just goes to show with Anikin you can have the best potential in the world and still fail miserabley. Big thumbs down for Anikin for best jedi

so who is the best jedi??? though they are not my favorite jedi, i think the best are a tie between Luke and Qui Gon. My favorite is Obi Wan because i love his style and his quick thinking in desperate situations.

Texansfan05
You do realize how much balls it would take to confront Darth Vader and his Emperor don't you? And then to throw your lightsaber away and proclaim to a master Sith lord... I AM A JEDI. Like my father before me!

Good Point wink That did take gut's confronting them now when he threw the lightsaber that could of been his end but his faith in his father makes him a hero in my book. You have convinced me luke is in the running for best jedi.

DarkYoda
moviejunkie23... you have convinced me that there cannot be a best. They are all best in different ways. It depends on what you as a person think is most important in a Jedi. Me... I think it is endurance... and Yoda wins that competition I think. Of course Anakin sure had to endure some painful moments. Obi-Wan too. Qui-Gon... not really. Windu... not really. Luke... not as much.

moviejunkie23
your very right yoda.
its all about what you PERCIEVE to be the best jedi
They are all the best in these catagories
Anikin- potential
Mace-Combat
Qui Gon- in tune with the force
Obi Wan- his witts (in my opinion is his best strenghth)
Luke- accomplishments and accelerated learning ability
Yoda- for long standing jedi prowess wink

Lazerlike42
This is all true but as it turns out Qui-gon ends up being by far the most important Jedi ever.... he finds a secret that's been sought after for millenia, he sticks to the true way of the Jedi, and does not allow himself to become corrupt and political like the others do. Above all, he becomes YODA'S MASTER.

It's this way:

Mace is almost singlehandedly responsible for the rise of Palpatine (read my previous post). He's so responsible for Anakin's turn he can't even be considered for the title of best Jedi. As strong as he is in combat, in other areas he is so lacking that any points he gains for combat are completely canceled out.

Yoda and Obi-wan are both apprentices of Qui-gon.

Thusly when it comes to overall best Jedi, (and also remember that the most important trait of a Jedi is to follow the will of the force, just like in our society the most important trait of say a priest or whatever is to follow the will of God) Qui-gon hands down wins out.

EDIT - additionally, Luke, however powerful he may be in the EU, is absolutely demolished by Palpatine. No, he's worse than demolished. There isn't a word for how badly he loses.

moviejunkie23
i would like to read your post if you want to link it wink

Lazerlike42
here you go

When Anakin, struggling with his own feelings but doing the "right thing" anyways, tells Windu that Palpatine is a Sith, if Mace had just showed comradery for ONCE in his life to Anakin, given that they are BROTHERS in a very real sense, Anakin would have felt important, felt cared about, felt like he was being treated like an adult instead of a five year old, and helped Windu annihalate Sidious and ended 20 years of oppression before it began. As bad as the council in general treated Anakin (not all of it unjustified but by no means justified either), Mace was by far the worst. That's reason enough he's not the best Jedi

moviejunkie23
oh i agree one hundred percent.

Lazerlike42
yay lol big grin

jrodslam
Best - Yoda.

He had a part in the training of every Jedi.
He trained Luke for the most part. Teaching him how to focus his concentration, fear, patience etc. Jedi uses for defence never attack.
Wisest out of all Jedi's
Powerful out of all Jedi's(Stalemated the emperor)]

And i agree, Mace is the worst.

moviejunkie23
mace was too headstrong

theGTR
yeah, mace was too headstrong but i still had to include him in the pool cuz he's a jedi. he is the best in combat.
and i never knew qui gon was the master of yoda. yoda is 800yrs old!
i still dunno who to vote for. if anakin didn't turn bad then i would've voted for him.
qui gon died to fast!

Morning_Glory
i love Obi Wan!

Lazerlike42
Qui-Gon trains Yoda and Obi-Wan during the 20 year interim between 3 and 4

theGTR
train them?, but how. he's dead. was he using the force? or something

Lazerlike42
Train them in the same way Obi-Wan talks to Luke in ESB and ROTJ. At the end of ROTS, when Yoda is meditating on Bail's ship, Qui-Gon contacts him and informs him he is still "alive" through the force, and that he will train Yoda and Obi-Wan in these matters (as well, we assume, in becoming more in-tune with the force as Qui-Gon himself was so as that they may be free of the errors that allowed Anakin's turn and the rise od the Sith).

There was supposed to be more to the scene, as we were supposed to hear Qui-Gon's voice and Yoda's in a conversation, but we do not because Liam Neeson would not participate for whatever reason. In any case, we are provided with sufficient dialogue to ascertain the truth when Yoda tells Obi-Wan "training I have for you.... learned the secret to imoortality an old friend has," and Obi-Wan says, "Qui-Gon!"

knight
"Obi-wan kenobi, Obi-wan".

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/hot_knight/darth_vader_banner.jpg

theGTR
thanks for the info lazerlike42. that helped.
did anakin looked up to qui gon? i thought its was obi wan

Ben-Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenoni!!!

LandoSpeeder2
Originally posted by Ben-Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenoni!!! Kenoni? stick out tongue

theGTR
ok ppl. i'm with obi-wan. i saw the film 2day and he kicked anakin's ASS!
i would've voted for anakin but 1)he turned to the darkside
2)he killed the younglings, 3)he killed PADME, 4)he killed windu and last obi kicked his ass!.
see obi's last hit?, it chopped off his hand and 2 legs!
the movie was great! but it wasn't as sad as i thought

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.